Byond Username: Anonmare

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Anonmare » #516101

Fanmade freeware games
wubli
Byond Username: Wubli

Re: What are you decent people playing?

Post by wubli » #516150

just finished AI: The Somnium Files i'm gonna have a stroke i hate you uchikoshi but i love you
argentina campeón :peel: :peel: :peel:
what's cooking good looking i'm jill desouza and i am here to try
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #516161

Qbmax32 wrote:I’m addicted to league of legends please help
I'm sorry sir your dog will need to be euthanized.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #517844

noita, it's like if the powder game and cortex command had a magical baby that was raised by spelunky
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #517848

i played all of the mainline ace attorney games and im hungry for more
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #517885

im getting back into SYNTHETIK again, a fast-paced action-laden isometric roguelite shooter with optional co-op
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #517887

PKPenguin321 wrote:noita, it's like if the powder game and cortex command had a magical baby that was raised by spelunky
You had me at powder game and cortex command
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #518009

PKPenguin321 wrote:noita, it's like if the powder game and cortex command had a magical baby that was raised by spelunky
reminds me of soldat
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #518301

just beat getting over it, probably gonna move onto celeste or slay the spire or into the breach not sure which one yet.
retired ss13 coderman
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #518304

Whoneedspacee wrote:just beat getting over it, probably gonna move onto celeste or slay the spire or into the breach not sure which one yet.
personally my rankings for the three are
1. slay the spire
2. into the breach
3. celeste
all are good though
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #519096

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Whoneedspacee wrote:just beat getting over it, probably gonna move onto celeste or slay the spire or into the breach not sure which one yet.
1. slay the spire
2. into the breach
3. celeste
all are good though
Into the breach is good at first but I found it didn't last long before it got samey
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #519219

started playing terraria again and im actually using the pre hardmode metals to make armor and tools for once in my life
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #519247

Screemonster wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
1. slay the spire
2. into the breach
3. celeste
all are good though
Into the breach is good at first but I found it didn't last long before it got samey
sure, but it's a lot more unique than celeste in my opinion. again, celeste's a great game that i really enjoyed, but i have fonder memories of into the breach personally
iksyp wrote:started playing terraria again and im actually using the pre hardmode metals to make armor and tools for once in my life
you ever try mods? makes replaying the game super fresh. would recommend Thorium
Spoiler:
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #519323

PKPenguin321 wrote:
iksyp wrote:started playing terraria again and im actually using the pre hardmode metals to make armor and tools for once in my life
you ever try mods? makes replaying the game super fresh. would recommend Thorium
Thorium is REALLY good from what i remember of it.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
iksyp

Post by iksyp » #519373

PKPenguin321 wrote:
I've played with mods before but rn I'm just doing a vanilla run to become more familiar with the game.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #519383

I need a good rpg/strategy game. Suggestions?
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
pubby
Github User
Byond Username: Pubby
Github Username: pubby

Post by pubby » #519570

tinodrima7020 wrote:I need a good rpg/strategy game. Suggestions?
Shining Force
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #519969

I've been playing nothing but CK2 and EU4 help
tinodrima7020 wrote:I need a good rpg/strategy game. Suggestions?
Crusader Kings II. Roleplay as a medieval ruler while staring at a map
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520345

Lately I've:
- Beaten Noita,
Spoiler:
both in the regular Work ending and the sky temple "ending", though I'm told there's another secret ending to be found
- Beaten Slay the Spire,
Spoiler:
with all three of the available characters against the Heart; I think this constitutes as the true ending, not accounting for ascension
Looking forward to the new fourth character, which is currently on the beta branch. In the meantime I've been playing it with mods

- Got all my TF2 halloween contracts done

- Played and beaten Ittle Dew, this brilliant puzzle game that I really really liked. Would recommend, it's short and sweet. I'm considering it a hidden gem because I've never seen it talked about outside of tangential discussions of the game Slap City.
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #520417

my noita record is 500m thus far
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #520510

Lumbermancer wrote:my noita record is 500m thus far
What carried my ass was the Invisibility perk. Get it and then grab a tablet or two and just yeet them at enemies and you can waltz through to maybe Hissi base uncontested. At that point I found a wand with heavy shot + magic beam that would oneshot plenty of enemies, which was a big help since the tablet wasn't doing enough damage anymore.

After that I got the Freeze Field perk which kept me safe from stains, and I was basically invisible forever. After that I got a lightning wand that I put quad cast on and Explosion Immunity, and could one-shot almost every enemy in the game and chainstun anything that I couldn't (lightning stuns in addition to its fat damage). I also had maybe 500 health from being able to explore every level for health pickups, and a wand with 5 greater magic missiles that were a good backup weapon (thanks to explosion immunity) and digging tool. I also found a wand with literally 15 black hole spells on it that was what I used for exploring afterwords, but that was honestly just a super lucky find.

Tl;dr: For perks, GET INVISIBILITY, then prioritize Repelling Cape/Freeze Field to maintain your invisibility, after that prioritize immunities (especially explosion since oneshot wands usually explode). For gameplan, oneshot everything (with a tablet since it doesn't break invisibility, then with a wand that can one-shot eventually), and use your invisibility/a digging wand to explore for HP ups/explore for better wands.
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #520632

I've played the update to the Long Dark. They added timbrewolf packs which are significantly more aggressive and smarter than solitary wolves. They're not scared of campfires, will not wait for you to run before chasing and use tactics (encirclement/hit-and-run/misdirection), however they have a morale mechanic where throwing things, making loud noises and injuring them damages their morale and if it hits zero - the pack will scatter. The more pack mates they have, the more morale they have. They're so aggressive that I honestly recommend having a revolver at all times since a direct hit from a revolver can disperse a two-wolf pack in one or two shots. Largest I've seen so far is a 4 wolf pack.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #521264

Thanks for beta testing Death Stranding consolebros.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #521361

Ss13, noita, super smash bros ultimate
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #521569

The Blackout Club, as it was on sale for Halloween.

It's like somebody took The Goonies and Stranger Things, combined them and made them into a game. It has up to 4 player co-op with each player playing the role of a teen/pre-teen investigating their town of Red Acres, located in the National Radio Quiet Zone, where something strange is going on when everyone is supposed to be asleep. I've only done a few games but so far it does manage to be generally tense, despite being multiplayer. There's not too much variety in threats but they compliment one another to keep the danger high and are random enough in how they act to make predicting them difficult, along with the environmental hazards to keep the tension up.

The priamry enemies you'll be facing are Sleepers, people being pupeteered by an unknown force while they're asleep and you can often hear them being forced to speak in third person/rattle off their life stories by whatever is controlling them while they do whatever it is it demands of them. They're blind but their hearing is extremely sharp and they sprint much faster thasn you think they can.
The Lucid are the next step up and seem to be consciously aware of what's going on and vary between being reluctant supporters or actively helping whatever's controlling them, they can see but their hearing's not as precise. Their faces are visually indistinct and constantly changing.
The last enemy is The Shape, an invisible force that can only be seen when closing your eyes - and even then it appears like a burning shadow. It will only show itself if you commit too many "sins" (actions that prove your presence, like breaking doors) that get witnessed/reported. The Shape is a relenteless hunter who knows where you are at all times, can move rapidly between two points on a map via the "Red Doors" and will not stop chasing you until he gets you or you complete the mission. Luckily, he focuses on whoever has the most "sins" at a time and will ignore the others, unless they become the new biggest sinner.

The game's biggest gimmick is the, quote, "Enhanced Horror System", which you can opt-in and opt-out of at any time. Without spoiling too much, it basically means you're declaring yourself open to be fucked with in real-time by the devs and allowing you to deliberately call attention to yourself via the Ritual system. The fucking with usually taks the form of a Voice, a real-time actor as I recall, and there are several of them with their own personalities/desires. They may offer you a challenge/riddle to solve and completing it will grant you a boon of some sort or they may just taunt you, as SPEAK-AS-ONE gleefully does. DANCE-FOR-US, DIE-FOR-YOU and THE-MEASURE-CUTS are the most likely to offer you a challenge or a riddle but it's usually not easy.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #521574

Imagine having FRIENDS
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #521650

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #521664

Carrion is HOT
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #521704

Been keeping an eye on this for a while, didn't know it finally got a Steam page. Nice

In other news I recently beat Gato Roboto, what a fun game
Spoiler:
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #521706

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Been keeping an eye on this for a while, didn't know it finally got a Steam page. Nice

In other news I recently beat Gato Roboto, what a fun game
Oh shit it has a demo now, nice
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Reyn
Byond Username: ReynTime13

Post by Reyn » #521708

Been playing STALKER shadow of chernobyl recently.

Want to get back into dwarf fortress and Cataclysm DDA though.
I play Trevor Fea on Bagil, And Giorno Giovanna on terry. Yes, I'm THAT raging asshole. Sorry for being such a cunt.
Have I told you how much I hate engineering, by the way?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #523786

i always wanted to get into df but i always end up getting bored
got further with lcs but not enough people have really played it for me to know what the fuck's going on

i tried playing tomorrowind again but after getting directed by the manager of the gamorah club to the old buff guy's house where he invites you to sleep in his bed if you want i had to turn it off and take a cold shower
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #526984

Bought Disco Elysium today and clocked about 2.5 hours. Feels like the book equivalent of a movie game but honestly the writing is alright enough that I can dig it. I really love how different aspects of personality are personified, it's a really clever writing method that really lets you immerse yourself in your character. There are also shocking amounts of contextual dialogue, to the point that I doubt I will ever be able to read it all; for example, if you double click to run a lot, your partner will comment on it (in-character) at the end of the day. You get these rubber gloves you can equip at one point and if you just happen to be wearing them (which is certainly not required) your partner mentions them very specifically in some entirely unrelated dialogue an hour later.

Haven't gotten too far into the story but so far I basically dodge politics by saying sorry a lot and claiming that I have no opinion. Tackled a paraplegic, punched a 12 year old, shot a rotting corpse, successfully begged for money from a rich lady on a boat, kicked a mailbox so hard that I almost died, things like that. The political aspect of the game is real pervasive, which I'm not totally a fan of but I guess it's also kind of the point. Despite trying to avoid politics where I could, I apparently passed enough speech checks to the point that part of my consciousness asked if I planned to start a communist uprising, which I turned down (this prompts your Logic to make a snide comment on how it would logically never work anyways which got a chuckle).

Really interesting game and I'm really curious to see what else it's got in store. Failing 1-time stat checks can be a little annoying, but man does it make passing them rewarding.
Spoiler:
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #527899

Paint the town red
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #528281

i played some crypt of the necrodancer yesterday
i have the finesse of a squirrel

i like that you can go bard (so movement not bound to beats, not forced into next level when music ends) and use that to cheaply unlock all the items and practice your movements on enemies without having to unlock them with diamonds
cadence still has my ass like spelunky does but at least here you can cheat
NSFW:

OnlineGirlfriend
Byond Username: Countrygal68

Post by OnlineGirlfriend » #528896

I am on the verge of hitting 1000 hours in Rimworld. Also my soul has been dark lately.
|||||||
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #529398

got the ol piss4 and dust filled gaming pc out of storage
i see rdr2 has yet to be cracked oand death stranding isn't out until 20 jan on pc

it would seem however spyro reignited was cracked the day of release
praise be

also pathologic 2 better work on this fucking thing unlike the thinkpad i've only waited 5 years for it
NSFW:

One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #529470

I've been playing a lot of Noita and trying to finish off Lobotomy Corporation
I'm on day 47 and I've only now realized how screwed I am because I never did the "Complete on Ordeal of Dusk challenge" earlier
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #529586

Disco Elysium is basically an isometric roleplaying game without the combat. The game still makes use of a skill and level up system, but they're geared towards different approaches to the investigation rather than how well you can kill people (although there are still skills that help with that). The interactions you have with the investigations and characters are rich and there is plenty to do. A very chill game, and fairly well-written.

