It's been almost a WEEK AND NOBODY MADE A THREAD FOR IT

I know it's going to be another DLCfest but fuck that I'm gonna buy it all

PREDICTIONS/HYPE/CONCERNS?
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Re: TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER

Post by Balut » #84910

I'm concerned that it's Total War. Their AI is shit and their latest engine is terrible, as far as I understand.

Do Fantasy orcs waaagh? I didn't hear those orcs waaaghing, what is this.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #84913

tfw no warhammer 40k
cri
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #84922

Vermin tide is also coming out. It kinda looks shitty though .
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #84976

tw: rome 2 was shit so I see no reason to look foward to any more games from them
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #84980

Deathwing here. All other upcoming WAMHAM games are shit.
Space Hulk Terminator game from the guys who made E.Y.E.

[youtube]WGmmXd8r4YQ[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #84994

oranges wrote:tw: rome 2 was shit so I see no reason to look foward to any more games from them
Rome 2 is great now, but I'm probably not buying Attila.

It would be great if this was great but I'm leaning towards pessimism on this one.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #84996

I haven't seen any Lizardbros so I don't care about this. Maybe when the overpriced Lizardbro DLC comes I'll consider purchasing it and never playing it or playing it for 5 minutes before uninstalling.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #84998

An0n3 wrote:Deathwing here. All other upcoming WAMHAM games are shit.
Y'know, maybe I'm a giant pussy, but I am so fucking happy for those guys. They started with what was basically a 40K fangame and now they're making a real 40K game. That's what I call living the dream. Good for them.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #85000

I'm very hyped for this. I like Rome 2, so my opinion might be overrated, but it's going to be great. Fantasy has deserved a game like this for a while, especially since it's based around having blocks of troops instead of being small skirmishes like 40k, so Total War is a great fit.

It's a shame they're mostly doing only the generic factions (Empire, Dwarves, Goblins, Vampire Counts are the exception) and haven't given any reason to think Chaos will be playable and not just a mechanic/big bad, but there's plenty of time for that in the next two Warhammer games that they've promised. I'm excited enough about ridiculous cannons, proper pike and shot mechanics, zombies, magic and flying mounts for this to be fucking awesome. If CA don't screw this up (and hey, they didn't screw up Atilla recently, or Napoleon, or Shogun 2) then it could be one of the best games they've ever done. The format has been dying for some new troops types, and flyers+magicians is just the right way to go.
Fantasy orcs waagh, ride boar cavalry, have squigs, have vast amounts of goblin friends, have shamans, have giants, have wyverns, have huge spiders, they're great. Slightly different but equally green and non-tolkien.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85063

I'm just biased against this stuff because I loathe the wallethammer tabletop slam so much.

If they took the setting and the fluff and turned it into a 4x game in the vein of Dominions or Endless Legend I might pay more attention. The MMO was surprisingly fucking great, for example. Everyone raves about the RTS games. Space Muhreen was short but fun. This Deathwing game looks like its going to be OFF DA RAILZ. Of their efforts to interpret their games into NEW games I think the only one that really sucked shit was Firewarrior.

Like goddamn just gimme a Warhammer Fantasy setting game about being a Witch Hunter that's a cross between The Witcher and Dark Souls and I'd make it rain. Exploring dungeons ala Warhammer Quest, hunting out heresy, fighting the undead, etc. There's a lot of great potential right there.

They have a really weird way of handling franchises transitioning to video games that seems to sometimes forget how much potential the medium has. Why did they have to release three different versions of a 1:1 Space Hulk game before realizing "this would be really fucking great as a first-person shooter"? I think they try too hard to port as much of their strategy games as they can when they could be playing with more alternative stuff. I'm really surprised they haven't tried to get into the MOBA market. Or make a Chivalry/War of the Roses type game set in Warhammer Fantasy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #85065

The problem with total war games is that they are very basic, shallow strategy games. Their selling point is the fact you get that fun battle experience, and there is much fun to be hard when you have a giant death stack of troops charging an enemy in glorious combat. Outside of that, the games are generally easy and very arcadey. Diplomacy options are limited, as is trade and building. Your economy is only an issue at the start of the game, after 50 or so turns you will never have money problems if you are halfway decent.

Then you have the fact the total war game are ALWAYS buggy pieces of crap when they are just released. It takes years for the developers to iron out the issues and make it playable. Even then the AI is usually still a shitty punching bag.

Ill get the game eventually. As total war in a warhammer setting sounds incredibly fun. However i cannot see it being better than Dawn of War.

Also apparently the game is going to be part of a trilogy. Not sure if that means 3 games or "expansions" with more content.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85081

Balut wrote:I'm concerned that it's Total War. Their AI is shit and their latest engine is terrible, as far as I understand.

Indeed they do.

The fact that the game isn't called Total Waaagh: Waaaghammer is a travesty.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #85089

Alex Crimson wrote:
Also apparently the game is going to be part of a trilogy. Not sure if that means 3 games or "expansions" with more content.
Almost certainly stand alone expansions, like Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai for Shogun 2. Different factions and units, same world, and no need to buy the original if you didn't want it.
Balut

Post by Balut » #85115

Like I mean, maybe this is just me being a big whiny bitch or something, but when the trailer gave that shot of the charging orcs I heard nary a lick of waaagh. That totally made me concerned.

Skaven when, also.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #85134

An0n3 wrote:Deathwing here. All other upcoming WAMHAM games are shit.

[youtube]WGmmXd8r4YQ[/youtube]
[youtube]ug_gqH1tzPk[/youtube]

Honestly I'm more waiting for Battlefleet Gothic: Armada. We really need good Wh40k RTS or Imperial Guard first person shooter. I would also want to see Skitarii on move somewhere, since they look SO FUCKING GOOD.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #85494

[youtube]hfORh9cFDU8[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #85535

[youtube]4VXUDlcr0qI[/youtube]

please watch this
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Balut

Post by Balut » #85563

I want a game where the bolters are appropriately gyrojet grenade launchery and not just assault rifles.
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85576

Bolters are fucking stupid as described.
It's a gyrojet cannon that also explodes again on impact.

You pull trigger, bolt shell goes bang and projectile exits barrel.
Second stage propellant goes bang once it's in flight (WHY.JPEG) accelerating BOOLIT again.
BOOLIT explodes shortly after impact on target like a HEAT round.

While this would be really cool visually (three bangs per bullet!) it's a totally retarded concept that would only reduce accuracy unless you're firing fin-stabilized projectiles in some kind of medium (like underwater, or some kind of super-dense gas). I've never seen them actually model the guns right in any game, and it seems like they've just retconned bolter tech to just be "large caliber automatic".
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #85592

Cipher3 wrote:
oranges wrote:tw: rome 2 was shit so I see no reason to look foward to any more games from them
Rome 2 is great now, but I'm probably not buying Attila.
I think it's more me, I've been playing heaps of Ck2 and Eu4 and I just can't enjoy the total war series any more.

I even tried medieval 2 again, a game I put almost 500 hours into and couldn't enjoy it.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #85601

Balut wrote:I want a game where the bolters are appropriately gyrojet grenade launchery and not just assault rifles.
They were essentially grenade launchers in Firewarrior. However Firewarrior was bad for a whole host of reasons.
Kot

Post by Kot » #85684

An0n3 wrote: You pull trigger, bolt shell goes bang and projectile exits barrel.
Second stage propellant goes bang once it's in flight (WHY.JPEG) accelerating BOOLIT again.
BOOLIT explodes shortly after impact on target like a HEAT round.

While this would be really cool visually (three bangs per bullet!) it's a totally retarded concept that would only reduce accuracy unless you're firing fin-stabilized projectiles in some kind of medium (like underwater, or some kind of super-dense gas). I've never seen them actually model the guns right in any game, and it seems like they've just retconned bolter tech to just be "large caliber automatic".
Actully it happens right as it exits the barrel. Each bolt also has what is basically tiny RCS, which is actually why they use the first stage instead of being regular gyrojet, because it apparently could damage the gun.
The fact it explodes shortly after impact (I don't even mention that it's not the only type of ammo they have) is because in Wh40k Orks can easily shrug off tank rounds straight to face. Also they haven't retconned it (fanboys would throw a massive raeg), just all of game developers are apparently way too retarded to make it right or just don't care.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85689

The bolt shells are .75 calibre, thats 3/4 inch or 19mm - not much narrower than WW2 era high explosive shells fired from aircraft cannons.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #85697

its' going to be shit
and jesus are you really arguing about the fucking bolter bullets.

dude there's fucking machine spirits and shit its magic we aint gotta explain shit.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85701

Machine spirits are AIs by another name
Kot

Post by Kot » #85702

Exept they aren't. AI is forbidden, Machine Spirits are esentially what is left of thought in brains they put in cases they use instead of AIs. Just like spacemans AIs.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #85721

My question is, does it have Vampire Counts?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85723

Kot wrote:Actully it happens right as it exits the barrel.
That's exactly how I described it.

I don't know why this pisses me off so much.

This whole concept is so fucking retarded anyway. I could write pages on what a fucking stupid idea this is and how these "enhancements" this person is adding on to a bullet to try to make it smarter and more damaging actually just impede that process. If all of this technology exists they could just be shooting diamond flechettes at eachother packaged in some kind of ferrous sabot out of a railgun. Or some other such insanity.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85761

Diamond is pretty fucking brittle, though.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #85762

An0n3 wrote:
Kot wrote:Actully it happens right as it exits the barrel.
That's exactly how I described it.

I don't know why this pisses me off so much.

This whole concept is so fucking retarded anyway. I could write pages on what a fucking stupid idea this is and how these "enhancements" this person is adding on to a bullet to try to make it smarter and more damaging actually just impede that process. If all of this technology exists they could just be shooting diamond flechettes at eachother packaged in some kind of ferrous sabot out of a railgun. Or some other such insanity.
You sound like... a filthy Tau.

Get out of here foul xeno!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85778

Meh. The needle rifle concept is pretty cool. Really narrow focal length laser that a dart full of nasty toxins rides along inside.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #85779

Why isn't it called TOTAL WARHAMMER?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #85788

callanrockslol wrote:Why isn't it called TOTAL WARHAMMER?
Brand recognition son.

Also stop talking about bolters. Dis be Warhammer fantasy son. Talk about Bolt Throwers or something.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85791

ThanatosRa wrote:My question is, does it have Vampire Counts?
Considering they're mentioned in the trailer, our current lineup of confirmed races includes:
- The Empire
- Orks
- Dwarves
- Vampire Counts
- (Presumably Chaos? Might manifest as some weird mechanics)

And I will personally be waiting very excitedly to hear about Lizardman and Bretonnian DLC
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #85831

Chaos might be a replacement/addition to rebels and province revolts
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #85833

Balut wrote:Do Fantasy orcs waaagh? I didn't hear those orcs waaaghing, what is this.
All Orks believe in the power of WAAAGH!.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Kot

Post by Kot » #85876

An0n3 wrote:Meh. The needle rifle concept is pretty cool. Really narrow focal length laser that a dart full of nasty toxins rides along inside.
Go outside you... you... traitor to humanity. Boltguns are holiest weapons in existence, and are clearly so sophisticated that your tiny mind cannot comperhend.
Don't forget that I have proofs that you are a furry. :V
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #85878

Scones wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote:My question is, does it have Vampire Counts?
Considering they're mentioned in the trailer, our current lineup of confirmed races includes:
- The Empire
- Orks
- Dwarves
- Vampire Counts
- (Presumably Chaos? Might manifest as some weird mechanics)

And I will personally be waiting very excitedly to hear about Lizardman and Bretonnian DLC
Warhammer Vampires are sadly underrepresented. They are by all accounts amoung the most badass and horrific of any sort of vampire I've seen.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #85906

Kot wrote:
An0n3 wrote:Meh. The needle rifle concept is pretty cool. Really narrow focal length laser that a dart full of nasty toxins rides along inside.
Go outside you... you... traitor to humanity. Boltguns are holiest weapons in existence, and are clearly so sophisticated that your tiny mind cannot comperhend.
Space Marines are garbage and the Emperor is a joke.
They're not even humans they're all spooky space jobbers.

If you want to be the hero of humanity you play Imperial Guard.
I'd rather play as my stalwart WW2 heroes than some autist's totally sick notebook doodle warriors.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #85910

Ooooh, now it's on.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kot

Post by Kot » #85928

An0n3 wrote:
Kot wrote:

I'd rather play as my stalwart WW2 heroes than some autist's totally sick notebook doodle warriors.
That's... actually what I'm playing horsehead. Death Korps Of Krieg with extra acidic rain and huge tanks. Also Emperor isin't a joke he's the only "God" around who I would actually want to belive in, even if he doesn't want that.
And my favourite Space Marine chapter is basically dead so.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #85946

Kot wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Kot wrote:

That's... actually what I'm playing horsehead. Death Korps Of Krieg with extra acidic rain and huge tanks. Also Emperor isin't a joke he's the only "God" around who I would actually want to belive in, even if he doesn't want that.
And my favourite Space Marine chapter is basically dead so.
I'm curious about your favourite chapter considering the way the lore works is that half the Chapters are either dead, dying or mary sues.
Soul Drinkers?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #85974

My favourite spess mehreen chapter is a bunch of thieves with too many psykers.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #85984

>not glorious salamanders
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #85995

Do I have to pick a canon chapter as my favourite?
If not, reasonable marines, if so, thousand sons
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #86003

Dark Angels are where its at, every other founding chapter either went "Oh we're good guys" or "Oh we're evil!" in unison
Dark Angels did both at once and good kicked evils ass.

Too bad Liono went into an emo coma after he killed his BFF though...
Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #86004

Thunder11 wrote:Do I have to pick a canon chapter as my favourite?
Thousand sons are my favourite traitor warband.
Probably Space Wolves for my loyalist. (Wolf for the wolf god)
Kot

Post by Kot » #86154

Akkryls wrote: I'm curious about your favourite chapter considering the way the lore works is that half the Chapters are either dead, dying or mary sues.
Soul Drinkers?
Celestial Loins Lions. For standing up against Inquisition and still not becoming edgy edgelords that became deamon lunch like guys above.
(I still secretly hope that they're planning for a giant comeback with Black Templars help and stuff, but GW can't into 40k lore advancement)
EDIT: As for Kayos, proably Sons of Malice.
Thunder11 wrote:Do I have to pick a canon chapter as my favourite?
Raptors are pretty much canon Reasonable Marines as they use camouflage, stealth and stuff.

EDIT2:
Also Celestial Loins Lions got sweet gold-blue colour scheme which makes them swaggiest guys on battlefield, especially if you consider that they got Lion Dreadnoughts and Lion helmets and Lion everything. Like Space Furries but with cats instead of wolves.
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #613964

One sequel later, we're almost to game three somtime next summer or spring. The Cathay information drop comes sometime between this month and the end of October and Beastmen are playable. Also something about Troy Mythic, i don't know, It looks like a lackluster DLC to me.

Small world isn't it?

Spoiler: