mount and blade / warband

Talk about video games here
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

mount and blade / warband

Post by Deitus » #132355

so i recently got this and a lot of people say its good, what are some of the absolutely needed mods? gameplay improvements etc

if i was looking for an optimal experience i'd say something where i can be anything from a tyrant of a continent to running a small farm with a family and having to hunt for food sometimes or maybe stave off the odd bandit group. any mods like that? what mods do you suggest/have fun with?

general discussion on the mount & blade franchise.
Smoopadoop
Byond Username: Smoopadoop

Re: mount and blade / warband

Post by Smoopadoop » #132366

i've never played it with mods, its just that good
Mains:
David Bellic the Scientist (usually)
Guy Fieri the Cook (not anymore)
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #132367

im good at multiplayer and everyone else is bad

challenge me and you too may win the throne of most robust at dueling
crack is whack but smacks got your back
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #132374

It's a really fun game to play singleplayer, it used to be my go to game to play whenever my internet would go down for prolonged periods of time, I installed the GoT mod at one point, and it was aight.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #132381

The Floris modpack, or something like that, is pretty good.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #132382

ColonicAcid wrote:im good at multiplayer and everyone else is bad

challenge me and you too may win the throne of most robust at dueling
I mean, if you want. I mostly play cRPG so if you want to native duel you might have a slight edge.
~lighter than Aire~
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #132384

i used to play crpg for years
i remember the xp barns
i remember the shitty xp/gold system and multiplier changes... i dunno why i still played even more years after that, it literally ruined the game.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #132386

Mister_Doc wrote:The Floris modpack, or something like that, is pretty good.
i downloaded the floris pack, what else is good?
Duncdar
Byond Username: Duncdar

Post by Duncdar » #132415

Floris is perhaps the best overhaul that still is set in the current period of Calradia. Nova Aetas is the prettiest of any mod, with absolutely beautiful, massive scenes.

The clear winner on unique mechanics with a fantastic campaign and story is Prophesy of Pendor, which does a lot of things right but may prove to be difficult for new players.

Some mods might be fun for one-offs. Red Wars is fun for a couple hours, as are some of the other gun mods. None of ASOIAF are particularly good in my opinion, though ACOK might be worth a look if it suits your interest. My all time personal favorite is the Eagle and the Radiant Cross, primarily because I've followed it since its development in the original Mount & Blade. It hasn't been updated forever, but if you ever find yourself going back a few versions to 1.134 it's well worth it.
~lighter than Aire~
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #132424

Floris is best for a vanilla experience, prophecy of pendor is a massive overhaul that is really well done with tons of cool features, but the early game is tricky. I have been playing war sword conquest, a warhammer fantasy mod. Has nice sprites and a ton of teams
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #132430

Pendor is for experienced players, really. The enemy armies grow REALLY quickly so you need to be able to build up insanely fast at the start to avoid being left behind.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #132476

I like Phantasy and Gekokujo.

Phantasy is fantasy-bullshit. It's kinda shoddily slapped together, but on the other hand you get zombie badguys, priests that occasionally shit out Turn Undead, and mobs of mages that vomit fireballs and shotgun-magic-missiles, so that's kinda neato.

Gekokujo is a WEEB mod. It puts you into Warring States Japan. Everyone has basically the same troops - rifle guys, bow guys, spear guys, horse guys, more or less - and then there are like loads of regional bandits and stuff, plus warrior monks. Make sure to swap the music for hilarious Touhou rock instead of the boring as fuck generic Japanese music.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #132479

Colonic you scrub bitch I'll have you know I've personally lead over 400 crusades for the US government and the entire arsenal of the Rennaissance is at my disposal
Spoiler:
I've played some Mountain Blade but not as much as others. I DID play a fuckton of War of the Roses though. For whatever that's worth.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #135220

Gekokujo and Roma Bellum are fun piece period mods, Japan isn't really my thing but Gekokujo is (relatively) polished and also the lack of shields actually makes it pretty interesting. Gekokujo is probably the best mod out there. L'Angle is another mod that looks like it might be as good as Gekokujo set in the 1800's but isn't finished yet. Both have the freelancer system (L'Angle doesn't yet, you just automatically become a lord as a placeholder if you enlist), so in the early game you can get experience and cash by enlisting as a common soldier and getting to experience large battles and steady cash flow right off the start rather than training up a bunch of troops and then going broke trying to pay enough of them to rival the vassal's armies.