Paradox Grand Strat meets Sci-Fi 4X; Boners Explode

Talk about video games here
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Paradox Grand Strat meets Sci-Fi 4X; Boners Explode

Post by Zilenan91 » #189909

Bottom post of the previous page:

Independent trade and mining companies springing up would be fucking amazing. For individualists especially it would be pretty cool, you could sponsor companies or they could independently go set up shop on Barren Planets and mine the shit out of them and you'd get events about what they've been up to, how their colony is going, how many days since last accident, earthquakes from deep core mining, that sort of thing while they give you a good chunk of minerals and energy credits.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #189996

1000 get
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190542

Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #190577

More importantly, Asimov was fully released today.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190578

So from what I'm getting with it in regards to slaves, they made fanatic collectivists completely pointless due to not having 100% slave tolerance in comparison to regular collectivists and fanatic collectivist slaves still revolt period. So I guess they removed slavery from the game.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190579

They also didn't nerf materialist so currently it seems the brainless build is fanatic materialist collectivist to not only build very fast into the midgame with tons of minerals but also to have retarded research after that.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190586

Sorry for the triple post but something that perplexes me is that the changelog says it removed the slavery tolerance on despotic and star empires even though they never had slave tolerance in the first place...

It also says it adds a building cost reduction that was already there in the first place. I think a good portion of the changelog is fucked up and incorrect because there's a few fishy things in here.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #190592

It's probably down to how they put the changelog together in the first place.

I bet they build the changelog as they develop the patch. Or they pull them from the submissions people have made. They may have removed those characteristics during development but decided to add it back in.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #190594

The same entry was in the beta too
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #190595

Doesn't mean their internal builds are the same as the ones we get.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes we don't get to see
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #190641

Changes that either weren't mentioned in the beta's changelog, or were added for the full release.
Features

Core Planets is now Core Systems instead. This means you can colonize multiple planets in the same system without it affecting the soft cap.
Pops receive a -10% happiness penalty while the empire is in an offensive war
Added Regulated Xeno Slavery policy option
Only Collectivists can now enslave their own species

New - Traits

Added Fleeting trait that reduces leader lifespan by -15
Added Deviants trait that increases ethic divergence by +15%

Balance

All Pops now have a base War Happiness of -10%
Emergency FTL cooldown increased from 12 to 30 days
Xenophilia effect on happiness reduced by 75
Frontier Outpost mineral cost increased from 100 to 200
Frontier Outpost maintenance cost increased from 2 to 3
Collectivist Slavery Tolerance increased from +50% to +100% (Changed from Slavery Tolerance reduced from +50% to +33%)
Xenophobe Alien Slavery Tolerance increased from +50% to +100% (Changed from Alien Slavery Tolerance reduced from +50% to +33%)

Traits

Nonadaptive trait Trait Points cost changed from -1 to -2
Very Strong trait Trait Point cost reduced from 4 to 3
Weak trait now also reduces mineral output by 5%
Venerable trait effect on leader lifespan reduced from 120 to 90

Components

Crystal-Forged Plating effect on Hull Points reduced by 25%

Technology

Databank Uplinks base cost reduced from 900 to 240
Improved Databank Uplinks base cost reduced from 1800 to 900
Specialized Combat Computers base cost reduced from 480 to 360
Extended Combat Algorithms base cost reduced from 1500 to 1200
AI-Controlled Colony Ships base cost reduced from 1200 to 900
Self-Aware Colony Ships base cost reduced from 1800 to 1500
Self-aware Logic base cost reduced from 1200 to 900

User Interface

When colonizing a planet, the player is now propmpted to name the colony. A name is suggested by default.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #191564

Hotfix patch 1.2.1 released. This will be the last patch before Paradox leaves for their summer vacation. Don't expect any more updates until August.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... ts.954193/
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #201154

New plant people DLC and also they added more stuff to the slavery system I guess?

Is anyone interested in playing a big game of this again?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #201159

as long as I don't have to buy that dlc, 8 euroes is a bit much for radish people
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #201163

Does the DLC actually have any content at all or is it just plants?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201165

Just plant people. It's all art assets basically.

I really just want to play with the new slave mechanics.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #201229

I'll join in if you want to run another multiplayer game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201263

That makes you, me, and Duncdar.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #201286

aight depens on timing tho.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #201303

Yeah I should mention that I can play any time as long as it's on a weekend
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #201575

Only day I have off from work is Saturday, and most of my shifts this week are closing shifts.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201611

I'm super busy this weekend but it sounds like you guys should try playing Saturday evening anyway.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #220403

The Heinlein patch and the Leviathans story pack DLC are out.

The patch broke all old saves so I haven't been able to try out much of the DLC yet since it's mid-game oriented (and end-game if you count the new War in Heaven end-game crisis), but the important thing is I started playing again. Three major patches later the game definitely feels more polished. It's time to once more unite the entire galaxy in the Holy Hegemony of Elk, that all sentience may bask in Elk's glorious incadescence.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #220445

Gonna wait for my workshop shit to pick upa nd update.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #220542

I sent a science ship into a black hole system and got back 1 report about an enormous monster sticking half out of a dimensional rift before all communications with the ship were lost.

Last edited by Ricotez on Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #220548

The comms officer is too busy fapping to respond.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #220550

Civ 6 release
Endless Legend expansion
Stellaris Update

4X overload this holiday
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #220584

I wouldn't be so worried if the black hole system wasn't like right next to my home world
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #221089

>regularly pay an artist enclave for art to plop down on unhappy planets
>finally get enough energy overproduction to become their patron
>pay them to organize a five year long empire-wide festival because a lot of recently conquered planets are unhappy

>they break it off after a few months and steal a ton of my shit
>no longer answer my calls
>surely the Holy Starfleet will get them to respond and we can forget all of this ever happened, right?
>nope they remain silent
>Image
>"Are you sure you want to attack a neutral target?"

tfw you can't even trust artists anymore
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #221092

[youtube]fFP2ClH7AwI[/youtube]

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #221163

Ricotez wrote: >"Are you sure you want to attack a neutral target?"

tfw you can't even trust artists anymore
>Steals your shit
>Neutral

I don't believe it.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #221177

No that sounds a lot like artists to be honest.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #221272

The worst part is that my patronage was still running, but without being able to open the communication window I couldn't cancel it. And even though my fleet reduced the enclave to a bunch of scorched, frozen corpses that float among the debris of their space station they still show up in my contacts list, and my standing with them is still +100. So just your average Paradox new release.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #222420

So after my neighbour and I usurped a nearby empire and divided their former territory between us, shit is suddenly going hard. Allegiances shift so fast and often that I can't keep track of who is in cahoots with whom anymore, and I had to destroy one of my frontier outposts just to keep my influence accumulation positive, because apparently entering into pacts with other empires reduces your influence generation. I wonder how many factions we will end up with once the political landscape stabilizes, and if we're on the eve of a galactic war. I'm worried that one of the two Fallen Empires that I'm close to might get involved. If they roll over my spiritualist allegiance first, it's sayonara for the Holy Hegemony of Elk.
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #224091

>Scourge spawns in my system on top of one of my rim colonies
>They take over 2 planets before my main starfleet arrives
>Kick those ugly inside-out assholes back to where they came from before they can get a real foothold

>Queen never had a chance to spawn, but she's the trigger to end the event
>Event stays in Event log
>Other empires stay in they-could-be-here-any-minute mode
>There is literally not a single Scourge left in the galaxy

for fuck's sake this bug has been in the game since it came out and they still haven't fixed it?
Spoiler:
XSI

Post by XSI » #224097

>Paradox
>Fix their games

Haha, sure they do. It will be a quiet note in a patch about 4 DLCs from now.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #224257

>tfw you wanna play an aggressive empire and get surrounded by federation builders
>tfw you wanna play peaceful hippy mode and get surrounded by fanatical purifiers
>tfw bad starts in general
JUST

Also worst start I've ever seen anyone get
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #224366

Anonmare wrote:>tfw you wanna play an aggressive empire and get surrounded by federation builders
>tfw you wanna play peaceful hippy mode and get surrounded by fanatical purifiers
>tfw bad starts in general
JUST

Also worst start I've ever seen anyone get
Spoiler:
Just... Restart. I mean my god.

Or have some fun with it and attack one or both.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245708

I started with a energy maker and when I'll post pictures later but you can snowball intensely fast on it.

18 ENERGY PER POWER PLANT
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #245873

Anyone else looking forward to the 1.5 update? I'm interested in the tradition system and the Ascension trees. As well as the species endgames
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #245879

I've been planning on playing more of this soon just to see how much it has updated.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #245912

I'm going to restart my holy conquest game when 1.5 hits. The entire galaxy will bathe in the candescence of Elk.
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #245930

I wanna play this but I can't because homeless :'(
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #245966

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I wanna play this but I can't because homeless :'(
now i'm sad too
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #246726

Aw yeh really looking foreard to 1.5

Anything more simulation-focused that gets added is a huge plus. Expanding on internal politics was very much needed. Being able to eat other races sounds hilarious, too.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #246792

once those expanded internal politics are in it will be a lot more interesting to play a "true" democracy and change your playstyle depending on who gets elected
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #246833

Ricotez wrote:once those expanded internal politics are in it will be a lot more interesting to play a "true" democracy and change your playstyle depending on who gets elected
Machtergreifung fucking when?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #251195

Stellaris: Utopia is the first major gameplay expansion to Stellaris, Paradox’s critically acclaimed and best selling strategy game about building an empire in new galaxies. Utopia introduces new options for developing your empire, with new types of space stations and constructions that open alternate avenues for making your species the dominant power in the galaxy.

One of the core improvements to Utopia is the introduction of Ascension Perks. As your species advances and gains new traditions, it can choose how it wants to evolve as it is further enlightened. You can choose between a biological path, a psionic path or a synthetic path, with various options within these broad categories. Body, Mind or Machine - how will your species challenge the future?

Utopia also includes:

Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
Rights and Privileges: Set specific policies for which of the many species under your thumb will have the rights and privileges of full citizenship. Build an egalitarian paradise or follow a caste system.
And even more improvements and updates, including (as is traditional with all of our paid content releases) free updates for every Stellaris owner!
Source:https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/in ... ia.997685/
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #251393

excited for capturing a species' homeworld and then freezing it over by building a Dyson sphere around their homestar
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #251447

>tfw go on a genocidal purge with Dyson Spheres
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #251508

>stuck between two fallen empires
>build a bunch of habitat stations in attempt to build up enough to population and research to break out
would it work I wonder

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med