Tabletop Simulator

Talk about video games here
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Tabletop Simulator

Post by onleavedontatme » #152851

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/

Unless you absolutely despise traditional games for some reason I highly encourage people to pick this up on sale. Being able to play hundreds of card/board games for 10 bucks is fantastic.

Also if anyone else has this/has suggestions of fun board games to play I'd appreciate suggestions.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: Tabletop Simulator

Post by Zilenan91 » #152853

I played Epic Spell Wars with a few friends on this, had a good time.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #152858

Does it warhammer?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #152860

You can probably do RPGs on TTS, yeah. Wargames too I guess? It'd be especially difficult to do Wargames.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #152863

I have this but never really played it because I have nobody to play it with
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #152866

Battlestar Galactica is amazingly fun. It is sorta like a more serious version of SS13 where your trying to make sure the traitor doesn't sink the ship while attempting to figure out who you can trust, with every player having different roles and abilities to help as well as limitations.

Another good paranoia game is Secret Hitler.
Last edited by dezzmont on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #152867

Azari and I played Kingdom Death Monster on this and it was pretty fucking rad.

For people who don't know: Kingdom Death Monster costs like $400 to buy a copy of.
Playing it on this for $10 instead made our purchases already worth it.
dezzmont wrote:Battlestar Galactica is amazingly fun. It is sorta like a more serious version of SS13 where your trying to make sure the traitor doesn't sink the ship while attempting to figure out who you can trust, with every player having different roles and abilities to help as well as limitations.
My BGG lovingly refers to that game as "Cylon Accuser 3000" because that's what you spend most of the time doing.

I'd love to play that with /tg/ folks or Resistance/Dark Age of Camelot.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #152868

I would be 110% down to set up a group to regularly do awesome tabletop games.

I dragged my feet getting this but holy shit its amazingballs.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #152883

betrayal at house on the hill is on here and its really cool and good. hope thishelps.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #152885

I love this goofy-ass program because it finally gave me a chance to playtest my homemade game and get feedback.

Now if only I could get around to making a new version.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #152886

I bought tabletop sim many moons ago, but I never played it with anyone because I have no friends or I'm busy playing other things. Probably both.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #152887

I've played secret hitler once or twice with some skype friends
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #152890

Is anyone game to play the core version of Battlestar Galactica tonight?

Add dezzmont on skype if you are. I am the semi-stick figure dude.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #152894

I own this but I've never really done tabletop gaming really, I'd be super down if someone would take me under their wing
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #152895

Well I got 2 other people about to start up a Battlestar game and could use at least a 4th. If you want to play tonight it would be great of you to join us.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #152904

I'm actually headed to bed right now, hopefully I'll be more active for scheduling later in the week
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #152905

Everyone go subscribe to this

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... resistance

And we'll try to get a game in sometime soon.

The Resistance is a game about lying your ass off to the other players about how you aren't a double-agent sent to purposely fuck up a revolutionary group's attempts to overthrow the government. Alternatively, it's a game about trying to convince everyone you're actually one of the good guys and how the guy you just went on a mission with is the REAL piece of shit everyone should be suspicious of.

It's super simple to play but a lot of fun. It's not like Mafia with special roles or anything, just really straight-forward social game.

It's also very short to play, which means you can either play a bunch of different games (and have a chance to try out both sides randomly) or if you hate it you didn't waste a lot of time on it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #152959

Zilenan91 wrote:I played Epic Spell Wars with a few friends on this, had a good time.
Have played this a few times (and in real life even), I second this recommendation.
lumipharon wrote:Does it warhammer?
There is stuff for it in the steam workshop, but I honestly wouldn't try to play it in this particular engine. Seems like it'd be a nightmare with the silly physics knocking everything over.
captain sawrge wrote:betrayal at house on the hill is on here and its really cool and good. hope thishelps.
Also a fun game.

>battlestar

I will try this out, thanks.
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #152981

I've played battlestar galactica a few times with friends, it's actually really fun. Especially when you're the traitor and you manage to throw the blame onto someone else, then surprise everyone by revealing at a crucial moment.
"Okay, here's an executive order so you get two turns, nuke the fucking basestar!"
"....no."
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #152985

I have a 100% Cylon rate in that game. I'm always the tater.

The one time I wasn't, the two guys playing as (outed) Cylons pulled some wacky event where they got to give me one of their alliance cards, turning me into one.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #152994

An0n3 wrote:I have a 100% Cylon rate in that game. I'm always the tater.

The one time I wasn't, the two guys playing as (outed) Cylons pulled some wacky event where they got to give me one of their alliance cards, turning me into one.
Its a standard space, in core, and with any expansion it happens the second the cylon reveals to prevent the cylon handing a card off from being a huge tell, but you can't give someone your outed card, only a secret one.

Basically it lets the cylons have the same sized team if one person gets two cylon cards.

Also I still really want to play this with you guys.
Zellion wrote:I've played battlestar galactica a few times with friends, it's actually really fun. Especially when you're the traitor and you manage to throw the blame onto someone else, then surprise everyone by revealing at a crucial moment.
"Okay, here's an executive order so you get two turns, nuke the fucking basestar!"
"....no."
Literally happened last night. The Admiral in a 3 player game EO'ed me to FTL us away from 2 base stars and 10 raiders fucking us while we had 3 damage and 7 civies.

I used it to out as a cylon and damage us twice, and managed to damage FTL and the hangar on top of this.
XSI

Post by XSI » #152999

Poke me sometime, we'll play

We'll play EVERYTHING

I also played the battlestar thing on Vassal. Vassal is kinda junk but it works. I'm apparently pretty awful at it but it's still fun
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153007

Played battlestar a few times, the one time i was the cylon i managed to blow up whatever the airforce one equivalent spaceship is, and they lost soon after. It is a good game.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153009

Is anyone game to play some time later today?

I was thinking 7 PM EST, but I am flexible on the time.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #153014

Arkham Horror is fucking tough
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153017

I love arkham horror but my friends all hate how log it takes to play and how complex it is. I just love that you can become a nun who rides a motorcycle around the mean streets dropping punk ass shoggoths with the dread curse of azathoth. Shit is cash
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153020

Kor wrote:Arkham Horror is fucking tough
With or without expansions?

Akham Horror core is known for being baby tier to the point that vesus almost every core elder god the optimal strategy is to just nut up, get a fuckton of weapons, and punch the elder god over and over. The other old gods are still really easy to beat just by understanding how Arkham Horror handles gates and making sure to lock down certain locations faster than others while hoarding clues and cycling through the magic item deck to grab elder signs and the magic deck to get find gate.

Dunwich Horror is what makes the game actually challenging for Investigators who got their shit together by preventing you from just steamrolling the board by understanding how to value certain resources.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #153026

dezzmont wrote:
Kor wrote:Arkham Horror is fucking tough
With or without expansions?

Akham Horror core is known for being baby tier to the point that vesus almost every core old god the optimal strategy is to just nut up, get a fuckton of weapons, and punch Cthulhu over and over again.
I saw the pharoah and a king in yellow card so expansions maybe?

Also we have not reached the final boss yet so I can't comment on how difficult they may or may not be. I was under the assumption that you basically lost if they showed up.

Right now the streets are just flooded with monsters and portals are fucking everywhere while we crawl around at an abyssmal pace.

I did find a sweet sword though.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #153030

Wha... oh my god.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... t=twilight

And my group was just talking about how much of a pain in the ass it is to play it physically.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153035

Assign your highest will character to monster patrol and arm them up like a valid hunting grayshirt, will is hard to boost and you generally lose sanity faster than health. If you have a potential game ending amount of monsters temporarily get two fighters. Then do your best to burn through the spell deck, explore spell locations, money locations, and do whatever it takes to get the find gate spell. Meanwhile hoard clues and tag out the monster hunter if they get enough clues to seal a gate, and have someone working to temporarily close gates if you get close to 7.

Once you get find gate pass it to anyone going to explore a gate and start rapidly sealing gates, starting with black woods and grsveyard. Meanwhile start churning through the magic items for the elder sign. Depending on elder god prep for the fight by getting the most powerful weapons that it isn't immune to and getting trophies it attacks.

Avoid paying for skills and common items as they are overpriced, and don't get allies unless you are swimming in trophies.

If you do this and hold all items, money, and spells as team resources you can almost always win.

Jack and Drake are basically auto includes for grabbing the sign and find gate. Diamond is super good at closing gates as he can waste fewer clues passing gate cards, and can hunt monsters well enough and the rich girl who's name I can't remember has surprisingly good stats and can fund the hunt. Avoid the doctor like the plague as his average state spread HURTS his versatility, he is slow which is bad for someone who needs to follow people, and health is cheap to recover and hard to lose. The salesman ducks as well but not as hard because even though you never willingly buy common items you find them a lot.
XSI

Post by XSI » #153043

I'd join, but I'm running a pen and paper today
Also my mic is broken so I'd be talking text only

That said, poke me on steam, I might be done with the pen and paper by the time it rolls around
Whenever that is with your silly non-standard timezones
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #153076

Arkham Horror sucks as a co-operative game.

There's very little "co-operation" and more "do what I tell you to do if you want to win".
When I first started playing it I liked it a lot, but over the years and playing it more and more everyone I know has come to despise it completely.
It's been years since any of us wanted to play it at all. Now that we know it for what it really is, we all hate it.

If you want a better HP Lovecraft inspired game try Mansions of Madness.

Arkham Horror is just tryhard or losehard.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #153090

RIP pen and paper
Player got sick

I'm up for playing if you still got stuff going
Downloaded the resistance, secret hitler and the Battlestar thing+expansions
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153094

We are finishing up a battlestar game right now and anyone who wishes to join after can. It may be an hour or two.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #153103

I used to play this a lot with my buddies. Mainly BSG
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #153104

I remember hopping onto some public MP games with a friend. People there are fucking wild man lemme tell ya, we went onto this weird animu game and we sat there for like 15 minutes trying to even understand what they were talking about before we got wordlessly banned.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

XSI

Post by XSI » #153107

Well post your steams and we'll get to organising
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #153145

Every game

EVERY SINGLE GAME

[youtube]mYuF3T7s7XY[/youtube]

Maybe one more cringe
Spoiler:
[youtube]uXvqrxscL58[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #153205

Damn you for making me crave a game and force to spend my meager pay... but I'm a sucker to tabletop games, especially mafia style.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #153243

if I get this will you nerds play games with me
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153245

Yeah I have been playing it near daily and really want to get a game going with you guys tonight.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #153249

My Steam username is Capid, so yeah, the idea would be to play some games and yell at each other.
Last edited by capi duffman on Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153261

That is not in fact your steam username.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #153263

My god i wish we could play like... battletech on it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #153269

Alright, one of my buddies is again pestering me for a game.

Anyone who wants to play should add Dezzmont on steam. I am in the /tg/station group and should be easy to find.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #153281

dezzmont wrote:That is not in fact your steam username.
I guess Capid serves then.
XSI

Post by XSI » #153282

I'm in if the timing works out

Yesterday's pen and paper moved to today, but the guy we waited on may still be sick
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #153584

Well I guess I got this and never used it, sure I'm up for it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #153642

ThanatosRa wrote:My god i wish we could play like... battletech on it.
Abaracadabara. I grant your wish.

http://megamek.info/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #153653

ONE OF THESE DAYS I WILL LEARN TO PLAY IT I SWEAR
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT