Milsim funtimes

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Milsim funtimes

Post by Timbrewolf » #180793

...aside from Arma 3. We have the Wildhogs thread for that.

I started playing Steel Armor:Blaze of War. I was going through the gunner tutorial havin' fun. Chilling in our T-72 maxin' relaxin. Yelling at my loader to put the good stuff in the barrel when I saw one of our shitty Iraqi sabots get deflected off the side of some garbage APC. The commander orders me to engage with some soldiers so I fire up that 7.62 coax and just rake it over a line of dudes, watching the tracers burn through the sky as I adjust the hose of death up a little so it hits the cowards who dive for the dirt. I get the call we have some of that primo HEAT in the pipe so I fire on another APC and it lights that shit up like a goodtimes backyard bonfire.

The pilots bail, one runs across the open desert and back towards the line of infantry I just mowed down. I range him based on the mutilated corpses and let him have some of that 7.62mm. Your reward for running is dying tired. The other pilot is a bit smarter, he hits the ground near the tank but can't crawl under it to hide from my coax because the fucking thing is now a raging inferno.

At this point I'm reminded of all my good friends on /tg/ who would probably love to be playing this co-op, or many other games like this. I stare at the man cowering in the dirt and have flashbacks to all the co-op warcrimes we committed, and wonder how many other games we could play together. I recently found this really cool subsim that apparently everyone can connect to and pick different stations on a nuclear sub to work together and sink all kinds of other shit.

"I should probably make a thread" I say breathlessly as I depress the trigger and rip the sole survivor to shreds.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Milsim funtimes

Post by Lumbermancer » #180802

How does it compare with Steel Beasts?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180824

In a fit of retardation I grabbed 50 steambux for overwatch before realizing it was not on steam. As a consequence I now have some disposable steam money for removing kebab and liberating people with bullets.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180829

Lumbermancer wrote:How does it compare with Steel Beasts?
I haven't played any of them. I'm primarily a flightsim duder. It's definitely no DCS or Falcon on that scale, I'm not clicking on things in the cockpit to make shit happen but rather pushing keyboard buttons and clicking stuff on a hotbar on the bottom of the screen.

Probably the most satisfying part of it is the graphical realism. It's not super high res but it models crap getting kicked up and obscuring your view very well, fires look good, and the physics overall feel real good.
Wyzack wrote:In a fit of retardation I grabbed 50 steambux for overwatch before realizing it was not on steam. As a consequence I now have some disposable steam money for removing kebab and liberating people with bullets.
That kinda sucks but at least it's still FUNBUX. Plenty of stuff out there to enjoy. Not sure what you might want to play but I'm down for more warcrimes simulator stuff. I own a ton of DCS stuff already, there's Steel Armor for tankin'. Dangerous Waters was the sub game I was talking about that has multiplayer. It's not just subs but a bunch of different naval warfare things. The graphics are pretty damn dated but that's life. IL-2 is always good. I still never played Squad...
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #180831

I was even chatting up the cashier at the drug store where i bought the card about videogames and how i was gonna buy overwatch. HE DIDNT STOP ME DAMMIT!

Anyways i will wait and see what everyone else is interested in before i start buying stuff probably
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #180834

When it comes to tanks it's all about gunnery.

I have Dangerous Waters on CD somewhere, but not on Steam. I have Il-1946. I play Warthunder but no one else likes it.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #180844

If gunnery is what you want, it was the most satisfying time spent in a videogame tank blowing shit up with the main cannon and such.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #181342

I'm not feeling this Steel Armor. The tutorial is obnoxious, the interface obtuse, the "tactical" part needlessly complex. I wanted to do Quick Game to just drive around with tank and get hang of it but alas no, you can't just quick play, you need to fucking set up everything too.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #181401

The interface definitely takes some getting used to. The iconography does fuck all to actually tell you what the buttons do.

It's funny because I feel like it's vaguely similar to learning to fly the Su-27 and Su-25 in DCS, where none of what you can look at inside the cockpit makes any fucking sense because of the language barrier and the actual functions of the systems aren't designed with your regular workflow.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #182400

Battleground Europe had new patch and they invite suckers to join in, all old accounts have been reactivated for a month and free accounts have been upgraded to premium.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.net

If you haven't played it it's literally Battlefield the MMO (but more like Arma, so I guess Arma the MMO) in WW2, with the largest map in any game ever (albeit pretty simple one). You got your infantries, you also got planes (fairly realistic flight model), very fun multi-crew tonks (but can be operated by one dude) with solid gunnery, and ships to boot.

Join me.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #182420

I still always read that title as "muslim funtimes".
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184021

Lumbermancer wrote:Battleground Europe had new patch and they invite suckers to join in, all old accounts have been reactivated for a month and free accounts have been upgraded to premium.

http://www.battlegroundeurope.net

If you haven't played it it's literally Battlefield the MMO (but more like Arma, so I guess Arma the MMO) in WW2, with the largest map in any game ever (albeit pretty simple one). You got your infantries, you also got planes (fairly realistic flight model), very fun multi-crew tonks (but can be operated by one dude) with solid gunnery, and ships to boot.

Join me.

Oh wow, last time I played that shit I was still living with my dad... ten years ago - fuck I'm old.

Wonder if the game still has a massive 'french'(reskinned murrica) bias.
Wonder if I can remember the details for my old account with my glorious wehrmacht high rank character, because I for defo don't have my fucking email account it'll be linked to anymore.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #184050

Now we have separate Murrica.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184119

I keep looking at the new IL2 and wondering if it's worth it.

People's opinions are mixed, but it's been so long since I've been up in a WW2-era bird the itch is real.

I bought the story campaign for the Su-27 in DCS World and I'm going to play through it. Need to re-familiarize myself with the Flanker first, though. Been a while.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #184212

It seems to be just a graphical upgrade, with better SP campaign. And you will never ever get as many playable planes as you have in il1946.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #184214

I don't need a hundred planes if I can have just a few in high fidelity.

I'm a DCS and Falcon guy. I think my first "real" flight sim was A-10 Cuba as a kid, so I'm used to games where you only get one plane.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #184973

DemonFiren wrote:I still always read that title as "muslim funtimes".
Muslim Funtimes