Horizon: Forbidden West

Talk about video games here
Highway Routine
Byond Username: Holes in the light

Horizon: Forbidden West

Post by Highway Routine » #631356

We Got Robots!

We Got AIs that Wish for the sweet release of death!

and most importantly

THE BOI
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Re: Horizon: Forbidden West

Post by Stickymayhem » #631380

oh shit whaddup its dat boi
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
kieth4
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Kieth4

Post by kieth4 » #631384

Love Guerrilla Games, their stuff has such a unique look! Now, my memory is foggy on this but apprently when there was a lack of artists they hired architects instead to help create this awesome future but realistic vibe for the killzone games it's for sure passed down to horizon.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #631388

people told me the main character of this game was a huge fat chick so i looked it up and she's just a fucking skinny girl

0/10 would not buy
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #631447

I do not know anything about these games outside of what /v/ has told me about them which is that they're generic Sony movie games with the usual neoliberal propaganda and recently I've noticed the board's very upset that the protagonist whose name I'm told is Aloy is intentionally unattractive presumably because the developers want to prove you don't have to be attractive to be the protagonist, you can just be an entitled middle class liberal woman instead which is who I'm assuming these intentionally bland-looking female characters are supposed to appeal to.

I am a big TLOU2 enjoyer in spite of all the neoliberal identity politics they crammed into it which undermined a lot of what they were trying to do by distracting from the story and alienating normies and fans of the first game, so I might enjoy these too if I thought they were good enough to try them. In fact, I might pirate the first flick so I can in all likelihood get bored of it immediately.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #631475

cacogen wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:22 am I do not know anything about these games outside of what /v/ has told me about them which is that they're generic Sony movie games with the usual neoliberal propaganda and recently I've noticed the board's very upset that the protagonist whose name I'm told is Aloy is intentionally unattractive presumably because the developers want to prove you don't have to be attractive to be the protagonist, you can just be an entitled middle class liberal woman instead which is who I'm assuming these intentionally bland-looking female characters are supposed to appeal to.

I am a big TLOU2 enjoyer in spite of all the neoliberal identity politics they crammed into it which undermined a lot of what they were trying to do by distracting from the story and alienating normies and fans of the first game, so I might enjoy these too if I thought they were good enough to try them. In fact, I might pirate the first flick so I can in all likelihood get bored of it immediately.
God you stunted growth 4chantards really do build a monolithic construction of self-victimization to what, make yourself less likely to enjoy things? What a waste of effort.

Are you stuck in 2014 I half expected you to blame Sarkeesian for this midway through.
► Show Spoiler
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #631482

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:10 am God you stunted growth 4chantards really do build a monolithic construction of self-victimization to what, make yourself less likely to enjoy things? What a waste of effort.

Are you stuck in 2014 I half expected you to blame Sarkeesian for this midway through.
► Show Spoiler
I'm sorry but this just sounds incredibly childish while you're trying to be condescending. Also, I am not a neoliberal, that is not a very nice thing for you to have said to me. You are the neoliberal, Sticky.

What victimisation? I have to bite. Like adding tedious, grating, transparent identity politics designed to appeal to woke middle class white liberals is white replacement or something? And not just more agonising woke capitalism? Give me a break. Go automate a 'low-skilled' worker out of a job or whatever it is you do. You probably talk for a living.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #631486

cacogen wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:56 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:10 am God you stunted growth 4chantards really do build a monolithic construction of self-victimization to what, make yourself less likely to enjoy things? What a waste of effort.

► Show Spoiler
I'm sorry but this just sounds incredibly childish while you're trying to be condescending. Also, I am not a neoliberal, that is not a very nice thing for you to have said to me. You are the neoliberal, Sticky.

What victimisation? I have to bite. Like adding tedious, grating, transparent identity politics designed to appeal to woke middle class white liberals is white replacement or something? And not just more agonising woke capitalism? Give me a break. Go automate a 'low-skilled' worker out of a job or whatever it is you do. You probably talk for a living.
Keep politics out of my video games
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #631715

Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:12 am Keep politics out of my video games
No, games that heavily feature politics can be great when they're handled properly. Rockstar's games up until RDR2 were like this. Same with Disco Elysium.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #631722

cacogen wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:07 am
Stickymayhem wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:12 am Keep politics out of my video games
No, games that heavily feature politics can be great when they're handled properly. Rockstar's games up until RDR2 were like this. Same with Disco Elysium.
Keep video games out of my politics