Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Talk about video games here
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by Ricotez » #285589

Bottom post of the previous page:

jaxy15 wrote:If you want to see a Reaper
why on Earth
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #285598

Why not? Make the most of your Cyclops, they'll stop being invulnerable tomorrow.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285599

is there a new patch scheduled for tomorrow?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285602

Yes. It's mostly complete if you're on experimental, of course.

Warpers are actually kinda story-important, is to say they attack you for a reason that goes beyond munchies.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285703

well I stranded it

EDIT: I got it free but it looks like it dug away some of the sand it was stranded on, I thought that terraforming was removed in an older update?
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285742

holy shit those Reaper Leviathans come out of nowhere when you're in the Cyclops. That's going to be hell when it is no longer invulnerable.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285840

Sand can still be removed, rock cannot.

Also, yes. Reapers are fun. When the update is out, however, you'll get a sonar.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #285904

I found the Lost Rivers, but I couldn't enter the alien ruins there because they suddenly require a yellow artifact.
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285907

Do ghostrays lay eggs? I am down in the lost river right now too and would like to snatch a couple for my personal aquarium since they look super rad, but I cannot seem to find any.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #285914

They really should not remove the invulerability, that's like the one upside you get considering last time I played the cyclops would SCREAM 15 SMALL SCRATCHES ON THE CYCLOPS HO GOOOOD after you went like 2m underwater, like why in the world would you remove that invulnerability
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #285915

Also seamoth can go to 900m with upgrades but cyclops is 200 M DANGEROUS DEPTH YOU TOUCH ANYTHING WITH THE MASSIVE UNDERWATER SEA DONG AND YOU FLOOD AND DIE
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #285917

So what's the deal with them reapers, are they signifying the end of the map? Because I sure as fuck can't do anything to them, and they seem to appear out of a thin air the moment you pass some border in front and back of Aurora.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285921

Nah they are always there, the game's renderer is just a piece of fucking garbage and only has them pop in at silly times rather than rendering them as soon as you would be able to see them
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285927

You can kill them with a knife.

Best of luck.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285930

You can also kill them with your PUNCH HANDS if you make a prawn suit, but it is risky and pretty difficult. Maybe slap on four hull reinforcement modules before you try. Basically you wait for him to pick you up and then just punch him in the mouth repeatedly
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285931

Wyzack wrote:You can also kill them with your PUNCH HANDS if you make a prawn suit, but it is risky and pretty difficult. Maybe slap on four hull reinforcement modules before you try. Basically you wait for him to pick you up and then just punch him in the mouth repeatedly
tbh that sounds badass as fuck

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285935

I also read an account that says Reapers do more damage as they loose health, and that after four punch outs with a reaper it was able to bring his prawn from 100 to dead in a single bite. I have also read that people have successfully killed them, so either that is a risk you need to take, a new feature, or somebody lied. Four armored plates would probably mitigate this though.

I really think that the destructible cyclops is a huge fucking mistake and will make reaper infested areas literal no-go zones rather than late game areas. How the hell can you do anything in the dunes or mountains when these fuckers swim faster than any of your vehicles and echolocate?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #285939

If it is a problem it will be fixed by May.

That is, June :^)

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #285944

Wyzack wrote:Nah they are always there, the game's renderer is just a piece of fucking garbage and only has them pop in at silly times rather than rendering them as soon as you would be able to see them
I had one pop out of the ground clipping.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #285953

Yup. Welcome to Subnautica, where shit always gets ten times worse before they even consider trying to make it better. I wish they would just fix the fucking bugs before shoehorning more features in
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #285966

Wyzack wrote: I really think that the destructible cyclops is a huge fucking mistake and will make reaper infested areas literal no-go zones rather than late game areas. How the hell can you do anything in the dunes or mountains when these fuckers swim faster than any of your vehicles and echolocate?
The next tier sub probably costs even more and has spikes everywhere or some stupid shit like that
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #285976

I hope it has two bays so I can carry my moth and prawn with me.

Also on my two play throughs I've yet to be attacked by a reaper, seen them many times but i've always managed to avoid them.
And its not like you don't know they're about because the tension music triggers and you can hear them roar.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #285979

Aren't there any important fragments in the vicinity?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #285997

I need to reinstall this

It's too bad I have >gtx 760 because I have a DK2 so I could try the VR, but it likely doesn't run at 75fps with the two eyes meme
Limey wrote:its too late.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286023

Playing this game in VR must be amazing.

I mean, it's a VR game with more than 10 minutes of gameplay!
Spoiler:
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #286141

Silent Running update is here.

Cyclops can be damaged by hostile creatures.

It gets fancy shit too but I mean, game was fun while it lasted, I guess.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #286142

Now I never ever want to enter the dunes/mountains/aurora areas. Fuck reapers.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286155

From what I can see in videos it doesn't look too bad? The Cyclops comes with a decoy launcher now that you can use to distract monsters, and the threat scanner helps you spot baddies in advance so you can toggle on silent running.
Spoiler:
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #286174

People are overreacting. I did some tests with the Reaper by the Aurora. He completely ignored me while I was in Silent Running mode, even when he was bumping into me, and only attacked me after I cancelled it. Seems like they can't actually echolocate.

The Cyclops is also pretty tanky. The Reaper only did about as much damage as colliding into the environment does.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286190

Apparently, when it completely breaks down you have a little amount of time to evacuate it before you'll be crushed to death when it floods. If you get out in time, you can salvage the wreck for parts.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286229

Haevacht wrote:Silent Running update is here.

Cyclops can be damaged by hostile creatures.

It gets fancy shit too but I mean, game was fun while it lasted, I guess.
P U S S Y
U
S
S
Y

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #286237

Gonna start over and forbid myself the use of the console. I end up using cheats of convenience way too often. This time around i am instead going to make a shallows base and horde every single scrap of every single material i can find.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #286344

jaxy15 wrote:People are overreacting. I did some tests with the Reaper by the Aurora. He completely ignored me while I was in Silent Running mode, even when he was bumping into me, and only attacked me after I cancelled it. Seems like they can't actually echolocate.

The Cyclops is also pretty tanky. The Reaper only did about as much damage as colliding into the environment does.
Maybe they can echolocate, but if you're in silent running it doesnt register you as a prey/threat
Just as a floating rock
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286373

There are maps on the Subnautica wiki, they really help with getting a mental picture of what the world actually looks like and where everything is relative to each other.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286477

Ignore the map that also marks the wrecks and reapers unless you're really stuck, because it's kinda unfun and beats the point of exploration. The reaper locations are inaccurate anyway.
Spoiler:
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #286524

I had my seamoth end up 15m underground at one point for no discernable reason.

Leave the console available.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286531

Silent Running mode is pretty amazing, it really does reduce you to a big floating rock as far as anything nearby is concerned. I never expected I'd be sneaking around in the Cyclops of all ships.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286636

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286637

What is this document
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286639

Design document I found on their trello.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #286663

Why did they have to make it so it explodes, why not just keep the mechanic where it floods to the point that it sinks like a rock?

Sounds like a real pain in the arse if you use your cyclops as a mobile base.

Edit: I take it they still haven't add a way to hitch your cyclops to your base for charging it?
Last edited by Malkevin on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286664

How the heck do you craft a decoy? I can't find its recipe in any construction device.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286670

Malkevin wrote:Why did they have to make it so it explodes, why not just keep the mechanic where it floods to the point that it sinks like a rock?

Sounds like a real pain in the arse if you use your cyclops as a mobile base.

Edit: I take it they still haven't add a way to hitch your cyclops to your base for charging it?
Cyclops dock is listed as "maybe after 1.0" on the roadmap.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286679

Or just keep some backup power cells in your base's chargers.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286684

CosmicScientist wrote:Did they remove the charger exploit from the cyclops?
As of now, I think not.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #286728

They've already got power transfer rods, cyclops should just link to that.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286981

I finally found the lava corridor under the Lost Rivers. I had to park the Cyclops nearby because I only had its first pressure upgrade and the lava corridor lies below 900m, and took the Prawn down into the corridor to get some Kyanite. I am very happy I crafted the grappling hook arm before I did so, because otherwise I'm not sure if I'd been able to get back out again.

I really hope the Seamoth will get a Mk.4 pressure upgrade at some point so it can go beyond 900m as well. As cool as the Prawn is, I really miss the mobility that the Seamoth gives you.

Anyway, now I have to figure out how I'm going to get the Cyclops back out again. It was hard enough driving it into these caves.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287012

Ricotez wrote:I finally found the lava corridor under the Lost Rivers. I had to park the Cyclops nearby because I only had its first pressure upgrade and the lava corridor lies below 900m, and took the Prawn down into the corridor to get some Kyanite. I am very happy I crafted the grappling hook arm before I did so, because otherwise I'm not sure if I'd been able to get back out again.

I really hope the Seamoth will get a Mk.4 pressure upgrade at some point so it can go beyond 900m as well. As cool as the Prawn is, I really miss the mobility that the Seamoth gives you.

Anyway, now I have to figure out how I'm going to get the Cyclops back out again. It was hard enough driving it into these caves.
Should have done like me and gotten the upgrades before going down.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #287028

Well I would've had to go back up to build kyanite crystal upgrades for the Prawn anyway.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #287095

it feels like those fucking warpers pop up all over the place now, and I got some distorted messages on my comm console that might be related to that
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #287096

Ricotez wrote:it feels like those fucking warpers pop up all over the place now, and I got some distorted messages on my comm console that might be related to that
>distorted
oh, you mean
Spoiler:
warped?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: