Rainbow 6: Spanish Party Time

Talk about video games here
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Rainbow 6: Spanish Party Time

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137889

The next DLC, Operation Velvet Shell, will be released February 7th. It features the following.

- 2 Spanish CTU operators
- Spanish Nightclub/Villa map called Coastline

The Attacking op is named Jackal. He has an Assault rifle or SMG as a primary, and a Pistol or Shotgun as a secondary. His ability is a lamp on his head that shows footsteps.

The Defending op is named Mira. She has the .45 Vector SMG and ITA12L as primaries, and the ITA12S or USP for her secondary. Her ability is to plant a rectangular device on a wall and, when activated, it makes a hole in the wall and inserts bulletproof glass. This lets the defending team see through the reinforced wall.

[youtube]-mWLAlT7sfo[/youtube]
[youtube]NfAWNNMBrCU[/youtube]
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:46 pm, edited 13 times in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Re: Rainbow 6: Swat 4 Edition

Post by Cik » #137894

if you want to play rainbow six why not just play raven shield

it's actually a rainbow six game for one
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #137895

Because this one is fun too.

Also Vegas 2 > Raven.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #138005

Played the shit out of Rogue Spear when I was little. Also played a bit in the open beta for Siege, was pretty fun. Got the game for free since I recently got a Geforce 970 and Nvidia's giving away copies of either Siege or Assassin's Creed Syndicate to those who buy one.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #138011

I wonder if they'll ever make a real SWAT 4 spiritual sequel. I've heard this game was awesome and all that because it balances realism with action well, but SWAT 4 managed to both feel very "realistic" while still being fun (versus rage inducing, like ARMA).
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #138197

From my experience in pvp on Siege, the action is usually either short and intense or drawn out and stressful. It's easy to die, especially since you can shoot through most floors and walls, so you have to coordinate breaches while also dealing with traps and ambushes. You also have to be quiet when prepping a breach or you make a lot of noise.

It got a 90 on PCGamer and I feel that's about right.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #144591

Bumping. People want to play this together. We need to coordinate some shit in the teamspeak.

EDIT: Damn bruhs we operated hard. RC Pro Am up in this bitch.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144640

Cuck'ed by Sticky

[youtube]82j6QdnPbtY[/youtube]

EDIT:

Goddamn this game is so good. We need to spend some time in Terrorist Hunt just practicing working together against idiotic AI's. I played around with a few characters solo to see what their strengths and weaknesses are. You can roughly categorize characters into a few groups

1.) Enforcers
Big beefy dudes who can stand their ground on defense or apply pressure to the enemy on attack. On Attack that means guys with shields like Montagne, Fuze, or Blitz. On Defense it means guys who toughen up the team or their defenses like Castle, Rook, or Tachanka. While they don't enable the team to do anything outside of the ordinary, they make the ordinary a lot easier to accomplish and that's worth a lot. It's important to note on attack that these guys can often get things like smoke and flash grenades for fucking with the enemy team, and that's invaluable. Also you can vault over certain obstacles with your shield still up, and that's amazingly useful for getting in on someone.

2.) Spotters
The eyes, ears, and de-facto leaders of the group. On offense just finding where the other team is hiding their shit can be a challenge in and of itself. On defense, identifying the angle the opposing team is trying to approach from helps keep awareness up. These guys are a bit more different person-to-person than enforcers but their overall goal is pretty similar: keep everyone informed. On Attack IQ and Twitch have resources to accomplish this, while on Defense the only person who can really do anything here is Pulse. Unlike Enforcers your team can have too many of them, so it's important to coordinate with others not to pick too many of these guys at once. While they're great for finding the other team they aren't as good at putting them down as some of the other roles.

3.) Breachers (Attack Only)
We put holes in things. Buildings mostly. Defenders sometimes too. Ash, Sledge and Thermite both have different approaches to getting through the defenders stuff. Sledge is a rush character, able to demolish smaller barricades and put large holes in walls in one hit from his namesake hammer. Thermite is a tactical character who is able to breach through reinforced walls the defenders thought were secured. Sledge goes fast but the hole he makes is a dead giveaway that he is nearby. Thermite's charges are very obvious when used and take a second to actually detonate, but he can set them off remotely. Ash fires a grenade into a barricade that blows up a moment later, which is sort-of an inbetween the two. The team definitely benefits from having one of these guys around, but they trend towards different tactics. Definitely have one on deck, but probably not more than one. They can conveniently free up room for the other players to stop toting around breaching charges and use more offensive items like grenades instead, but that means sacrificing the ability to breach into a room from multiple angles at once. Talking over how you guys want to approach an objective before you pick characters and doling out who is taking what kinds of charges is very important and, if you like playing as these kinds of guys, a conversation you should be having with the other players.

