Fallout 4 - It's Happening

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Fallout 4 - It's Happening

Post by Timbrewolf » #96975

Bottom post of the previous page:

Brotherhood of Steel is stupid shit. Both as a Fallout game and as a game in general. My younger brother had bought it when it came out and we played it together. It sucked.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97061

BoS does not deserve to be called a Fallout game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #97070

The only Fallout that got all the elements right was Fallout 1. All other games fucked something up.
An0n3 wrote:>make a quick buck on the hype

It's a fucking free download you sperg.
are you familiar with the concept of "microtransactions"?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97121

Wait what is your deal with Fallout 2?

I love Fallout 1 but once you play it once you kinda know where everything is, and it is possible to beat it very quickly
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97128

Fallout 2 was a wacky theme park filled with (now dated) heavy handed pop culture references. It ruined any semblance of atmosphere it might have had otherwise inherited from FO1. It introduced one of the most retarded groups in all Fallouts (tribals). It stomped over everything Fallout 1 represented and had zero of the original game's choices, consequences, or coherence of the plot. I could really talk all day about FO2's shortcomings.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97132

How are tribals really that retarded? It is not that far fetched that isolated humans with limited access to technology would devolve into tribalism.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #97149

A lot of the atmosphere change from Fallout 2 though is because the central theme to the series is humanity gradually rebuilding itself. If you wanted it to stay a desolate warzone wasteland play Fallout 3
Spoiler:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #97166

The only pop culture references I know of are in the super rare map encounters, the star trek shuttle, bridge of death and quest for the holy hand grenade
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97171

mosquitoman wrote:The only Fallout that got all the elements right was Fallout 1. All other games fucked something up.
An0n3 wrote:>make a quick buck on the hype

It's a fucking free download you sperg.
are you familiar with the concept of "microtransactions"?
The game itself is C O M P L E T E L Y F R E E

F R E E
R $ $ E
E $ $ R
E E R F

You can spend money to get packs of cards full of items to use in your vault but that's it. It's not like farmville where you need to buy more energy to keep playing.

You should play the game before you complain about it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97181

Maccus wrote:A lot of the atmosphere change from Fallout 2 though is because the central theme to the series is humanity gradually rebuilding itself. If you wanted it to stay a desolate warzone wasteland play Fallout 3
Fallout 3 is even a worse atrocity mainly because Todd is a retard who thinks that things like Megaton, Little Lamplight and Liberty Prime are 'AWSUM1!!!11!'. It's a game that shits in the face of what used to be its target demographic and tramples everything that made its universe unique.

Fallout 2 on the other hand has ill-fitting things like kung fu city or a 1920s gangster city. It's like a couple of schizophrenic patients of a mental asylum each designed a location but were never told it's going to be in a post-apocalyptic roleplaying game but Avellone decided to put them all in the game anyway.
Wyzack wrote:The only pop culture references I know of are in the super rare map encounters, the star trek shuttle, bridge of death and quest for the holy hand grenade
There's the guy who only speaks in Dan Quayle quotes. There are "Tragic the Gathering" cards. There's a guy reenacting an Austin Powers scene. There are NPCs named like developers everywhere. There are NPCs breaking the fourth wall in the worst immersion-ruining ways everywhere. There's a quest mirroring the storyline from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. There are Monty Python references everywhere. This is just off the top of my head. I know that a lot of people pretend to like Fallout 2 to gain hipster cred because it's an old RPG, but seriously, it's not even in the same league as FO1. It's quite simply banal, shit, and boring.
An0n3 wrote: The game itself is C O M P L E T E L Y F R E E

F R E E
R $ $ E
E $ $ R
E E R F

You can spend money to get packs of cards full of items to use in your vault but that's it. It's not like farmville where you need to buy more energy to keep playing.

You should play the game before you complain about it.
Oh yeah and I'm sure they made it because they love the fans and not because they want to cash in on the hype while it lasts. Do you really think people who download this crap don't buy those cards, crystals, coins or whatever useless shit they offer in-game? It's like you've never seen a "free2play" game in your life.

The main game (FO4) was in Steam's top sellers list for several days with a single video that did not reveal anything tangible, one screenshot, and nothing else. They know people are willing to literally pay for nothing and they exploit that however they can.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97186

if you?? dont??? want to pay??? for the game?

you dont pay for the game?????

is it really that hard?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97191

And everyone pays anyway. It's a classic PR scheme and you're falling for it hook, line, and sinker. You don't have to pay, you just have to wait 60 hours before you can build another building, or are immensely crippled compared to players who buy coins/crystals/whatever, or can only pick one character out of 60, or have to grind for 20 hours for an item you can buy for $5. It's always the same in those games. They know people like you will buy it wholesale and will feel like they made the decision to buy virtual items themselves, while in reality they were manipulated so skillfully they don't even realize it.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97193

But none of that applies to this game because the only thing you can buy is a gamble for some extra items?

I don't know if you know, but making games is not free and hosting any kind of game server is not free either. Of course Bethesda is going to want to get the investment back, and frankly I cannot complain about the way they chose to do it. Everything you get by paying you can also get by just playing the game, it's literally just a random drop that you can buy.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97195

Making games is not free, and yet this is a forum where we discuss a game that was made entirely for free.

Making games is not free so it's okay to milk and ruin a decent franchise by sucking the life out of it until it's a withered, dry corpse. Just like mobile version of Dungeon Keeper was cool because it was not free to make it so it gets licence to be utter manipulative shit riddled with microtransactions for every single thing you can do. Admittedly, the Fallout iphone game could probably be much worse, but then again it's only a matter of time until they decide the trademark is getting unpopular and it's time to churn out as many slam dunk games as possible in a short period of time to cash in while they still can. Just look at almost any WH40k game after Dawn of War. The market has been flooded with tablet app store cancer with WH40k logo slapped on it.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97199

Have you even played fallout shelter dude?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97201

mosquitoman wrote:Making games is not free, and yet this is a forum where we discuss a game that was made entirely for free.
It wasn't made for free, it's just that nobody charged you for it.

People made sacrifices to spend time on it. People worked other jobs to pay their rent and bills so they could keep spending time on it.

Hosting for neither the game or these forums are free either. Again, it's just that nobody is charging you for it.

Cool sense of entitlement though. I rate it 9 trust-funds out of 10.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97203

Almost all 'free2play' games are thinly veiled get-rich-quick schemes, even more so on android/iphone market. They use every possible method of manipulating you into spending as much money as you humanly can. Skinner box turned into a video "game". I never could understand why people are so quick to defend companies who run scams designed to rob them. I guess I underestimate the effect of competently executed psy ops because they rarely have any effect on me.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97205

There are games like that, sure.

You really should try playing Fallout Shelter before you assume it's one of those games though.

It's C O M P L E T E L Y F R E E you have no reason not to at least try it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97222

You can't even buy the in game currency
The only thing you can buy is lunch boxes which is literally only if you have a card gambing addiction
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #97281

mosquitoman wrote:I HATE EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING OTHER THAN FALLOUT 1 RUINED FALLOUT FOREVER, GIVING THINGS AWAY FOR FREE IS A SCAM WAAAAAAAH PEOPLE PREORDERING WAAAAAAH
:salt: :salt: :salt:
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
mosquitoman

Post by mosquitoman » #97283

Drynwyn wrote:
mosquitoman wrote:I HATE EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING OTHER THAN FALLOUT 1 RUINED FALLOUT FOREVER, GIVING THINGS AWAY FOR FREE IS A SCAM WAAAAAAAH PEOPLE PREORDERING WAAAAAAH
:salt: :salt: :salt:
Thanks for this extensive argument bro. I explained what I don't like about Fallout 2&3, as well as the iphone game. I don't see anyone trying to address that. It's just memes as far as the eye can see instead.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97290

Well, your explanation sucks, at least concerning Fallout Shelter.

That is to say, you were most likely misinformed.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97306

Your opinions suck and nobody cares. Done.

Can we move on now?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #97308

I still can respect your opinion and that you don't like it, but you don't need to be a colossal cunt to everyone else and bait them to react poorly back just so you can have the high ground while getting that point across.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97309

Quick I need an american friend who will let me use their address so I can pre-order a pip boy with fallout 4 ;__;
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #97311

An0n3 wrote:Your opinions suck and nobody cares. Done.

Can we move on now?
MOVING ON
I am 100% on board this hypetrain. The weapon and armor crafting appears to be everything the repair and science skills should have been but weren't.

The big thing that bothered me in previous fallout games was skills that were binary pass/fail- Speech was the biggest offender, but Science and Lockpicking also verged on this due to the relative ease of the minigames associated with them (though the hacking mini-game was needlessly time-consuming and often quite boring.) I'm hoping they addressed that here.

(yes for the record I did actually like the Oblivion conversation pie)
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97317

tedward1337 wrote:Quick I need an american friend who will let me use their address so I can pre-order a pip boy with fallout 4 ;__;
Is it outlawed in Canada or something?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #97319

well the USA did annex Canada in Fallout
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97322

An0n3 wrote:
tedward1337 wrote:Quick I need an american friend who will let me use their address so I can pre-order a pip boy with fallout 4 ;__;
Is it outlawed in Canada or something?
Amazon doesnt have it listed on amazon.ca ;__;
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #97327

I'm kinda torn. I want the collector's edition because it's Fallout. I have the giant Fallout New Vegas collector's edition with all the bullshit in it for the same reason.

I'd never use the pip boy though. Anyone wearing it in public deserves to be shot, and at home while playing the game I don't imagine it'll actually make things any easier.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #97350

Jokes on you I'll be wearing my pip boy to the club to get all the single ladies, nerd
Also my name is John and you're all faggots
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Amnestik
Byond Username: Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #97372

Got the regular edition from GMG for 45 USD. I'll be kicking myself if (when) the pre-order comes out somewhere else for cheaper.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #97398

Aaaand I'll still be waiting for next year when all the DLCs are out and it's on sale.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #98082

chump
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #98111

An0n3 wrote:Try Jagged Alliance 2 or something to train yourself up.
Fuck yes that game is the shit.

On Fallout news my hype is dead, its basically an FPS/TPS with a few RPG elements strapped on top. May as well play Mass Effect.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #98145

callanrockslol wrote:On Fallout news my hype is dead, its basically an FPS/TPS with a few RPG elements strapped on top. May as well play Mass Effect.
What makes you think that?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #98155

He is right though. It is an fps with rpg elements rather than the rpg it used to be. Did not stop me from loving new Vegas though
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #98161

Wyzack wrote:He is right though. It is an fps with rpg elements rather than the rpg it used to be. Did not stop me from loving new Vegas though
I think he's referring to the unconfirmed removal of skills in FO4. From what I've seen though, Bethesda have yet to confirm it. Then there are those screencaps from the E3 video of the bobblehead stand that has enough slots for the 13 skills from 3 and NV, as well as the Barter bobblehead item in the item list.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #98206

Amnestik wrote:
Wyzack wrote:He is right though. It is an fps with rpg elements rather than the rpg it used to be. Did not stop me from loving new Vegas though
I think he's referring to the unconfirmed removal of skills in FO4. From what I've seen though, Bethesda have yet to confirm it. Then there are those screencaps from the E3 video of the bobblehead stand that has enough slots for the 13 skills from 3 and NV, as well as the Barter bobblehead item in the item list.
There's also the dialogue, Todd Howard going on about how they sacrificed storytelling by letting the player do what they want also didn't help.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #98219

Fuck storytelling I want to make guns and sell them and become richest man in Boston and then build a giant phallus tower and snipe everyone from it with my nuke shotgun and do porn mods. Also the skills are still here, stop telling lies around like EA secret agents. (TBH, I actually think that this FPSabitRPG thing works better with Fallout than top down tactical stratedgy RPGame, but that's an unpopular opinion :I )
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #98682

Kot wrote: (TBH, I actually think that this FPSabitRPG thing works better with Fallout than top down tactical stratedgy RPGame, but that's an unpopular opinion :I )
it's okay, i like OBLIVION WITH GUNS more than oblivion itself, so you're not the most unpopular person here
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #98695

I honestly don't care.

Like I said. Fallout has been a lot of random fucking games over the years. It was an isometric CRPG. It was a tactical squad combat simulator. It was a Gauntlet-style hack and slash game. It's a first-person shooter now. There's a base-building game on the Apple Store.

I don't fucking care. Whatever they change it into, it usually ends up being pretty decent (aside from Brotherhood of Steel, anyway). Some games are better than others, but they're very rarely total dogshit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #99822

Hopefully they step up the writing a bit more and make people not as bland to interact with. New Vegas and Fallout 3 are both so shit dialogue wise. That being said, I don't care much for the dialogue, but it would be nice to have a little spice in the talking parts.

Would be nice if companions weren't shit especially.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #99824

Companions are always shit, unless they're literally BoonED-E and don't ruin your sneaking.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Amnestik

Post by Amnestik » #99971

Skorvold wrote:Hopefully they step up the writing a bit more and make people not as bland to interact with.
It's Bethesda, so they won't.

The dialogue in the E3 presentation is pretty bland and/or cringeworthy.

I'm always taken out of the Elder Scrolls games and to a lesser extent the Fallout ones by how artificial and lifeless the world feels. By that I mean the bad AI, the terrible animations, the poorly written copy-pasted dialogue and the bad voice acting.

They have so much money, how hard is it to get good?
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Re:

Post by Tornadium » #99976

Amnestik wrote:
Skorvold wrote:Hopefully they step up the writing a bit more and make people not as bland to interact with.
It's Bethesda, so they won't.

The dialogue in the E3 presentation is pretty bland and/or cringeworthy.

I'm always taken out of the Elder Scrolls games and to a lesser extent the Fallout ones by how artificial and lifeless the world feels. By that I mean the bad AI, the terrible animations, the poorly written copy-pasted dialogue and the bad voice acting.

They have so much money, how hard is it to get good?
Come on the writing in Bethesda games MOST of the time is okay, by no means stellar but it's not even close to how badly it's portrayed. I agree on the animations and lack of voice actors though.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100000

The stories are interesting and well-written, the dialogues not so much.

Also the voice acting is almost always awful, but generally Fallout has better voice acting than TES. Maybe voice actors just have more fun when they don't have to talk like they're in Lord of the Rings.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #100008

Got to say, the books in TES are awesome.

But, the dialogue will result in memes time and time again. Stop right there, arrow in the knee.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #100027

the arrow in the knee meme got physically painful after a while

there was one joke we really did not kneed
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #100350

Ricotez wrote:the arrow in the knee meme got physically painful after a while

there was one joke we really did not kneed
I read somewhere that an arrow to the knee was old Nordic slang for getting married. I'm not sure how true it is, but if it is... it changes everything! Kinda.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #100394

It actually is.... Surgery for those times means getting an arrow in that part really cripples your chance to move around so begin a guard would make sense if you have a family