Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Talk about video games here
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Subnautica - HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THAT THING?

Post by DemonFiren » #287096

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ricotez wrote:it feels like those fucking warpers pop up all over the place now, and I got some distorted messages on my comm console that might be related to that
>distorted
oh, you mean
Spoiler:
warped?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #287185

Ricotez wrote:it feels like those fucking warpers pop up all over the place now, and I got some distorted messages on my comm console that might be related to that
Have you scanned yourself recently? There's a reason they're doing that.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #288911

I took my first trip into the inactive lava zone, and boy howdy, it really did feel like I was on hell's precipice. It's bloody impossible to navigate down there. It's almost pitch dark, you have to stay low and in slow running mode because there's a bloody sea dragon leviathan swimming around, and at the same time you can't go too slow because a ton of lava larvae attach themselves to your sub and suck dry your energy supply. And you can't just jump out of your sub everywhere to whack those off because of all the dangerous things swimming around, like the warpers and the bloody sea dragon leviathan.

I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do down there. I know there's supposed to be a thermal powerplant that contains the plans for the ion cell, but I don't have a clue where even to start looking, because it's so fucking dark and hard to navigate. And I can't stay too long because of the damn larvae. I thought I was fully prepared, but I definitely was not. The only thing I can think of right now is to establish a foothold base somewhere in the tunnel leading into the sea dragon leviathan lair. That way I can at least build an observatory and recharge my power cells locally.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #289844

the sea dragon is in the active lava zone, though

and the thermal plant is still in the inactive zone, you have gone too deep

i think one of the precursor bases has coordinates for it

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #289856

DemonFiren wrote:the sea dragon is in the active lava zone, though
There's dragons in the inactive zone, too.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #289858

jaxy15 wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:the sea dragon is in the active lava zone, though
There's dragons in the inactive zone, too.
holy fuck there are
disgusting
they were supposed to be one-of-a-kind pretties

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #290293

Well, turns out I progressed a bit too fast to the inactive lava zone. You're supposed to find a bigger precursor lab in the Lost River first, where you get the location of the power plant.

And yeah, there is a bloody sea dragon leviathan in both the inactive and active lava zones. I ended up parking my Cyclops in the crater that contains the passage into the active lava zone and whacked all the lava larvae off, but then I had to turn around and skedaddle because I am an idiot who forgot I can just use the Prawn as a makeshift thermal reactor to recharge power cells.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #296791

I can't find the entrance into the thermal reactor :(

Also two different sea dragons tried to eat me while I searched for it. Good thing the PRAWN with an armour upgrade can take a beating but it went down to 7% one time before I could withdraw to a safe corner to repair. My poor heart.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #311025

And a new update.
Cyclops capacity doubled, I think they fixed the recharger bug, and apparently now you can run silent at any speed (which reeks of bullshit to me).

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #328389

They added poo.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #328453

I suspect a certain pocket
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #375535

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #375904

It's a survival horror open world exploration game.

What were you expecting?
Shooting fish with a spear gun?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #376047

was 1.0 a big update or something
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #376057

Sticky the forever beta.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #376073

The download didn't look to be big unless that was a small post release patch, anyway the game is meant to be feature complete now though there is a couple of post release free dlcs coming
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #376869

I've begun carrying out Timbrewolf's idea from like a year ago to just put small self-sustaining bases with an aquarium, a biogen and a scanner in various corners of the map. I go out in the Seamoth to scout out nice locations for bases, then when I find one I drive a megafuckton of materials out there in my Cyclops as a mobile base builder. The first one is halfway down the cliff that leads to the Floating Islands:
Spoiler:
I'm not sure where to put the next one. Since this one is up north I'm thinking somewhere down south maybe? If I put it near the Sea Treader Path I can actually use their poop to power the biogen.

Speaking of Timbrewolf, has anyone seen him lately? Dude just doesn't seem to post here anymore.
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #377052

Because he doesn't

You can nag him on discord if you really want to, goes under the same handle
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #378489

So I've been playing Subnautica in VR since it released.

Tonight I went to the mountain to watch the Sunbeam blow up, after that I explored the caves and reached a high up chamber.
I couldn't be arsed walking all the way back so I saw a cliff face and thought I'd just dive off it, which I did.

What I hadn't taken into account was that this was a dive off in the east side of the island. I land in inky black water and knew instantly I'd fucked up.
Quickly looked down and there it fucking was - a gigantic bastard reaper milling about in the abyss.

Shit an absolute brick when I'm look for a way away and realise there's a reaper in front of me and a shear cliff face behind me. Luckily there was a beach not too far away so I swam like fuck away from it. Had to take a break after that.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #378490

You have some spoilers, not that it matters.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #378587

I did that too the first time I went to the island and I too regret it.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #378590

Somehow Reapers never managed to scare me.

Except that one time when one of those assholes passed right underneath my Cyclops. Thank fuck for silent running.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #378653

Yeah, I've seen plenty of reapers up close and they never scared me... until I played in VR and realised they're as big as a bus.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #378659

Damn, suddenly it feels good to be poor.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #400962

Just picked this up and holy fuck is it fun, I can’t get enough of it, the music, gameplay loop, graphics and story are all excellent and the fact that they seamlessly blended horror elements into a survival/crafting game is great
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #400978

My computer is a literal potato and it manages to run it without being unbearable. Wish I could have the graphics higher but I'm pretty sure that would make my computer a jacket potato

Also I have a legitimate fear of the ocean and it still manages to get me nervous sometimes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #400996

stupid rabbit
not running the game on a literal carrot instead

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #401093

I recently built a new computer and this game was one of the first I tried on it.

Shit looks nice at maxed out graphics, but if you have a big base even the 1080 Ti starts to struggle with keeping the framerate consistent.
Spoiler: