non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Paradox Grand Strat meets Sci-Fi 4X; Boners Explode

Post by Ricotez » #175106

DemonFiren wrote:>poly
>patriarchial
My dear friend, do you not know Poly is a girl?
he obviously misspelled parrotriarchial
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175107

I'm just gonna roll patriarchal Polys I asked the wise sages of OOC and no one agreed the sacred parrot was a grill.
Ricotez wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:>poly
>patriarchial
My dear friend, do you not know Poly is a girl?
he obviously misspelled parrotriarchial
Wait actually that's better.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #175113

>launch stream is still going
>cant download stellaris because steam hasnt unlocked it
siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #175117

The game won't be out for about five hours.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #175125

And my check hasn't cleared. Lovely.

Whelp hopefully this won't be a one off game. Mind if I design a race to drop in with?
Last edited by dezzmont on Mon May 09, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175126

Do it anon has literally offered to do that.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #175127

Spoiler:
{"currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_materialist\":\"fanatic_materialist\",\"xenophile\":\"xenophile\"}","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","currentGovernment":"science_directorate","currentPlanet":"TUNDRA","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","empire":"The Xenhurst Society","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"nomadic\",\"natural_engineers\",\"natural_sociologists\"]","homeworld":"Xarvos","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thu ... ctedTraits":"[\"intelligent\",\"sedentary\",\"natural_physicists\"]","speciesHistory":"The Ayy Lmaos decided that working together would benefit them far more than fighting so they did... What're you gonna do about it big guy???","speciesName":"Dezzmont","star":"Xenhurst","traitPoints":"0"}
Boom. We enjoy what will clearly be a peaceful cooperative galaxy.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175143

Do we have to give Anon our race data right now? Can't we just join the game with a race when it starts up? Because I still haven't finished my decision, wanted to wait until the game is out so I can mess around in the actual race editor itself.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #175145

If you aren't going to be there to join as soon as the game starts you can send me your race data and I will seed it into the galaxy as one of the AI's.

That way you can latejoin and the odds that your species will still be hanging around somewhere should be decent. Fingers crossed.
Even if you don't want to play in the game adding a race you made to the pool might be interesting.
Maybe they'll end up causing something fun to happen. Maybe something FUN to happen. Maybe someone will just put them in the galactic garbage can.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175152

Well I already posted my race info above, who knows maybe I'll get in later. At least I can read about how my guys got conquered easily.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #175162

I likewise threw mine in. Figured we will see how good a peaceful science rush is.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175165

Well I've been slowly converting all the races I made for Spore years ago into Stellaris empires, because that was the only time I actually seriously thought about this kinda stuff. I'lll post them in here when I'm done.
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #175168

Well alright no work today for me. So now I just need this game to RELEASE!!!!

Made a race that seems kinda Dark Elvish but whatever. I just threw in what I wanted.
Spoiler:
{"currentPlanet":"TROPICAL","selectedTraits":"[\"decadent\",\"slow_breeders\",\"venerable\"]","speciesName":"Neetarians","star":"Big Hot Ball","traitPoints":"0","currentGovernment":"science_directorate","currentWeapon":"Energy Weapons","currentFTL":"Wormhole Travel","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"rapid_breeders\",\"enduring\"]","currentEthos":"{\"materialist\":\"materialist\",\"xenophobe\":\"xenophobe\",\"militarist\":\"militarist\"}","homeworld":"Neetaria"}
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #175181

WEll. Guess i'm stuck from downloading until I get home from work tonight. Any idea how big it is?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175215

About 4gb.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #175219

It's available for download. About 1.6 Gigabigs.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #175220

Anyone planning to stream this game?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175226

If a couple people wanted to watch I could set something up.

I'm going to have a weird hiccup where I need to run an errand at 5:00pm-ish but I'll probably just leave everything running so you guys can backstab my empire while I'm AFK.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #175237

I can't make it, start time is too late for me.

Maybe the saturday game.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175248

Uuuuuurrrrgh why couldn't they just allow preloads fuuuuuck.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #175250

It's only a gig.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #175251

Yeah. It's not like most games these days that are about 25GB at least. Saying that though, if I was still on my old 'net, it would've taken about 15 hours to download instead of 15 minutes or whatever.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #175256

Code: Select all

{"currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_individualist\":\"fanatic_individualist\",\"pacifist\":\"pacifist\"}","currentFTL":"Wormhole Travel","currentGovernment":"moral_democracy","currentPlanet":"TROPICAL","currentWeapon":"Energy Weapons","empire":"The Funny Federation","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"strong\",\"very_strong\",\"adaptive\",\"extremely_adaptive\"]","homeworld":"Clown Planet","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/9/9d/Fungoid_massive_13.png/74px-Fungoid_massive_13.png","selectedTraits":"[\"weak\",\"nonadaptive\",\"thrifty\",\"industrious\"]","speciesName":"Slippericus Clownicus","star":"Honk Mother","traitPoints":"0"}
edit: are any of you nerds gonna be streaming/recording? I probably won't "own" the game for a while but I'm not doing anything today and kinda bored.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175258

maybe ill just make a race of space cowboys called the Creeds and name my star High Noon
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #175259

Ricotez wrote:maybe ill just make a race of space cowboys called the Creeds and name my star High Noon

{"currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_militarist\":\"fanatic_militarist\",\"individualist\":\"individualist\"}","currentFTL":"Warp Travel","currentGovernment":"military_republic","currentPlanet":"DESERT","currentWeapon":"Projectile Weapons","empire":"High Noon","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"adaptive\",\"extremely_adaptive\",\"communal\",\"strong\",\"weak\"]","homeworld":"High Noon","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/6/6e/Human.png/89px-Human.png","selectedTraits":"[\"nonadaptive\",\"solitary\",\"very_strong\"]","speciesName":"McCree","star":"High Noon","traitPoints":"0"}
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175265

Don't forget to download the Blorg!

Don't download the blorg it may be causing version conflicts.

[hotlinking to them is busted whoops]

Also: if you're submitting a race to show up in the multiplayer game, please also include a portrait so I know what race/face you want.

For guest empires so far we have
Steelpoint, Grazyn, Colonic, and Wiznard

Looking through to see if I missed anyone, let me know if I did.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #175270

Here is mine.
Spoiler:

{"currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_materialist\":\"fanatic_materialist\",\"xenophile\":\"xenophile\"}","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","currentGovernment":"science_directorate","currentPlanet":"TUNDRA","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","empire":"The Xenhurst Society","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"nomadic\",\"natural_engineers\",\"natural_sociologists\"]","homeworld":"Xarvos","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/2/21/Mammalian_slender_01.png/100px-Mammalian_slender_01.png","selectedTraits":"[\"intelligent\",\"sedentary\",\"natural_physicists\"]","speciesHistory":"The Ayy Lmaos decided that working together would benefit them far more than fighting so they did... What're you gonna do about it big guy???","speciesName":"Dezzmont","star":"Xenhurst","traitPoints":"0"}
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #175273

Any humanoid face will do as long as it isn't an outright furry
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175274

dezzmont wrote:Here is mine.
Spoiler:

{"currentEthos":"{\"fanatic_materialist\":\"fanatic_materialist\",\"xenophile\":\"xenophile\"}","currentFTL":"Hyperspace Travel","currentGovernment":"science_directorate","currentPlanet":"TUNDRA","currentWeapon":"Missile Weapons","empire":"The Xenhurst Society","ethosPoints":"0","excludedTraits":"[\"nomadic\",\"natural_engineers\",\"natural_sociologists\"]","homeworld":"Xarvos","portrait":"http://www.stellariswiki.com/images/thumb/2/21/Mammalian_slender_01.png/100px-Mammalian_slender_01.png","selectedTraits":"[\"intelligent\",\"sedentary\",\"natural_physicists\"]","speciesHistory":"The Ayy Lmaos decided that working together would benefit them far more than fighting so they did... What're you gonna do about it big guy???","speciesName":"Dezzmont","star":"Xenhurst","traitPoints":"0"}

Sorry missed that somehow. Added.

Okely dokely. GET IN THE TS DAMMIT!

(109.169.56.53:11247)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #175279

alright no need to add the race I can ready up
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #175280

I'm probably going to, if able, make a human offshoot I call Homo Sapiens Diaspora. Or just The Diaspora. Loosely based on a universe I hope to write in some day.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #175282

I'll probably be on around 6:30 after I get home
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #175299

as an antagonist race https://kaisersly.github.io/stellaris_r ... =7,8,23,24
prepare your ass
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #175316

Is everything just trying to get in my fucking way? Now I'm being begged to bring home benedryl on the way home, which could either be easy, or exceedingly difficult depending on a few factors.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #175320

i'm having a good time enslaving rescuing the poor denizens of the galaxy from their own independence incompetence.

let it never be said that i am without mercy. they are better off under my iron-fisted benevolent rule.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175334

Ayy just impulse bought this game having no idea how to play. This should be good
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #175343

shoulda picked a different ftl type for this empire. Hyperspace is quick, but a rival empire is cockblocking an entire region by holding a choke point. And they're asshole zealots.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #175362

The Solok Republic is vanquished. It took roughly 6k furries to knock down their doors and kill them. Sadly, The Word Of The Bird has been split in two.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175363

I warned you about those furries.

Meanwhile after 37 years of brutal sieges on my homeworld and other core planets K64 came to my rescue and kicked the shit out of my attacker.
The losses are innumerable. When I try to think about how many million penguins have gone into the grinder over the course of the war it's pretty fucking ridiculous.

37 years, multiple fleets and standing armies lost on both sides. I gathered so much scrap from my opponent my scientists eventually just reverse engineered their entire ship schematic and I started flying a slightly altered doppleganger ship in an effort to stay even with him. War is hell, man, holy shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #175364

>only 6k

Fucking furfags.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175365

Parrots stand proud, sadly without their Sokol friends. I had just started deployment of my macaw cruiser line my heavy armour torpedo boat doctrine seemed to be holding strong. I was about to test it once more in a strike on the galactic league with a 3k fleet. The AI is annoying in some respects it has no understanding of sectors and deletes them FNR flooding your core worlds and will do retarded shit like withdraw the embassy that stops the local xenophobic isolationists purging you.

AIs are all butt buddies and the drat furries were fucking terrifying having the biggest coalition of all.
OH MY GOD THE IGN SHILLS GAVE IT A 6.3!

I'm DYING!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #175368

"The problem is that alliances are built for war, and the diplomatic conception of war in Stellaris doesn’t work well at all. Essentially, the issue is that the goals you set before a war are too big: things like capturing or freeing an enemy colony or vassalizing an enemy empire. There are no options for something smaller-scale, like shifting a border star system into your sphere of influence in order to get that tundra planet for colonization. It all feels all-or-nothing. "

You..you could just pick smaller war goals. Don't go right for vassalization. Pick a single border world, if they have one.
if all you want to do is have a war over empty border system, smash their frontier outposts and shit then plunk your own down. Delcare a white peace afterwards.

I think this guy maybe plays too much RTS and the concept of playing and winning a game without a war at all doesn't make sense to him.
He complains during his review about the AI never wanting to fight him when he got all big and stronk.

Like goddamn we've been waiting for Cuba to try to invade us back for the last 60 years here in America what the fuck Cuba's AI is bugged.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #175369

Let me know over steam when there's going to be a fresh new round so I can send you my factions data, my Spess Mareens are stonk and ready for deep strikes.

Also how does one send another person their custom faction data and edit the factions bio?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175375

>taking IGN reviews seriously

also I hope that after I left the AI did not fuck up my dreams of conquest
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #175380

Sorry I had to leave. It was a fun game and I learned alot. Next time don't enslave, vasilize!
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #175386

Ricotez wrote:>taking IGN reviews seriously
I was making fun of it. Were you bird is the word? They were cut like the Gordian knot last I checked
starmute wrote:Sorry I had to leave. It was a fun game and I learned alot. Next time don't enslave, vasilize!
Why do either? If you are willing to drop a governor and make some compromise where possible oh and have ample energy and influence these silly factions can just be cowed unless they are like your bizzaro opposite that hates all your ethos n stuff. Especially in the case of primitives a bit of tinkering and there best buds forever I can fill out a new colony type!
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175390

I was Medbay, empire of the proud xeno loving Runtimes
Spoiler:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #175402

Make sure the Soviet republic of Canada gets gen'd in the new world if we start again!
Game Admin
Spoiler:
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #175406

Ricotez wrote:I was Medbay, empire of the proud xeno loving Runtimes
Your faction's still about. Although Medbay Maintenance has broken off as their own independent nation now.

I'm surprised at how not-terrible I'm doing, considering it's pretty much the first game of its type I've played. Making the AI your vassal is insanely powerful though, since when you declare war, everyone who is your vassal blobs their fleet into your most powerful one. So while I only had about 1k fleet strength, due to having half the galaxy's sentients under my rule, it became like 5k at least.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #175407

K-64 wrote:Although Medbay Maintenance has broken off as their own independent nation now.
God damn greyshirts in my maintenance tunnels.
Spoiler: