Planetside 2: Zerg Simulator

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Planetside 2: Zerg Simulator

Post by Timbrewolf » #172672

Bottom post of the previous page:

I think with like...two fit Vanguards, a fit Sunderer, and a total of 6-7 players we could rule the world.

Vanguards fit HEAT rounds and anti-personnel turrets.
Sunderer fits two AA turrets and Ammo supply.

Everyone is an Engineer. Everyone maxes their repair tool, explosive armor, and then the "repair shit while inside a vehicle" passive.

We roll out and never stop.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #172677

I got the warden semiauto rifle for combat medic and it's been treating me pretty decently
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #172678

we roll out like a fat american who tripped over a hill u get me

once we metaphorically roll we metaphorically cant be stopped.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #172682

I'm so behind the band wagon which TS server do we even use

Anyway yeah I'm good mostly whenever, but during the early afternoon during the week/all day on weekend my connection may shit the bed because my sister invested in Netflix
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172686

TS is still (109.169.56.53:11247)

I'm curious how good the Valkyrie could be if we stuff a fucking ton of people in it. It has room for six of us altogether. A pilot, a nose gunner, and then four dudes just hanging out the sides free to fire their guns at shit. People typically either slot engineers (to keep the ship repaired) or heavy assault dudes (missile barrages).

Not sure we can get six of us on at the same time yet, though.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #172689

Alright, thanks

And I've never even see the Valkyrie, though the rumble seats look fun

>WARP QUEUES

Ded game
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #172703

Invested in the Reaver. Time to git gud with it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #172710

The Valkyrie is good, but the people inside it won't really get a lot of action without lockon rockets, and those aren't going to do you a lot of good if you fly that close. It is designed for hotdrops of light and heavy infantry, which are actually pretty devistating, or as an alternate heavy infantry rocket clowncar that isn't as good.

If you are starting out as NC I will echo An0n3's statements that you shouldn't go out buying a ton of guns. NC's combat tactics are defined by our amazingballs Heavy Assault supported by combat medics who don't fight whenever possible and to a lesser extent our really awesome infiltrators.

Our Infiltrators start out with their one shot headshot rifles, which helps to some extent with our ability to dominate at standoffs, especially versus TR. However if you really want to ruin some facists and cultists suit up as heavy assault. The NC starts with the best LMG in the game default. Not their best, the best. Our Gauss SAW has a terrifyingly low TTK and extreme accuracy for the first few shots, but suffers from extreme spread and recoil, however good heavy infantry players still will trade 3 or even 4 to 1 versus the other empires by using good trigger discipline. The trick is that if you stop firing for even the briefest of moments the SAW's recoil totally resets, meaning that a good heavy assault can fire what seems to be an unbroken string of full auto at pinpoint accuracy. If you practice in VR you can take out an enemy MAX in about half a clip. I have played in outfits where a single squad of heavy assaults properly supported by its embedded medics who do nothing besides revive managed to take on 48 players and hold them off from the crown just by using zone fire and resetting the spread.

After you get your feet wet basically playing like a god damn 40k space marine effortlessly cutting down the enemies like chaff, you can experiment with stuff like light infantry squads (Where medics and engineers tend to actually shoot their guns) and flanking LAs and the like, but understanding the NC heavy assault game is the key to understanding what your job is as any other class, everyone else is there to make sure the HAs do their thing.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #172823

Speaking as an Infiltrator player, the NC's unlockable railgun sniper rifle is also by FAR the best in the game. Running with the crossbow and Stalker cloak can also net some serious points.

Plus, if you get ~6 infiltrators with explosive crossbow bolts, you can ASSASSINATE TANKS.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #172824

I like drifter jets on a light assault.

Jump off the top of a bio lab or tech plant and drift out over the top of the enemy's armored zerg to drop gifts of C4 on them like troll santa.
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #172836

I just signed up. Irish0
Last edited by IrishWristWatch0 on Sun May 01, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #172837

Redownloaded it a couple of days ago. So far I've been kind of sucky since I haven't touched an FPS in ages. Been mostly playing support roles and heavy gunner. Since I had a shit ton of certs I went ahead and unlocked the anti tank turret for the engineer. I mostly use it for sort of guerilla tactics on enemy bases and armor, hiding it in buildings, on balconies, taking some pot shots at tower turrets and tanks before running off to set it up in another spot when the enemy starts returning fire.

Also my ingame name is Kreyvnmorhed if anyone wants to add me
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #172841

I think we should create our own outfit but it might be more fun to be in a bigger outfit.
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
Lzimann's best friend.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #172857

Join one of the pubby ones and try and coordinate with them in their platoons. That's what I did back when I played an I had an absolute blast rolling with 1000 people
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #172863

[youtube]Lmtu5A3UWqI[/youtube]
/vg/station Head Admin
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172878

I joined up with Phoenix Battalion when I got back into the game. Super easy cert farming. They roll in full platoons pretty regularly so for me, as a Combat Medic, I toss out one revive grenade and get a billion SQUAD REVIVE +HOLYSHITXP. I recommend applying to them if you're NC on Emerald.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #172880

An0n3 wrote:I joined up with Phoenix Battalion when I got back into the game. Super easy cert farming. They roll in full platoons pretty regularly so for me, as a Combat Medic, I toss out one revive grenade and get a billion SQUAD REVIVE +HOLYSHITXP. I recommend applying to them if you're NC on Emerald.
I gotta wait until i hit BR 10. at I think 6 right now
Lzimann's best friend.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #172888

I've played this a few times, maybe I'll give it another shot. Has it gone to microtransaction hell yet?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172889

Luke Cox wrote:I've played this a few times, maybe I'll give it another shot. Has it gone to microtransaction hell yet?
I mean, it's kind of always been full of microtransactions if you want that shit.
You can grind like a motherfucker or just buy most things. It's rare to find something everyone has to work for, and even then you can just buy XP boosters to work less.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #172915

Also if you play mostly infantry and dont care about fancy vanity sidearms you can go completely free to play without really caring. Sure, the crossbow pistol is sorta cool but it isnt seriously used, NC starts with most of its top tier weapons already for its primary combat classes.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #172926

Yeah like...most of the weapon options are really really misleading.

You don't really need any of them until you've certed out everything else for your class. They should be your last priority unless you're playing Infiltrator and you want to go SMG asshole or Revolver Stalker. For everyone else you're much better off spending a few points to bolt some accessories onto your guns early, then going back to filling up the class certs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #172939

Only faction I played was Vanu. How are their starting weapons?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173001

Yeah, ps2 is one of the only f2p games that's not p2w.
Ironically is probably for that reason that it's the only f2p game I've thrown money at... loads a money
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #173009

NC medics, light assaults, and engineers don't have their optimal starting weapons, but for engineer and medic you have radically better upgrade options than a weapon, and light assaults are a really poor class to start on and the NC upgrade is cheap anyway.
Luke Cox wrote:Only faction I played was Vanu. How are their starting weapons?
Two of our classes start with either their absolute best weapon or one of the best. The NC Heavy assault's SAW is probably the best LMG in the game IF you know how to use it properly (Reset spread every second or two) and our bolt action starter sniper rifle is our one hit headshot rifle. The infi obviously has sidegrades but it means that our skilled Heavy and infi players can lock down utterly. Most fights with NC either have us cripplingly outnumbered or us holding the line, neither taking nor pushing, until the enemy relents.

The vanguard starts with an ok primary but its not the AP god tier. Its top gun is the crappy one. Our plane starts with an ok gun, but obviously has better upgrade paths and if you plan to be a fighter pilot you either are making an alt just for it so you can get the extra early certs to get your weapons anyway, or are pay to play.

Our max's starting loadout leaves a lot to be desired, as it lacks any real ability to be effective with its starting guns. The shotgun is great at anti-max, but anti-max requires two primaries and its lack of ammo capacity and range means you auto lose at any range above 10 meters anyway and at choke points anti-maxes suck. Playing as a starting AV or AA max still sucks with the shotguns because you can't reliably protect yourself from enemy infantry with the shotguns.

Standard NC tactics is to maintain strong fire lines mained by our heavy assaults and backed up by medics, we legit have the best heavy assault teams in the game, its insane how far from behind they can fight. Meanwhile our infiltrators either help hold the line or are set up to assassinate enemy medics, like most factions, though our better than normal sniper rifles mean that we obviously do deceptively good at range. Vanguards tend to play as either snipers or the critical hammer NC needs to push ahead, because our weakness is mobile combat, with weaker than normal LAs to start, and with poorly armed engineers. The SAW also loses a lot of its main draw when mobile of extreme damage and accuracy, and our maxes cant spearhead very well. Our fighters often wildly vacilate in power based on the meta.

Compared to the Vanu you require a lot more discipline with our guns. Bullet drop is in play and if you just hold down the trigger recoil will kill ya. You must also resist the urge to run and gun on most classes, unlike the vanu if your not ADS by the time the fight starts its over for a HA. However we do much better at vanu in almost every regard beides our MAX and fighter. If Vanu can't flank our medics, which can't happen if the Heavy Infantry is practicing good zone fire, we win without a crushing numbers gap beyond a 3:1 fight. However you will likely find our vehicles sluggish, and despite our ability to outfight lone NC do very poorly unless they are light assaults or infiltrators. Obviously skill matters a lot but we aren't TR, we can't constantly spin about and expect to win a fight just because we saw the guy before we died. That said it doesn't mean you are a slave to your outfit, though obviously for any faction outfits are king. Not everyone needs to be focusing on teamplay for you to benefit, you just need enough people so that you can be aware of problem areas before they kill you. One Heavy firing well supported by a medic and surrounded by idiots still fights and wins in 3 to 1 odds.
Our theme is essentially "Do your thing well, and make sure there are bodies on site, and you will crush it."
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173025

Yeah in my experience NC's biggest strength has been our ability to just absorb enemy bullets and then win when they eventually run out of ammo.

Playing as a Combat Medic foe NC almost feels like cheating. The XP fountain is absurd.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #173028

CosmicScientist wrote:I have to admit, I am interested to see how the game is once I'm back on a PC in over a month's time even if I couldn't get on at the same time as all of you.

I am still leery of prowlers and I don't want to think about light assault C4.

How do outpost (the tall places with landing pads?) and base assaults go for you? Or at least spin me your best tale of late as I know it doesn't always work out the same.
NC struggles with short range chokepoint fighting with close enemy spawns. So biolabs are in fact our greatest weakness in some ways, though in those spots our MAXs do come out to play. If you got an organized group running 4 max teams alongside our usual heavy rush you can be sure we win, a NC MAX that loses anything but a 5 on 1 fight within 10 meters can safely be diagnosed with some severe brain damage, but if there isn't we struggle hard.

Prowlers are pretty terrible right now IIRC. I rarely ever see them pulled instead of lightnings, because they dont do what you want a heavy tank to do. They are to lightnings as magriders are to harrassers, but unlike the magrider the upgrade is not significant, you aren't combining a harasser and a lightning to get a near unkillable dodgey-tank despite its light armor, you are getting something that strikes fast and hard. Despite its increased DPS without the defensive advantage of the forcefield or being dodgy as hell you aren't going to benefit compared to a lightning, which is why TR tank formations are almost exclusively based on lightnings. TR wins in the close game, and while they are stuck with lightnings, you shouldn't ever discount a lightning, they hit hard as hell and give TR's fantastic light infantry an in to swarm every corner of a building. While everyone uses Heavy Assaults, TR's bread and butter is its medics and light assaults in almost equal number, and because their carbines are so good even their engineers can play more agressively, which is why often times when trying to hit a TR building you will want to peek corners to make sure there isn't a turret there. If there is, pop a rocket instead of your SAW.

Light assaults in general are in a really bad spot right now, and I actually think C4 really needs a buff at the moment, to give you some idea as to how much an aversion to C4 lights should keep you away from the game. The risk to reward just isn't there, unless the fight is huge and you are playing with a dedicated specops squad going for a suicide bomb on sunderers.
An0n3 wrote:Yeah in my experience NC's biggest strength has been our ability to just absorb enemy bullets and then win when they eventually run out of ammo.

Playing as a Combat Medic foe NC almost feels like cheating. The XP fountain is absurd.
Yeah, a focus on heavy infantry above all else makes things really fun for the medics. Everyone dies in a nice little pile and the rest of the heavies make sure no one can really get to you to stop the revive.
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #173032

An0n3 wrote:Yeah in my experience NC's biggest strength has been our ability to just absorb enemy bullets and then win when they eventually run out of ammo.

What upgrades did you get as medic after you buy revive nades?
Lzimann's best friend.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173037

Priority for medic

1) Medic tool. (tool slot, only choice)
You need this thing. Healing people generates a stream of XP. Reviving people gives you a neat burst of it. Higher levels = faster healing and revives, longer range healing and revives, and revives at higher HP. Your bread and butter.
2) Revive grenade. (grenade slot)
Pull pin, throw into crowd of dead people. Receive thousands of XP. Surprises the shit out of the enemy when they are advancing over the dead and you throw it behind them. ZOMBIE FLANKING. Save these until there are at least 3-4 dead dudes on the ground and no medics nearby, though. Sometimes if I see some guys down behind cover I cannot get to I will throw a grenade over to just 2-3 people. Only get generous with these if you get
3) Grenade Belt (suit slot)
Gives you more revives. You may run into an issue where you are running out of resources after you start using these and the grenades a lot, so be careful. Revive nades are expensive at 75 a pop. Don't spam them, but don't die without having thrown any. I have this upgraded so I can carry 3 grenades total. Seems like just the right amount.
4) Medkit (utility slot)
For yourself. It's very, very rare that you need this, as you will usually be hanging out in a cluster of other medics all spamming heals on eachother and everyone nearby. Sometimes everyone else dies to a grenade and you're the only one left, though. Toss that revive grenade and then stab yourself with this.
5) Shield Generator (ability slot)
Gives you more constant XP stream and a substantial defensive boost to people around you. Put it on a chokepoint just out of sight so the enemy cant shoot it but it covers people as they step out of cover to fire at the enemy. Put it on a rally point so people can step backwards after making some shots, get healed by you and get their shields topped up quickly. Leveling this up and your medic tool together turns you into fucking hax for people nearby. Dezz has mentioned how brutal an NC heavy can be. Just wait until you see how much punishment a single HA can deal and dish when he's standing inside your bubble while you constantly heal him. I've seen guys stand there and mow down three TR while they all spray into him, no fucks given. It's nuts. Important to note that this is the only thing you can do to keep a MAX alive, since none of your stuff can heal him (unless he dies, then you can revive him) the best you can do is supercharge his shields.
6) Gun doodads
Reflex site, foregrip, etc. You will mostly only be shooting at infiltrators who are trying to sneak around the fighting and stab you in the ass. Most of the time you will be so busy keeping everyone else alive you will just end up getting stabbed. Don't get upset, just laugh when another one of the gorillion medics picks you right back up and your pal heavy weapons guy turns mister ninja man into a smear. Then get back to the healing.

Alternatively if you want to break your hippocratic oath and kill some motherfuckers

1) Medic Tool
Still need that shit
2) Healing cloud (ability slot)
I don't remember what the actual name for this is, but turning it on when your shields break essentially inflates your health pool to gigantic proportions
3) Nanoweave armor (suit slot)
Better damage mitigation = the health you have counts for more = your gigantic HP pool just got even bigger
4) Gun doodads
Hey, you're actually shooting people for a change! These are slightly more important now!
5) Revive Grenade (grenade slot)
Still your best choice. Go out in a blaze of glory, then watch as everyone else gets back up to do it again (and hopefully one of them revives you too). You specifically cannot revive yourself by throwing one of these and then dying before it goes off. I've had this happen, and for just a moment you get a really silly message where it says "Being revived by (your name here)" but you can't accept the revive.
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Mon May 02, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173043

Prowlers used to be good until the spandex nerds and legohead crybabies whined too much that SOE nerfed both the maurader and vulcan (though this was always best used on harassers), and nerfed the lockdown ability - it used increase projectile velocity a lot more, AP had a very flat trajectory making it great for sniping and could actually shoot down ESFs with it - okay, maybe lockdown was a bit BS but compared to several seconds of total invulnerability or the ability to fly around the edge of the battle with dropless tank rounds I don't think it was that bad.
Docprofsmith
Byond Username: Jud1c470r

Post by Docprofsmith » #173046

TR stronk.

NC are nothing but dirty smurfs and VS are filthy fucking spandex wankers.
JUDICATOR REDEMPTION ARC
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173049

When one vehicle with one gun and one ability can dominate all the aspects of the battlefield (anti-air, anti-tank, anti-infantry) it needs a change.

I remember playing before when HEAT Prowler with lockdown could just shit all over everything.

Lockdown is a pretty poorly balanced ability overall. Getting a bonus for not moving in a game where both sides are frequently getting dug in, where holding chokepoints is critical, and you have a million friends constantly surrounding you to watch your sides or alert you to new threats...it lacks the drawback standing still for too long would normally have in an FPS.
Docprofsmith wrote:TR stronk.

NC are nothing but dirty smurfs and VS are filthy fucking spandex wankers.
>homesuck fan loves TR

Just another reason I'm proud to be NC.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173052

TR medic is actually the funnest fucking shit ever holy fuck. You just wade in eating bullets for breakfast with your nanoweave and class ability, gunning fools down and then reviving everyone with your tool.

I can see what you mean by medics being the TR bread and butter, they're so good.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173074

An0n3 wrote:When one vehicle with one gun and one ability can dominate all the aspects of the battlefield (anti-air, anti-tank, anti-infantry) it needs a change.

I remember playing before when HEAT Prowler with lockdown could just shit all over everything.

Lockdown is a pretty poorly balanced ability overall. Getting a bonus for not moving in a game where both sides are frequently getting dug in, where holding chokepoints is critical, and you have a million friends constantly surrounding you to watch your sides or alert you to new threats...it lacks the drawback standing still for too long would normally have in an FPS.
I suppose this is true when you play a faction of 13 yo cod dweebs that can't think tactfully beyond charging face first at the enemy.

Using lock down was just asking to get arse raped by an ESF with lolpods, stock mag has enough rockets with a few spares to take out an EST from the back.
Come in from the back in NOE, pop chaff, blow your load up the tanks butt, burn out before the slow pokes in AA maxes can react.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #173084

Gonna have to get some Kebab Removal Service in this week after work. Which sucks, because I sometimes wonder if I'm closer to Aussie times with my Pacific timezone 9-6pm with hour long transit times.. My schedule is bullshit to be honest.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #173090

Malkevin wrote:
An0n3 wrote:When one vehicle with one gun and one ability can dominate all the aspects of the battlefield (anti-air, anti-tank, anti-infantry) it needs a change.

I suppose this is true when you play a faction of 13 yo cod dweebs that can't think tactfully beyond charging face first at the enemy.

Using lock down was just asking to get arse raped by an ESF with lolpods, stock mag has enough rockets with a few spares to take out an EST from the back.
Come in from the back in NOE, pop chaff, blow your load up the tanks butt, burn out before the slow pokes in AA maxes can react.
Sure, but that's a pretty significant imbalance in skill required to deploy vs. skill required to counter. Just because it's possible to counter it doesn't mean it's balanced.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173091

Coming from a TR guy, just shoot the tank with a Decimator. A decimator rocket will take out half or over half a locked prowler's health and they cannot dodge it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173102

Exactly, being locked down makes you incredibly vulnerable to man portable AT weapons.

Its not like you can scoot back and forth showing only your superior side armor to the enemy then flick on your "nenrrrneennrrr can't touch me" total invulnerability shield when your health get too low as you drive back into cover
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #173123

Loaded up the NC ESF on Koltyr and went from 10-15BR clubbing seals

They can't handle the stock ESF I guess
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #173161

Drynwyn wrote: Sure, but that's a pretty significant imbalance in skill required to deploy vs. skill required to counter. Just because it's possible to counter it doesn't mean it's balanced.
Pretty much the only reason why TR is still relevant. Its guns are the actual COD moron guns that reward you for mindlessly holding down the trigger and waving the gun around. Literally everything about the faction encourages you not to really think.
Zilenan91 wrote:Coming from a TR guy, just shoot the tank with a Decimator. A decimator rocket will take out half or over half a locked prowler's health and they cannot dodge it.
Everything you just said was so painfully stupid I am diagnosing you retarded.

The Decimator doesn't do half the health of a prowler. It takes 5 shots to kill an unrepaired unarmored prowler with a decimator. That is the same as a Shrike, the standard dumbfire rocket. The slowfire is a complete and total joke against heavy tanks. The TTK gain of a decimator isn't even remotely close to overcome repair, and it requires you to somehow get extremely close to the enemy tanks as well.

In the context of lone roaming prowlers, sure, whatever, it wasn't special. But in the context of organized platoons going up against each other the Prowler's design is just dumb because its special ability was essentially "I win 100% of the time in the vast majority of tank fights.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173173

Malkevin wrote:Using lock down was just asking to get arse raped by an ESF with lolpods, stock mag has enough rockets with a few spares to take out an EST from the back.

Uhh, simply climbing into a tank without AA on top or nearby is asking to get raped by an ESF with lolpods. Stop the fucking presses rock beats scissors.

Being able to sit still and get a bonus to ROF, when a lot of tank-battles are standoff snipe fights ANYWAY, is stupid.

Again if this were CoD or some arena shooter, sure. Sitting still when anybody can run up behind you and knife you is a major trade-off. When you are standing there one of 50+ players from your faction watching a stairwell or part of a vehicle column shelling an enemy vehicle formation...it doesn't mean shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #173185

I guess my play experience on Miller is different to that of american servers then, because our NC and Vanu would use their superior maneuverability to throw our accuracy off instead of just sitting there taking shells to the face.
IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #173188

NC likes to continuously run into choke points and die instead of flanking. It's great for us medics but bad for winning.
Lzimann's best friend.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173189

Their HAs are so good that they're used to running into the meatgrinder

Meanwhile superior TR master race basically tides over everyone because 50% of them are medics so they just revive everybody who dies
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #173192

So what is Vanu good at then?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173193

Their infiltrators are complete bullshit and their bullets don't have dropoff so they have incredible long-ranged game
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #173197

Luke Cox wrote:So what is Vanu good at then?
spandex
Lzimann's best friend.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #173199

Malkevin wrote:I guess my play experience on Miller is different to that of american servers then, because our NC and Vanu would use their superior maneuverability to throw our accuracy off instead of just sitting there taking shells to the face.
>NC vanguard
>superior maneuverability

WUT

Even if you're locked down the Vanguard still moves like a brick shithouse. It's one notch above completely immobile. I may be wrong but I'm fairly certain it's the absolute slowest/worst turning ground vehicle in the game.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173207

Unlike the tanks of the other factions, the Vanguard is also the only one that's durable. It can take I think four decimator rockets compared to the Vanu 2 and the TR 3
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #173210

Again, I am diagnosing you retarded, because the decimator kills all MBTs in 6-5 shots, not 2 and 3.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173212

Did tanks get buffed in the last year? They weren't that durable before. Basically worthless unless you had a ton of dudes rolling around in them.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #173213

Luke Cox wrote:So what is Vanu good at then?
Most Vanu weapons worth using are good at any range and are a reasonable middleground between the TR's ease of use and NC's higher skillcap, resulting in them generally just doing pretty well. Their vehicles are mostly the best in the game for general use, the magrider is tough and dodgy which means that in medium scale engagements they dominate, and their scythes are just flat out the best fighters in the game.\
Zilenan91 wrote:Did tanks get buffed in the last year? They weren't that durable before. Basically worthless unless you had a ton of dudes rolling around in them.
They got buffed ages ago to be less dependant on certs. But heavy tanks always are weak outside of swarms, except for magriders. Lone tanks get buttfucked by heavy infantry not because they go down particularly fast to rockets, but because all heavy infantry in the area can focus you. You are likely getting hit by 3 heavy infantry at a time to feel like you went down to two anihilator shots.

Most tank pilots use lightnings in small scale engagements because the lightnings increased ROF lets it engage more infantry and its increased speed lets it dodge about.
Last edited by dezzmont on Tue May 03, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.