Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Barotrauma: SS13 Underwater

Post by Timbrewolf » #200758

Bottom post of the previous page:

Medic needs some kind of wonder drug injection that brings the recently dead back to life. That would make him useful.

That his traitor-bait chems also work on monsters is a really weak offering considering he needs to get close enough to stab them with the syringe without getting knocked away or killed in the process. If he's in a position to run up to something and stab it like that, odds are everything is already fucked and flooded. At best the thing will die from poison after it has mutilated him.

Meanwhile any idiot can stuff a brick of C4 into a rail gun round and, if they just man the goddamn guns, kill most shit ded.

My point is that the risk/reward of having a doctor around isnt worth it. You risk having a dude run around one-shottung the crew with Chris in exchange for the potential reward that he may swim out into the ocean and stab a giant warm with five syringes worth of said death chem and save the day from a creature you could otherwise just flee from. If you actually roll the objective to hunt a worm then you've struck the one scenario the doctor is clutch for. In every other case I'd rather have another mechanic or engineer or even a shitcurity guy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #200778

I disagree that medical doctors are useless. They're not great, but I'd rather have a doctor than a second engineer, for instance. On several occasions I've been saved by a guy waving around a syringe full of healing meds and survived long enough to be given CPR from outside the airlock when they stab me with the oxygen deprivation stuff.

Granted, I usually just rewire the medbay doors to open for anyone at roundstart, but still...
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200798

So I picked this up again.
Quite a bit changed, I see.
I mean, I still have no idea what half the shit aboard a sub actually does, but at least I can shoot kraken now.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #200800

I was watching the video An0n3 made and holy shit, the noise it makes when you're killed by water pressure.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200814

Xhuis wrote:I disagree that medical doctors are useless. They're not great, but I'd rather have a doctor than a second engineer, for instance. On several occasions I've been saved by a guy waving around a syringe full of healing meds and survived long enough to be given CPR from outside the airlock when they stab me with the oxygen deprivation stuff.

Granted, I usually just rewire the medbay doors to open for anyone at roundstart, but still...

You don't need a medical doctor for that. How many times do I need to say this? You could break into medbay as a mechanic, fill up on meds, and be a medic that can also fix broken mechanical stuff as well as people.

You don't need a medical doctor to ransack the cabinets for the basic good stuff. You don't need a medical doctor to perform CPR. You do need mechanics to fix broken pieces of the sub and patch up the hull. You do need engineers to fix the reactor, the junction boxes, and they can also fix the hull.

Given the choice between having a guy on staff that can save the whole ship from being irreversibly screwed it a dude who can brew up questionably beneficial meds it's a no trainer which guy we need and which one we don't. I
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #200823

The skill system honestly needs to go, it just makes it that if the one person with the stats to fix the electrics dies, everyone dies.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #200834

The skill system is there for long term stuff

I do believe the idea is to eventually mirror multiplayer and single player so that you can have character growth over time.
Your doc could end up learning a thing or two about electronics, etc.

That said it does need the ability to jury rig or at least attempt a repair with insufficient skill. Maybe risk lighting shit on fire or something, but at least we should be able to try
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200843

EndgamerAzari wrote:I was watching the video An0n3 made and holy shit, the noise it makes when you're killed by water pressure.
I didn't hear the noise.

But anon needs to git gud. What a tater faget.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200902

Did some wire work.
Am mad as hell that you can only wire detonators when your inventory is full because pickup and wiring are the same button.
Am also mad that you can't carry around a wired detonator. Would have loved to place one inside a locker.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #200912

Just use the wire on the thing you want to wire to the detonator to first
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #200919

ahahahAHHA jUsT uSE thE WIrE to cRasH thE GAMe........
crack is whack but smacks got your back
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #200971

captain sawrge wrote:Just use the wire on the thing you want to wire to the detonator to first
Works about 10% of the time.
Otherwise it just closes the rewire window in the blink of an eye and picks up the detonator.
Of course the wire still drops if I slot the detonator into a container, so I can only leave this thing lying around anyway.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #201224

we SUB now
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
XSI

Post by XSI » #201230

Dom/sub play right here on the forum? How lewd
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #201261

More good times were had. I was recording again but the audio was kinda fucky. Oh well

[youtube]RhwwxPzCBNg[/youtube]

Setting a bomb on the command inner airlock button felt so good holy shit.
Captain comes running back and shuts the door behind him, triggering a gigantic fucking explosion that kills him and partially floods the sub.
There's a bug when you're the host and you roll traitor so that it always tells you you have to murder yourself, so I always just pick a random person and try to kill them instead.
You do actually get a legitimate target but because the initial popup says your own name you'll never know who it is.

Medical Doctor is just so poorly balanced though, I hope I proved that somewhat. Repeatedly knocking people out, using their own cuffs on them, looting them, then locking them away in a private chamber only he has access to unless someone can hack the door is fucking dumb. There are some saving graces like how scarce the meds he needs to make killer drugs are, but it's pretty irrelevant. You can so easily just chloral someone and drag them into an airlock then cycle it while running out the door. Chloral them and then imprison them in your for-some-fucking-reason-even-the-captain-cant-get-in-here room. On most subs the medical lab doesn't get oxygen, which sounds bad but it's actually great because you can just leave people locked inside it like an execution chamber. This job is fucking broken.

Apologies to Galv for starting a witch hunt when he didn't do anything. That's the second person I think I've gotten murdered or just abused to shit while playing the game for falsely accusing them of causing damage to the subs. Some of the system in the game are still kinda wonky. Sometimes the sub just crashes to the ocean floor for no reason. Sometimes the power just seems to shut off for no reason. It's easy to guess "Maybe the clown running around with a nuclear railgun round under his arm had something to do with it."
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #201284

I was that captain. I ran to the door, pressed the button to shut it, and then blew up. I planned to fetch a screwdriver to pull the wire out of it and disarm it, knowing that the bridge on that sub has some screwdrivers in a closet.

But that didn't happen the way it was planned
XSI

Post by XSI » #203567

Hey, guess what?

Detachable independent mini subs
Or even full subs

http://undertowgames.com/blog/multiple-subs-2/
This game is going places

According to the changelog, respawn submarines you can dock to the main sub with to return to the ship after you've been death
No sub to sub fighting yet, but it's planned
- the multiplayer mode has a "respawn shuttle" which transports respawned players from the entrance
to the main submarine
Also updates to selecting items like buttons in cramped subs so you can actually hit what you want to
And updates to the physics model for speed and steering, and you can make an extra deep sub without windows and triple thickness hull to go below the usual crush depth
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203575

I would play this game every day above all others if people were down. It's fucking great. It does everything I liked about SS13 better than SS13 ever did.

The only thing it can't do is handle a ton of people at once, which is fine because hidden traitor games typically turn to shit when you have a large group.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #203581

I might be up for playing tonight, after I get my homework done.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203584

Fuck it count me in
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
XSI

Post by XSI » #203587

It's been tested

No collision damage from failed docking
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203606

hop in the discord u shits let fly some water planes
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #203653

Eh, count me in I guess, did tutorial just now and it seems !!FUN!!
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203656

Anon3senpai pls respond to my pms
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203683

>Security officer loots all the C4
>Explodes something below the cockpit
>Tells me "the main gun just fired for no reason when I got on it"
>Climbs back up into the cockpit with me while I pilot the sub
>Lingers by the door
>Pulls out his stun baton
>I leg it because fuck this shit
>Sub crashes into some rocks and begins to flood
>IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO JUST TRYING TO SPOOK YOU

I fucking hate you so much holy shit
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #203708

I'd like to get into this but the discord invite says expired.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #203777

Just turning on the to gun battery (since it being uncharged killed everyone one time) murderdoc oranges (demoted from doctor) threatens me with a welder while I check the sonar.

I back off as requested, he runs past me and spends the rest of the round calling me shifty for setting the ship up while hiding like a craven worm.

That's our oranges!

Latter round.
Run up stairs fall over dead.
Officer grabs me and fuses into the floor he twitches intensely our bodies writhe through solid steel his feet flying off. Oranges actually does his job for once and tends to the dead.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203808

I play mechanic every round but all i really know how to do is load and fire the railgun battaries. I should really just boot up a single player game to find out how wiring and fixing stuff works.

I also helped batter skorvold with a wrench when he was on one of his customary fire extinguisher rampages.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203815

Trying to arrest skorvold for being a sketchy shitty when he lifts me up despite the handcuffs and starts carrying me up some stairs.

Goddamn what has this boi been eating just raw harambe steroids jesus
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203816

I'll post the discord link again when I get home if nobody else does first
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203830

Im down for some free fun.

Edit the tooltorial is absoloutly terible and gives you bad advice on literaly the last objective. TELL ME I NEED A PRESSURE SUIT DON'T ASSUME I'M GOING TO LEAVE A DOOR OPEN.

First time my power game kicked in and I sufocated myself in a diving suit. Good fun. second death was because I suffocated myself trying to load my oxygen mask in a flooded corridor 2 feet from "safety". 3-6 were trying to fix a hull breach with just a mask and tool, no suit. I feel mechanics are going to end up as wrench lemmings most times.

and i learned that yes you can tamper with the controls to make the autopilot go crazy and spin into a wall over and over. This shit could make enginnerd great again in ss13. Too bad wiring the sonar system to the mains doesn't make the switch electrocute people.

Nuclear wessals
Last edited by Supermichael777 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #203867

Are you telling me that An0n3 does it for free?
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203876

nah fam the alpha is free

http://undertowgames.com/barotrauma/

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203902

Anonmare wrote:Are you telling me that An0n3 does it for free?
I'll do u 4 free bb

Official thread theme:

[youtube]GC_mV1IpjWA[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203907

subs today friends?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203909

are you willing to accept someone whose training consists of an hour of watching an0n3's flailing and an hour of my own?

having tooled around solo a bit longer its surprising how much shenanigans you can achieve with a screwdriver and some wires.
Last edited by Supermichael777 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203926

That's two hours more training than most of these chucklefucks have. Welcome aboard.

[youtube]WYSQGtALQ_8[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #203930

That part where I rubberbanded? On my screen, I just keeled over at the top of the stairs for no apparent reason--hence why I was so perplexed.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
XSI

Post by XSI » #203934

Incompetence is just a thing that happens

Don't worry about it, you'll improve with time
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #203953

I personally thought I aced the medbay role.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203955

toime to play nerds, get on the discerd
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #203957

at work today
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203960

whats the chanel? and the password?
Last edited by Supermichael777 on Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #203962

PM'd you
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203964

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203986

And I only sank the sub twice.
next time ill roll cap so I can practice driving something other then the transport torpedo .

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203989

"Some things you can only learn by having an angry man scream them at you."

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #203990

I did well for my first time as captain, got the mission done, killed the traitor and made the crew feel like shit.
XSI

Post by XSI » #203993

For that last sub

Good things I did:
Shot the tiger thresher and killed it
Repaired at least 6 breaches, including the reactor which would have left us dead in the water

Bad things I did:
Accidentally depth charged the respawn shuttle as it was about to dock with us

Oops
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #203994

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:I did well for my first time as captain, got the mission done, shot An0n3 in the gut with a harpoon after he killed the traitor in single combat with a plasma torch and made the crew feel like shit.
Joking aside though, for all my screaming and yelling you guys are actually getting better. Congratulations.

Two or three more nights of general fuckery and we'll be a pretty robust, grizzled crew of badasses.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #203999

if man was mentioned to swim it wouldn't be so funny watching the sub slam into the walls over and over.

my traitor target tripped and broke his neck so I decided to cut through the airlock. but I could only get one tank so I know you hording autists had like three each

8 people is the standing record for deaths due to fuckup. on the upshot I now know you need to full reverse to stop

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Classy, TG, Classy

Spoiler: