The Culling: Battle Royale meets Smash TV

Talk about video games here
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

The Culling: Battle Royale meets Smash TV

Post by EndgamerAzari » #157781

It's in Alpha right now, and I got in. It's sort of like Rust, except instead of building shelters and hunting for food you've got thirty minutes to find/make weapons and hunt down the other players. I'll be streaming it for most of the evening. Come watch!

http://www.hitbox.tv/endgamerazari

Edit: Game crashed, taking a break for now.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Re: The Culling: Battle Royale meets Smash TV

Post by Zilenan91 » #157849

So it's another early access crafting PvP survival game?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #157861

fun stream, game looks super neat

edit: my favorite parts from the time that i watched:
1. when azari was kicking this one dude's ass and the dude ran, and jumped off of a cliff to get away, and fucking landed and walked it off like nothing happened (it was a huge ass cliff too)
2. when azari narrowly escaped the poison gas, then returned to the area it was in. then a global event happened that caused all the gas machines to activate, and azari was like "oh but i'll be fine this one literally just went off already." then two seconds later gas was everywhere and he was like "NOPE I'M WRONG"
Last edited by PKPenguin321 on Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #157873

BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE white vans BULLSHIT BLOWGUNS

MURDERTIME HAS RESUMED

Edit: murdertime over for tonight. Thanks for watching, guys.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158195

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #158199

sorry i can't stay up late tonight i have work in the morning :(
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158230

IT'S OVER
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #158276

You forgot to link the game.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158287

Gawd, fine, here http://theculling.com/
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158361

Favorite moments from the alpha:

Killing a guy who was much better armed than me by luring him into a snare, then pepper-spraying him and beating him to death with my fists
PUNJI STICKS
The numerous times I killed fleeing opponents by throwing weapons into their backs as I chased them
Beating down a dumbfuck who thought he could kill me in melee with 15 health, just because he shot me with a blowgun first
Accidentally blowing up an explosive barrel by tossing caltrops on it
PUNJI STICKS

Least favorite moments:

The discovery that claymore mines are a thing
Basically anything involving a blowgun
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158496

So you're saying blowguns blow?
What a twist.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158528

They fuck up your vision, they make you stun-puke three times over the course of like two minutes, and multiple hits reset the timer. They're also stupidly easy to make, the ammo recipe is bugged so it only takes rocks to make, and every motherfucker uses one because they're basically an easy win button.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158533

EndgamerAzari wrote:They fuck up your vision, they make you stun-puke three times over the course of like two minutes, and multiple hits reset the timer. They're also stupidly easy to make, the ammo recipe is bugged so it only takes rocks to make, and every motherfucker uses one because they're basically an easy win button.
I watched a few Let's Players.

Sounds like shit, indeed, but probably still won't help you against any asshole who rolled high and got an actual gun.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158534

DemonFiren wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:They fuck up your vision, they make you stun-puke three times over the course of like two minutes, and multiple hits reset the timer. They're also stupidly easy to make, the ammo recipe is bugged so it only takes rocks to make, and every motherfucker uses one because they're basically an easy win button.

Sounds like shit, indeed, but probably still won't help you against any asshole who rolled high and got an actual gun.
Yeah, but I can count the amount of times I got killed by an actual gun on one hand. Real guns are later-game stuff, whereas every Goddamn tryhard and his 400-pound grandma has a blowgun within two minutes of the match starting. I got fucked up so many times by those damn sneezepipes. As far as I could tell it was basically the meta.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #158536

EndgamerAzari wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:

Yeah, but I can count the amount of times I got killed by an actual gun on one hand. Real guns are later-game stuff, whereas every Goddamn tryhard and his 400-pound grandma has a blowgun within two minutes of the match starting. I got fucked up so many times by those damn sneezepipes. As far as I could tell it was basically the meta.
Lemme guess, the recipe's intended to use rocks and a poison vent.

When you playing this again?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #158537

Yeah, you're supposed to use a gas vent for making extra ammo. Instead you just point your blowgun at rocks and let the nanites do their thing.

The alpha's over, but I think the game launches in early access sometime this month. I'll probably pick it up on the 15th when I get paid again, so I'll probably be streaming it some more after that.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #159957

IT'S OUT AND ONLY $13.50 RIGHT NOW

SOMEAYOOS GET IT SO I CANS MURDERS YA
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #159989

i dont think itd work on my pc
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #160067

I want this since the thought of ending another life in melee combat excites me in ways that make my pants tighter but sadly I am low on funds for the moment.

Consider me down to clown when I get it though
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160140

Awwww yeeeeeah

You can chase people into my massive patches of punji sticks while I throw rocks at them
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160165

I want to get in there and hone my OPERATING skills.

But, alas, I have work and am going to fucking die of it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160168

I too wish to cull, because cullin' makes me feel good. I'll try to get it later in the week.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160171

Since we're skipping horrible MMO Tuesdays I'll probably stream this later tonight. I'll post a link when I do so you can all listen to me scream about FUCKING BLOWGUNS
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #160253

Snap purchased now that it is out.

Our dreams of teaming up to shit on randos is nearly realized.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160256

OOOOH SHIIIIIT SOOOOONNNNN

WE DUNKIN' TONITE?!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160257

This is a neat game, but I find it obnoxious to play due to the Australian-American ping difference.

Nothing sucks more than missing two Rifle rounds due to latency then getting killed and unable to block a melee attack.

I sometime's get ok games with ok ping, other time's its out the window. The sooner there's a oceanic server the better.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160303

Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #160537

I bought it. Who's down?
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160546

Maccus wrote:I bought it. Who's down?
Just bought it. Gon' take an hour for me to download though.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160585

Maccus and I are bumbling ourselves to death http://www.hitbox.tv/endgamerazari
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160609

Azari is a 10/10 purge partner, would cull with again.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #160629

>300 ping
>500 ping
>durr you suck at dis game

This is why I hate games and I just play Armageddon Empires.

I'm looking forward to the release of oceanic servers.

-----

Minor recent experience I had, near round start I ran into the satellite building and found another person there, I shot him with a alarm gun and then ran away (good luck fighting anyone on 300+ ping), this guy procedes to chase me down for the next ten minutes (literally) until I eventually just circle strafe a Toxic Pump and activate it, killing myself and leaving him at 1/4th health as he runs away.

He gets nothing out of it aside from keeping his dinky crafted spear and is now at the 15 or so minute mark with little to show for it. He was really dedicated to killing me as I ran all the way from Sat-Com, to the north Central river and all the way to the Gas Station, at one point he spends two minutes looking for me in the same bush area when I give him the slip before he finds me.

There's such a thing as overcommitting.

It was amusing.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #160712

If oper8's don't h8ppen tonight I'm down to cull some scrubbers
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160727

THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:Azari is a 10/10 purge partner, would cull with again.
That's a pretty high rating for someone who died and let you get mobbed to death.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #160732

EndgamerAzari wrote:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON wrote:Azari is a 10/10 purge partner, would cull with again.
That's a pretty high rating for someone who died and let you get mobbed to death.
Ah the same thing would have happened to you if the roles were reversed, that was a tough situation.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160742

All right, I got this.

Let's see how dead I am.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #160743

I'll grab it to fuck around in like four hours when I get back from work if you nerds are playin.

We got a teamspeak already too.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160756

Oh God I started a trend

IS...IS THIS WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO MATTER?!
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #160758

Or we're all bored out of our fucking minds
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160760

Y'know what, I'll take it.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160773

Well, I pulled an all-nighter and am way too fucking old for this and now I got some sleep but not enough and so I'm technically barely awake but completely overexcited and I tend to write massive fucking walls of text for the most minor subjects suggesting that I am in dire need of something to do so naturally I bought the game and would really like to play with you fuckwits in a bit if I can stay conscious for that long so see you later.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Maccus

Post by Maccus » #160799

Slapped two rocks together. Made a knife. Slapped a knife and a stick together. Made a spear.

Chased down and mercilessly unga bunga'd a guy to death with a spear like Homo sapiens meeting Neanderthals for the first time. Got unzipped soon after by a guy with two rocks, though I did manage to set off enough poison gas to screw over quite a few people.
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160802

Azari you had better have "dank meme" and "Internet trendsetter" on your resume, lest our shitposts be in vain
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #160805

im not sure my pc can run this game but i'd like to try it some day
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160809

Wyzack wrote:Azari you had better have "dank meme" and "Internet trendsetter" on your resume, lest our shitposts be in vain
Sadly those are among my most marketable skills
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160812

My comp is chugging a little, surprisingly, and of course c-4 can't be remote detonated thanks to a big fucking bug.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #160813

tbh your cover letter should just be a page of all of Wiznard's ebig OC. That will net you any job your heart desires
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #160830

unless you have one already here

109.169.56.53:11247
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #160832

I'm tempted to play this tonight.

But, alas, I am a normal responsible person and have normal responsible work.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #160838

I wonder if there's a way to set up a private server so we can just Lord-of-the-Flies the shit out of each other.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote: