doter 2 WHILST MVP DID NOT WIN THE MAJOR THEY WON OUR HEARTS

Talk about video games here
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: doter 2 WHILST MVP DID NOT WIN THE MAJOR THEY WON OUR HE

Post by captain sawrge » #292474

Bottom post of the previous page:

It's a little discouraging that I've sat in sub 2k for so long is all. Even if I was 2k I think I'd be more satisfied.

I have always played support and it's only recently I've been playing more core and I already feel way more confident in position 3 than I have in like two years of playing 4/5
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #292484

sounds a bit like me in that regard.

The most important thing that's a bit of a drawn out and stale meme at this point that you have to understand before even trying to climb is that you are always the only constant and the game is always you+4 retards vs 5 retards, which almost always tilts the game in your favour by having less retards on your team except for a small minority of games and why boosters can always get a 90+% winrate on most sub 4k players to 5-6k. Juice's experiments back in early 2013 prove why this is the case. A lack of games obviouly would make ranking up harder but would reduce the number of games you'd have to play significantly to rank up http://archive.playdota.com/threads/im- ... t.1398477/

I'd personally suggest spamming alch mid against everything except maybe sf and ursa, and playing lina or sf against those heroes

tbh though in this patch supports are still pretty good at gaining mmr but only """supports""" in the sense of a monkey king/spirit breaker/riki/mirana roam or someone who transitions into a carry later in the game while also earning your team a lot of good early kills are reliable on it.

if you want to get better the best suggestion that helped me was understanding creep equilibrium, lasthitting, the fotm cancer hero metas, and item timings/positioning/reason for getting an item.

Ignoring random pub players at any bracket that's like sub 5k is smart too generally but taking feedback about different things you can do wont hurt, muting randoms at that skill bracket is also smart to avoid bad advice. Hilariously the difference in playstyles between 2k and 4k is no different past some map awareness, drafting, understanding some limitations and strengths of the heroes, and better understanding of some core game mechanics 90% of the time. The most hilarious thing about 4k games is that the best skill you can learn is being a positive and nice person to prevent your teammates from raging tilting and feeding as a majority of players at that bracket turn into fucking babies or pro wannabes over the game who will autistically focus all their rage at one player despite them throwing the game.

Understanding that sky rapes face earlygame and can get free kills, CM can easily farm both large camp creeps for an early level 3 before the offlaner even hits level 2-3, enigma farm rotations for a 6 minute blink, items like force staff counters a clockwork and that hurricane pike turned clock from "ranged hero/drow counter" into "countered by drow at the 18-20 minute mark", Antimage beating his counters like orchid or silences if he isn't garbage at farming by 22 minutes on average latest thanks to manta, ursa aghanims is the best way to counteract heroes with unpurgable bkb piercing stuns like axe and magnus without dying, Morphling gets dumpstered harder by silences than stuns thanks to being unable to morph strength while also being unable to escape or that orb of venom counters TA by shredding her refraction while also getting that extra 20-40 cs will skyrocket your winrate to absurd ratios in lower skilled games by giving you bigger and bigger leads. This continues by slowly edging you out in every fight with a constant 5-10k+ gold lead over everyone else in that game for an extra item or two, and understanding the time or even when you can potentially end the game is a huge fault of lower skill brackets too which causes game timers to be higher than they should be in lower skill brackets which can cause losses to heroes like spectre or medusa.

as autistic as it is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeo_5M ... TYvZHqEDrQ relax you're fine is helpful for learning the more intricate game mechanics and the child channels that branch off of it are great. Especially tsunami thanks to his generalized "How to [role]" guides

you'll never learn without playing and losing to get applied knowledge of strengths/weaknesses/interactions of the 100+ hero pool, and without focusing on one hero you wont be able to play it to its true potential unfortunately which may not be a bad thing anyways. For reference, even if you have 5000 games, evenly splitting that across the 113 and growing hero pool count ends up giving you 44 games on each hero at most which isn't enough to truly match up to the 8k+ hero spammers

tfw realise the truth that i'm a fucking dogshit player who has awful positioning/reactions/map awareness to shit which accounts for almost all of my losses and why i cant play supports as effectively as i play core
Karp

Post by Karp » #308787

Holy shit a lot of stuff has happened since i last posted in this thread

https://www.dota2.com/706

denies give the team that denies 30% of the xp, but increases the xp the enemy gains to 70%. Shrines were nerfed so that they can't be used until the 5 minute mark, both in and outside of your base

sven's ult is a flat strength gain while reducing the % gain, early to midgame this is like a 50 or 80 damage increase and only in extreme lategame scenarios does it start to even out

Creep camps stack every minute rather than every odd minute, but give 20% less gold and experience

Respawn talents are changed, and the most significant respawn talent changes are warlock's change, which drops his ult on him when he dies

it stuns people yes

There are literally no UAMs left now too I think outside of skill UAMs, as desolator lost that status. Morbid mask blight stone ursa stacking is viable and strong as fugg

Sven had a 60 or 70% winrate due to stacking, troll had a retardedly good winrate too due to sny and MoM buffs, and mask of madness building out of the side shop now with a quarter staff and morbid mask, some other neat item changes like mangos building into soul rings, urn builds out of raindrops, and solar crest giving accuracy rather than evasion when attacking a target so it doesn't completely rape carries

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Version_7.06b

Nerfed them slightly

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Version_7.06c

Tweaks a fuckload of heroes around

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Version_7.06d

Nerfs cm into a snail and tweaks other heroes around again

NOW

SILTBREAKER

http://blog.dota2.com/2017/06/exclusive ... ker-act-i/

ITS OUT

EVERY BOSS/MOB HAS A CHANCE TO DROP AN ARTIFACT RARELY THAT YOU CAN USE IN THE CAMPAIGN IN FUTURE PLAYTHROUGHS AND IS BOUND TO YOUR STEAM INVENTORY

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Siltbreaker/Act_I#Artifacts SPOILER WARNING IT REVEALS BOSSES/AREAS

3 STARRING AN AREA GIVES YOU 1 CHEST, OR 2 IF YOUR COMPENDIUM IS ABOVE LEVEL 168

Every enemy has 50%-90% physical resist by virtue of their armor

physical damage is literally unusable until you've collected a few of the artifacts

easiest siltbreaker clear i can give is

https://www.opendota.com/matches/3237461856/overview

You drop a macropyre on a boss, then you veil of discord them to amp that sick damage

because without artifacts every fuckign boss has 50-90 armor and 5k-90k hp

the final boss of the first act also heals 25 hp/sec while being at 90k hp with 50 armor and a shivas+linkens

big dotes shit
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #325992

eg sucks lol
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #326018

valve does a thing
CosmicScientist wrote:I don't know why they're making a character short like this. They could just get the source film maker community to do all the work for them anyway.
valve lets the community do a thing
fucking valve doesn't make anything anymore they just let the community do it all for them
honk
Limey wrote:its too late.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #326035

the new vid looked cool imo. it wasnt as cool as underlord just jumping out in the ti(5?) all star game but it was nice that they actually announced two new heroes and they both seem cool
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #352233

i don't play this but dueling fates is out

is that important
Limey wrote:its too late.
Karp

Post by Karp » #352236

http://www.dota2.com/duelingfates

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS PATCH I DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING ANYMORE AND THE PATCHNOTES ARE OUT QBOPPLER
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #352253

its league now
Karp

Post by Karp » #352374

The wisp loops broken it reminds me of visage where if you get 6 you can rape people as a support
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #352690

Can't wait to play wisp mid and abuse all these new stuff
Karp

Post by Karp » #356988

I enjoy the patch, no more shrines at spawn and the increased creep gold has actually shifted the meta away from mid being the strongest lane and offlaners winning and raping the safelane if the safelaner made a single mistake. Genuinely feels like you can makehuge comebacks, though storm with kaya is a bit broken aid with a CM he becomes absurdly broken, new bloodstone base charges and regen reworks end up benefitting storm heavily at the end of the day. Pangolier is a fun offlaner but he cant contest like a tide or legion can.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: doter 2 WHILST MVP DID NOT WIN THE MAJOR THEY WON OUR HEARTS

Post by Deitus » #390226

>why is everyone suddenly talking about DotA agai--
>Oh no
>Oh no no no
*INHALES*
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #390336

I'm glad I stopped playing this game mere 1100 hours in.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #391358

P sure I have <300 hours, git gud boyos
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #394987

fuck all these dumb boob ladies invoker is the hottest character in this game
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #395367

PATCH DAY BOYS
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #395373

i hope outworld dies irl soon i dont like him stealing my int
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #395741

CosmicScientist wrote:
SpaceInaba wrote:i hope outworld dies irl soon i dont like him stealing my int
Silencer.
silencer has to kill me for that to work and by the time he sees me he's already in a tornado with an emp on the ground and a meteor about to smash his face in as I mash q to throw cold snap on him
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Karp

Post by Karp » #396245

pick a hero who doesnt lose lane and wins game like visage or sf retard

he's one of the weakest laners in the game and collapses when you have a decent team that can pressure him
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #455609

the day of the attackspeed has begun
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #455668

Help im being melted by DPS.

Though at the minute im trying to think of ways to give Undying centaur-like monsterous health benefits with the new patch that adds 1400 health ontop of magic damage Ult, but has removed the health you get from enemies dying around you.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #456916

Nevermind, Kotl semi carry?/uber support is the way to go, i've not lost a game since the rework.

KOTL has had ultimate & mana drain removed and swapped out for another nuke (that displacement spell that makes enemies miss when ult was on pre-patch) + 200 damage and a large AOE ultimate that distracts people (which also great for fountain camping)
  • The way to play this KOTL is to join a team of heroes with abilities (Ogre magi, all the spirits *earth fire & storm, sven) who aren't very right clicky even if they have a lot of right click damage potential, and spam chakra to lower their cooldowns after they have cast their abilities.
Where im going with this is that abilities with a cooldown of (7) at level 4 chakra magic will be reduced by 5 to 2 on casting upon a ally or yourself or if you wait a little immediately ready. Including your own illumination wave which can be chakked for no mana cost since that was removed.

If you play with someone like Riki or sniper for instance you'll be wasted as they have barely any abilities that aren't quick already to alter.

Spoiler:
UltimateGamer21
Byond Username: Catnapearwigs

Post by UltimateGamer21 » #456918

CosmicScientist wrote:Undying used to get health when enemies died nearby? I was going to knee jerk against the change but I realised they're just removing code that never executed...
He did when ulted and it made you basically unkillable
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #456926

i am confident my boy abaddon just got trashed by the rework
as a pos3 offlaner his core value is being a peerless skirmisher who can take down a single target under any reasonable circumstance and still survive the outcome
but unfortunately he has lost so many net stats and chasing power in exchange for this dumb silence
heres some raw stats (lvl 1)
prepatch: 8% slow, 15% movespeed buff, 10 attackspeed
7.20: 10% slow... after 4 hits, 4 second silence, 30% slow, 40 attackspeed
as you can see, its much more valuable after 4 hits but less generally useful (debuff can be purged by any dispel and does not pierce spell immunity now)
not to mention you've lost the 15% movespeed buff that previously benefited allies and the attackspeed kicks in AFTER you'd want it (an attack quantity-based activation)

4 hits for a hero who innately does not get any attackspeed and doesnt build very much of it even in the most core of builds (SnY & echosabre... maybe eats a moonshard super late in the game) lends himself to being shat on by escape spells and hard cc even though ironically this rework seems to be intended to make him less weak against said things. at least previously you hardcore fucked people up who had no innate hard-escape.
not to mention the indirect nerf of maim being removed in exchange for the most useless stat on abaddon (guy who deletes every debuff in the game on demand and any non-hard cc with the use of a basic ability) and the removal of his level 25 core-oriented talent.
i dont even know why the fuck im posting this but im unhappy
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #457174

I heard exactly the opposite, you can open with fast attack speed & a abyssal blade stun/shadowblade for a guranteed silence while engaged. Abbadon being a godly offlaner at the moment, too tanky to kill, ult pops and he goes back to full pretty much or gets away scott free.

Spoiler: