Helldivers is back, on PC!

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Helldivers is back, on PC!

Post by Wyzack » #139731

Bottom post of the previous page:

Jetpack is awesome when you get it fully upgraded and get 2 per drop
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #139732

Multi crew vehicles means you want to drive a HAV. There is little point to trying to use anything else.

The problem is getting that unlock for everyone. It's high-tier only.

...hence why I'm trying to get us a little more organized.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #139861

Handy tips you guys desperately need to hear:

1). Use the microphone to talk about the directions you are moving in as a group. This keeps the group together and moving in a constructive direction. Electing someone to lead (even if it is just "follow that guy") is good too.

2). Keep moving at all times unless you are waiting for a drop or objective. You aggro tons of patrols throughout a mission. They clump up and follow you around the map even if you can't see them. Standing still to shoot the one random guy you can see gives the fifteen other assholes time to catch up. Stop fucking doing this. That means you, Dryn.

Addendum: if you are at the front of the pack and someone is lagging behind with dudes in pursuit, taking shots at them can sometimes work but see...

3). Sometimes not shooting is best. If there is a chance you might hit a friendly, stop shooting. It can actually be beneficial to let someone get downed so you can shoot everyone around them then pick them up, vs. just incinerating them to kill the guys nearby.

4). You can use strategems while downed. If you are down and fucked tap the reinforcement code in. When you inevitably die you will drop the beacon and end up calling yourself back in.

5). Learn the reinforcement call in. Know it by heart. You need to be able to whip that out in an instant. Learn it learn it learn it learn it.

6). Check the goddamn radar before deciding now is a good time to resupply. It takes time for that shit to arrive. Time the unending hordes of enemies will close in on you. The moment you run out of ammo is probably not the best moment to call for more.

7). You can sprint faster than almost every single enemy in the game. When in doubt just run. Just.run. You can reinforce and resupply later. Breaking contact with patrols is good. The game does have stealth mechanics if you are smart enough to use them.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139908

Watch out for cheaters if you join pubbie games. Like day 3 after launch and I join a game, kill an enemy, and gain 38 levels. Now I'm at 46 and it only really unlocked cosmetics, but still. Have barely played since then.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #139917

DrPillzRedux wrote:I cheated and got everything
How dare you. The real enemy of freedom in this game

is you.

EDIT: Oh hey dere is a wiki dere

http://helldivers.gamepedia.com/Helldivers_Wiki
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139927

It gave me some capes and I think a few weapons? I only use the DLC ones anyway so it didn't affect me much other than ruining muh purity.

I finished a helldive though so I just wear that cape instead.

Also I just finished my first faction boss, it was the bug one. Holy fuck that was insane. So many close calls. Took 39 minutes of me and some other pubbies shooting the fuck out of it. Would have been faster but a reinforcement took out our mechs and my HUV.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #139985

The HAV is OP as fuck.

It's also fun as fuck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #140092

I played with some randos who had one, shit was cash. I want it but I only ever see it in super high difficulty matches when I am playing solo. If you guys help me get it I promise to take 3 any time we run a mission
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140099

The DLC weapons are damn good when fully upgraded and kinda make this game too ez except for 10+ and the bug boss.

Speaking of bugs, who wants to slay another hive lord tonight? Gotta get that +150 influence. Plus it's fun as fuck and I want to record a sub 20 minute kill.

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #140101

Which weapons are OP?

Also, if your fighting the Illuminate use the Obliterator Grenade Launcher, even on Lvl 12 Helldive it'll destroy everything in two to three hits, and it reloads very fast.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #140102

I'm doing my part.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #140103

I love this game a lot, but I think its biggest problem is lack of map and mission variety. Randomly generated maps only get you so far and the more unique appearing maps are either very mediocre (Enemy homeworlds just having a faction specific tint to the air) or are very rare (City Defence Missions)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140104

The DLC Tank is really good if you fully upgrade it and have exactly two people playing.
The DLC Sickle laser carbine is really good against everything but Illuminate patrols.
The DLC anti-armor mech is fun for solo play but suffers from all the same problems every mech has (takes up too much screen real-estate for one player, turns too slow, limited ammo, etc)
The DLC Close-Air Support offensive strategem is fucking GODLY.

I've heard people say the DLC Multi-Missile launcher is good but I think it fucking sucks compared to the stock Recoilless Rifle.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #140107

An0n3 wrote:The DLC Tank is really good if you fully upgrade it and have exactly two people playing.
The DLC Sickle laser carbine is really good against everything but Illuminate patrols.
The DLC anti-armor mech is fun for solo play but suffers from all the same problems every mech has (takes up too much screen real-estate for one player, turns too slow, limited ammo, etc)
The DLC Close-Air Support offensive strategem is fucking GODLY.

I've heard people say the DLC Multi-Missile launcher is good but I think it fucking sucks compared to the stock Recoilless Rifle.
The Tank is agreeable really good if well supported, even just having the non-tanker jumping behind with Jetpacks and REP-80's is good enough.

Sickle I'll agree can be good mainly due to it being more reliable as a non-ammo using weapon, but it does suffer against more heavily armoured enemies, even a few lower level guys can take half a cell to kill.

Of the two DLC mechs they are both really good in certain circumstances, the Anti-Armour mech (Lumberer) proves very useful on missions with a lot of destroy objectives as well as for general high level enemy clearing, but suffer's from being too overspecilized making it poor against lower level mooks and the very limited ammo count, the alternative Obsidian goes in the opposite direction with it being dedicated to killing mooks and mid level enemies but with no high level anti-tank weapons, this makes it poor for Bugs and Cyborgs but GODLY against Illuminate that have no tank units that the Obsidian cannot kill quickly.

Close-Air Support can prove useful, however I've found the Thunderer to be just as effective in many situations as the CAS.

Also on the commando Multi-Missile Launcher, it can be finicky to use but it can be a useful asset. Mainly in that if upgraded it can take 2 or 3 rockets to kill a tank Bug, letting you kill three to four tank Bugs with a single clip of rockets, and still having six reloads. Also its over arch firing angle makes it great for shooting over your team mates, until the homing rockets wind around to hit the one bug attacking all three of your allies.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #140108

Thanks Steelpoint. Woulda passed over this game if it hadn't been for your comment in my PR. Made me curious enough to check it out.

Fun stuff.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140110

Wyzack wrote:I played with some randos who had one, shit was cash. I want it but I only ever see it in super high difficulty matches when I am playing solo. If you guys help me get it I promise to take 3 any time we run a mission
There's a thing in this game between HAVs and HAV-nots. The HAV makes so much shit stupidly easy to get, but the problem is getting the HAV first.
I've also found that when I'm just trying to get specific strategems it's easier to solo most maps up through difficulty 8. 9+ I need some friends.

If you want to just WARBOYS it up later I've got the HAV and we can literally roll through maps with it.
If you want to have a go at it yourself I recommend the UAV and Distractor beacons to spot patrols and then either take them out before they can sound alarms or pull the hordes away from what you're doing. Combine with the Cardio perk for kiting and you should be able to just sneak in and steal or intentionally fail all the objectives you need to get through a mission.

Stealth is a legitimate approach and can be really rewarding if you just pay attention to your map and spam that UAV.

NINJA'D

I don't like the Thunderer because it has a 3 minute cooldown by default (compared to CAS' 75 seconds) it has a slow activation time (4 seconds vs CAS' 1/10th of a second). It lasts really long but you could argue that can also be a weakness depending on the situation. If I want something heavier for breaking mission objectives I'd take the Airstrike instead. The one place the Thunderer shines IMO is during retaliatory strikes where you're trapped in a tiny box with 300+ enemy heavy armor units and can't do shit about it. Keeping a constant barrage of thunderer fire on the opposite end of the room where you know the enemy is going to spawn is great.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #140128

CAS is DLC though, while Thunderer isn't.

Also, I bought all the DLC because i am a consumer whore

Relatedly, it does bug me how some stratagems are just straight better than others- I think it would have been better with a sidegrade-oriented system.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140130

It's worth it though. It nearly doubles the amount of toys you get to play with. And you get all the neat-o cosmetic armors.

It's not essential. You have a wide variety of cool shit to play with in the stock game. They've done a pretty good job of balancing everything out so it's almost always a matter of taste and not "strictly-better-thans".
The Sickle is probably the worst offender in terms of "holy shit did you see how good that is?" but you could also make a point that the UAV is an even bigger must-have, or the all-terrain boots perk.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140179

Aside from a few things, most of the DLC is just another variant of doing something that another item already does. The terrain boots are just an alternative to jump packs for example.

The DLC armors are cool, though the best looking capes are from doing a factions planet on helldive. They're xbox huge when you're running.

a correct post by pillz
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #140212

The EXO-51 is pretty nice though. Sure, the armour is inadequate and the flamethrower doesn't last long, but it's an excellent source of anti-boss AP and doesn't suffer the awful accidental rocket wasting problem the EXO-44 does.
Mime: Depresso
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140217

DrPillzRedux wrote:The terrain boots are just an alternative to jump packs for example.
The terrain boots don't occupy your backpack space though. They're much better than a jump pack for getting around on a tundra planet, while allowing you to still carry a shield/resupply/support pack.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140231

No, but they take up the only perk slot, which are actually very useful.

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #140232

Also I misspoke, I did not mean Thunderer Strike I meant the Vindicator Bombing Run as a non-DLC alternative to the CAS.

Also if your on a Snow planet there's no reason to not take the ATBoots. The loss of any other perk is worth having unrestricted mobility without sacrificing a loadout slot, only exception is if your going full Mechwarrior.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #140233

Also I've discoverd the joy of Smoke Grenades, and Flashbangs to a extent.

While its taking a perk slot, Smoke Grenades are 10/10 for solo missions where your not using the cheese that is the distractor beacon, you essentially throw it when your capping any objective (even the obnoxious oil survey one) and you'll be undetectable to any and all enemies, even if your shooting them. Bonus points for dropping mines all around you and using ammo boxes to throw up to six smoke grenades at your feet. This gives you a free pass to cap and do objectives and can be useful as a get out of jail card if your being overwhelmed.

The Flashbangs are more useful if you get downed, if you are throw a fbang and it'll stun everyone around you, giving you time to get up.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140235

Steelpoint wrote:Also I misspoke, I did not mean Thunderer Strike I meant the Vindicator Bombing Run as a non-DLC alternative to the CAS.

Also if your on a Snow planet there's no reason to not take the ATBoots. The loss of any other perk is worth having unrestricted mobility without sacrificing a loadout slot, only exception is if your going full Mechwarrior.
Ah okay.

Yeah I also like the Vindicator a lot. It's not unlimited, but really if you need more than 15 uses of an offensive strategem like that you are fucking something up. I typically double up on my offensive strategems so I can get twice as much use out of them (that is, I can throw a second while the first is still on cooldown) but with Vindicator you don't need to do that.

If you're new to the game and you don't know what to put points into (or what all these strategems and shit are about) upgrade the Vindicator and get used to using it during missions. It'll learn ya, and it's always useful to fall back on. I don't use it so much personally on the PC because I used it so much previously on the Vita. I would use the Vindicator for heavy dudes and call in constant Strafing Runs on the little dudes, since they both have such insanely fast cooldowns.
DrPillzRedux wrote:No, but they take up the only perk slot, which are actually very useful.
That's true, but when fighting on a snow planet the ability to walk around normally and sprint around normally trumps every other thing you could possibly slot. Even if you're going mechanized via EXO's or a HAV I would still recommend it, since your setup should be a REP-80, Shield Pack, and double-up on whatever vehicle you're going to use. You will need to get out to nab objectives or fix your shit. You will randomly have a black box mission and then your jump pack is useless and you're slowly trudging through snow like a sitting duck.

Even beyond the boots I think the jump pack is all around pretty shit when you compare it to the shield, resupply, or having a support kit to help someone else. The only time the jump pack has worth is against Illuminates when playing multiplayer and you need to get over their shields. Every other time you would think it's handy is in a situation you could've avoided if you weren't letting yourself get boxed in or surrounded by enemies in the first place. Every time you are jumping out of a shitty situation and thinking "Man this jump pack is great!" is a situation you should've had the foresight to run from five seconds earlier.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140237

I should add though:

IT'S FUN.

And if you fully upgrade it you get two out of the drop. So two people taking it gets you a whole squad of guys leaping around like maniacs.

And that's fun.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #140242

Strategems = magicka spells I'm guessing? Bf is picking it up for both of us on Christmas, so hype ahoy.

Only 11 more full days!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140252

Kinda sorta?

You get to equip a perk, a primary weapon, and then you have four slots to put strategems in.
Strategems vary between deployables and offensive strikes. Deployables are things like a drop of two boxes of ammo, a mech to stomp around in, a turret to help defend an area (or gun you down trying) or maybe a heavy weapon to pick up and use. Offensive strikes are different flavors of blowing shit up. That may sound kinda one-dimensional but this game has more fun ways to call in hatred on a target than you ever thought possible.

They all work by holding down a button, then tapping in a series of d-pad inputs, then throwing a beacon where you want that thing to go. When you're under fire this can be pretty stressful to do, and fuck-ups are pretty common. There's also the added danger that almost every item you call in arrives in a giant drop-pod, which crushes/kills anything it lands on.

There are a few strategems you always have by default. The reinforcement strategem, for example, is what you dial in when other Helldivers have died and you want to get them dropped into the battlefield again.

Smashing other people's shit and crushing other players (or your own dumb self) with your strategems is just a fact of life. You call in an ammo drop and throw the beacon right as someone else throws down a beacon for his cool-ass assault truck. His truck drops, only to immediately be crushed by your ammo drop. Thankfully the ammo survives, and even if it didn't you could always wait for the cooldown on that particular strategem and call it again. Unfortunately strategems like the HAV you only get to call in once per mission, so now everyone has to walk and everyone knows whose fault that is.

What really makes it nuts is that the marker you throw isn't exact. There's a little random element to how far off course that drop will stray. It's not gigantic, but its significant enough that you should give every supply beacon a wide berth. Those reinforcement beacons in particular have a tendency to home in on nearby players. When late-joining a multiplayer game, they shoot your drop-pod prettymuch DIRECTLY at the host, so if you think it would be polite to stand-still and wait for the new guy joining the game...DONT. You will get squashed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #140335

I HAV to say that the HAV is amazing and can actually feel pretty badass. However it feels really limited if you dont have a full crew and can feel lopsided. As with any multi-role vehicles its incredibly easy to run over your team mates if they get out with out warning you in advance.

The tank is fun as hell to play with if there are just two like you say. I'd like to unlock the co-ax gun though because its really irritating against medium enemies to use the main canon.

Personally I love the default mech, its chaingun rips through most and the rockets are, when used carefully, really great against tanks. Especially against the bugs.

I have to say i've really been enjoying this game, public games are fairly fun, but nothing feels as bad as running around in as a full squad of friends.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140372

Remove kebug.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140413

Exo 44 has really limited anti-armor ammo that still lacks effectiveness. It can take multiple rockets to take an IFV out, and you only get 8.

Its chain gun on the other hand is fucking amazing and you get a metric fuckton of ammo for it. My solution for getting the most out of the 44 is to slot a rep-80, the suit, and then two offensive strategems (like the strafing run/vindicator combo). This way you can hose shit down with the chain gun as needed, apply your limited rocket pool as needed, but lean more on your strategems while in the relative comfort of the suit.

Even when you run out of ammo the mech is still a safety shell for you to stomp through small guys with and you just throw out your spam strategems constantly.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #140466

My loadout is 3 mechs and an APC.

Mechs seem way better than anything else in the game.
invisty

Post by invisty » #140471

Kor wrote:My loadout is 3 mechs and an APC.

Mechs seem way better than anything else in the game.
For the most part, I have to agree.

The main downside is that they're single-use stratagems. I've not sussed out a priority-air-support loadout yet, but I have seen some excellent use of shredders to clear out entire screens of foes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140474

They fall off in effectiveness on more difficult missions. You're more resilient to all forms of damage in a mech, but with the right strategems and some straight shooting you can do more damage on foot IMO.

1) They're super slow. Running around on foot is the second fastest method of getting around in the game after the DLC motorcycle. The only thing slower than a mech is slogging through a swamp or the snow on foot.

2) They can't be re-armed. Once you're out of ammo they become a suit of armor you fire strategems out of. For the slot they occupy you could be using offensive strategems (which are often infinite use) or heavy weapons drops (that you could be reloading out of supply drops).

3) They're slow. Really. This is worth stating twice. If someone summons a mech when the whole team isn't using them or doing something slow (like lugging a black box around) they become an anchor the team is stuck dragging across the map. Going slow gives all those patrols and their adds time to catch up to you. On lower levels this aint so bad. The mech can wipe them all out. On higher levels this is very bad. The trade-off between the punch of the mech vs. the loss of ability to kite the shitstorm isn't worth it.

4) You will eventually have to get out of it to do something if you're playing solo. Be it working a terminal, lugging a black box, or scanning for landmines. They do at least become a distraction, enemies LOVE to go after your vehicles and turrets for some reason. But at that point you could be using a distractor beacon or something. A mech is almost entirely useless when you're not piloting it, and there will be times when you have to stop piloting it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #140475

Seems to work fine on higher levels honestly. I got the achievememt for beating a level 9 cyborg level without taking damage last night because I just stayed in my mech.

Had one mech walking forwards, the other backwards, and a player on foot with a rocket running between is.

I goy my mech(s) trashed several times by the Illuminate shield walls though when we tried the level 9 there.

How much of a difficulty spike is it from 9 to Helldive?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140477

It's mostly just that the missions have more objectives, and the objectives themselves will have more parts. Disarming bombs is shitty enough with 3, but when you're stuck doing five or more while gigantic hordes of enemies keep arriving it's pretty awful.

A lot of the higher difficulty missions involve running around the map criss-cross to draw guys away from objectives, or to run over and complete half of an objective while the horde lags behind you.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140478

Helldive isn't that difficult if people just keep moving and not sitting around getting swamped.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140486

DrPillzRedux wrote:Helldive isn't that difficult if people just keep moving and not sitting around getting swamped.
Right but if you even try to slug it out with the waves of dudes you're going to lose. You need to do hit-and-run shit. Guerilla attacks or total-stealth.

Mechs aren't good at either.

If you want a vehicle to just blaze a path through 10+ difficulty get a HAV or get out and do it on foot.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140490

R8 my build

An0n3's dreamteam load-out:

2 x anti-armor bro's (kill shit dead. reload eachother's launchers.)
2 x Recoilless Rifles (pick up the launcher and the support pack, reload eachother. doubled up because sometimes you die and lose it and can't afford to go back and get it again)
2 x offensive strategems

Tankbro (The group's driver and resupply source. Keeps everyone healed when you all have to dismount for something)
Supply Drop
Shield Pack
Rep-80
HAV

Specialist-bro (carries ammo for the anti-armor dudes to reload out of, uses an SMG to carry black boxes when you must. packs an auto-cannon or grenade launcher to prevent the anti-armor dudes from wasting rockets on mid-tier dudes)
Resupply pack
DumDum AC/Obliterator grenade launcher
Distractor Beacon
UAV

Everyone takes cardio unless you're on a tundra planet, in which case everyone takes all-terrain boots.
Accomplish as much as you can in the HAV. Use the distractor beacons once the HAV has depleted its ammo to sneak-attack as much as you can. Try to remember where people were relative to objectives when they die so you can pickup deployables like packs, rockets, and the autocannon/launcher when you must. There's an argument to be made that the anti-armor bro's could use Strategem Priority instead of Cardio so they can provide more constant offensive strikes. It's debateable.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140514

I usually hate bosses in games because they almosy always suck. The ones in this are fantastic though. They play so differently from normal missions that it feels like a whole different game.

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #140588

Jesus Christ the Helldive fight pits are definitely not possible without HAVs.

A zillion bugs just constantly spawning right under your character
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140612

Just wait until you do the bug boss. It's fight pit plus an enemy that burrows all over, 1 hit kills you and vehicles, and spits fucking acid all over that slows you and kills in 3 ticks.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140620

Kor wrote:Jesus Christ the Helldive fight pits are definitely not possible without HAVs.

A zillion bugs just constantly spawning right under your character
Retaliatory strikes are literally the worst.

Static field generators are your friends. Use and abuse them.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #140621

> do solo run
> retaliation strike

Well that ruined my day.

On the plus side the bosses are fun to fight so long as you have the right equipment.

Jetpacks and a compatible weapon are near mandatory.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140633

Plus the boss themes are great. They all have different segments of each other, as well as the main theme, mixed in if you listen closely.

[youtube]gDwhtVLQMsE[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140641

Confession:

I haven't attempted any of the boss fights yet.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #140652

We all got in a HAV and then kor drove us into tentacles and we failed the mission.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140655

I'll be doing one of the bosses tonight so I'll invite you if you're on anon. Anyone else will be welcome to join as well.

Just be warned that the only reward for beating a boss is 150 influence against that faction and around 10k xp. It can take anywhere from 20-40 minutes.

a correct post by pillz
invisty

Post by invisty » #140709

If any of you nerds are looking to do git gud and maybe take down some masters of the universe, I'm looking for folks to do 9+ difficulty runs. Usually on around after 0100 EST/2000 PST, onwards. Steam name is the same.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #140717

Ready to do the cyborg boss whenever you nerds are.

Anyone who hasn't added me yet may check em.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/wiimotevictim

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #140725

People said there would be boss runs.

Where are the boss runs?

I got enough influence to go after anyone we want.

EDIT:

An0n3 criticizes everyone's gear choices while urging them to follow the silent DrPillz: The Movie: The Game was pretty rad. Fun times.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: