Rainbow 6: Spanish Party Time

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Rainbow 6: Swat 4 Edition

Post by Timbrewolf » #145663

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yeah I've found the best approach is to just pick some facing and trap every window/door on it, then run back to your defense point, throw a barricade over a doorway, and plant your nitro charge on it.

Some dimwit will attempt to bumrush through one of those windows or doors and get exploded.
Thing 2 will eventually rush up to your barricade and get turned into a fine red mist as he goes to elbow a hole in it.

The important part of the setup is to NOT put your traps too close to the area you're guarding with Kapkan, as your opponents awareness will increase the closer they get to the objective (they slow down, start paying more attention) and make that shit more noticeable. Also those things can kill nearby friendlies when they go off.

Ideally you want your traps on the first door the attackers will be going through, where they have the least caution and are trying to go the fastest.

I've been experimenting some more with Bandit's charges and I'm still not satisfied with any approach but wiring up the reinforced barriers to zap the shit out of Thermite if he tries to get in. I'm not 100% but it seems like they conduct the electricity between them if they're adjacent. If we reinforced three sections of wall and I hook a battery up to the middle section, it appears that all three walls become shocked. This also fries any enemies who brush up against them, which is neat.

The obvious use for his batteries is to clamp them on to barbed wire, and that's not terrible because it will also kill any drones that try to roll through. The problem is that it's so damn obvious to attackers and the batteries themselves are so easy to plink at and get rid of compared to the barbed wire itself which just needs to be melee'd. It seems to me like going that route turns you into a ghetto Mute anti-drone configuration though.

Speaking of: barbed wire doesn't do damage to people. Stop using it like it does. It's a speed trap. Stop dropping it just inside of a doorway or behind a barrier. That's useless. You want to put it in the middle of a hallway to create a really shitty tarpit the opponents have to slog through. Some place that you will have no cover if you get stuck standing in, but have to move through. Think of it like tower-defense shit, find a good spot for all the incoming creeps to get slowed down and drop the wire there. Stop putting it in the threshold of doorways. Stop putting it on the ground in front of a window. Start putting it randomly in the middle of a high-traffic room. The middle of a long hallway. Shit like that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #145679

Shock-dude's shockers working on barbed wire was something I wasn't expecting the other day at all and took far too much damage from

Anyway, my operators are:

Attack:
Sledge, Thermite, Montagne, Blitz, IQ

Defense:
Mute, Castle, Rook, Kapkan, Tachanka

Not really a fan of Tachanka but Spetsnaz were the last group I had an unlock for 1k for and I was short 1 defender.

Oh yeah, and I don't have a skype or anything because skype is lame.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #145701

I do not know the maps well enough to place my Kapkan traps in decent locations. Feels like you really need to know the maps and spawn locations.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145704

Alex Crimson wrote:I do not know the maps well enough to place my Kapkan traps in decent locations. Feels like you really need to know the maps and spawn locations.
Yeah it's tough. The maps can change a lot depending on the objective type and location.

There's a neat tactical planning app on their website if you guys want to fool around and just look at the maps. It's detailed enough to show you where and what you can break, too.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/whi ... nding.aspx
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #145709

I know that I am casual shitter but I really feel like the game would be more fun if people had a bit more health.

All the traps and barricades and countermeasures and smashing walls all comes down to .5 second gunfights when a single headshot from any of the weapons kills you/the guy you are shooting.

Also I keep buying attackers because all the defenders seem kind of boring in comparision.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #145724

I find that i always die when leaning around a corner. The other guy can see your head before you even see them. Mostly i think its just down to me sucking hard at FPS games.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145725

1) Ping is incredibly important.
2) You can shoot through damn near everything on most maps. Blind-firing at people through barricades and walls is incredibly important. Line-of-sight is important but so is the ability to quickly (like in tenth's of a second) interpret where incoming fire is originating. You will be returning blind-fire at guys who are blind-firing at you in a game where it only takes 3-4 rounds on body to kill. Welcome to the jungle.
3) The game has major bugs still. We watched a guy walking around complaining that he couldn't fire his secondary (the 1911 clone). He's walking around complaining "Fuck it wont shoot! It wont shoot!" in a 1v1 situation as attacker while the last defender camps on the point.

Suddenly the defender drops dead, the ticker reads that our guy killed him with his pistol. The killcam doesn't show him fire a single shot. Everyone wonders what the fuck just happened. The guy confirms he was unable to fire a shot at all.

So yeah sometimes it's just straight up fucked
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #145741

I sure do love getting late-joined into a 0-2 match.

Absolutely LOVE it

At least it doesn't take too long to get stomped at that point and I can go find a real match
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #145742

> 3) The game has major bugs still.

Nothing more fun than watching the kill cam and seeing your gun clipping through the wall as the guy tracks your movement to shoot you as soon as you reach the door
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #145743

The thing ia that it's fun despite the bugs. We deal with match start faolurea that require alt+f4-ing, and clipping and such, because it's still fun, despite all of that.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145764

Kor wrote:> 3) The game has major bugs still.

Nothing more fun than watching the kill cam and seeing your gun clipping through the wall
Tom Clancy future tech high test domestic penetrating weapons don't question it black-site tech you wont see on the streets for another twenty years
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #145784

I love the buggy killcams

Had one stuck in a lean animation, and he leaned in the killcam so it was an almost 90 degree turn and it looked hilarious
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #145786

I was on the plane defending and there was a dude noclipping everywhere and shooting my whole team through walls. Who'd have thought the hacks would've gotten so bad so quick.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145791

Let's fucking play get on teamspeak you shitters.

EDIT: We pew pew'ed

[youtube]5H7PiTOVWA4[/youtube]

Nice to actually start winning some of these fucking things as a group.

GG GUIZE WE'RE GETTING BETTER
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #145854

I did the thing
I can operate operationally with teamspeak now

I haven't used VOIP software in like 15 years and it took Siege to do that to me
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #145952

>scouting phase
>entire enemy team detected outside
>they all run back in when it starts
>wonder what the hell they were doing
>next time we were attackers they run out again
>this time they guess our spawn point correctly
>they're standing behind us when we spawn and kill everyone

Godamm
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #145998

I thought they fixed that?

It's an exploit, you can report people for that afaik.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #146084

Alex Crimson wrote:I find that i always die when leaning around a corner. The other guy can see your head before you even see them. Mostly i think its just down to me sucking hard at FPS games.
Its mainly due to the bad positioning of the camera on the body IIRC. I think Anon3 was saying that its possible to shoot people in the head who are coming up stairs way before you can see them.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146224

Yeah the camera position relative to your player model can do some really fucking weird things.
You want to abuse the fuck out of it? Okay!

1) Rappel
2a) Lean to one side or the other in the regular position (not upside-down) and then scooch into the window from the side. You'll have a good view of the room but people inside will only be able to see you if you're close to the window
2b) Do the spiderman and approach the window directly from above. Do not lean, just inch towards the open window. Gives you a more abusable angle on people who are closer to the window, but you'll have to expose yourself to incoming fire a lot more to shoot into it. Do this only if you think people are pressed right up against the window anticipating people doing the 2a technique.

On Defense you want to find random obstacles in the room and then go prone and lean around them. I'm not sure what you need to do to go prone on your back but that's what you want, prone on your belly doesn't obscure as much of your model as prone on your back does.

Pro-tier technique fuck I hate it when people do this:
Go prone on your back ontop of or next to a corpse. People walking into the room will dismiss you as a casualty of the fire-fight until they double-check, by which point you should've already shot them in the face.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #146254

the stair things was me!
https://imgur.com/a/aF1YC
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146313

Sweet Jesus that's awful
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146856

So I'm thinking of picking this up for my self-indulgent purchase this paycheck.

Question 1: Is it worth getting the Gold edition (I'm thinking of using this deal)?

Question 2: Is there any benefit to buying it through Steam, since you have to use UPlay anyway?

Question 3: Are you fucks gonna be playing this for at least a month more?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #146859

Eh i doubt you need the gold edition. Unless it comes with the full season pass. The Operator thing only lets you play them a week before everyone gets them for free. The renown boost is laughably small.

The Steam version is the Uplay version, but just shows up on your steam account. No point getting the Steam version unless you want to play with your Steam friends.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146863

Alex Crimson wrote:Eh i doubt you need the gold edition. Unless it comes with the full season pass. The Operator thing only lets you play them a week before everyone gets them for free. The renown boost is laughably small.

The Steam version is the Uplay version, but just shows up on your steam account. No point getting the Steam version unless you want to play with your Steam friends.
Gold does come with the Season Pass. And I'm just trying to find the most economic deal without sacrificing too much convenience.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #146865

I am having a lot of fun with it but I would be dissapointed if I had spent 60-90 dollars on it.

Do not see any reason to buy it on steam.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #146866

Personally I don't think the gold version is worth the extra cost. I bought it during the steam sale at 25% off, because I like having it consolidated there. You have to register it on uplay the first time, after this you can run it on steam and it simply starts, the uplay layer is invisible on startup. You do need to use uplay's friends system thing to form squads though. It's fairly easy though, despite the moaning people tend to do whenever uplay is mentioned.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #146868

Well I mean I can get the Gold Edition through that site for less than the price of the vanilla game on Steam, so unless buying it on Steam conveys some major advantage with matchmaking I'm gonna go for it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #146874

I got it for free and I still feel ripped off.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #146898

I'll keep playing it for the time being but I doubt it'll have much staying power in the future

XCom 2 comes out soon
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen just came out today
New Deus Ex later this year
Metal Gear Solid V multiplayer beta on PC just started
Game still has glitches and shitty player camera/hitbox issues
Uplay is fucking garbage nobody likes using it no matter how good your game is
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #148150

DLC operators finally got leaked.

The attacker uses an underbarrel shotgun to breach while the defender uses traps to down people.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #148152

I was saving up for them, but those abilities dont look that interesting. I think I'll just unlock everything else instead of blowing 25k on them.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #148154

50k since both are 25k each.

season pass tho
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #148185

Why are they so expensive?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #148218

To give incentive to buy the season pass. You get both for free if you do.

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #151566

Buck is mid tier, he has good weapon choices, but that isn't special among the attackers, and for an operator who's gadget is their weapon he is absolutely terrible. His shotgun is also weirdly not well matched to his weapon choices, as he can't breach from as far away as most pump action shotgun users, creating anti-synergy with his marksman rifle. Twitch is a better pick if you want a medium armored character with a good long range and close range pick for a gun. If you want to play an operator who's gadget is a super powered gun take Glaz, there is a reason he sees an almost 100% play rate in high ranks. There is no excuse for Glaz's signature gun to be better in close range than Buck's. If Glaz gets nerfed or the Shotgun buffed to be a two hit body kill or to have more penetration at longer range then he may be worth talking about.

Frost is an interesting alternate to Kap, her gadget being mechanical matters a lot because of Thatcher more than IQ, who never sees any real play in games where you would give a shit about operator tiers. Its rather easy to spot in most locations, but has interesting potential with things like windows and shields. Some maps she is much stronger than cap as she can place her gadget in blind corners, and in some she is way worse because she has no place to drop her trap. She is armor 2 speed 2 which isn't ideal for roaming, but its better than kap and her guns are for the most part stronger too. However she probably will see less play than Kap once the novelty dies down because there are much better roamers to pick from on the defending team, one of them seeing a nearly 100% play rate, and Kap is much better at being a frontline fighter with the team if he stays with them or regroups after getting a 1v1 kill. Her saving grace is her insane shotgun, which is a high damage, long range, automatic shotgun that gives her much more roam potential than most other shotgun users besides Pulse. If you really enjoy roaming Pulse you may really enjoy playing Frost.

Also, anyone who thinks Doc is bottom tier and IQ is top has an... interesting thought process.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #151700

>complaining that a breaching shotgun doesn't make a good primary
>not getting the advantage he has in quick switching between a breaching option and a killing-people option

You blow open a hole with the under barrel and swap back to the rifle to surprise people on the other side of walls and shit.
You don't run around with it trying to kill people. Its for fast ambushes.
Buck is faster than any other attacker at putting a hole in something then shooting through it.
That's his quirk.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #151727

Played both, Buck's weapons are solid.

Only experience with the bear trap asian was trading with the super 90 and losing the trade so ???
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #151782

An0n3 wrote:>complaining that a breaching shotgun doesn't make a good primary
>not getting the advantage he has in quick switching between a breaching option and a killing-people option

You blow open a hole with the under barrel and swap back to the rifle to surprise people on the other side of walls and shit.
You don't run around with it trying to kill people. Its for fast ambushes.
Buck is faster than any other attacker at putting a hole in something then shooting through it.
That's his quirk.
My main complaint was literally that Buck was really bad at doing that.

Ashe is way faster and is better at flanking, and can breach walls for fire lines much more efficiently than Buck can at the ranges you would favor a marksman rifle.

Sledge is also faster, has the same armor if for some reason you care about that, and has similar gun options for close quarters fighting.

Buck's shotgun has the least penetrative power of any shotgun due to having the most spread. You may as well just shoot through the wall. If you are talking about super surprise wallshots Glaz is way better at it as well. Buck's shotgun is unique in that it will generally not fully break a hole in the wall giving the people you are attacking a huge warning. Not to mention the fact that if you are surprise wall banging someone there is no downside to literally just using a shotgun.

I have been playing him a bit more and finding very limited success with using the shotgun as a secondary, rather than trying to breach with it. Against better opponents you can spray away and then pull back, start reloading, and then switch to the shotgun to surprise people who went to rush you. The shotgun is somewhere between the SAS machine pistol and a regular shotgun in terms of killing power in an ambush. I would still take a regular shotgun any day for breaking down doors and walls but its not completely useless. It just ain't good. If they buff the shotgun to have a tighter spread people may seriously start using Buck though.

The fact his primary weapon is good is nice, but it isn't crazy good. because a lot of operators have good guns. If you want a crazy powerful gun roll Twitch with the Famas or use Glax with a reflex sight.

EDIT: I have been trying him out as sorta a mid-line fighter who hunts the roamers. The shotgun is pretty shit in a real fight but it is ok enough in close ranges when someone just turns a corner and the rifle may not work. His breaching potential is still a freaking joke but he isnt as bad as I thought.
Takeguru wrote:Played both, Buck's weapons are solid.

Only experience with the bear trap asian was trading with the super 90 and losing the trade so ???
Frost's shotgun is in the same tier as Doc's and Rook's MP5, Jager's 416-C, and Castle's and Pulse's M1041, and in combination with having a Nitro Cell and an ability that doesn't require her to be alive she is automatically at least viable. The main issue is that she isn't amazing in terms of on site defense like Pulse is and you have much better roamer candidates, so once the hype dies down she likely will be rotated about with the other second stringer roamers.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #156616

It's been weeks and Frosts shotty still isn't nerfed so she's still S tier.

Finally started doing ranked and I'm stuck at the edge of silver and gold thanks to two matches with some buddies who suck.

I mean I went 12-2 in a match against a platinum rank asian group, come the fuck on.

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #156618

My rank got nuked down from gold 5 to freaking bronze due to automatic losses when the servers were unstable, and now I am in a sort of prisoner island situation made worse by the fact that the matchmaking is so screwed up right now that it is matching copper teams against diamonds. Not as a one off thing either. Like almost every match I have been in for the last 20 matches has been me with a bunch of copper players against comically high end premades, I don't know how you screw things up that badly. I pretty much am only playing unranked at this point because the matchmaking seems to be better.

In other news, despite Buck's comically bad ranged wall penetration (his rifle is literally faster at making large murderholes than his shotgun past a few meters) his shotgun is surprisingly lethal at longer range and due to how fast you can switch to it he is almost like an Attacker Doc in that he can automatically win a 1v1 as long as the mags go empty. You just fire till you go click, count the enemy shots to make sure they are empty, maybe even listen for the reload and charge them.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #156636

I know how you feel. I keep getting matched with copper and bronze guys against golds and plats. It's annoying as shit carrying a team, and when you do fairfight goes crazy and keeps screenshot lagging you because it thinks you're cheating.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #169230

Free weekend.

Enjoy level 0's in pvp shooting their team for sneaking up on them.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #170618

The next DLC was announced last night, which means it's dropping soon. Supposed to add 2 ops, a new map, game mode, and a lot of fixes.

In other news, ESL drama in full swing as a guy cheated his way to the finals by watching the enemy stream on a second monitor. Ubi/ESL said they aren't banning him. Someone doxxed him for it then hacked his twitter, and now his twitter background is a nude photo showing his penis.

a correct post by pillz
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #170669

instead of putting their money on fucking esports or some dogshit how about they put money in fixign their netcode

that would be fucking swell thanks ubisoft.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #171158

The devs are getting underfunded. Ubi is throwing money at the esports without realizing that the game needs more funding to get it in shape to begin with. Makes me feel bad for the devs. They want to make this game into something amazing but they aren't getting the tools to do so. Ubi is too busy being retarded to understand that siege could be one of the best FPS' of its time if they'd pay attention to it.

Anyway, the DLC takes place in the Middle East and adds 2 Navy Seal operatives. Blackbeard the attacker, who has a small shield on his assault rifle to prevent headshotting him when he's aiming down his sights, and Valkyrie the defender, who can throw sticky cameras on walls both inside and outside of the buildings. Everyone on the defending team can use her cameras.

The map itself is unconfirmed but guessing on how all of the maps are based on real raids (WACO, embassy, etc) it'll either be Bin-Laden's compound, which is very likely given the operatives are SEAL's, or Benghazi.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171165

It'll take more than just the awful net code to fix R6S.

The on-model camera placement is still fucked, leading to all kinds of LOS issues. Let me know when they've removed exploitable animations and rappel placement.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #171335

You know I'm all up for equality and shit but there is no fucking active female Seal Team 6 operative SO WHY ADD ONE.

jesus fucking christ.
also i dunno about all of the maps being based on a real raid...

i dont remember the raid on that one ocean liner stuck in the middle of the Antarctic, unless that was some real spec ops shit u get me.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171387

When I blow up the hostage with Fuze's clusters I'm just recreating realistic spetsnaz operations.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Re: Rainbow 6: Back to Baghdad edition

Post by DrPillzRedux » #174778

DLC is out on the 11th.

[youtube]p06GC2t1ZU0[/youtube]

1 map
2 Navy SEAL operators
Blackbeard (Attacker): Gets a SCAR-H and SR-25 DMR, both of which you can place a rifle shield on, which prevents people from getting a frontal headshot on you, but makes you move slower.
Valkyrie (Defender): Gets a SPAS12 (Semiauto) and an MPX SMG, as well as 4 High Defenition Sticky Cameras you can throw anywhere on the map, and any of your comrades can look through them.

IQ's gadget now has an extremely clear screen, allowing you to see using it. Electronic objects are also no longer just blinking dots, but silhouetted through the wall, so you can decide what to take down first.
Montagne gets a bigger shield, which now curves around his side, effectively making him untouchable from a 180 degree frontal angle.
Tachanka can now deploy his turret almost anywhere, as well as deploy it and pick it up very quickly.
The lighting has been redone so you can see inside from outside easier and vise versa.

You can cancel placing a breaching charge or gadget now
FROST NO LONGER GETS C4

Buck gets frag grenades
Thermite doesn't get frags anymore but flashbangs
Optics have been redone to make then easier to use
You can customize loadouts between rounds
Round end playback is now in color
Match end screen has been redone, showing the winning team characters and a close up of the MVP
There are now hats which you can buy ranging from cool operator stuff to clown masks.
There are also gun charms.

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Re: Rainbow 6: Back to Baghdad edition

Post by DrPillzRedux » #175233

Full patch notes are now out. This update is HUGE.

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/upd ... tline.aspx
Reduced exposure on Operator’s head positioning while aiming

We have grouped the camera and head placement tighter to expose the player’s head less. This should mitigate the issue where you are looking down from a window and someone can see your head but you can’t see theirs.
YEAAAAAAAH

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Re: Rainbow 6: Back to Baghdad edition (Huge update)

Post by Timbrewolf » #175245

ayyyy alright! Now I can try playing again!
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: