Deff Wang

Talk about video games here
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Deff Wang

Post by Wyzack » #229587

Bottom post of the previous page:

Open beta is up. Woop woop time 2 purge xeno
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #229684

It's good. It's of course buggy as all hell right now (keys getting stuck, rampant disconnects, long load times, animation glitches, etc.) and some stuff straight up doesn't fucking work (level ups don't carry over from one playthrough to the next) but it plays well despite that and has some fun stuff going on.

The hit indicators (from when you take damage) are kinda useless in every situation except when one enemy sneaks up behind you and smacks you in the back of the head. They're way too subtle and the screen flashing and flooding BLOODY RED SO REAL when you are taking a lot of damage makes them impossible to fucking see anyway. I was blocking a bunch of guys with my sword while completely unaware that there were some dudes behind me tearing me a new asshole because of all the shit going on. Not good. Needs a better indicator for "There's a fucker behind you", because honestly that's all we fucking care about, right? you don't need a hit marker to tell you there is a dude in front of you or to the side shooting you. We only ever look at that shit to see if someone is behind us so what's the fucking deal? I'd rather have a goddamn rearview mirror on my suit than this useless thing.

Friendly Fire On seems to be the way to go but watch out for that fucking mace wielding assault guy holy fucking shit. His slam attack one-shots teammates and has an AOE = one slam kills the entire unit except for him what the fuck why.

Librarians Harry Potter magic is fuck all useless. I don't think the lightning bolt even kills the basic Genestealer. Probably a bug. His sword is pretty damn good though. The swipe is nice and wide for killing a lot of guys in front of you. Doesn't seem to reach as far forward as the powerfist though.

Apothecary is indeed God-Tier for his ability to heal himself, others, and even the entire team passively at once. He gets a powerfist and a stormbolter just like the tac-marine so he's quite capable of holding his own in a fight as well.

Meta-shitter squad comp would seem to hint at using two tac-marines and two-apo's at the moment. This way no matter what the fuck happens you should be able to spam heals and revives and just grind your way through anything that goes wrong.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #229707

Well that was completely and utterly crap for my first run at it

Definitely was not a fun experience. Considering a refund but I might try it again since I'm still under Steam's 2 hour mark
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #229731

You can go past the 2 hour mark on the beta, it's a separate entity.

Also, anon, levels not carrying over is intended. You're meant to go to the next level with them but that's it. Right now they're meant to reset when you leave a game. Supposed to be a progressive campaign.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #229829

Bolters need buffing, it's around 12 shots to kill one genestealer. Faster to just swing your power arm twice to kill a group of them.

Spear of caliban is nuts though.

Looking through the beta files, there will be a chainfist

[youtube]CC_IrHJHZcc[/youtube]

Devs left all the story intro audio files in the beta files.

[youtube]dh6EkWtD7SY[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #229845

DrPillzRedux wrote:You can go past the 2 hour mark on the beta, it's a separate entity.
Alright then
Suppose that is fair, I won't have to worry about time limits

Also
>Check into this issue with loading times
>People saying they dont have this issue and proudly talking about their SSD
>I have an SSD and loading times are still shit
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #229849

It varies for everyone. I don't have it on my SSD but my load times are like 15 seconds now compared to 3 minutes the first few times I launched the game.

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #229879

Another round and things went a lot better
Still loads of bugs, but they'll fix those. Nothing they aren't already aware of it from my quick check

Even using the spear I still dislike how the guns feel. It's functional, but just not that great. Compared to the bolter, which was essentially nonfunctional and definitely not great
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #230031

The bolter feels pathetic and innacurate

The game is buttery smooth but too dark, feels like I'm an fat neckbeard with a dollar store flashlight taped to my nerfgun then a highly trained uber-mench with a rocket gun. its fun enough but needs a lot of work on load-times and game feel. right now its point and click or point and click HARDER
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #230050

The highlighting of enemies on your auspex is pretty cool, just a shame its only in zoom mode and the zoom is so great to be mostly useless.

The assault cannon is disappointingly pathetic.
Inaccurate, kicks your aim all over the place, and its weak.
And it has a spin up mechanic which I absolutely hate - rotary cannons don't need to spool up! They start off shooting really fucking quick and maybe get slightly quicker, they're also really accurate and don't suffer much kick because of the centrifugal force from spinning barrel and sheer mass of them.

Worst thing is the barrel doesn't stay spinning long enough, so burst firing doesn't work - gotta spray your load constantly.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #230061

The assault cannon makes me really sad.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #230152

No
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #230191

Game has been patched so you can only have one Apo per squad now. Good thinking I guess. Apo is mandatory in each unit.

I don't think the Assault Cannon is as bad as people make it out to be. It's not really meant to kill one guy at a time, you're supposed to be blowing your load into swarms and tides of enemies. Yeah, it's worse than a bolter at killing one single genestealer running at you. Welcome to balance.

The advantage the heavy has over assault is that he's slightly safer from taking return damage and has medium range compared to the assault's ability to just straight-up outkill him when it comes to handling hordes (if he has the mace/hammer, that is). The heavy is also a lot less of a liability for friendly-fire than the assault.

I think most people's gripes about individual weapon balance is just exaggerated "we need something to complain about". Playing through a whole mission with a group of people all using different stuff you'll see that everyone fits into a role, and each role has a fairly even spread of good/bad things.

The only balance point I think really sticks right now is Assault vs. Librarian. The Librarian is much better until the Assault unlocks his final ability, the shield, at which point the Assault becomes the best kill-and-smash class in the game. In a way I guess that's balanced but I find myself watching a lot of Assaults get ripped to pieces repeatedly or gunned down by turrets/rocket launchers and wondering if that guy maybe should've gone Librarian instead.

I think I may have said this before but a lot of your comparisons of "This Plasma gun is strictly the best weapon in the game!" and "Assault cannon is pure garbage" come from the fact that you're playing with friendly fire turned off. Stop being babbies and play the real man's game and you realize there are balancing points to those weapons you have turned off because you are on gimped easy mode.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #230260

CosmicScientist wrote:How is the bolter bad? Does it not make a genestealer think twice before looking you in the eyes/make them stumble from the small explosions?
Haha no
10+ shots to kill one and there is no stumbling whatsoever if you use the bolter on them

Biggest problem I have with the game right now is that it doesn't feel like Space Hulk. It's just left4dead with WH40k sauce. You shoot a bunch of them as they run at you, then you shoot into melee/throw around your own melee a bit. They don't feel like genestealers ambushing and/or overwhelming you, they're just slightly smarter zombies that know how to get around a door. Then once they reach you they spend a while beating on you until they get pulled off or you die, whichever happens first. It's disappointing when I saw the name "Space hulk" in it and the only space hulk part of it is the graphics and look of it all.

Combined with how huge and open every area you go is, it's not like you're on a claustrophobic space hulk. You're on a space cruise liner

As it is right now, Spork Bork does Space Hulk better, it doesn't have the looks but it feels better about it.
Spork Bork's xeno threat is actually dangerous and threatening, you absolutely do not want to face those and you are thankful when you can lock up a breach with a laser fence. It feels like you have actually achieved something when you go into a busy area full of them and clear it out, then lock it off.
Death Wing's genestealers are just sorta there. They're a nuisance that blocks you from moving along to the next objective rather than a serious problem. Only the big ones are really dangerous, and only if you're already swarmed with small ones at that. You get hundreds of kills, but it doesn't feel like you really did much for them. It just happens as you get enough around you that you literally can't miss.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #230310

I like Spork Bork but I don't think the two games really bear comparison. They're similar aesthetics and the rough idea of the games are similar but the point of them is completely different:

Spork Bork is a roguelike horror game that's designed to disorient you and be spooky as hordes of shit fly down poorly lit hallways at you.

Space Hulk is a co-op action game with the main draw being RIP AND TEAR the xenos.

Also if you aim carefully you can kill a genestealer with 2-3 shots to the head/torso so again I don't know what people are complaining about. I agree though that I wish the impacts of the bolter rounds had more report. I want to see them stagger and more chunks get blown off from damage...but if you could stunlock guys with the stormbolter the game would be piss easy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI

Post by XSI » #230346

Chunks do get blown off from damage. I saw a few with torso chunks missing in close range, and one with a chunk of its skull blown off when I stopped shooting and just waited to see how much damage they actually do to a standing marine. You just rarely see this because it doesn't seem to change anything in the animation, or you're firing blindly into a large group and it's going to die shortly after that anyway. Or it's too far away to be noticable. They are dark grey/black aliens on a dark grey/black area with lots of shadows after all.

But that too, yes. For a game with the main draw being to rip and tear through the xeno horde, the xenos are remarkably durable and don't react much to being hurt. On the gameplay it is not at all like the other Space Hulk games, and honestly that's alright. It's just different and not as I expected(And hoped).
Spork Bork with xenos the size of players(Possibly bigger, and with less of them plus much better AI), no astrocreeps, would be essentially what would fit the idea of it all.
I can see a lot of inspiration was drawn from them story and visuals wise, but it feels like the gameplay was designed based on a more broad "Warhammer space marines? OKAY PURGE THE XENOS WOOOOO!" idea
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #235484

I got halfway in before dropping this steaming pile of garbage.

DO NOT BUY THIS SHIT!

a correct post by pillz
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #235486

The art direction is absolutely perfect.

Gameplay is a bit dull.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #235489

The art direction is perfect but everything else sucks ass.

a correct post by pillz
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #235491

haha shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
people seemed so psyched for this at the start of this thread
what a shame
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #235492

STEAM IS GIVING OUT REFUNDS EVEN IF YOU HAVE OVER 3 HOURS

WE HAVE HIT DEFCON 5 OF SHITTY GAME!

a correct post by pillz
XSI

Post by XSI » #235493

Thats never a good sign
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #235496

Was really hype for this but the beta drove me to refund
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #235517

DrPillzRedux wrote:STEAM IS GIVING OUT REFUNDS EVEN IF YOU HAVE OVER 3 HOURS

WE HAVE HIT DEFCON 5 OF SHITTY GAME!
Pretty sure there is unofficial wiggle room on every game, I've heard about this before for other titles (even in the case of NMS, when they posted that there was no special refund policy while giving out refunds over 2 hours).

Anyway, thinking of all the things that fall short and bug me made me realize how badly I want L4D3. Maybe I should just go check out some mod campaigns for L4D2 instead.
XSI

Post by XSI » #235572

I've put in a refund request

People everywhere are doing it, so I have nobody to play with. From here, people refunded it. From other places, refunded.
So now I can't try it out, which basically means there was no point to me even buying this

Sad, really. Maybe if they really do much better in a few months
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #235580

Apparently the only people who like it are those who were only interested in single player. But the vast majority assumed it was going to be vermintide 40k so obviously the feel tricked
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #235613

Im not refunding if the single player is good.

Multiplayer can wait. Streum came back to EYE with some changes and a new translation even though there was practically no money in it for them to do so.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #235621

Welp, on to hoping Dawn of War 3 is half as good as the first one.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #235632

Davidchan wrote:Welp, on to hoping Dawn of War 3 is half as good as the first one.

Don't, save yourself the dissapointment
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #235701

Davidchan wrote:Welp, on to hoping Dawn of War 3 is half as good as the first one.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #236668

I really really wanted to like this game, but the hitches (which I didn't get in beta!) ruined everything for me.

The weapons really don't feel like they have any impact either.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #237223

I dont get the thought behind not having actual progression. It doesnt make sense.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412022

WISE FROM YOUR GWABE

Enhanced Edition releases tomorrow on PC. It's free for everyone who still has the game from before.

Gonna try this again and hope it's better than before. I don't really remember what was so awful about it the first time, but who the fuck cares.

Shoot bugs. Punch Bugs. Has some kind of progression now. More guns and shit. Cosmetics. Wew.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #412078

Pretty visuals, great use of the wh40k theme.
But other than being slow as fuck you didn't really feel like a Super Human in a walking Tank Suit.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #412089

Yeah my biggest complaint is that the guns feel like shit to use. Sound design isnt terribly good, and they should be tearing through low tier/gaunts and cultists but they dont, which turns every fight into an awful slog. I think if they address these issues and add a persistent levelling/progression system it could be a pretty good game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412091

>sound design isnt terribly good

*inhales*

BOY

Those bolter noises

Come on now
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #412102

The bolters sound like wet dog farts tuned to sound like an m60

Now the 1993 Space Hulk game.
[youtube]FTYzcMgJeI0[/youtube]

That, now that, has some terribly good bolter sounds
[youtube]zGcy4nqUgtw[/youtube]
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #412222

Wyzack wrote: I think if they address these issues and add a persistent levelling/progression system it could be a pretty good game
If you think progression systems are how to fix a bad game, EA would love to hire you.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #412231

I mean, not in every case but I think in this case it really would help. They already have a progression system, it is just weak as fuck and only keeps your progress on a per-mission basis so you have to start from square one at the beginning of each match. Not the biggest deal in the world but I wasn't a fan of it and it is one of the major problems people had with the game
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #412236

Not a big fan of progression systems as their only long term effect on a community is to segregate players, newer or casual players just unable to keep up with veteran and hardcore players due to a mechanical advantage. In a PvE game its not as big of deal, but it's still discouraging newer players to stick with it when their best loadouts are going to be less effective than even suboptimal loadouts a person with 20-100 levels above them would have, leaving new players feeling like dead weight and in many PvE games with progressions veteran players all but refuse to play with anyone not above a certain level since that player just can't contribute because the game won't let them.

There are examples of good progression systems, but these are ones where side grades are unlocked through progression and not mechanically or statistically better gear or buffs. You may unlock a new rifle at level 5 that does more damage, but it shoots slower or has a smaller magazine and DPS wise the default one has better sustained damage, at level 10 you can trade your 10% bonus health perk for a speed boost or maybe armor that makes you take less from small hits but big hits drop you faster, ect...

In game/per match basis Progression systems are much better in my opinion because everyone starts out on the same footing, if the progression system is properly tuned than players who contribute the most to the team effort are thusly rewarded and the team grows in power together, which can better encourage cooperative play between players. This also allows players to be somewhat competitive to be the best player in any given round so they can get top spot bragging rights, with it possible for even new players to the game to take top spot if they are talented or coached by veteran players on what to do, which in turn can encourage new players to stay with the community and continue playing the game when they feel they can make a difference in individual matches rather than just filling out a spot and soaking up XP till the game finally decides to grace them with stats able to play at the same level as their friends.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412252

If they make the starting kits fun and interesting with more options, permutations, and customization locked behind progress it gives you incentive to keep playing and keeps the game fresh through those hundreds of hours.

Making progress a mechanic in a round-to-round basis creates a weird metagame centered around funneling experience into key players to get bigger numbers and promotes degenerate strategies like destroying your own team's resources to prevent enemies from getting the exp for them, spending time away from the actual gameplay to "power up", competing with team-mates over resources, etc. etc.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #412253

Deathwing also tried to do the whole sidegrade thing with variants of guns that arent just "gun but guns harder' and they kind of succeeded in that respect, but a lot of the sidegrades are straight up bad compared to the starting storm bolter and as far as I can tell nothing was ever tweaked to make it more usable.

Also did i mention the fucking description for the Mace of Caliban was in fucking french when none of the other weapons were? Like two fucking years after release? How the christ does this happen?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412258

Le smosh smosh
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #412417

So serious question, do the guns still feel like squirt guns against even the lowliest xenos in the new edition or did they finally make more than just a game that looks convincingly like a 40k Space hulk and make it one that feels like it too?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #412422

I've only tried some of the single player campaign so far.

It feels good? Lots of mowing down tidal waves of dudes. The regular storm bolter can kill the tiniest bugs and cultists in one head shot, or 2-3 shots to the body. Bigger bugs don't take that many more rounds. It may not be lore appropriate but from a gameplay sense it feels good and it fits the storm bolter in as a general purpose gun that fires fast enough with enough damage to keep a relatively small batch of xenos away by itself. It's accurate for getting assholes with rocket launchers and turrets at a distance.

It cannot hold back the tidal wave by itself, at all. If it could the game wouldn't have any challenge to it at all, you'd just point into the enemies and hold left click until it's over. Expect to have to start parrying, slashing/punching guys when the real shit hits the fan and you either need to reload or clear a jam but they keep coming anyway.

If it was that stronk other weapons like the assault cannon, flamethrower, plasma cannon, etc. just wouldn't have a purpose. The assault cannon DOES single-handedly puree a whole horde of enemies and its satisfying as fuck to use. The problem is it burns through its ammo fast and has piss poor accuracy at long range.

So all in all like it's hard to explain how it feels. I would guess that it's not as powerful as a 40k grognard would want it to be, but it feels really good to make the game an actual game and not a snooze-fest. In a tight corridor you can chew through like 8 bugs of random sizes before you have to reload, but the game likes to fire HORDES at you so it might feel like the storm bolter is not enough to keep the hordes back.

And it's not. By design.

You do get some fun times with it when you just pop two solid shots into a medium sized bug and it blows its head off and some arms and other chunks go flying. The juicy squish sound when you stomp through piles of dead bugs on your march forward. Good times.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #414246

After playing it a few more times:

Multiplayer is pretty fun. It's no Vermintide 2 but it's fun to play around with all the toys and try different things. We've only been playing on Normal and with just a few exceptions where a boss showed up out of nowhere and ganked someone it's been relatively smooth going.

I play mostly as the Heavy, and with the Plasma gun, 2x reload speed, faster cooldown, and no jamming it's really pretty OP. But again, that's on Normal with no FF. I'd like to try cranking it up a little bit more before making a final judgement on the game. See how essential certain tactical choices and such make.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #415087

Dunno where to ask, thoughts about this? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2756 ... Kill_Team/
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #415103

Grazyn wrote:Dunno where to ask, thoughts about this? https://store.steampowered.com/app/2756 ... Kill_Team/
Do you like Gauntlet/Twin stick shooter type games? Do you like 40k spess mahreens? If yes, its a game for you. If not, at 2 and a half bucks its not a bad deal, 4-8 hour co-op campaign depending how thorough you are on finding secrets and grinding out classes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #415109

Just play Helldivers. It's Imperial Guard the game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #415114

Timbrewolf wrote:Just play Helldivers. It's Imperial Guard the game.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #416025

Insert ball of guardsmen planet here