Talk about video games here
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: SPACE ENGINEERS

Post by TheWiznard » #136855

Bottom post of the previous page:

aparrotly the last "hotfix" raised the minimum requirements for the game to even fucking open. There are tons of people pissed off in the comments of the update because they were playing just fine and now can't even start the game. I was gonna try playing for a bit but was met with the insufficient minimum requirements at the main menu. It doesn't even let you load the game that you payed for if you can't meet these
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #136857

Don't worry, I'm sure Steam will understand and give you a refund if you ask

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136881

Takeguru wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure Steam will understand and give you a refund if you ask

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
already have like 90 some hours in the game. I'm pretty sure steam only refunds a game if you've played it under 10 hours
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #136886

Yeah, a lot of people are bitching about that on Keen's forums, saying they don't give a fuck about foliage, soft shadows, etc. They just wanna play the damn game.
Edit: I think that their hotfix didn't actually raise the requirements, it just made them actually be detected. Still sucks for people.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #136895

palpatine213 wrote:Yeah, a lot of people are bitching about that on Keen's forums, saying they don't give a fuck about foliage, soft shadows, etc. They just wanna play the damn game.
I mean; if I had a computer that could run dx11, soft shadows, planet, trees, motion blur, etc etc I would love that shit in my game. The thing is I'm on a potato. I mean in my opinion/view it does seem contradictory for the community to be like "gimmie planets" and then when they deliver to go "Fuck this I just want the game". Even before this hotfix you didn't have to make a world with planets and I was fine just playing that. I can understand wanting to raise the minimum req. for the game so people know what they need but I don't see any fucking reason to FORCE you to not even be able to play the game without planets and stuff anymore if it works
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #136899

TheWiznard wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Don't worry, I'm sure Steam will understand and give you a refund if you ask

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
already have like 90 some hours in the game. I'm pretty sure steam only refunds a game if you've played it under 10 hours
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #136925

I'm thinking of restarting the map, as currently I don't think there are any asteroids and at the time of making the map resources on habitable planets are sparse and buried really really deeply.

I've been thinking of starting the "Empty star system" start, which is basically 3 random planets plus 3 moons and then maybe adding say, 20 asteroids?

Watcha reckon?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #136929

I'm not really liking planets so it gets my vote.

But i've not built anything yet
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #136982

Rip moonbase
Oh. By the way, this is kinda cheaty/powergamey but I discovered that since planets aren't randomly generated, but are actually pre created, the resource locations are the same across games if you load the same start point. So basically, what you can do is start a local game on easy start 1 in creative, build a large ship for prospecting ores (I installed a mod to increase the ore detector range as well) then you can go locate ore deposits and mark them with gps waypoints that you can copy to the server game and the ores will be in the same position.
Kinda cheaty, but it makes finding resources actually manageable.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #137078

Just do an asteroid start then use the spawning tools to spawn a planet in.
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #137082

Maybe you could turn creative on on the old map for a day, so we can enjoy mass destruction IN SP... ON PLANET!
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #137086

Lets make SS13.

Lets do it.

Do it.

Whats the IP.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #137099

Incomptinence wrote:Just do an asteroid start then use the spawning tools to spawn a planet in.
I'm not sure how to use the spawning tools, especially not with a remote server. If you know how maybe you could explain it to me?
Jazaen wrote:Maybe you could turn creative on on the old map for a day, so we can enjoy mass destruction IN SP... ON PLANET!
I actually backed up the world before I restarted it. So actually might just do that tonight, some creative mode might be a good way to get hang of all the planets... quirks?
callanrockslol wrote:Lets make SS13.
Lets do it.
Do it.
Whats the IP.
Man that would take some effort, but possible. I guess you mean box station.
Also its a whitelisted server, but all you need to do is join the steam group. The info was a couple of posts back, but basicly just visit here and comment and I'll add you: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/YCHinSpace
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #137100

It's already switched over to the new map. Basically EXACTLY the same as the last one, minus the easy start prebuilt base.
Also, thanks 2 cheaty prospecting, moonbase is already rebuilt! I started a nanotrasen faction which is open for joining.
I'd strongly recommend starting on the moon vs the planet as the lower gravity makes shipbuilding much much easier.

Oh, server is down currently btw. Rip.
peoplearestrange wrote:I'm not sure how to use the spawning tools, especially not with a remote server. If you know how maybe you could explain it to me?
It's actually quite simple. Just use alt+F10 to open gamemaster window, and click the enable creative tools button. Then press Shift+F10 to open the spawn window.
From there you can spawn items, asteroids, or planets.
Last edited by Shadowlight213 on Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #137110

Someone already made the basic outline, it's somewhere on the workshop.
And it looks as terrible and 2D as expected.
I play:
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #137117

Does anyone know how to create a shortcut to autoconnect to the server from the desktop?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #137187

>PAS resets map
>Spend entire day rebuilding moonbase
>come back next day
>PAS reset it again and all my work is lost.
;_;
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #137231

No, it was fucked up and not saving, each time it rebooted it would make a new world. Should be stable now... HOPEFULLY with the last save on...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #137233

By last save, do you mean before it stopped saving and remade the world on reboot? Because everything is still gone. :(

Edit: So it turns out that that save got accidentally deleted. The good news is now the server should save and work correctly.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #137342

tedward1337 wrote:Does anyone know how to create a shortcut to autoconnect to the server from the desktop?
I do, I'll edit that in soon-ish

EDIT: I HAVE RETURNED, AND...
steam://connect/88.150.145.86:27015
Write that in your .url file propeties.
Last edited by Jazaen on Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I play:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #137391

So rovers are effectively fucked
Seriously, don't bother building them, you'll just clip through the world and it'll be destroyed. And you will die.
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #138136

It's a dakka of a different colour! (new dedicated server bugs apparently)
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #138144

They just oughtta give us new types of weapons, maybe?

I still want a rifle that fires autocannon shells.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #139560

So, latest update is reportedly causing dedicated servers to constantly crash. Good times.
Hopefully hot fix will fix that.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #139633

palpatine213 wrote:So, latest update is reportedly causing dedicated servers to constantly crash. Good times.
Hopefully hot fix will fix that.
Not just crash; it's set the simulation speed to the server speed, sooo about 0.2x normal speed.
Which means it literally takes 5 seconds to travel 100m/s. Effectively unplayable until they fix it, yaaay.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144043

Well. Keen has finally gone off the deep end.
They added fucking EXPLODING cyberdogs.
What happened to realistic future with as little scifi as possible?
So yeah. Space engineers has creepers now. If they cant get a direct path to you, they explode. Not like we've had enough problems with shit like connectors and landing gears randomly exploding.
All the multiplayer servers are basically dead too since the dogs are randomly exploding everywhere.

Oh, and the BEST PART! They will add the option to turn them OFF in A FEW DAYS. So yeah cant even turn them off currently.
Even their forum regulars who defend them usually are outraged.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #144045

So Keen is now Squad-tier?
And to think I bought this right when it came out.

To make matters worse, there's barely any fixes in there.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #144057

It's lame that people can be space spiders too it kinda just kills immersion.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144233

You can't be a space spider sticky. That was a mod.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #144328

palpatine213 wrote:You can't be a space spider sticky. That was a mod.
You can change to a space spider skin in the default game at a medbay I thought
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #144335

Stickymayhem wrote:
palpatine213 wrote:You can't be a space spider sticky. That was a mod.
You can change to a space spider skin in the default game at a medbay I thought
You can, I've done it
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #144474

Holy shit you can.

Anyways. They updated again, adding option to turn them off. Spiders and dogs are disabled by default so the server should have neither.
Oh. In a previous update Keen claimed to have fixed the small to large ship docking jitter issue... It actually got worse.
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #145277

So, I tried sticky's SE server.
Made a pretty good base first day. Setup a turret with plenty of ammo to protect it before going to bed.
Came back next morning to the base smashed to shit by meteors.

So yeah, fuck that. Meteors are bullshit.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #145338

Here I come, from low-fps and stability hell to mention that there are mod ways to deal with asteroids! Other than just disabling themI'm not marketing them well, am I?
I play:
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #153659

I love space engineers, wish they would make planets destructible.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #153685

They are though? Do you mean totally?
The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #153711

Yep
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #153811

Anyone still play this?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153815

I have been meaning to get back in, but i think the netcode is still garbage. I wanna grief pubbies again, and now we can make J U N G L E S T A T I O N
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #153860

An0n3 wrote:Anyone still play this?
I do! :)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #154005

got serber?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #154006

An0n3 wrote:got serber?
Yes, but my internet sucks. I port-forwarded and all though, long time ago.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #154032

Space engineers the game where the bug fixing gets me more excited than the features.

The day rotors and pistons are fixed glorious legged spider machines will finally be free from solo.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154049

PAS's server still exists, none of you fuckers are ever on though.
Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #154057

Wait, is is still alive?
I play:
The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #154067

Malkevin wrote:PAS's server still exists, none of you fuckers are ever on though.
What is his IP?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #154115

88.150.145.86:27015
Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #154133

I was on Pas's server a lot until recently, but I kinda stopped because I was pretty much the only one there, with tedward joining sometimes.
I still keep the server updated and shit though.

If people are interested in joining I'll probably start playing again then.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #154151

What have they added recently?

last time I played they still hadn't added stuff to create your own interior areas with atmosphere and stuff, but they were planning on it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #154153

Atmos is a thing now, FTL travel is a thing now, rudimentary autopilots are a thing now, but that aside I haven't played in ages, either.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #154157

Actual planets are a thing now too