TF3

Talk about video games here
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Re: Overwatch

Post by ThanatosRa » #174102

Bottom post of the previous page:

A good mei is fucking TERRIFYING. Fucking blocking a path to lead into an ambush.

Also Zarya is fucking dangerous as hell too. ... Got a play of the Game rather brutally wrecking one's shit(along with a Genji i think) with a reinhardt though.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174106

If you get singled out and cornered by Mei you're pretty much dead. She's basically the Overwatch equivalent of the TF2 Pyro (ironically) in that they're both ambush fighters. At least you could fight back or try to escape from the Pyro.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #174113

An0n3 wrote:People dismiss Mei because she's rolly polly qt3.14

She's actually REALLY fucking deadly 1v1 against just about anybody.
That fucking icicle shot hits like a fucking ton of bricks.
A lot of people underestimate Meis.

Mind you, bad Meis will have no impact whatsoever. Good Meis, tho? Absolute nightmare to face.

If she's good with icicles, this is going to hurt.
If she gets close to you while you're on your own, and you have no answer, you're pretty much fucked too. Freeze into free headshots for her.
She's incredibly hard to pick off too since she got that icy cocoon of hers.

Long story short : don't flank alone if there's a Mei in the enemy team. Or have a Widowmaker take care of the problem.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #174143

IT'S HIGH NOON
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174148

>not playing with korean voices and hearing

죽다! 죽다! 죽다! every time reaper ults.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #174166

I gotta say though, I love fucking with enemy positions with Junkrat. Like using concussion bomb to knock a Sentry-Bastion off a point if I can't risk just blowing him up. That damn thing is just great for breaking and disrupting charges too.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #174173

Out of everyone I've played with or against so far I think Junkrat is clearly "S-tier". He basically inherits all the goodstuff of TF2's demo-man and then gets his landmine, bear trap, and ult atop that.

Lucio is the only other obvious S-tier. Possibly even "God-tier". His passive heal works on everyone around him without needing any kind of focus. His guns ability to just punt people off points and over cliffs is stupidly effective. His wall-run mobility isn't amazing but with practice its quite helpful. When he doesn't need to heal people he helps everyone around him rush. He can even buff/heal himself.

His biggest downside is that he looks like a total fucking moron. I hate his entire design, his gigantic chunky legs look so fucking stupid. I hate Zarya for the same reason. MOON BOOTS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174174

My fav strategy with Mei is to quickly cut off the escape route of an enemy by plopping down an ice wall behind them, while they're facing me. That moment of confusion when they wonder why they can't run further backward is usually enough to finish them off.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174190

>Hating Lucio's style

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME

In all seriousness though, Lucio is one of my favorites, but he's got next to no offensive capability and he snaps like a twig. He's great for me, though, since I can't aim to save my Goddamn life and I just have to be near people to be helpful.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174193

You can solo anyone short of Roadhog as Lucio with the right switching up between speed/heal.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174194

EndgamerAzari wrote:he's got next to no offensive capability
He shouldn't be out in front leading the charge but his ability to alternatively throw people the fuck away from him or toss them off dead drops is pretty redonkulous. That goddamn temple map is like Lucio's personal playground. YEAH COME CAP THIS POINT SURROUNDED BY DROPS. SEE YOU THERE.

He can also control a lot of engagements by sending his opponent away, switching to speed buff, and then wall-riding away. If the people he is supporting all drop he's the best equipped to GTFO and rejoin with others.

His gun is okay for confrontations. He'll probably get smashed by a lot of people 1v1 if he just tries to pew pew with them for his lack of health and his projectile's slow speed. Zenyatta is a better scrapper for 1v1 but much worse in every other situation (and if you are throwing yourselves into 1v1's constantly why the fuck are you playing a support?)
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #174196

I hate fighting against Lucio and Genji. Lucio never seems to kill anything and is just an annoying little push around fuck while Genji players are just little trolls from far away but they are hard to hit and then bam, sword to the face. Little assholes remind me of spies.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174198

Genji's whole gameplan is baiting someone into shooting him. He's funny.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174199

Every time I run into fuckin' D.Va outside her mech I can't hit her. Thinnest woman in a vidya game.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174201

Maybe I've been underestimating the range on the push.

Also, y'know, I'm just really bad.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174205

Skorvold wrote:Every time I run into fuckin' D.Va outside her mech I can't hit her. Thinnest woman in a vidya game.
when I'm D.Va and something catches me outside the mech I am dead, I can fight it for a few seconds but I am going to fucking die and there's nothing I can do about it

the mech is pretty sweet tho, needs to get up close to do any real damage but that's why it can fly

I'm considering to refund my Stellaris pre-order and get this game instead but we'll see if it's still fun 3 days from now
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174233

I need to use Mercy's gun more than just peacing the fuck out.
She's not bad. I've killed a few people with it at longer ranges where they obviously didn't think I was any kind of threat.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174265

Lucio is deceptively strong in a fight too. He is one of the most agressive and hard to kill supports in the game, especailly in an open space. His ulti is boring as shit though.

Genji's reflect is good but he also hits like a truck in ranged, and is one of the tougher offense characters. He just is all around good, his only real weakness being poor anti-tank play due to how front loaded his damage is and how only two of the tanks actually take reflect damage. His ulti forces you to change how he plays but is so devistating when used well it almost doesn't matter, because he can kill the entire front line by himself almost effortlessly with it.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174268

I think Blizzard has done an excellent job with balance so far (the exception being Tracer, who is getting tweaked slightly). The only character I don't see played regularly is Symmetra, and I think that's because she's really technical to use.

There should be a cap on how many of each character can be on a team, though. You haven't known hell until you've faced a team of five Bastions and one Torbjörn.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174274

I had dinner with a bunch of friends who has also played the beta and we got to talking about the game.

A long-standing complaint we all had with modern TF2 is that the glut of items fucks up the simple recognition of classes and their capabilities. In games with such vastly different weapons and defensive values between units, you need to be able to look at someone and immediately recognize who they are and what they can do.

Classic TF2 had that. Modern TF2 has lost that. With the sheer variety of loadouts and heaping amounts of superfluous cosmetic items dangling off of people, we've lost that ability to look at someone and recognize exactly what class and loadout they have through the giant purple flames and pile of hats.

Overwatch brings that back. It basically takes that idea of having a ton of different angles on the same class-based fight and distills them back down into a bunch of singular characters who are each highly recognizable.

In modern TF2 you see a heavy. What configuration of his THIRTY FUCKING THREE DIFFERENT WEAPONS does he have? Does he have a spool-up time or not? Can I seize that initiative or do I lose if I stand and fight? Should I hug him or get the fuck away from him? Is this the same heavy loadout I saw earlier in the round or a different one?

In Overwatch you see Roadhog. He has a grappling hook and a shotgun so don't get near him, but if you keep him at a medium range you can style all over him.

Less evaluating, more playing. More action, less reaction.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174287

Also this:

[youtube]_YPGMJBHHDs[/youtube]

>that Junkrat
>that Roadhog
>that Symmetra
>that Tracer
>that Widowmaker ARA ARA
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #174340

An0n3 wrote: Less evaluating, more playing. More action, less reaction.
Completely this, it feels like each character has its strength and weaknesses. You learn them, you play to your strengths, you get your teammates to fill in your weakness.
It also feels very nicely team based, with scores being divide up well for assists, if you do most of the damage but dont get the kill you still get that satisfy "they're dead" mark pop up. Sometimes in a frenzy of fire its hard to tell who even got the "kill".
Teams also work really well with a good selection of roles, each person adding to the mesh. Support roles actually feel useful and can keep a team going further and longer. A tank soaks up stuff and keeps the squishes safe. The squishies use there skills and do the damage whilst relying on everyone else to keep them going.

Also I have to say so far I'm totally in love with Mei, both as a character and a role to play. She can be overwhelmed by pretty much any tank, but her freeze gun is incredibly useful (specially against that fast little bitch tracer).
But pretty much all the characters feel unique and enjoyable to play
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #174366

Was told this would run even on old laptops

Downloaded
Installed
Tutorial and all that

Join quick match
Loading screen says I'll be removed for inactivity if I dont do anything soon
Still loading
Loading screen kicks me back to main menu, removed for inactivity
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174395

Another cool thing about Overwatch is that pretty much every character is really really really god damn cool.

There isn't any character I think is just lame, except maybe Winston, and even he is strong, he just doesn't get a lot of play variety. I like all of these characters and want to play as all of them, even the ones I thought I wouldn't like such as Mei, od damn she is just so low key enthusiastic about everything, and Zyarta, who clearly is a big fuzzy siberian teddybear with a great sense of humor. Seriously, Zyarta's illustrated character portrait is such a poor intro to who she really is as a character.

There definitely are minor power imbalances among characters, but tiers don't seem so insanely important in matches, save Symmetra, and that is just because she is damn hard to use well and people don't realize her turrets are traps, not turrets.

Also, try watching your weapon animations when the match goes slowmo, especially as Torbjorn when you switch your weapon. A lot of detail went into the animations that make everything really pop. Torbjorn's shotgun actually sorta wiggles and pops like a cartoon object coming to a sudden stop when you pull it out.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174398

Yeah everyone has life. They're characters, not just classes. It's got that fighting game aesthetic, creating a lot of personality with just some art, some animations, and some quotes.

>tfw Mercy is in your age-range

We playin' tonight or what? Come on assholes.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174400

An0n3 wrote:We playin' tonight or what? Come on assholes.
Gimme a time. I have to convert it to CEST to know if I even can make it.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174402

No idea. I can start playing whenever. If we get enough people I may end up streaming for funsies if people want to be E CELEB SHITTERS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174404

I can play tonight, probably around 9 EST, but don't wait up for me or hold a spot if someone better/more interesting comes along.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174417

I'm up for it.
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174419

How's like...6pm EST to start?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174421

An0n3 wrote:How's like...6pm EST to start?
Midnight for me, I can make that but I won't be able to talk on mic.
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174422

An0n3 wrote:Also this:

-snip-

>that Junkrat
>that Roadhog
>that Symmetra
>that Tracer
>that Widowmaker ARA ARA
>disgusting jap language

disgusting anon absolutely disgusting

but for real korean voices are much better than japseye shit dick

JUST LISTEN TO ZENNYATA
[youtube]UOkKZT3vgIo[/youtube]
Funny little thing about Zennyata's VA in korean is that he doesn't use honorifics, this implies that he's older than whoever hes addressing whilst in the english VA he sounds really young.
Wanna know why? It's because in Western media monks are portrayed as care free naive don't give two fucks about anything otherwordly kinda characters, whilst in Korea and Asian countries over all monks are seen as wise men who are well travelled, educated and know the fine line between death and life.

Pretty cool tbh.
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Fri May 06, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174423

The fuck is that Koala speak?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174424

나는 셍각한다, 고로 존재한다
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174427

You can't do jackshit against Mei as Reinhardt if nobody on your team is supporting you.
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174430

yeah you can.

Ult if you have it, she's dead.
If not get close enough to guarantee a charge and one shot her. If not hit her once with a hammer, back off and hit her with your E.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174431

I can do 6. I can be our tank or an offense character.
Skorvold wrote:You can't do jackshit against Mei as Reinhardt if nobody on your team is supporting you.
Reinhardt, like most tanks, can't do anything without team support. Roadhog and D.va aren't really tanks so much as super tanky defense and offense characters respectively.

That, and the game doesn't have super heavy character specific counters for the most part. Mei can't safely close to you and can't do anything about your shield at range, meaning a good Reinhardt can make her a dead player if he knows the map. If you stay aware of where she is you kill her, if not she wins.
Last edited by dezzmont on Fri May 06, 2016 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174432

>back off
Truly you must be playing a different game, where you can move at all when Mei is within 5 feet of you.
Spoiler:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174433

Yeah. That said if you are aware of Mei as reinhart you twoshot her with a hammer before she freezes you.

Like the pyro, she is all about superior map awareness.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174437

Also, most people seem to be unaware you can push the fuckin' cart back.
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174438

Skorvold wrote:>back off
Truly you must be playing a different game, where you can move at all when Mei is within 5 feet of you.
>hold right mouse button, you can spin around as fast as she moves around you
>if she gets too close whack her with a hammer
>if she doesn't, press e and shift in quick succession
>if this hits (which it will if you're good) she's dead
>if it doesn't hold right mouse button and repeat when your cooldowns are back up.

You have a 2000 health shield that recharges quickly as hell when you have it down. Everytime she reloads drop the shield and try and smack her.
All in all, get good basically.

Also you don't get slowed if you have your shield up apart from the self slow.
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174439

You do get slowed with your shield up. Her primary fire goes right through it.
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #174442

Pretty sure the damage doesn't.

I thought the slow didn't because you move at crawl speed anyway.

Anyway it doesn't really matter though because E and charge kills her so just do that she's pretty slow herself (and also BIG BONED but dont tell anyone i said that....)
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174444

Skorvold wrote:You do get slowed with your shield up. Her primary fire goes right through it.
Trust me, it doesn't, and I wish it did.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174459

So who is on for tonight at 6pm EST?

DIBS ON MERCY

Wait if everyone goes Mercy and buffs one of us, who then uses the pistol to shoot people, will that just annihilate whoever gets shot by it or is there a cap on how much +atk buff you can receive?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174460

I'm up for it, if you'll have me.
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #174462

If there's space for me I'll be fat.

Also I'll play Roadhog.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #174465

Skorvold wrote:I'm up for it, if you'll have me.
I haven't been an admin in over a year.
My days of telling people they can't play video games are long over.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #174468

I main Lucio, Mei, D.Va and Notsoldier (as far as you can speak of mains at this point) so I'll just go whichever one we need the most.

For the love of God don't put me on sniper duty. I cannot fucking snipe. I could not fucking snipe in TF2 and I cannot fucking snipe in this game.
Spoiler:
Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #174471

An0n3 wrote:
Skorvold wrote:I'm up for it, if you'll have me.
I haven't been an admin in over a year.
My days of telling people they can't play video games are long over.
Hey man, you never know, what if you developed sudden dislike for me?
Anyway, dibs on fuckin' Reinhardt, gotta get that tank action.
Spoiler:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #174502

I am acceptable as a sniper, and am rather good on offense, so I don't mind stepping back and letting others tank.