4.) Sappers (Defense Only)
Traps, traps, and more traps. Barbed wire already sucks to crawl through, but having some jerk hook a car battery up to it can be lethal. Bandit, Kapkan, and Smoke all come packing deployable objects designed to incapacitate attackers who stumble into them. Kapkan drops tripwire mines, Smoke has poisonous gas, and Bandit hooks the aforementioned batteries into different objects putting a current through them that damages enemies while they're in contact. Of the three I think Bandit deserves special mention for his ability to turn reinforced barricades and other metal bits into hotzones. It especially sucks when you're trying to put a breaching charge down as Thermite and getting zapped the entire time because Bandit dropped a battery on the other side of the wall. The mileage of all three may vary a lot depending on who you're playing against and how experienced they are. The signs of their traps are all somewhat obvious if you know what to look for so if your enemy has time to investigate before approaching none of these guys will really accomplish much. Keep that in mind, your traps alone aren't going to be enough to kill anyone who isn't idiotically stumbling into them, you'll have to place them so you can distract and drive the enemy into them.

5.) Builders (Defense Only)
A very narrow and weird group that deploys objects designed to indirectly make your lives easier. Jager deploys a defensive drone on a surface that detects and shoots any incoming grenades before they can detonate, making a room semi grenade proof. Mute deploys a sensor jamming package that stops enemy spy drones in their tracks and prevents remotely detonated explosives from functioning. While that may not sound immediately useful, both can be pretty handy to have and really interfere with the attackers plans when used right. Someone thinking they're going to flashbang a room and then rush in is going to get rekt when they run in after a grenade that never went off. Smart placement of Mute's jammers can protect reinforced walls from Thermite's charges, stop the initial drone rush from finding the objective, or keep Twitch's beepsky drone from getting to you.

6.) Rando's
The award for too unique to categorize goes to Thatcher and Glaz on Attack plus Doc on Defense. Thatcher is a saboteur who throws EMP grenades to disable booby traps or gadgets the defending Sappers and Builders have placed. Thatcher is the scissor to Mute's paper covering Thermite's rock...if that makes any sense. Glaz is a sniper and incredibly situational for the team. On some maps he may come in very handy, on some maps he's completely worthless. On close-quarters maps his plan B involves infiltrating the objective with silenced weapons (you DID buy the silencers for him, right? If not he's totally fucked). He doesn't have any special tools to really accomplish this though. Pay attention to the map you're on before you pick him, and check to make sure the team isn't missing some critical piece of the puzzle too. Doc is a medic who can pick people up off the ground with his syringe gun from a distance. The problem with that is most of the time people just die immediately, and those that don't survive just a moment longer to get part two of the double-tap experience while they're bleeding out on the floor. He's probably the most useless guy in the game overall IMO.

So all in all we get:

High-tier
IQ, Thermite, Fuze, Blitz, Castle, Mute, Pulse, Rook

Mid-tier
Sledge, Thatcher, Twitch, Bandit, Jager, Kapkan, Smoke

Low-tier
Ash, Glaz, Montagne, Tachanka

Shit-tier
Doc

You-need-to-stop-and-unlock-more-shit-tier
Recruit
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #144661

Holy shit I'm tired this morning, but last night was actually real fun. Its nice to see a team FPS game that does work really well as a team game. Of course like most of these games you can go off and loan wolf and sometimes it'll work, but nothing feels as bad ass as breaking through the windows at the same time with your buddies.

Each team movement or kill actually feels pretty fun and theres so many different meta's and combination to the game I suspect it'll feel fresh down the line.

My only real negative is some maps are just too large and some defend locations are just insanely hard and open. It could definitely do with some small house maps like the only Rainbow 6 games.

EDIT: Vroooooooooooooom
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #144666

So looking into my favorite dude Glaz I'm thinking he's at least mid tier with cooperation.

The trick seems to be using his fucking insane penetration (One hit kill shots go through anything except reinforced walls. If castle puts up armor plating doors you can shoot through and they can't even shoot back) and a second person (Twitch would probably be best) as a drone spotter to help secure kills from a distance or through walls. He's essentially an ideal anti corner camping solution as well as capable of taking out enemy roamers more effectively than anyone else.

Also headshots make my dick hard.

Oh and smoke is underrated as fuck. He's fast as fuck, his smokes force repositioning and can kill on direct hit but the main thing is his smg is easily one of the top 2 or 3 weapons in the game making him an excellent roamer.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #144672

crack is whack but smacks got your back
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #144674

>IQ
>Pulse
>high tier

Her special is very situational and is not as useful as other picks. Her guns are good but she dies easy.

Pulse is even worse as his sensor only works in extremely close range. Usually you will hear the enemy before they even come in range.

>Thatcher
>med tier

His emp grenades work through walls. They destroy all of the defenders electronic gadgets easily. He's top tier in meta.

a correct post by pillz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #144684

Is Twitch any good?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #144698

DrPillzRedux wrote:diffusing bombs,
please
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #144701

Two canadian Ops come out February 2. Pics released of them and two American ops. That leaves only the Brazilian and Japanese ops being unknown still.

One of the Canadians has an undermounted barrel attachment. Huh.

a correct post by pillz
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #144707

420weedscopes wrote:
DrPillzRedux wrote:diffusing bombs,
please
What kind reaction are you trying to sikh with that image?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #144714

VROOM VROOOOOOOOOOMMMMM
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #144717

perfect picture of me playing this game

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144730

Zilenan91 wrote:Is Twitch any good?
Twitch's special ability summons Beepsky.

Like seriously. It's a little drone that rolls around on the ground tasering the shit out of people. She's good.
DrPillzRedux wrote:>IQ
>Pulse
>high tier

Her special is very situational and is not as useful as other picks. Her guns are good but she dies easy.

Pulse is even worse as his sensor only works in extremely close range. Usually you will hear the enemy before they even come in range.

>Thatcher
>med tier

His emp grenades work through walls. They destroy all of the defenders electronic gadgets easily. He's top tier in meta.

Thatcher's ability doesn't do anything if your opponents aren't using those devices. Against barricades, reinforced barriers, and barbed wire he's essentially just another Recruit. When his ability does work it's great though, so I could see bumping him up to high-tier.

IQ is high-tier because she ensures you'll waste the minimum amount of time locating the other team or objectives if you screw up the initial scout phase. Her ability locates enemy gear, which you can use to infer where the enemy is holed up. If you use a few seconds before you start blowing holes in walls she can help identify a route that is free from booby traps and C4 charges. She also has great guns. That 556 is top-tier. Once the bullets start flying and shit gets going she drops in usefulness but the intel she brings to that pre-planning is unrivaled.

Pulse prevents the attackers from going in quiet. You can't stealthily try to breach two walls at once when he's wandering around. He's also really fucking good at being an aggressive defender, taking silenced weapons and going out to prowl around and kill attackers unaware. That alone is top-tier.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #144737

Thatcher/Thermite/Fuze/Blitz/Sledge is the current meta comp for attackers. Thatcher gets rid of electric walls and jammers so Thermite can breach. Fuze does his thing with his balls and LMG. Blitz and Sledge push in from another angle while Thermite/Thatcher/Fuze keep them busy at the front.

Glaz is top tier too. His ability to one shot so easily and the clarity of his scope make it so that he can view inside a room from a distance and get the drop on corner cowards, or backup a shield for that easy distraction kill. Can shoot through the windows on the plane too.

a correct post by pillz
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #144778

I thought Glaz would be really out of place in a game where so much of the combat is fast-paced close quarters.

Super fun game. Shame i completely suck at twitch shooters. People always get me before i get them =(
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #144805

Latency in this is clutch. Playing with everyone in Europe I'm usually stuck at like 120+ms and getting rekt.

Lots of times where we trade headshots and I die but they don't. Lots of killcams showing me getting killed around corners while playing footsie with opponents.

Such is life in America.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to mention I/we got accused of wallhacking because I stood around protecting Amcom while he used a drone and a dude walked by so I shot him in the face. Angry Russian man says I must be reported.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #144955

That fucking video that plays when you unlock Blitz.

Are all of them this funny?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #144986

Pretty much yeah

I have to think they're that cringeworthy on purpose I fucking love them.
Alex Crimson wrote:I thought Glaz would be really out of place in a game where so much of the combat is fast-paced close quarters.

Super fun game. Shame i completely suck at twitch shooters. People always get me before i get them =(
Glaze is the best operator in the game let no one convince you otherwise
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #144996

>Uplay
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #144997

buy me rainbow six siege
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #145034

How many antag tokens is it worth to you
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145040

Name your price
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145041

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Name your price
TechnoAlchemist wrote:I'm a girl.
You know the price.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #145043

Perhaps now is the time to establish a USD to Antag Token conversion ratio.
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145046

An0n3 wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:Name your price
TechnoAlchemist wrote:I'm a girl.
You know the price.
Will post feet
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145048

Add me on steam to discuss ironic bribes
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145050

TechnoAlchemist wrote: Will post feet
feet first into a woodchipper I hope

fuck up outta here
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145051

Fook
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #145061

Why do the gun chamos cost so much and look so stupid?
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #145063

As long as there is something to unlock people will have something to work for
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #145283

It always takes so long to find a terrorist hunt game.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #145286

Multiplayer is just way bwtter than T hunt.

a correct post by pillz
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #145300

Why would you even play Terrorist Hunt? I mean, maybe if you are in a group with friends. Random games though? Just do proper PvP. TH isnt even great for practice, as the AI reacts quite slow compared to players.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #145304

Alex Crimson wrote:Why would you even play Terrorist Hunt? I mean, maybe if you are in a group with friends. Random games though? Just do proper PvP. TH isnt even great for practice, as the AI reacts quite slow compared to players.
play realistic
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145307

T Hunt can teach a group basic coordination. If you can't beat T hunt realistic you probably don't stand a chance in multiplayer. Not because they're similar in mechanics but because you have to work together to do both.

You can lose TvT for a lot of reasons.
If you lose THunt its probably because you weren't working together.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #145384

I'm cool with operating sometime
I'm a bit scrubby but that's what playing with people you kind of know is for

Steam link thingy:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198013255659
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145625

>tfw you have a better win/loss rate with silent pubbies than your /tg/ bro's
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #145626

yeah uh same tbh...

i win game after game on my own.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145628

POST UR UNLOCKS FAGULAS

Attackers:

Thatcher, Thermite, Montagne, Fuze (upgraded), IQ (upgraded)

Defenders:

Mute (upgraded), Pulse (upgraded), Rook, Kapkan (upgraded), Bandit

We can start figuring out who should be who and working together a little better.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #145639

Attackers:
Sledge (Upgraded), Fuze, Blitz

Defenders:
Pulse, Rook (Upgraded), Tanchanka, Bandit (Upgraded)
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #145641

I think I had a dream about rapelling and unded up upside down in my bed.
An0n3 wrote:>tfw you have a better win/loss rate with silent pubbies than your /tg/ bro's
Same. And I had the same problem in dota2. Matchmaking would throw a bunch of drunk idiots (us) vs coordinates premades.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145645

I discovered the true joy of Kapkan today.

You run way out of your initial defense point and put the booby traps down on the external barriers people always rush through when the map starts.

Nets at least one kill every round. Some idiot just smashes a slit out to peek through, sees nobody waiting for an immediate ambush, and Kool-Aid's through the rest of the barrier getting exploded.

The cellphone C4 bomb is fucking great when you put it really high on the inside of a barrier while defending. When you see some idiot running up to the barrier to get a peek through it or to tear it down you just detonate it and kill him. No chance for them to do shit about it.

Shit like this is why I like IQ so much. She spots all this crap.

Also today I learned you can lean to the side while prone. I had no idea. In proper spots this makes you impossible to hit. I also learned Montagne isn't anywhere near as shitty as I thought he was, as his ability to just distract the fuck out of the other team while your dudes flank is top-tier. Standing with the shield deployed covers you completely. Nobody can shoot your ankles or elbows or whatever. His downside is he has no access to breaching charges whatsoever.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #145648

Yeah i love Kapkan. Shame the setup time isnt long enough to cover the whole map and plant all 3 of your traps. Really wish they would increase the starting timer by 30 seconds.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145663

Yeah I've found the best approach is to just pick some facing and trap every window/door on it, then run back to your defense point, throw a barricade over a doorway, and plant your nitro charge on it.

Some dimwit will attempt to bumrush through one of those windows or doors and get exploded.
Thing 2 will eventually rush up to your barricade and get turned into a fine red mist as he goes to elbow a hole in it.

The important part of the setup is to NOT put your traps too close to the area you're guarding with Kapkan, as your opponents awareness will increase the closer they get to the objective (they slow down, start paying more attention) and make that shit more noticeable. Also those things can kill nearby friendlies when they go off.

Ideally you want your traps on the first door the attackers will be going through, where they have the least caution and are trying to go the fastest.

I've been experimenting some more with Bandit's charges and I'm still not satisfied with any approach but wiring up the reinforced barriers to zap the shit out of Thermite if he tries to get in. I'm not 100% but it seems like they conduct the electricity between them if they're adjacent. If we reinforced three sections of wall and I hook a battery up to the middle section, it appears that all three walls become shocked. This also fries any enemies who brush up against them, which is neat.

The obvious use for his batteries is to clamp them on to barbed wire, and that's not terrible because it will also kill any drones that try to roll through. The problem is that it's so damn obvious to attackers and the batteries themselves are so easy to plink at and get rid of compared to the barbed wire itself which just needs to be melee'd. It seems to me like going that route turns you into a ghetto Mute anti-drone configuration though.

Speaking of: barbed wire doesn't do damage to people. Stop using it like it does. It's a speed trap. Stop dropping it just inside of a doorway or behind a barrier. That's useless. You want to put it in the middle of a hallway to create a really shitty tarpit the opponents have to slog through. Some place that you will have no cover if you get stuck standing in, but have to move through. Think of it like tower-defense shit, find a good spot for all the incoming creeps to get slowed down and drop the wire there. Stop putting it in the threshold of doorways. Stop putting it on the ground in front of a window. Start putting it randomly in the middle of a high-traffic room. The middle of a long hallway. Shit like that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: