What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Qbopper » #311439

Bottom post of the previous page:

I installed episode 1 on my phone on a complete whim and happened to have $20 on my google account so I immediately bought it once I beat the episode
Spoiler:
it was really obnoxious during the fingergun segment because my phone was chugging a bit and when it gets you to shoot the 4 reloading dudes at once it straight up wouldn't register the inputs, forcing me to sit through like 40 seconds of the same unskippable sequence to try again each time

I was VERY annoyed
Limey wrote:its too late.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311465

I've been playing Bio Inc Redemption, a game about disease and the Human body. It is similar to Plague Inc with the resource collection and bio points and the symptoms but it's about a specific person instead of about a worldwide pandemic. For example, the patient's overall health is derived from the health of his various systems, which are divided into: Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Nervous, Skeletal, Renal, immune and Muscular. One system failing causes all the others to fail even faster which can have an exponential effect on lowering their health.

There's two modes in to the game: Life and Death.

In Death, you take on the side of the disease and are generally trying to kill the patient (there's some variance but ultimately that's the objective in most cases). Your goals can vary but in Death, your goal is to usually kill them. To make one person very sick you can evolve specific risk factors to put him under greater risk (like evolving the smoker risk factor to make their respiratory system collapse faster) or evolve symptoms that wouldn't be available to you otherwise, like diabetes for an overweight patient. You can also evolve him a phobia of doctors or send points to make the hospital busy to make his recovery take longer.

In Life, you're the patient's medical team. Life has more varied goals than Death, the most basic objective is to help the patient to 100% recovery but you might also get the objective to diagnose 10 diseases, or treat 12 illnesses before the patient dies. In Life, you need to identify what's causing the symptoms with diagnostic tests by using the patient's symptoms and how fast his different body parts are failing as clues as to what could be affecting him. Do note that some tests are more broad than others, like a metabolic panel will identify potassium deficiency in the muscular system but also identify high cholestrol in the circulatory system. You can also prescribe lifestyles to slow down the rate of failure and even reverse the damage in some cases, if all else fails you can perform a transplant/experimental surgery as a last ditch effort to save a system from failure
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #311470

It's Lupus.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311499

lntigracy wrote:It's Lupus.
It's not Lupus, it's never Lupus

[youtube]TEUaYrRRTZU[/youtube]
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #311586

IIRC wasn't there an episode of House where it actually WAS Lupus?

If not they really missed their chance.
you are mom is gay
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #311713

Season 4 Episode 8.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #312091

ayy lmao git gud

no but use concealment to get as close to your target as possible, set up defensive positions that prevent you from getting swarmed, and bring grenadiers
also follow /xcg/'s mod bin for balance and shit
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #312105

Should have bought X-COM Apocalypse instead.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #312111

I bought Black Desert Online because I like MMOs with noncombat stuff

jesus christ it's the most stereotypically korean game I've ever played
  • character models are very "korean" with samey male faces and plastic surgery women, it even has jiggle physics
  • the game bombards you with thirty thousand advertisements from other players and shit you don't understand
  • the UI is cluttered as shit, and it has a UI editor, but it still doesn't help the feeling
  • the tutorials are barebones/nonexistent - the game taught me how to accept a quest after 1 1/2 hours of gameplay where I had done that multiple times
  • the engrish makes it really difficult to understand what's going on
I'm sure there's a good game in there but I'd rather just play mabinogi or some shit
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #312524

For the most part I tend to avoid the first group unless I really can't move on without stepping into a bad position.

My ambush style works with explosives for opener, and then either blowing up cover or simply shooting the enemy if the odds are good enough, as long as you use height and heavy cover you should be fine.

If you see shitcurity (really, the only melee that matters, unless you like hugging mutons) and don't see the way to remove them from the round in one turn, remember that flashbangs, fire, and poison will prevent them from tazing you, instead trying to shoot you.

Also one of the mods you should get is one to make Bradford shut up, your sanity will thank you.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #312579

Prey's not bad. The prophunt was neat at first, but it's starting to wear thin now.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #312663

Equip the Mimic Detection chip
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #312690

Witcher 3.
I can't believe a game without lizzers is this good.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #313225

Psychoscope made the game bearable again. Actually, it's pretty fun now.

I don't know if it was a good idea letting players fabricate neuromods. There's no reason not to put 100% of the materials I get into printing more.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #313258

I've found a fully upgraded shotgun + the mobility & health & damage neuromods makes you an absolute monster in combat.

I'd sprint up to the nearest phantom, do a leg slide and pop it in the head with my shotty and send the poor bastard flying.

By the end of the game I had spent more times on my knees than a $7 hooker in the men's bathroom
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #313334

Caveman adventures in far cry primal.

Fuckin up Neanderthals lads.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #313341

Bought the valve complete pack thanks to the summer sale and am testing the waters to CS:GO, looks like a fun game to just drop into now and then
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #313344

RUSH B

CYKA BLYAT
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #313385

My colonists got lost and settled on greenland within my EU4 game, meanwhile i own pretty much all of west africa, and the big 3 blobs of myself (Morroco) by bro Tunis and my Frenemy the Ottomans pretty much rule the middle east with a iron grip. I also have a colony in South America, but it's petite in patagonia because england butted in while spain does what spain does.

I only really managed to get this far and not get murdered by Castile/Spain because they got pulled into a war in the start of the game and i nabbed ceuta off the bat and some well needed security so i could go back and conquer the african interior with a nice and safe blockable strait.

I think im probably going to build up a morrocan canada colony first, then launch a naval invasion of denmark (currently stuck on iceland brandenburg has eaten most of Germany) to get a foot into europe while i still have (albiet) limited time.

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #313413

It turned out very weirdly. Basically the only three colonial nations that matter are England (mostly in south america) France (mexico, moving into taking over some african nations) and spain (north & south america) and each of them are like level 23 military tech with 100k troops. Im relying on england for protection and hence we have a long-term alliance and they've helped me out with the navy. All of them are on the INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS coast bordering me but not actually doing that much.

The colonial nations just fight a lot between themselves, im just running in the middle of it and ruining their chances.

Meanwhile im sitting here with my measly level 20 tech despite literally being neigbours because my empire reaching into africa is too wide and not getting the institutions fast enough, but i do make like shittons of money for being a relatively minor nation, 10 ducats a month and able to support three colonists and a 30-40 size army with fifteen cannons about six horses etch & multiple forts at the same time. Mainly off my bonuses of being a un-reformed iqta government (additional tax) and the jizya edicts helping boost my plentiful tax, strong ties in the safi/timbuktu trade node & high production in which i invest a great deal into.

Morrocans have maritime & defensive orientated national ideas, because there's so much gold in africa (especially if you eat mali, but thats easier said than done) you'll pick up colonialism first given if you're not dead from the iberians to colonise arguin (i just stole it from the iberians and burned the province before colonising it myself later), and immediately econmics after that to stabilise debts & your own gold supply. +1 attrition national idea goes well with defensive but teching up is more important. And with said money you can support a strong early game fleet comparable to spains own navy for extra security since your first national idea is a naval force modifier.

Yeah, Morroco culture is compatible with turning into andalusia or maybe its just a maghrebi thing. Gunning for the laughing stock & Sudanese expedition achievements, but might leave the barbarossa achievement for another run-through with tunis or tclement/other?

Spoiler:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #313422

You can technically beat unified Spain in wars of attrition, their manpower generally isnt the best and if you can just kill stacks as they land on your shores you should be good. It's going to take forever though.
If you can out-navy them somehow, that is even better, but generally not viable long term

And of course, you can just ally France and have them fight for you so you don't have to
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #313567

>10 ducats a month
>a lot of money in 1706

hahahaha non-western nations life

you wont be able to ally france as morroco. if spain picks quantity as their idea you're pretty much fucked either way as well. it's still possible to win a war as morocco tho if you play it well and you're decently enough developed that late into the game though.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #313580

For my expenditure it is with lots of usually dirt cheap backward mostly no development provinces, well its almost the end of my run.

France is allied with the ottomans, declared war on my clay, took two debts & giving my ally tunis's land peacing out the ottomans and gave france some useless dirt cheap provinces away from the stuff i need for the achievement , spain has suddenly got its shit together again, thrown out a imperialism casus belli and is destroying me. GG achievement run.

England got weakened during the war with France.

Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #313586

the easiest way is to literally forget europe until you have a suitable powerbase set up in the americas

you rush exploration ideas and you set up as many colonies as you can as quickly as possible, get your development sky high that way, make a shit ton of money and then use that to develop a continental european army to meme on the Europeans.

that's literally the best strategy to use for pretty much everyone, the americas are so goddamn busted that even native americans can get powerful enough to conquer europe, granted they get strong enough before the europeans arrive.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #313617

Its not about beating up castile per say, but i took algarve & madiera from the portuguese in the earlygame then conceded it to the spaniards later in a peace deal in my first real "Oh shit, Castile woke up" war. Taking ceuta in itself was a slice of luck.

If you manage to un-alliance the two and build up a substantial navy, portugal is a pushover you can dominate, but of course by the iberian wedding(+) that gets a little bit harder if they get stuck into a PU. Ill have to really focus more on the Americas more than i did (i mean i did have ample opportunity to, but africa was more of a pressing concern) taking a piece of your advice colonic.

I think i might bite the bullet, cede over some lands in magrebi morroco, grab the sudanese expedition achievement and peace out having done what i came to do. Edit - Ah shit they won't concede without taking a key province i need OF COURSE.

Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #313624

Are the newest DLC any good? Last one I got was Rights of Man, and even then I skipped Mare Nostrum. I've been playing HoI4 recently, and they released some really trash DLC's for it. Also I got shafted in my game so maybe I'll play some EU4.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #313787

How do I enjoy Stardew Valley? I planted parsnips, I sold parsnips, I got exhausted at the beach and had to crawl my way back home.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #313841

Lumbermancer wrote:How do I enjoy Stardew Valley? I planted parsnips, I sold parsnips, I got exhausted at the beach and had to crawl my way back home.
step 1

use food, eg. field snacks, wild food you find in the forest south of the farm

step 2

I don't know what day you're on but stuff unlocks as you progress and if you really need some kind of goal you can go to the mine and get minerals to upgrade tools/find loot

step 3

manage your energy by learning "ok I can usually do X before having to go to bed or I can be up until X time at the mine" to avoid "dying" and wasting your time
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #313945

Just finished Prey, and it was fantastic. I loved it more the more I played.

It's like a mix of System Shock's setting, Deus Ex's exploration and player choice, and Bioshock's aesthetic.

Doesn't patronize players (I turned off objective markers and it didn't break the level design)

The ending was kind of weird, though. I hope they're making a sequel, but that ending was shit bait.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #313951

Say it with me: Prey Effect 3

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #313955

Beat Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight on Hard, first playthrough.
Killed the final boss first try, without getting the weapon upgrade.

You know what beating it without the weapon upgrade gives you? the BAD ending!
Wtf!!!
私は完璧
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #313956

Ah, having loaded my save and beat the final boss again.
There is a second final boss.

I see.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #313960

Aaaand beaten.

Neat little game.
私は完璧
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #313976

Remie Richards wrote:Beat Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight on Hard, first playthrough.
Killed the final boss first try, without getting the weapon upgrade.

You know what beating it without the weapon upgrade gives you? the BAD ending!
Wtf!!!
I had no idea that there was a "good" and "bad" ending until this post. Just found out that I got the "good" ending the very first playthrough on my typical quest to explore every nook and cranny...

Now I'm conflicted on my opinion of the game. I mean, I didn't put in any special effort like you have to for Cave Story, and yet I got the special ending...

Anyways, now I'm playing Rebel Galaxy. Amazing soundtrack, awesome gameplay, cool stuff. Highly recommend. Just wish that the combat was more like actual naval combat, and using genuine naval tactics. (I've taken a couple military sciences classes in uni)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #314018

In other news, Witcher 3 wyverns a cute. C U T E !

Shame you gotta kill them, though. And shame they're such a pain in the ass to fight when they're ten levels above you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #314024

DiamondSentinel wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:-snip-
I had no idea that there was a "good" and "bad" ending until this post. Just found out that I got the "good" ending the very first playthrough on my typical quest to explore every nook and cranny...
I beat the game the first time with about 85% exploration, I just happened to miss the one room with the boxed wind item that lets you get to the tea to upgrade your leaf.
Loading my save to beat it again was nice though, as I finished it the second time with 94% and a 2 more heart fragments and a 6th bellflower.

I'm on a NG+ for hard now, going to get 100% map progress and then perfect kill the final boss for the Birthstone trophy item (I nearly did it already, but I took 1 hit so -welp-)
While I'm at it I'm also perfecting the bosses I didn't the first time around (Witch 2, Pardoner, Lupiar)
私は完璧
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #314026

Killing Floor 2
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #314064

DemonFiren wrote:>a halfway decent cold war subsim comes out
>no dosh left
Close encounters of a Soviet kind.
Spoiler:
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #314177

Guess.
私は完璧
DiamondSentinel
Byond Username: DiamondSentinel

Post by DiamondSentinel » #314180

Remie Richards wrote:
DiamondSentinel wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:-snip-
I beat the game the first time with about 85% exploration, I just happened to miss the one room with the boxed wind item that lets you get to the tea to upgrade your leaf.
Loading my save to beat it again was nice though, as I finished it the second time with 94% and a 2 more heart fragments and a 6th bellflower.

I'm on a NG+ for hard now, going to get 100% map progress and then perfect kill the final boss for the Birthstone trophy item (I nearly did it already, but I took 1 hit so -welp-)
While I'm at it I'm also perfecting the bosses I didn't the first time around (Witch 2, Pardoner, Lupiar)
Yeah, I didn't really go for 100%ing it achievementwise. I just did everything I could in a single playthrough. It had the same sort of vibe as Cave Story, but there was just no way it could stand up to it. Not as long, the dialogues were ehh, etc.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #314203

space station 13
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #314237

The Clowns Pocket wrote:original joke do not steal
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #314541

CosmicScientist wrote:
Nilons wrote:This post was made by The Clowns Pocket who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
did he literally post "ss13"

edit: sigh
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #314590

Yep
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #314689

Okay despite wanting a singleplayer space-skyrim/NV I'm actually getting sucked into elite dangerous now, it feels less MMO and more "it's online but you can ignore the multiplayer aspects and do your own thing if you like", kinda like how I felt with Kingdom of Loathing back when I still played that.
Joined a PvE group 'cause solo play seemed kinda pointless but I didn't feel like getting ganked by some powergaming asshole in a fer-de-lance or something while I was still pottering around in a sidewinder.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #314794

incredible machine, for nostalgia
that alligator is a real shame
shoulda been called tesla

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #314904

Been playing black desert online with my BUDDIES lexorion and thecoldturtles as a cute korean anime girl who slays monsters and quests and stuff. Game is pretty fun and combat is actually fairly dynamic and enjoyable for an MMO. We made the DonkCo clan cause we're radical! Anyone's welcome to join if they want!
The game itself is pretty fun and there's quite a lot more to it than simple streamline quest > beat up monster > repeat. Only have around ~165 hours on it but would be more than happy to sate any curiosities about the game if you're on the fence.
Spoiler:
Image Image
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #314906

>it costs money
well i guess i shell more on ss13 art i should get it hmmm
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #314938

It's hit or miss when it comes to bdo

I was turned off by the immediately apparent korean mmo elements of blindingly awful interfaces (yeah you can change the HUD, and I did mess around with that, but I don't think it excuses the laughably cluttered default UI and flood of announcements), broken engrish that made it a bit difficult to follow the plot, and leveling that starts out lightning fast and later slows to a crawl (from what I could tell, anyways) - it was like playing a nexon game that I had to pay cash up front for

steam refunds make trying it out a non issue, and I'm not trying to shit on anyone that does like the game, but I was looking for a good sandbox MMO and BDO didn't really fit what i was looking for, so just be aware going in that you may not enjoy it if you dislike any of those tropes
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #315141

Okand37 wrote:Black Spirit (,)
why the fuck are you keeping the black spirit waiting he's been nothing but good to you
Last edited by lntigracy on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you are mom is gay
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Post by Professor Hangar » #315207

CosmicScientist wrote: I thought Summer was about the sun.

I should have looked outside my reel life window before thinking the game was unrealistic.
As someone who grew up on a farm: the most realistic aspect of farming simulators is that there is a weather god, and they hate you.

There's a reason that rain in Australia is traditionally associated with farmers dancing and crying in sheer joy.