final fantasy xiv general

Talk about video games here
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

final fantasy xiv general

Post by Deitus » #114584

we are not WoW edition

anyone else play this here or am i to be a lonely weeb?
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: final fantasy xiv general

Post by Jacquerel » #114585

It's alright
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #114589

Started playing this some 2-3 weeks ago and I love every minute of it. My highest class is level 39 Conjurer/White Mage.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #114624

Does this have Blacksmithing/Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing?
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #114634

Skorvold wrote:Does this have Blacksmithing/Armorsmithing/Weaponsmithing?
Crafting and gathering are there own classes that require their own leveling. For smithing there are two: blacksmith and armorer. If you wanted to in this game you could just do crafting and play the markets if that's your thing. There is no limit to the number of classes you can be on a single character, and for both combat and crafting, some skills cross over to be useful for other classes.

Crafting is also more than 'progress bar then poof item.' When you go to craft you have to fill up a bar for completing the craft using certain abilities, though you can typically only use a certain number of abilities as you have Durability, which decreases by 10 and varies how much you have depending on the craft. Certain abilities can refresh durability but are limited by your craft points or CP, which how much you have and the effectiveness of your abilities depend on your gear because as I said, they are completely seperate classes from the combat ones. A second bar is for 'quality' where in using other abilities you try to increase the chance for the item to be High Quality, or HQ. A HQ item, like a sword or chest piece, will have higher stats and damage than a normal quality of the name item. Obviously these sell for more. Also more progress in quality leads to more experience when leveling a craft.

I know people who play just for the crafting. It's pretty fun but my short attention span isn't well suited for it.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114639

Ricotez wrote:Started playing this some 2-3 weeks ago and I love every minute of it. My highest class is level 39 Conjurer/White Mage.
my nigga, healers for life. im only level 31 but still loving it as well
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #114646

Thought about getting into it. I played the free version alittle and the combat is kind of eh and it takes forever to get around. I'm a big fan of player housing and apparently FFxiv has good housing but if the game itself isn't fun, then it's hard to play a housing simulator when the core game is lacking.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #114647

I played 2.0 to 50 then quit because end game was super bare of any content. Came back for Heavensward (which is a blast) but quit because I couldn't find a serious static guild on my server. Currently unsubbed sitting on an iLevel173 Dragoon.

Muh edge: http://webmup.com/6db0c/

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #114654

>being an Au Ra
>not being a strong, independent Highlander Hyur who needs no man
and you people probably thought i'd play a catgirl
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114737

Aliannera wrote:-snip-

>being an Au Ra
looks like that guy from smash bros.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #114743

>being an Au Ra
It's true, I did
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #114750

I played this on the PS3 and was one of those brown catgirls. The sun whatevers I guess maybe. I was one of the pleb-tier summoners.

I'm an anti-social hermit though so I never partied up ever and when the game told me to get in a party for a 4-man dungeon as part of the main quest I fucked off. Rip.

I like to think my dumb catgirl looked like David Bowie in a mask.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #114767

The duty finder makes it really easy to party up for the dungeons, and one time per day higher level players can enter the "levelling roulette" which assigns them randomly to other players looking to go through a dungeon. In return for their time they get boosted experience and gil. It's a nice system, the reward is usually big enough to give you a level up even if you're of a much higher level, and it makes sure that no dungeon becomes unpopulated.

Also, tanks have the fast track through queues, followed closely by healers (I barely ever have to wait more than just a few seconds). But if you're DPS, have fun waiting 20 minutes.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #114779

DPS endgame wait times are low last I played since most of endgame is just grinding lower level dungeon/daily roulette for raid gear tokens.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Balut

Post by Balut » #114787

Still means I'd have to be playing with people though. Grosssssssssss.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114797

well they are massively MULTIPLAYER games :V
Balut

Post by Balut » #114847

I KNOW

OTHER PEOPLE THO
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #114873

Balut wrote:I KNOW

OTHER PEOPLE THO
then why do you post on forums and (presumably) play ss13?
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #114878

Most FF14 players are pants on head retarded and get carried to endgame, where they shit it up for everyone.

a correct post by pillz
Balut

Post by Balut » #114897

Deitus wrote:
Balut wrote:I KNOW

OTHER PEOPLE THO
then why do you post on forums and (presumably) play ss13?
Because in SS13 I can avoid people and not be forced to party with them for dungeon raidsssss
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #114957

Stone Vigil was probably the first time I've had a really hard time as a healer, and I cannot just blame it on the tank rushing into every dragon he saw. Because he was in there with me and saw how much I struggled, one of my companymates gave me a bunch of equipment with better Mind stats to help me boost my healing power, but I'll have to read up on White Mage strategies too if I want to stay useful.

Meanwhile the levelling roulette keeps throwing me into Toto-Rak or whatever that annoying maze dungeon with the huge diremite at the end is called. It's only level 24 or something, which means it locks all of my interesting skills and healing is a massive bore.
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #114980

WHM is all about big burst healing. You'll need to manage your aggro and mana if you want to keep being a WHM.

Current meta is that SCH are better.

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #114996

I want to unlock scholar too but holy shit I hate playing conjurer so much, I haven't touched the class since I reached 15
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #115017

Yeah that's partially why I quit, early game is so slow and boring. I was used to doing mad combos as a 60 DRG.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #192799

Bumping this thread. Ricotez has convinced me to get back into the game so I"m re-rolling edgiest character I can think of.

So far we've got it narrowed down to a mi'qote with red eyes and white hair. I can't decide if it should be male or female. Name is going to be Clawdi(o/a depending on gender) Nyanslaughter.

We're going to go straight for Dark Knight asap.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #192800

make sure you do bunny ears both in game and out of game every time you deliver an exceptional edgy experience
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192801

I can't fucking decide if this should be an edgy catboi or edgy catgrill

I think the typical 14 year old edgelord would probably make a catboi?

But the games cosmetics and clothes for girls are so much better and I think the joke might be funnier if its a girl? I really don't know here fuck help me vote on this.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #192802

I'm already doing top of the line quality MS Paint artwork of your catboy

Edit: Image
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192803

It's beautiful
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #192812

An0n3 wrote:Ricotez has convinced me to get back into the game so I"m re-rolling edgiest character I can think of.
all I did was tell you the story of the player who kept finding ERPers in his personal house
Spoiler:
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #192816

Spoiler:
Sorry, already cornering the market on edgy catgirls, you'll have to move into the edgy man cat department. However I hear edgy lalafells are all the rage these days.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192817

NOW THATS WHAT I CALL EDGE
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #192819

4k gil well spent just to use that hairstyle for that post.

Also DRK 30-50 questline is best 30-50 job questline and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192820

I'm still in endless patching limbo but then catboi it is.

Oh hey the lodestone for my lalafell I barely played after rebirth is still there

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone ... r/1035887/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #192821

fine while we're posting pictures of catgrills
Spoiler:
I love these gauntlets but oh my fucking god they clip with everything, it's so infuriating
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #192825

the face of a (wo)man with nothing to lose

ㄹㅇ3ㅇ/
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192827

Fucking uggo get this trash out of here
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #192829

did someone say post pictures catgirls
Spoiler:
I have 1338 screenshots, which is 3.38 GB of cat waifus, lizard waifus, and highlander waifus. I can provide.

help
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #192830

Isn't this still a bot infested game? I got bored and just used a combat bot last time I played that made my DPS insane and no one cared because at least half of raid groups were botting too.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #192835

From what I've heard instead of purging the bots they just lock the servers so people can't create characters for a time.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #192836

I'm on Balmung which is 100% locked 100% of the time so I very rarely end up seeing bots.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192838

I'm trying to get on Gilgamesh and it's locked down :(

I finished creating THE EDGE but I can't get in :(
ffxiv_07042016_225150.png
EDIT: Oh shit dark skin modo is pretty edgy too
ffxiv_07042016_225548.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #192904

Stay up til 2am hoping character creation will open up on Gilgamesh
It doesnt
Fuck

I still have a character on Balmung from when I first played I guess I could just use instead in the meantime.

Womp womp. Aliannera you got a company?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #192979

You could always make the character on another server, play them for a bit (I forget the exact time needed for this), then purchase a transfer.

Mine is a heavy RP FC so I'd have to check first.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #192992

I have a level 8 or 9 Marauder on Balmung.
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #192993

Rico those glasses make your catgirl look like Bono
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #193000

they're mad scientist goggles
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193006

An0n3 wrote:Fucking uggo get this trash out of here
excuse me i am willing to fight you to protect both the sanctity and purity of my beloved oc you fucking savage

ew ew ew ew squid stink
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #193010

It's $18 fucking dollars just to transfer a character. Hell.no.

It's not that I don't have the money it's the principal of them charging for something that should be a free (but limited in frequency of usage) service.

The pricing for prettymuch everything in this game is pretty retarded. I can't believe I can go to a store and buy a disc copy of the expansion for $19.99 but if I want to get it digitally I have to pay $39.99

And the thing is I'm just going to open up that expansion, get the code out of it, and download it digitally anyway so what's the actual fucking difference?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #193011

yeah but remember if you go to the store and buy a disc copy the cashier will think you're a fucking disgusting furbeest

its worth the 40 dollar price tag to save yourself socially