final fantasy xiv general

Talk about video games here
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Re: final fantasy xiv general

Post by Aloraydrel » #309550

Bottom post of the previous page:

I've been doing frontlines all day as samurai. Stuck on the first instance quest so rip progression. At least all those streamers magically got past the barrier.
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #310491

take the red bitch
take it
and swallow
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #310500

someone buy me this game please

edit: i have a pack of gum and a penny in exchange
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #310502

not even gonna buy SB, listened to the soundtrack and it's hot trash. Heavensward music was much better.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #310522

is this game like wow
Limey wrote:its too late.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #310533

It's literally WoW reskinned but with a 2.5 second global vooldown, minus a few skills. It even has the retarded particle effect cancer rainbow mounts that WoW has.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #310651

the music is beautiful, the story is great, the new areas are amazing

best expansion so far whenever the servers aren't crashing
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #310991

Im not even level 51 yet
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #311006

dumb blu lizard wrote:not even gonna buy SB, listened to the soundtrack and it's hot trash. Heavensward music was much better.
stop having bad opinions please! Thank you!!
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #311095

drpillz, stop DDoSing the servers, we all know it was you
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #311096

not until garithos plays f13 with me

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #311111

No sweetie im studying the blade... no time for a trap gf
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #311179

i-i can study it with you

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312366

Just finished the MSQ and oh boy that was a fun final boss. Only bad part of this story was Lyse being in it for 90% of it instead of fugging off after you leave Ala Mhigo for the first time
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #312416

me and my friends all bought bdo

it was the sterotypical korean mmo so we all refunded it

i'm downloading the trial to this now because they already subscribed
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #312463

Ive been kind of behind due to my choice if server and being unwilling to leave.

Also my desicion to play heavensward again specifically as samurai on an alt

I wad deeply amused by the level 54 quest for it.
Fuck you weeb potato.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312480

samurai story to 60 was pretty good and sad
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #312485

initial impressions:

-i made a trial account on the website before finding out that the Steam version has a trial but you can't use existing accounts with the Steam trial AAAAAAAAA
-after redownloading the game i made a character and started to play
-this character creation is a nice balance of customization without getting into retarded bethesda level customization territory (looking at you bdo) so i actually wanted to customize what i looked like and didn't just change the hair color/eyes and finish
-gladiator is a dumb class name but they get sword and shield/my friends need a tank/you can be a paladin later so gladiator it is
-the in game cutscenes are BARREN soundwise right now, holy shit, i hope that gets better
-the starting city i'm in (the desert one) is pretty goddamn ugly, it's just brown

I made it to level 3 just running around doing dumb quests and haven't actually killed anything yet so let me get back to you on what the game is actually like
-
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #312499

Voiced cutscenes are peppered in more frequently later on give it time.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312504

Starting classes don't mean anything. level 30 jobs is what your main class is
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #312533

too bad its a 4/10 game sweetie...

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312537

DrPillzRedux wrote:too bad its a 4/10 game sweetie...
t. playing a early access survival shooter
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #312544

played more

found my first voiced cutscene, was much more interesting as a result

combat animations are extremely satisfying

I like how combat involves moving around in the world and low level combat has SOME risk, when it comes to world quests at least

world quests are fucking sweet

still not sure how much of the game works and I'd like to find out how to do stuff like fishing/etc. but yeah it's fun

edit: ok so I saw this when I was eating breakfast and just bought the game right after because i'm a tank

[youtube]73O3cFLIyB0[/youtube]
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312671

My static just did Susano ex last night. He is pretty baby tier easy but his theme/voice makes up for the fight.

Also have fun doing crafting :^)
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #312807

I dual-levelled Scholar and Dark Knight for the first half of Stormblood just so I could tank that fight.

I fell behinds on my friends with the story but it was worth it
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #312947

Yea just did both EX fights and they are extremely forgiving if you make mistakes.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #313011

Aloraydrel wrote:Also have fun doing crafting :^)
it's 300% annoying to me that I need to switch item sets to craft/gather but whatever i guess
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #313037

It's not even that. Crafting works hand by hand and it's basically required to have all of them to at least 50 if you want to craft any good gear
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #313159

Aloraydrel wrote:It's not even that. Crafting works hand by hand and it's basically required to have all of them to at least 50 if you want to craft any good gear
I was actually really enjoying the crafting

it's a bit annoying how long the delays between pressing synthesize > starting to craft can be but I like how there's some depth to crafting

I also have a hard on for self sufficiency so I'm not bothered at all by that

EDIT: OHHHHHH it unlocks a bulk quick craft at like level 10 so you can shit out copper ingots without worrying about HQ items

that's super nice

EDIT 2: ok so the bulk craft is like not very fast but it's afkable so its alright
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #313883

Almost level 60 samurai. Then I can rules of nature all I want.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #313896

NSFW:
*blocks ur path*
Last edited by Aloraydrel on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #313902

RDM and MCH at 70, now to work on all the other magic classes so I can maintain my magical catgirl status.

Please buff MCH square overheating is useless thnx.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #313904

Shameless self shilling of the superior healing class
NSFW:
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #314065

NSFW:
I want to _______ that chocobo
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #314175

new fights in Omega are fun as fuck
Spoiler:
I cannot believe Exdeath is now a boss in FFXIV
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #314176

Yea im hyped for savage for the 3rd boss
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #314322

fighting the same thing over and over... is this what they call a good game design???

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #314354

DrPillzRedux wrote:fighting the same thing over and over... is this what they call a good game design???
Dumb trap pills
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #314483

lol why are you still paying attention to pillz, he once ragequit a SS13 forum after blowing up its Starbound thread because nobody gave a shit about his shitty SS13 RPGMaker game

he even blew up the Nanotrasen thread on the Starbound offical forums
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #314542

This post was made by DrPillzRedux who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

i'm subbed but haven't played like all week i should do that
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #314664

Time to finish the noose
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #314669

I killed my master yet I am not his murderer
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #314695

Derplanders fightboner knows no end.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #314948

I killed my master yet I am not his murderer
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #315042

Stupid xaela stop breaking down my city wall.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #315076

srifenbyxp wrote:I killed my master yet I am not his murderer
mentor, not master
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things: