Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Dead By Daylight - Chefs revenge

Post by Xhuis » #204587

Bottom post of the previous page:

Psychotic murderers are spooky regardless of race
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #204677

Sadly the patch seems to have made a toooooon of issues. There's a lot of unlisted changes and now the game is biased 100% towards the killer. Nurse is bonkers but counterplay exists. She has different animations for stunning and can move while stunned which makes her the best killer by far.

Juking is gone since windows don't work nearly as well anymore and the Nurse ruins pallet viability. A lot of people are leaving, and with good reason. I hope the devs can pull themselves out of the grave they dug, but the team is too small to really do much.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #204722

Xhuis wrote:Sadly the patch seems to have made a toooooon of issues. There's a lot of unlisted changes and now the game is biased 100% towards the killer. Nurse is bonkers but counterplay exists. She has different animations for stunning and can move while stunned which makes her the best killer by far.

Juking is gone since windows don't work nearly as well anymore and the Nurse ruins pallet viability. A lot of people are leaving, and with good reason. I hope the devs can pull themselves out of the grave they dug, but the team is too small to really do much.
tbh the nurse is a lot easier to counter than you think. When she starts charging a teleport just run AT her. She isn't able to cancel a teleport and will just fly away from you.
but yeah, the nurse pallet thing is somewhat problematic and they'll be working on the matchmaking (thank god) next so balance isn't coming soon.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #204728

They've released two hotfixes in the last four hours, both of which fixed a bunch of the issues that the patch brought. Tentatively hopeful.
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #204833

I'm up for trying out the game is anyone's interested in it.

The usual group I'm with doesn't seem to have interest in the game, sadly.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #204875

a e t h e t i c s
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #205133

Window juke is dead.

Pallet juke is mostly dead.

Crouch juke is mostly dead because you breathe like a fucking engine now.

Sprint juke is dead.

This game isn't fun now. Killers have it way too easy.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #205369

Nurse has killed the game. Rolling for a game as survivor is like playing russian roulette, and ends just the same.

Devs said they were going to fix matchmaking next but I'm willing to bet if they don't remove the nurse in the next updoot people are going to quit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #205418

Man, I had hoped that y'all were better than digg was about this, but I guess I was wrong. They are hearing you! The devs are not deaf to everyone's complaints like everyone seems to think. As a coder for tg, I always listen, even if it seems like I don't. I guarantee that there's going to be a patch this week that addresses some issues, but people will keep complaining about new things just the same. If you enjoy the game, then play it. There's still 18,000 people playing the game - it ain't dead just yet.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #205621

what xhius said, it seems they're doing stuff and the asylum map is amazing.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #205890

Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #216137

Gonna resurrect this. They're adding Michael Fucking Meyers.
[youtube]mCK-Ecigz68[/youtube]
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #216142

Well I regretted buying these as the single gamemode and general simplicity of that made it boring after a few rounds.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #216144

I got gamebanned from this because I family shared with this dude from somewhere else, and he didn't cheat or anything but it got us both banned because of family sharing, and I never even installed the game yet. That's just dandy... :(
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #216147

The Ultimate Chimera wrote:I got gamebanned from this because I family shared with this dude from somewhere else, and he didn't cheat or anything but it got us both banned because of family sharing, and I never even installed the game yet. That's just dandy... :(
Wait, they're banning people from a steam game, for using a steam feature?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #216162

Drynwyn wrote:
The Ultimate Chimera wrote:I got gamebanned from this because I family shared with this dude from somewhere else, and he didn't cheat or anything but it got us both banned because of family sharing, and I never even installed the game yet. That's just dandy... :(
So far as I know, they're very conservative with Steam bans. Either Chimera's friend is lying to him/not telling the whole truth or it's an issue that can be remedied by just bringing it up with the devs or Steam.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #216212

Dead videogame. https://www.twitch.tv/flare2v is fucking mad at how retarded the devs are.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #216233

Don't get me started on this "dead game" shit. People've been saying that for months and I have yet to see conclusive evidence of the game actually dying. I watch that dude daily but I just can't agree with his viewpoint on things, and to be frank, I don't think deliberately crippling your teammates is a very mature way to react to changes you don't like.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #216280

Xhuis wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:
So far as I know, they're very conservative with Steam bans. Either Chimera's friend is lying to him/not telling the whole truth or it's an issue that can be remedied by just bringing it up with the devs or Steam.
Perhaps, I tried emailing both EAC and Valve on the matter and have got no replies yet. I am getting worried on what actually happened to cause it. I do not like being banned from a game I have never even installed yet, and its also putting a record of "cheating" on me for no reason, just because I allowed this person to play it over family sharing.
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #222403

The new patch and DLC is out, and boy does it change the meta.

Michael Mayers is the new hunter and he changes everything. No longer are the days of relying on the heartbeat to tell if the baddie is close. MM has 3 stages, the first making him slow but dead quiet with no heartbeat or music when he's stalking, the second making him the same speed as all the other killers but with just reduced heartbeat range, and the final one (which is timed) making him a one hit downer, very fast, but with a huge heartbeat radius. He advances stages by stalking survivors, which is basically just holding RMB and looking at a survivor.

Now you have to actually pay attention and look around for him.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #222419

The more I play and hear about this game the more I'm getting Evolve deja vu. Developer releases a 'game' with a single game mode with a 4v1 asymmetric aspect. Additional characters added for real money, and the sheer lack of content makes it still feel like it's in development/early access.

Worse still is the progression system that was tacked on, actively punishing new players to the game and driving them away unless they can be lucky enough to find other people at their level to play with, since playing with higher level players makes you a burden or less effective in addition to being inexperienced and still learning the game.

I regret buying this game and with the paid DLC costing about a 1/3rd as much as the base game its not making me want to play or support this game or dev anymore.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #222421

Except this is nothing like Evolve and hasn't died like Evolve. Further, it won't. Unlike the Evolve devs, the DBD devs balance around fairness while retaining fun. The Evolve devs said SHUT THE FUCK UP WE'RE BALANCING FOR ESPORTS, and hence people quit playing because it was too hard and unfun.

Also the learning curve is really fucking neato. Being that guy who can juke killers due to experience and help save the new guys is rad. I still wish they'd add proximity voice chat.

a correct post by pillz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #222465

I'm still playing the game through all the drama and whatnot. I enjoy it and, although I've never gotten to high-level play, I still love the game. I don't have the money for the DLC, but it's possible to get everything related to it for free: there's an offering that lets you play as Michael and you can get the perks from both survivor and killer through a new system introduced recently called the Shrine of Secrets.

It's definitely a love/hate thing. If you don't enjoy it, you really don't enjoy it, but if you do like it, then you probably have hundreds of hours in it. Also, the game is 30% off right now, so if anyone hasn't picked it up and wants to give it a try, now's your chance. Refunds exist if it's really that bad.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #222530

Michael is easy to beat for high end survivors. All you have to do is stay out of his sight so you don't feed him evil. If he hits 3 don't run and help the person who was bad enough to get him to 3. Just stay low and wait for it to expire, because if he finds you in 3, you're not outrunning him.

a correct post by pillz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #222760

This is gonna sound really retarded but...
Hide in lockers. If Michael is stage 3, there's no way he's gonna waste his precious little time opening lockers that might have someone in them. Of course, this only works if he doesn't see or hear you, but this strategy has yet to fail for me against probably ~30 Michaels. I use lockers a lot in general, actually. Nobody expects you to use them. Unhook yourself from the basement and the heartbeat is getting closer? Sprint up and slowly enter one of the lockers. If he's not a total idiot, he'll assume you did that to deliberately mislead him and start searching around. Even then, if he opens one, you can sprint-exit the one you're in and book it while he's stuck.
Last edited by Xhuis on Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #222761

it'd be nice if michael had a harder time hearing the more levels he got, but maybe that's too far
also can confirm, hiding in lockers works
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #222939

Mike is indeed a hard counter to people who just run all game and play in a really crass manner. He is really easy to juke because he is directly encouraged to tunnel vision at tier 3. I have had Mikes literally miss me turning into a ruin because they were just panicking themselves trying to use their ability.

Just use your fundamentals as a survivor to evade him: Keep an eye out because he can automatically suppress his aura like Wraith, focus on hiding mid run on the turn rather than linear escape with throwables, and don't instantly go to help other survivors in trouble until Evil Within is done.

The advice to hide in lockers is Solid. Mike is on a huge time crunch because he needs to personally eliminate most of the survivors within a small window of time, and unlike Trapper he can't easily detect the survivors through inaction. He depends on survivors being very unalert to their surroundings to get Evil and he generally can't capitalize on his ability if the survivors are canny and watch Mike and track his movements. Games with him require the survivors to slow down, sorta like a reverse Hillbilly.

Premonitions is very strong vs Mike, to the point you should combine it with Spine Chill. Because you lack access to the terror aura most of the time being able to locate where Mike is watching you from is critical. Self healing perks are not great vs him, and the flashlight is especially worthless. Your goal is early detection and evasion, rather than more 'combat' oriented perks. I am currently running Sprint Boost, Spine Chill, Premonition, and Lightweight right now. While you can't use Sprint boost to directly escape Mike in T3, you can use it to get two turns in while out of line of sight and that easily gets you away from him. I use Premonition to sweep for him while repairing, and Spine Chill is just far too important to ever go without. Lightweight is deceptively good because it allows you to easily get around the map quickly with much less risk, unless it is the Farm.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #222947

Don't forget that Mike has an item that lets his stage 3 last the whole game.

a correct post by pillz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #222950

DrPillzRedux wrote:Don't forget that Mike has an item that lets his stage 3 last the whole game.
wait what the fuck
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #222954

It also makes it so you have to basically actively let him get Evil within 3, as the charge time for each stage goes up. It is also ultra rare, so even though it lets stupid people charge Mike and ruin it for everyone you don't generally have to worry about it.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #224649

CosmicScientist wrote:I walked in on my flatmate watching a stream from the devs.

They showed off some Killer x Dwight action. I can imagine they'll be hired for high positions in companies from hereon.
I guess you could that Dwight finally came out of the closet.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #233636

Chapter's out, here are the details. Ace's perks are underwhelming, but the Hag's are all right as long as she plays smart and protects the hex totem. She's crazy spooky, though, and her execution animation is by far the goriest - she literally jumps onto them and disembowels them. I should point out that everything in the DLC is still obtainable without paying; perks come from the Shrine of Secrets, and you can play as the Hag with an offering. As someone who has no money it makes me pretty happy.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #233695

Ace seems extremely potent actually, or at least extremely good for helping out with farming. Luck is also just a generally useful stat, on top of its ability to synergize with you ability to find item upgrades. And increased aura reading range is insane. Shutting down aura reading isn't that great because killers can't be sure people use it, but enhancing aura reading pushes aura reading abilities over the top.

Only Ruin seems good as a hex totem, unless devour hope does some insane stuff.

I don't understand at all how the illusions are meant to be useful, considering how obvious it is they are fake. It does work as a ward though which is powerful.
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #233755

When the illusions are triggered you can teleport to them so they're actually pretty damn strong. Makes it pretty easy to camp hooks.
Quanti

Post by Quanti » #233777

I'll be interested to see how survivors counter it or if they just make it so that you can't put them near hooks. Seems unavoidable to get hit unless the killer is in the middle of something else and can't teleport or they went too far away. Maybe 1 survivor triggers it and runs away with the killer while another stands by for the save.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #233805

It would have to be like the Wraith where it totally prevents you from preforming offensive action right away.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Re: Dead By Daylight - Bill is here... uh ok

Post by DrPillzRedux » #265159

Bumping this because new DLC. Bill from L4D is in and so are his overpowered perks.

[youtube]t9vzZ-IcCXY[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #265160

Adding L4D characters is the global sign of a deathrattle. gamesux.

edit: saw his abilities, L O L
Quanti

Post by Quanti » #265164

NOT CANON bill sacrificed himself for his team like a hero delete this
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #265432

this just makes me want to play l4d again
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #265495

as someone who knows basically nothing about the game it's kickass factor just went to 11 knowing that they added bill
almost makes me wanna buy the game
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #265511

how is valve so good at character design? all of their personalities from TF2 or L4D or HL or even Portal are just so good
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Kel

Post by Kel » #268443

A friend gifted me the game and i've played a few hours now, and here are my first impressions:

Michael Myers is by far the best slasher in terms of sheer spook factor and actually playing like a slasher in a horror move.
The perks/offerings/item system is pretty confusing at first. I had assumed with the frequency the game throws perks at you that they were consumable. Still don't know for sure.
Skill checks are a bitch when the success zone spawns right on top of your notch. When i'm prepared for them I usually get too antsy and press early on a far away success zone, or I'm not prepared for the instant failure if I don't press space immediately.
Michael Myers' map is by far the coolest. Probably the worst balance-wise, though.
Bill is the coolest survivor hands down.
The map with a cornfield on it seems to defeat its own purpose. It's really easy to evade killers in the corn if they lose ground on you (for example.. getting hit...). I'd expect the killer to have an advantage but its probably just a git gud issue though.
The only items worth using seem to be medkits or toolboxes if you just wanna sabotage hooks. You could easily convince me the firecrackers were intended as a joke item, and the flashlight is really cool, but seems niche as there's few times where you can actually get the blind off like after a palette stun, but they will be breaking down the palette anyway and dont need to see to do that.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #268448

The flashlight also stuns the wraith when they're decloaking for a good while, and reveals hag runes on the ground.

a correct post by pillz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #268485

DrPillzRedux wrote:The flashlight also stuns the wraith when they're decloaking for a good while, and reveals hag runes on the ground.
>flashlight
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #268917

personally i only play kill your friends because grind is real
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #268918

iamgoofball wrote:personally i only play kill your friends because grind is real
this is what I did too yeah
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #268990

There should be a killer who's map is an abandoned military internment camp they did mk ultra II experiments at. He can stab people with a shiv and his special is to use concertina wire as a garrote to strangle people unconscious so they can't wiggle until you hook em. Also his momento Mori would be to saw their fucking head off with the garrote.
Kel

Post by Kel » #269999

iron grip basically makes it impossible to wiggle free anyway so that power would be largely useless against hardcore sabo squads
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #286078

1.5 hit. It was a massive balance change that... well... put the game in its most balanced and fun state it has ever been for both sides.

The changes were:

1: Sabotage now only takes 15 seconds, down from 20. This means a lot if you use toolkits and the perk together, allowing you to potentially sabotage a hook before a killer gets to it if you start during the carry. It also means a toolbox kitted for sabotage can sabotage more than the number of hooks on the map with no problem... The reason this isn't broken is because...

2: Hooks now regenerate after 2 minutes. This means that sabotaging, while now so fast as to be something you can do in seconds perked and kitted up, is only a temporary defense. It is still good, because the way hooks are spread out means that often if you sabotage 2 hooks there isn't one for the killer to use. But it is now a more tactical choice on if you want to sabotage rather than it being objectively the best play. The reason this isn't broken is because...

3: Iron grip was nerfed back to its original value. Because, you know, now you don't 100% need it all the time because sabotaging is a temporary 'set up' for working in an area, rather than a way to neuter the killer. So now escaping is a very real thing that happens, and the killer has to decide how badly they want to hook someone because they may just be wasting time trying.

4: The killer can now smash the generators, causing them to very slowly degrade in progress until a survivor comes and works on it for any amount of time. This takes time, and doesn't do much if you don't try to check on the generator again, but it also means leaving a bunch of generators at 99% or bouncing between two generators the killer keeps checking is no longer as good.

5: All speed boost perks share a cooldown, meaning if you get a speedboost for any reason other ones don't activate until its off cooldown, with one exception. Adrenaline triggers the cooldown but is not stopped by it.

6: The killer will now get faster if a chase lasts long enough, until they land a blow or otherwise destroy something like a pallet. This means that slipping the killer is much more important because repeatedly juking him will cause him to gain an advantage in ring around the rosie. However once you lose sight of the killer the survivor gains back the advantage when parkouring about, meaning that chases are much more based around you fundementally understanding how chases work as a survivor (Get behind the killer somehow or get dead) and planning out your escapes ahead of time.

7: No one escapes death is changed to be a hex that activates as long as any of your totems aren't sabotaged. This is not really a nerf or a buff. Survivors are unlikely to sabotage all 3 totems to counter it but may sabotage just for points. However if they fail to do so suddenly you are just outright lethal once the gates are online, you no longer have to wait to have an instant down. More interesting overall.

8: Save the Best for Last now has a very very very specific timing window which makes it borderline impossible to use without being the most sublime killer ever which is good because its broken as hell.

9: Most survivor interactions take slightly longer, to force the game to last a bit longer and to make it more important to be uninterrupted in stuff.

10: The trapper can no longer trap hooks.

11: Lighting effects are much more impactful on the killer. Dark nights make killers who didn't perk for dark vision see much less clearly, where as bright nights make the flashlight muuuuch more powerful vs unperked killers. This means that while in general the killer has an easier time winning chases because cheese is gone, survivors now have a better chance of giving the killer the slip if they focus on that rather than hopping shit endlessly.

Overall the games are longer and more tense, and its more common for a lot of people to get unhooked, for the last 3 generators to be a very tense situation that involve multiple chases to finish up, but at the same time survivors actually live more despite the fact the games are more brutal because the killer's new toys, while helpful at stopping cheese against the killer, now force them to be far more proactive as well. It is definitely an overall buff to the killer, but unlike previous killer buffs it serves to make the game more fun because it encourages the killer to kinda... just mess with you and to fucking truamatize you, but not to game the system as much. And there are more situations where the killer just doesn't see you or you can get a hero blind off, or you manage to take down a hook right as the killer turns the corner carrying someone and they just stare at you as you dash off because their grip meter just emptied and they got stunned as two people escape. Most games end with the majority of players having a blast regardless of who wins because the games are now always close and always involve you getting a fucked up as the survivor because bad plays are punished more consistently, without feeling like everything is over after one bad play.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #286082

Sounds great!