Monstah Hampster- Month old back up edition

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Monstah Hampster- Month old back up edition

Post by srifenbyxp » #74710

Because
MrStonedOne wrote: shit got hacked
I'm just now Rank 7 in Monsono Pantsu, still waiting for other nerds to play with meh. Also new DLC came out for it, and boy ho boy I love Monster Hunter DLC because it's free, just like big juicy titties.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Monstah Hampster- Month old back up edition

Post by miggles » #74912

reminder
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/huntan4u
join that if you like monster hunter and are in this community
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #75064

Got nearly full gold plate armor, shit so CASH.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75133

I need to figure out what armor to work towards next. This velociprey set is getting a little long in the tooth.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #75135

The Velociprey sets got me to G-rank. Then i made the G-rank Veloci set. Its great. Dont need anything else really. Ruby Basarios is nice for lance/gunlance.

Got to HR68, been doing some solo G-rank stuff because i dont feel like playing online with high rank gear in G-rank quests.
miggles

Post by miggles » #75165

all i know is bnahabra is the best set for low rank GS users because it has sheathing +1
its also great for LBG users because of amped status effects
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75166

What's a good set for lancing? Gravios, maybe? I'm thinking of working towards the Rathalos set for my standard loadout.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75167

Ruby Basarios. Comes with Guard+2, Negate Poison and you can gem in pretty much whatever you want. Arty god for Gunlances, or whatever for Lances.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75168

Is there a way to unlock R. Basarios that isn't a huge pain in the ass?
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75169

Guild Quest only
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75170

So that's a no, then.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75175

I can send you my Ruby Basarios GQ if you want. Never sent one before, so i have no idea what level it will reset to once you receive it. Can also give you Yian Garuga and Kirin.

EDIT:

Ill sit in a room and wait for anyone how wants any of the above Guild Quests. Just join and let me know which one to send.

Room id: 05-6866-1338-6120
Pass: 1022
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75193

It's gonna be a few minutes before I get home to my 3DS, but if you'll still around I'll take you up on that.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75207

No plans to go anywhere. Just sitting here watching Battlestar Galactica.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75222

Great, thanks. Gonna be a while before I can handle that sumbitch, though.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75227

Yeah Ruby Basarios is an exclusively high rank/G-rank monster. Great armor set though.

EDIT: Oh, and ill be around for 10 more minutes(until the end of the show im watching). If anyone wants Ruby Basarios, Kirin or Yian Garuga guild quests after that, then just ask here. If im around then ill jump online and send them to you.
miggles

Post by miggles » #75240

evade lancing >>> guard lancing
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #75244

Both are fine. Evade lancing requires much more knowledge of monster patterns and doesnt work against some attacks. Guard lancing is much safer and easier to time, but some attacks still get through your guard if they hit at a strange angle, and other attacks have too much knockback to counter.
miggles

Post by miggles » #75254

evade lancing is more fun and is cooler so its better
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75345

miggles wrote:evade lancing >>> guard lancing
Literally anything up to and including Hitler >>>>>>> your opinion

I kid, I just came up with that in the car and had to use it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
miggles

Post by miggles » #75355

it probably cost me a fraction of a cent on my electric bill to read that sentence
and a further number of cent-fractions to type this message
so the amount of timemoney youve forced me to waste is roughly equivalent to 0.15 picohitlers
i'm going to have to ensure that you aren't operating small concentration camps for the improperly copied dna within your cells
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75357

Man if I could round up and kill my genetic disorders I'd be all over that
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75400

I ended up making the Ingot set for the time being. The thunder attack up syncs well with the Zinogre lance I'm using.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #76052

Been farming HG Brachydios for his gem. No chance there yet.

I just want to finish HG Akantor set ;_;
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #76630

Last night me and two pals were fighting a Rathian in the Ancestral Steppe, and we'd weakened her to the point where she tried to fly away. I did a running jump off one of those giant nests in... Area 2, I think, and managed to hit her tail with my lance. The attack flinched her out of the air and my friends cut her tail off as soon as she hit the ground. Fucking clutch.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #77239

Just a few minutes ago I back swing a teammate into the air and he fucking mounted a Silver Los. My dick was hard, 12/10 assist
miggles

Post by miggles » #78930

gunhammer the best hammer
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #79407

Parazagged LS? More like STUN LOCK FE-VAAAAHHHHH
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79535

I'm trying to learn gunlance. Still on the very cusp of breaking into High Rank, so I'm using the Seltas Queen armor with Zinogre's gunlance. I look mecha as hell. Too bad I'm shit with it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #79565

EndgamerAzari wrote:I'm trying to learn gunlance. Still on the very cusp of breaking into High Rank, so I'm using the Seltas Queen armor with Zinogre's gunlance. I look mecha as hell. Too bad I'm shit with it.
I've been trying out Gunlance too, mainly because I got a Artillery +14 talisman (Playstyle defining charms, hoy!)

Holy crap, I get to stab AND shoot monsters? And then Wyvern Fire them in the face? FUCK YES, SIGN ME UP PLEASE.
Also, like the Seregios HH, the Seregios Gunlance is absurd - craft that once you're able to in high-rank. (Tho, good luck getting the seregios impalers, you need the cut the tail for that.)
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79586

Gunlance is very much a case of spamming the forward upward lunge attack and using that to combo into pokes or shelling. Artillery God + a good wide shot GL(Molten Tigrex GL is amaaaazing) then spam the charged shots. You can easily knock monsters out of the air all day and do crazy damage.

Not a fan of the Seregios lance/GL. You need something like 6 backhops to regain sharpness. Not worth it. The Hammer and Greatsword are amazing though. Pretty sure the Seregios GS is the best high rank GS and will carry you through to G2 when you can make the Diablos GS.
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #79744

A friend and I have been full retard hunting killed a few deviljos now i swing around the switch axes for hard core raep
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79854

Just fought Brachydios for the the first time yesterday. I like his style, but fighting him with a lance was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

Beyond, y'know, my choices in education.

And career.

And women.

And hobbies.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
miggles

Post by miggles » #79892

;_;7
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79946

Yeah, it turns out the lance was the problem. Fighting him with a greatsword was really easy and fun, even though he was frenzied.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #79947

Yeah GS wrecks him. Dont bother with lance unless you atleast have blastblight immunity and eat food for Felyne Black Belt.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #79968

>achieving a break subquest with a jump attack

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #79984

Alex Crimson wrote:Gunlance is very much a case of spamming the forward upward lunge attack and using that to combo into pokes or shelling. Artillery God + a good wide shot GL(Molten Tigrex GL is amaaaazing) then spam the charged shots. You can easily knock monsters out of the air all day and do crazy damage.

Not a fan of the Seregios lance/GL. You need something like 6 backhops to regain sharpness. Not worth it. The Hammer and Greatsword are amazing though. Pretty sure the Seregios GS is the best high rank GS and will carry you through to G2 when you can make the Diablos GS.
Seregios GL is definitly made for Evade Lancers...

But even then, it has a pretty high raw damage value, +15% affinity, along with having Lv5 Long shots, and natural purple sharpness. It's also incredibly easy to make, which is another nice advantage if you want a GL straight off the bat.

Molten Tygrex GL will beat it in terms of damage, because bloody wide shells damage output is freaking insane. However, when playing multiplayer, those wide shells will repeatedly hinder your teammates if you do not pay attention to them, so when playing with others, you're going to prefer long shots - especially since they have a more powerfull Wyvern Fire, for some reason.
Tho I've heard of hunters using exclusively wideshells in multiplayer by spamming up attacks...I can definitly see how it would work.

Another stupidly strong Wide Damage GL is Hellruin Gunlance, which comes with Blast damage (unlike the Tygy one, you don't need to awaken it). And since you'll be generally packing Artillery in your set, that blastlight's gonna hurt a lot more than normal.

Also, the Seregios Hunting Horn is stupidly broken. Two Decoration slots, one of the best songs available in the game, 20% affitnity, one of the highest raw damage. Jesus christ.
miggles

Post by miggles » #80020

well seregios IS supposed to be the flagship monster
they changed it to gore magala in NA though
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #80341

Today in MH :

What's worst than a G-Rank Garuga?
A frenzied G-Rank Garuga.

This bastard son of a Kut-ku and a Rathian don't have much tells to work with already, but he goes so much faster in frenzy mode, it's insane.
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #80365

update: Friends and I killed two Deviljos naked in high rank no deaths... I am super newb switch axe master
miggles

Post by miggles » #80367

remove khezu
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #81821

getting rajang for my hr 7 requirement was truly god-awful

nobody wants to do rajang and i can only solo it myself with caravan quests (and i fainted once)

that said it beats the fuck outta farming gold rathian

EDIT: if i discover that any of you were any of those turds who throw flashbombs at the monster's back i'm going to make your spesslife a living hell
EDIT 2: damaldur is better than sex
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
LunchboxKilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #82127

I need help with gettign a set of armor and some other mats... I need to kill a g rank S. Zinogre... making the Zinogre Z set with dragon damage boost for muh artifact switch axe
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #119290

Necro Time, but I wasn't going to make a new MH thread when we already have a old one.

So, that tgs trailer, right...
Spoiler:
YOU CAN PLAY AS PALICOES NOW?!
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #119347

Got Akantor High rank stuff, trying to murder elder dragons so I can level a few of my glaives. Most of them require g-rank materials now, but a few still need high rank stuff
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]