Dead By Daylight

Talk about video games here
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Re: Dead By Daylight - Chefs revenge

Post by tedward1337 » #182774

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'll take a beta key an0n. This game seems to be bretty good
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #182776

If you guys think you'll be available to play with us I'll steam gift them to you.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #182778

Yeah dude, what time is everyone going to be playing at?
Game Admin
Spoiler:
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182779

I have mastered the art of survival if I do say so myself...

Keep an eye for potential exits whatever you do, that is the best way to not get caught. And make sure to cover ground. Sprinting is good, when the monster isn't near or when he knows where you are, you only hide when you think you can ditch them.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #182780

Oh man if you've got a key left I'm totally down.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #182782

Yeah give it to Azari he's a cool guy and I have other ways of obtaining keys.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182784

No idea. Maybe 2:30pm EST or so to play today?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #182788

Had to go back to work today, so I wouldn't be available until the evening. If you want to give it to someone who can play earlier that's cool.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #182791

Yeah, I finish work at 5 so id only be on a bit later
Game Admin
Spoiler:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #182834

Rule 1 of this game:

The toolbox is there to sabotage hooks. If you sabotage all the hooks, the killer has a super hard time killing anyone.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182841

Going to be a bit later than I thought, need to run some errands today, got delayed.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182858

I wanna play with endgamer azari he's my pal
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #182865

My issue with the game is perks are pretty much useless, and character differences are pretty much none. I've leveled all of them to max in the beta and they all have the same perks. The guys are much easier to see as they're taller, and the black girl makes a lot of noise, so really your best pick is Meg. Since there's no lockout you end up with 4 Meg's.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182869

megs cute tho
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182890

Ready to play whenever. POST UP LADS.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #182894

I'm down son, SPOOK OR BE SPOOKED.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182898

atm it's you, myself, and Crag. waiting on two more.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #182973

I can go just hit me up I guess.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #182981

Sorry, don't know what happened but my energy levels plummeted. Going to sleep really early.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #182991

weak
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #183052

There's a difference between your character level and your rank. You have a rank that covers all your survivors and all your hunters, both start at 20. Depending on your skill your rank number will lower. So the lower it is, the better you are.

I'm bouncing between 14 and 16. Even when I win and do a bunch of shit I get deranked sometimes.

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183064

Some of the perks are really useful, it's just that with the level cap you mostly get the commons, which are OK but either too specialized or too general.

The killer perks are stronger that the survivor perms for the most part it seems, because he doesn't get an item and because he has 1 perk and one add on for each the survivors got.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #183095

I have not lost a single game as a hunter. If you put traps on the other sides of vaultable walls or windows, people just leap right through even when not running. Then others swarm to help and they get hurt.

I once got 3 people a minute in this way and put them all in the basement.

a correct post by pillz
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #183136

I am a top tier killer.
Who wants to be fucking hooked?
I play Boris Pepper.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #183154

Buy me the game and I'm in.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #183280

just had a round where all 4 survivors escaped, it was good shit. the last survivor even waited by the door as i slowly snuck away from the killer so we could leave as friends.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183293

Its not really hard to escape as the survivor if you focus on ensuring survival.

Shocking, I know. But its weirdly non-intuitive. Most survivors overvalue hiding, helping others, or any individual task.

Good survivors instead focus on being alert to the situation they are in and what can be, and needs to be done. Too many survivors are willing to helplessly stare at an ally on a hook being camped, rather than being brave and distracting the killer so a friend can de-hook the poor guy. They don't do generators during a camp so that the killer is forced to move or lose. And most importantly, you need to value alertness over being hidden. Too many survivors focus on staying unseen in the moment rather than planning places they can run in order to ditch the killer if they are spotted or need to take one for the team and keep them busy, and are too in the moment. When fleeing they go to windows and throwables even if they won't help, running in very predictable patterns because they didn't figure they could make a quick loop in a ruin to get a bunch of distance.

Basically, understand what you need to be doing at the moment to maximize your chances of leaving the level. When in doubt, sabotage hooks. The more hooks you sabotage the safer everyone is. If you get enough the killer literally can't kill anyone in one carry if they want to use hooks. Always ask yourself "How can I help advance us towards victory and our other goals from where I am, while staying safe?" rather than hyperfocusing on doing one thing. If you hyperfocus on the hooked survivor you are effectively on that hook with them, burning time and giving the killer exactly what they want, where as if you do a generator like... right next to the hook, you can distract the killer and save that dude.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #183404

There's only 1 video of the chainsaw hunter, Hillbilly. His special is to rev up his chainsaw and sprint in a straight line. Will be great for survivors running out in the open. He's loud as fuck though if you're reving the saw up to spook them.

First look at him is at 2:58.

[youtube]BZGmzt0XAsM[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #183771

Rank 1 hunter! Dev said I'm right outside the top 10 hunters.

Also I ripped the audio files from the game.

[youtube]rmTduhLaQSA[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #183854

In the threads: 900 babies crying about how the killer camps them when they get hooked minute 1.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183892

It's hard for me to get into the atmosphere of the game when there's a million modifiers and progression markers popping off everywhere. Seeing BOLD +100 BOLD +100 SURVIVOR +150 REPAIR +500 firing off constantly on the side kills the immersion. Stop it with the fucking e-sports garbage.

I'm enjoying it for now but I feel like the gameplay will wear thin pretty quickly. There's not enough variety in objectives and I just don't feel the intensity of the chase. It's very binary, either I'm running a route where there are objects for me to tip over and gain a lead or I'm just delaying the inevitable.

You'd have to be retarded to lose someone as the killer. Maybe it's just years of FPS and learning to flank/double-back but it's really easy to visualize the options presented to the person you're chasing and just use your unfocused motion-perception to see where they've gone. If closets didn't give you some kind of noise cue that someone is hiding in them, they would be better distractions/hiding places but as is they're kinda useless. Everytime I've ever hidden in one I've been found, and everytime I've run passed one as the killer it was pretty easy to listen for the heartbeat or not. I'm curious if maybe some of the offerings make that a little harder, or if it has something to do with visual performance, but it's really really easy to someone moving around in the grasses or running around in the distance.

I'm expecting the same experience as EVOLVE. Awesome concept, but after you play it for a bit you realize the game is just a running simulator as you constantly chase another player(s) around, doing the same repetitive things.

I've had fun playing it and I do want to play more but it seems like one of those games everyone will play the shit out of for a month and then abandon completely.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #183901

i wanna play it some more
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #183909

I looked through the files and there are a lot of game changing perks.

Killer losing his music and heartbeat if he stays still

Survivors not needing toolboxes/medkits/etc to do those functions, just slower

Killer instantly downing people he smacks when an escape gate is open

And a lot more ultra rare perks.

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #183957

I've seen glimpses of some really neat looking stuff under the hood that are pretty serious audibles. This perk popped up in my web for Meg that gives her an alert whenever she looks in the direction of the killer within a set distance, so it's kind of like a sonar detector for the killer with a cooldown between pings.

If there's enough of that stuff out there balanced in a way that people will be using a variety of them, the game could have serious legs.
Obviously the game is still in beta so there's no reason to be all "THIS GAME SUCKS AND IS DOOMED", I'm just a little skeptical for now.

The game has a curious system for retaining/using/losing items and other inventory stuff. It gives both a cool element of tension to considering bringing one along with you, but also makes them really precious when you find them and increases your desire to survive. I have a fear that the devs could exploit this setup for their own benefit and offer a cash store where you could stock up on these things for real-money, which would just be the absolute worst shit ever akin to WarZ/Romero level of dumb bullshit.

Like, that kind of sums up a lot of my feeling at this stage. There's a lot of cool stuff on the table and a lot of potential, but also massive potential for failure...and a familiar kind of failure I've seen more games fall into than sidestep. So I'm liking what I'm playing but I have to manage my expectations because history shows there's a greater chance of failure than success with these kinds of concepts in play.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #184006

Closets are designed for 'pre-hiding' and are not useful during a chase. There are perks to help survivors be more quiet, I have one on Meg, but I tend to not like closets that much.

The game is considered strongly survivor sided. You would be surprised at how good some survivor players are at ditching the killer. They basically know you will track them if they just constantly zig zag through stuff and instead depend on disorientating you and then ditching the sprint. Once the killer is only vaguely aware the survivor is in the area its much harder for him to actually find them, as opposed to knowing their general direction where its really easy to hone in on them.

Apparently objectives will be more varied on new maps, but overall the focus is on generators. I think the game will have a much more varied metagame once you have access to 3 killers, are able to refresh your add-ons, and have multiple perks, its hard to really care about your perks at the moment because outside of a few exceptions like bond or insidious they don't do very much on their own, but I already see some great perk combos that will help give your survivors especially more of a 'role.'

I also think the way they handled the beta levelcap combined with removing killer variety is showcasing the worst aspects of the game design. A lot of what is going to make the game interesting is stuff like offerings and perk interactions, like the ESP perks right now are worthless because the wraith is not in the game, but once he is suddenly having one player with spine chill or something will become super useful and will change the game's flow a lot.

I don't think it will play out like evolve for a few reasons, one of them being that evolve was a premium price game that advertised as a primary feature that they intended to rip off players. Also, the asymmetric nature of the game wasn't very good or interesting, because both sides really had the game goals and methods of obtaining those goals, where as here the fact the game is asymmetric really matters to the point where you want such different, sometimes non-opposing things that the score system is literally set up to encourage you to do shit fun for the opposing team. The fact killer is outright rewarded for letting survivors get away early if he gets someone quickly is just amazing game design in my opinion.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184120

He's rewarded for a quick defeat if he gets a sacrifice?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #184121

A lot of the teachable perks for survivors. You still have to find them in the bloodweb to use them, and their quality varies like regular perks.

Some are game changing though.

http://imgur.com/a/mBNaM

a correct post by pillz
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #184122

An0n3 wrote:He's rewarded for a quick defeat if he gets a sacrifice?
Nope. I meant letting them get away early as in letting them get off the hook early in the match, which many rookie killers don't realize as they often think their main job is to butcher the survivors as fast as possible.

The killer is rewarded for dragging out the game a little bit without risking the survivors escaping the match. If the killer gets 2 sacrifices but does so in too efficient a manner he may still de-rank, where as I have ranked up twice once despite getting no kills simply because I kept so much pressure on the survivors that I was sometimes getting wounded on everyone without really downing anyone. He needs to work to sorta mess with the survivors, not to the point of obviouslly trolling and throwing the match, but to the point where you need to rationally evaluate the value of slowing the game down by killing that survivor vs the loss in points you will have if you remove what may be the weakest survivor (who will thus be easiest to farm points from by tormenting) from the game.

Sacrificing all of the survivors one after another will give you one pip of course, because you totally fill up survival and get half of cunning filled for letting no one escape. But you get more ranks by making it play out like a horror movie. It honestly feels super good too. I get a really sick sense of satisfaction when I decide the survivor I hooked isn't a threat and decide to just walk away for a bit so someone can rescue them. Like "I am worried I like playing killer a bit too much" tier.

Basically let the survivors get off the hooks early if you can tie them all up constantly rescuing each other, chase them around, spread hits about, let them heal so you can hit them again, that sort of thing. Actively killing the survivors can only ever be 1/4th of your points, the others come from outsmarting them, chasing them, or breaking things and beating the crap out of them. That is why the score pops up, it lets you know how many more points you can get from the activity you are doing before it stops counting towards how well you are doing that match.

The problem with evolve was that a good monster made the game a really boring running simulator, where as a good killer in this is literally designed to keep the energy of the game up without absolutely steamrolling everyone.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #184130

Prestige outfits are nasty.

http://imgur.com/a/2Ny40

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184132

>killing people too quickly will result in you de-ranking

That's retarded.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184164

I like getting high Devious points as the killer. It lets me trick myself into thinking I'm smart.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #184192

An0n3 wrote:>killing people too quickly will result in you de-ranking

That's retarded.
No, if you kill everyone you still gain rank.

If you focus exclusively on killing people at the cost of all other activities, you lose rank if you don't manage to do it because you failed in all 4 categories of activity, and you gain rank much slower because you ignored 3 other aspects of your role even if you make it.
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #184420

I also got into the beta, might also end up buying this as well. Ding me on steam whenever you folks are up for murdering.
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #184422

mfw someone steps into my trap
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184438

Nobody ever steps into my traps.

Dezz loudly complains when I put them down.

"DUDE THATS A TERRIBLE SPOT"

I push some of the spaghetti in my overalls aside and stuff the trap back in my pocket

O-okay
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184495

Also Kor is a metacooperating shitter who will throw games for fun do not play with this troll
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #184551

Put traps in good spots instead.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #184556

I was just trying to screw with you and get you to look around wildly for me, because someone else was nearby repairing. Voice is only fun if you heckle a bit.

Though that one trap spot was legit hilariously bad because it was out in the open near the doors but not blocking any path of movement.

Good trap placement includes: At window ledges, on stairs, in tall grass near objectives or boxes, under your hook, or in tall grass between objectives using the paths people naturally move in. If you play a lot of survivor you will start to understand how the survivors like to move and can trap that area. Note that traps near objectives are hit and miss because people rarely move to an objective while in grass, and tend to be extra cautious about the area near the objective, so its almost always best to trap the enterance to cover near the objective, because people tend to sprint between cover.

For example survivors do use ruin windows but only during escapes for the most part, they instead move through ruins using the doorways that keep them flush to the exterior wall, so if you trap those you have a good chance of getting someone.

Its best to just trap good spots rather than perfect spots, early game you never want to pass a trap and be unable to take it because you still have one.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184560

I found it incredibly satisfying when I'd set traps in little chokepoints with the obstructions the survivors can pull down. I'd start chasing a survivor and they'd make a beeline for the deadfall and SNIBBITY SNAB
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #184635

I find it satisfying when I outwit you and you scream that I am a seven-assed shitneck over Skype. It was real funny.
EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #184637

Outwitting me isn't an accomplishment, it's the default state for everything with a rudimentary nervous system.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote: