TF3

Talk about video games here
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Overwatch

Post by Ricotez » #180011

Bottom post of the previous page:

australia has got its head down under and up its arse
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #180021

Its more to do with companies gouging the prices but also to do with local retailers bitching about inflating the price of the digital products to match their store bought versions.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #180031

Said local retailers pretty much near extinct before multinational retailers that might as well be run by martians.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #180035

Incomptinence wrote:If our internet downloaded games were at a fair price that would obviously be bad for the poor little retail distributors *coughmostlyjustebgamescough*.

Oh and its not an exchange rate thing let me a-fucking-sure you when the aud was over the us dollar nothing changed.
canada shares ytour woes

my actual face when new games cost $90
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #180040

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180058

When I hear some jerk say its high noon I like to kill him before he can get any shots off and then I say Looks Like It Was Die Noon for You.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180059

Played for the first time last night. I am pretty terrible still but I had a couple good runs as Genji and Tracer, also Soldier 74. Also a ridiculous killspree as bastion. Any tips for branching out into other characters?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180062

Wyzack wrote:Any tips for branching out into other characters?
If you want to play Support, I'd suggest you start out either Mercy or Lucio. Mercy has a medigun like the Medic from TF2, with an alternate mode that increases firepower instead of restoring HP. Lucio generates an AoE around him that heals everyone and he can switch it to a speed boost instead.

For tanks I'd suggest either Reinhardt because his shield makes tanking objectives a lot easier, or D.va because her defence matrix lets you interrupt incoming fire for a few seconds (including ults).

For defensive roles Mei isn't a bad choice. She's pretty much superior in 1v1 situations as long as you're close enough to an enemy to freeze them sold. Once they're frozen, use your alternate fire to launch an icicle into their skulls.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #180108

Biting the bullet and buying this, Symmetra looks fun, dem turrets.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #180113

my brother brought this recently and next time I see him I'm beating him up until he family links steam accounts with me. I loved playing it when it was free and I've been craving some more junkrat grenades

edit: I'm stupid
Last edited by TheWiznard on Wed May 25, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180114

TheWiznard wrote:next time I see him I'm beating him up until he family links steam accounts with me
TheWiznard wrote:steam accounts
TheWiznard wrote:steam

yeah you do that
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #180115

fuck you're right
dammit how did I forget
you've ruined my life
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #180117

Hrrrrngh I really shouldn't but I got cash back from my credit card and I get paid on Tuesday so maybe I'll buy it this weekend. Gotta 'Hog it up again.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #180123

we should host a /tg/ showmatch this weekend

for the whole prize of bragging rights lets get two teams of 6 set up cmon guys....
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #180124

we should host a /tg/ showmatch this weekend

for the whole prize of bragging rights lets get two teams of 6 set up cmon guys....
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #180132

I'd be in for that as long as I don't have to be a team captain or anything like that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #180230

I wound up stealing borrowing my brother's battle.net account so I could play Overwatch again, played for like 4 hours straight today
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180253

even bigger image under the spoiler
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #180262

what am I looking at here
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180264

Got a play of the game! Starting to really like Pharah and that pink haired Russian Bear lady
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180267

the trick to using Husky Ruskie is to wait until an enemy is gonna shoot you, then use your shield to turn the attack into FUCK YOU DISENTEGRATION POWER for your gun.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #180278

Wyzack wrote:Got a play of the game! Starting to really like Pharah and that pink haired Russian Bear lady
I hate fighting against both of these
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #180299

lmao dude just stop shooting at zarya when she has her shield up bro!
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #180301

Have fun with my terrible video quality
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #180306

I fucking LOVE playing Symmetra. Getting a Play of the Game where all that happens is you stand still while your laser turrets murder the entire enemy team is hillarious.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #180308

Caved and bought it. My mains in each category are turning out to be Soldier 76, Junkrat, Roadhog, and Lucio. Junkrat is just a blast to play, and I love setting little impromptu traps. 76's utility can't be overstated--his healing beacon can be placed on moving payloads.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #180334

Reinhardt all day every day. Aggressive in your face Reinhardt is best way to play him.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #180340

Aliannera wrote:Reinhardt all day every day. Aggressive in your face Reinhardt is best way to play him.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #180342

I'm finding that I can win just about any game on offense as hanzo. Holy shit, my tf2 cuntsman days are paying off.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #180348

McCree and Genji are seeing a lot of play from me, but I am doing surprisingly well on Tracer despite being trash with her during the beta.

Of course I am best on Reaper.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #180352

Skorvold wrote:
Aliannera wrote:Reinhardt all day every day. Aggressive in your face Reinhardt is best way to play him.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #180353

>people still unironically trying to force this fathardt meme

enjoy getting 3shot by reaper LMAO
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180378

EndgamerAzari wrote:Caved and bought it. My mains in each category are turning out to be Soldier 76, Junkrat, Roadhog, and Lucio. Junkrat is just a blast to play, and I love setting little impromptu traps. 76's utility can't be overstated--his healing beacon can be placed on moving payloads.
ill add you to my friend list
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #180385

I am amazed by how good Soldier 76 is, especially his perpetual sprint. Saved a payload on defence at the last second by sprinting there and jumping in front of it, which bought the rest of my team the few extra seconds they needed to catch up and save my sorry ass.
NikNakFlak wrote:what am I looking at here
It's from those "draw the squad" exploitables.

Spoiler:
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #180406

paprika wrote:>people still unironically trying to force this fathardt meme

enjoy getting 3shot by reaper LMAO
Enjoy not tackling people into walls and 1 shotting most of the characters.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #180411

Reaper does more damage than Reinhardt at 140 per shot not including headshots, and a headshot from reaper is about on par with a charge.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #180419

I don't like playing the 'healer required' tanks, winston and reinhardt. It fucking sucks to play those guys without healers and since I'm doing solo queue mostly, I have to rely on my zarya and roadhog skill to take multiple people on at once.

Again though, I mostly play hanzo. Feels good to find a hero I can 'main' and still be incredibly useful. His constant wallhacking is so helpful for your team because it lights up people in bright red and usually pubs kill them for you.
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #180423

dezzmont wrote:Reaper does more damage than Reinhardt at 140 per shot not including headshots, and a headshot from reaper is about on par with a charge.
>An offensive hero does damage

What else does he bring?
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #180431

HIgh tier health pool, invincibility panic button, teleporting past enemy crossfire, etc
yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #180434

paprika wrote:HIgh tier health pool, invincibility panic button, teleporting past enemy crossfire, etc
Then why not play roadhog?
>Higher burst damage
>Pull enemies towards you to kill them
>Throw in the fact you can interupt most other ults
>self 50% heal on low cd
NSFW:
I like reaper too.
NSFW:
Spoiler:
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access

paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #180438

Le edgy mexican
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180452

Won route 66 with 5 torjborg team, beat Reinhardt to death with dinky hammer and torbork said "I told you, its not the size of the hammer that counts" and the reinfart cried after the round saying tornborn op and will be nerfed first patch :)
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180455

Gettin good with McCree. Won a clutch payload by highnooning the enemy team from a ledge and nearly wiping them
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #180458

Ricotez wrote:-snip-
These team compositions are so bad it's like the artist doesn't even play.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #180479

Fun thing I discovered last night: you can Hook enemies through a friendly Reinhardt's shield. Extremely satisfying to yoink someone right into the middle of your team and cut them off from supporting fire at the same time.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #180489

Reinhardt is a baby
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180491

I just blast down his sheild with rockets and laugh
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #180496

He's not one of my main choices, but I have fun with him. Whacking people and sending them flying is always fun.

Also, I've noticed a bit of bullshit meta on that king of the hill map with the big well in the middle. I think it's the second phase of Ilios? Anyway, I've noticed that when you hit overtime multiple people will switch to Lucio and wallride around the inside of the well in order to camp the point and simultaneously be a huge pain to hit. Of course, if you can hit 'em it's basically a OHKO.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #180501

Im also a hanzo Main. I've played Genji the second most but I'm not super good with him. I'm pretty good with Reaper although I'm starting to think that's it not that hard to be good with him. After that, I just kinda jump around Mei, Junkrat, Reinhardt, and Bastion. I don't really play anyone else.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #180545

NikNakFlak wrote:Im also a hanzo Main. I've played Genji the second most but I'm not super good with him. I'm pretty good with Reaper although I'm starting to think that's it not that hard to be good with him. After that, I just kinda jump around Mei, Junkrat, Reinhardt, and Bastion. I don't really play anyone else.
It is not hard to do OK with Reaper, but it is possible for a good Reaper player to continually team wipe the enemy from behind, especially on control maps.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #180560

We managed to get 6 people to play together and became the ultimate meme team. We started with 6 reinhardts and then moved on to Repears (which also failed) and finally we did six Junkrats. One of the teams we played against decided to meme us back and they came at us with six Meis, but out Junkrats prevailed! We tried to do Six D'vas and six tracers but we got fucked. Six man teams are hard. Meme team dream team though. The picture quality is bad because I turned settings way the fuck down. My computer can't handle much when I run a lot of programs and overwatch at the same time.