Batman: Shylock Knight

Talk about video games here
Malkevin

Batman: Shylock Knight

Post by Malkevin » #96262

Wow WB/Rocksteady, you want me to buy the game twice??
Talk about getting your pound of flesh!

I mean seriously, they're expecting people to pay almost as much now as a full game for DLC they'll get over 6 months.
And there's no guarantee that the DLC will be any good, considering RS's track record with Arkham Origins and Shadow of Mordor, even Bab's running around with her bap's out isn't worth £30.

As much as I love the Batman and SoM games I'm really hoping it ends up being the most pirated game in video game history, out of protest for publishers attempting to Maximum Jew their customers
Last edited by Malkevin on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Re: Batman: Shylock Knight

Post by Maccus » #96270

it's joker
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #96301

Batman games have gone the way of Assassin's Creed games. Too many too quickly.

They're also easy as fuck collect-fests. I do like the whole metroid style thing they have going on where unlocking new gadgets gets you into new areas and lets you retread over old areas to bust open new passages...

...but aren't I fucking Batman? Shouldn't my utility belt have all this shit in it at the very beginning? It always seemed really odd that the superhero most known for having an arsenal of deus-ex-machina gadgets and being absolutely bar-none the most prepared guy on the planet for any situation has to collect his gadgets so he can backtrack and unlock things.

This is the man who wears a disguise underneath his disguise just in case anyone ever pulls his mask off. If my super door-hacking gizmo breaks when I first arrive, he ought to have a second and third backup hidden in his boot or stuck up his ass somewhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #96428

Malkevin wrote:Wow WB/Rocksteady, you want me to buy the game twice??
Talk about getting your pound of flesh!

I mean seriously, they're expecting people to pay almost as much now as a full game for DLC they'll get over 6 months.
And there's no guarantee that the DLC will be any good, considering RS's track record with Arkham Origins and Shadow of Mordor, even Bab's running around with her bap's out isn't worth £30.

As much as I love the Batman and SoM games I'm really hoping it ends up being the most pirated game in video game history, out of protest for publishers attempting to Maximum Jew their customers

Rocksteady had nothing to do with Arkham: Origins or Shadow of Mordor though?
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #96444

In a way I think this is better than the development cycle of

SHIT OUT A SEQUEL EVERY SIX MONTHS GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

In a better market $60 for a game and then $40 more for a sequels worth of DLC would be fine.
In our market it's more like $60 for a game and then $40 for new player models, some challenge maps, maybe tacking on an extra area or two, and a new gadget.

I pray to my dark gods of 90's PC gaming that some day people will remember the idea of "Expansion Packs" where you would get damned near a sequel to the game you already had but at half the price you paid for the initial release.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #96513

Okay, my rage has subsided.

Managed to pick up the Premium edition for only £21 from http://www.gamers-outlet.net/, thats £15 cheaper than the standard edition or £40 cheaper than the premium if I'd bought it direct through Steam!