Bloons Tower Defense 6: Let's Kill Bloonarius!

Talk about video games here
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Bloons Tower Defense 6: Let's Kill Bloonarius!

Post by Armhulen » #608619

I wanted to make a thread about BTD6 since we've always on and off played it in voice chat. In the most recent update they added event bosses, and the first one Bloonarius is pretty tough.

Best I've done is round 109 on tier 4 Bloonarius.

proof of killing tier 3, with middle path boomerang permacharge + buff spam:
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Re: Bloons Tower Defense 6: Let's Kill Bloonarius!

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #608620

It's particularly difficult but as resident tack shooter enthusiast I think there's something to be said for it. The sheer amount of HP presented is of course a pain, but the size makes it so that one tack shooter, well-placed, can land multiple hits on the single boss for quite significant damage over time - now I've just gotta find something that'll deal with the additional spam that it shits out each quarter of HP lost.
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #608621

I do like me some tack zones. The range nerf does hurt though, and I tried doing range path instead of speed and it just wasn't enough DPS.

Oh also seeing the difficulty ramping, you definitely need to use the Paragon towers so at the very least there needs to be some crazy income
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #608637

I think I got to the fourth tier and then died on the very last skull, don't remember what round. You definitely do need to farm super hard if you want to do it proper without any powers.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #608648

Just beat it at tier 5. Ran Sauda so I could cash farm early, peak farms was 6 402 and 1 502 (use a monkey farmer for convenience). Got through the first tier with a Spike Storm and alch buffed Sauda + a separate alch buff running on a 402 boomerang to handle ceramics. After that my biggest players were probably my 250 dartling gunner (the ability just shreds the boss), the four additional Spike Storms that had their abilities basically get spammed, and eventually the paragon dart monkey (level 40ish) which I definitely would not have cleared T5 without. Apparently paragons level with cash spent on dart monkeys and bloons popped by darts so you want to get an 025 relatively early then your 5XX as soon as you have some good cash farms going, etc, then just spam a bunch of 420s near the track entrance to get some extra pops before going in on the paragon. Also at T4 I got a 204 Super Monkey that became a 205 by the end of T5 as well as getting my 402 boomerang up to 502, useful for if you're anxious about leaks but I'm not certain it was totally necessary.

Shitloads of farms absolutely make the difference and I think beating T1 in a really minimalist way like I did to allow for the majority of your cash to go into farms was the key. If you're curious how you should be upgrading them, get 4 or 5 up to 200 and then once you have that start getting each of them into 300 (and try expanding into a 6th where you can fit it), then get each to 400, then 420. If you're not using a farmer and need to manually mouse over them or if one or two of the farms don't fit under the farmer's radius, you can get the X20 upgrades a bit sooner for the long life bananas. Around I think T4 was when I made one of them a 520 which is important because it buffs the cash gen of all your other farms in addition to just shitting cash constantly.

Not really sure how to approach elite yet
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #608649

Paragons are a must, I also threw in a low level sun temple consuming the villages (Paragons do not accept buffs, so villages are pretty great temple fuel)
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #608651

The funny thing is since paragons are a must starting the first bloonarius with a turbo boost primary training village helps a TON on saving costs. Go bottom path, it deals more single target damage
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #608652

Armhulen wrote:The funny thing is since paragons are a must starting the first bloonarius with a turbo boost primary training village helps a TON on saving costs. Go bottom path, it deals more single target damage
I haven't actually used the boomerang paragon yet, but that sounds like a good approach. In my case because I farmed early it wasn't super necessary (money spent on a primary training village might as well be spent on 2-3 farms instead) though I did throw in a 420 village at some point (probably around the end of T2?). Dart monkey paragon is nice because darts are super cheap and easy to spam (especially with a little farming), giving you a decent paragon level with not a lot of investment.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #608657

True about the paragon levelling. Boomerang go to 26 and Dart got to... 54, I wanna say?