So pretty good, especially if you like RPGs but not their combat
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #530155

Got RimWorld.
I'm bad.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #530166

I want to like The Outer Worlds, given the amount of detail put into it. I've enjoyed New Vegas a lot over the years. But I do not. The worldbuilding and dialogue are pretty good. The voice acting is good in places and shit in others. It has some good characters (the ship's AI, even the woman they give you at the start manages not to be annoying, but the vicar sucks shit). But all the enemies are damage sponges. The AI pathfinding is terrible. The stealth mechanics could use some rethinking. An entire space station's security force tried to murder me and my sidekicks after I was seen thoughtlessly picking up an object lying out in the open that wasn't mine. This lead to us having to murder everyone and fail several quests in the progress (that or reload). This same space station has a platforming segment to get into a restricted area I guess but I never got there because you can't jump while sprinting so I couldn't clear the gap. My AI slaves didn't have a problem, mainly because they can jump directionally without moving so they can start closer to the edge. During one side quest for my boring, unlikable vicar drone I didn't have enough lockpick skill to get behind a door. There was zero other way to get through it (a key? explosives? a different route?) and with about 50k XP needed to get to the next level so I could increase lockpick (and mowing down every civilian and guard on board didn't even get me close) I decided to forget it and come back never. The vending machine jingles somehow manage to be more irritating than the ones in Bioshock and more grating than the operator voices in Prey. Their stock is basically interchangeable despite ostensibly being from different companies. All the characters look like teenage boys. The old characters look like teenage boys with wrinkles implanted into their faces. They all have that same undercut hairstyle from Peaky Blinders that was already looked like The Sims 4 in Fallout 4. After coming from Pathologic 2, with its obviously reused face models/skins/outfits and duplicate people where nonetheless all the face types are unique to their ages and genders it's jarring how shitty it is. The UI and gameplay mechanics are shockingly similar to the Bethesda Fallouts, with an aesthetic similar to Bioshock, their own New Vegas (the western influences) and Prey. Judgement to the plaintiff for the amount of 1000 copies of Skyrim.
NSFW:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #530179

cacogen wrote:I want to like The Outer Worlds, given the amount of detail put into it. I've enjoyed New Vegas a lot over the years. But I do not. The worldbuilding and dialogue are pretty good. The voice acting is good in places and shit in others. It has some good characters (the ship's AI, even the woman they give you at the start manages not to be annoying, but the vicar sucks shit). But all the enemies are damage sponges. The AI pathfinding is terrible. The stealth mechanics could use some rethinking. An entire space station's security force tried to murder me and my sidekicks after I was seen thoughtlessly picking up an object lying out in the open that wasn't mine. This lead to us having to murder everyone and fail several quests in the progress (that or reload). This same space station has a platforming segment to get into a restricted area I guess but I never got there because you can't jump while sprinting so I couldn't clear the gap. My AI slaves didn't have a problem, mainly because they can jump directionally without moving so they can start closer to the edge. During one side quest for my boring, unlikable vicar drone I didn't have enough lockpick skill to get behind a door. There was zero other way to get through it (a key? explosives? a different route?) and with about 50k XP needed to get to the next level so I could increase lockpick (and mowing down every civilian and guard on board didn't even get me close) I decided to forget it and come back never. The vending machine jingles somehow manage to be more irritating than the ones in Bioshock and more grating than the operator voices in Prey. Their stock is basically interchangeable despite ostensibly being from different companies. All the characters look like teenage boys. The old characters look like teenage boys with wrinkles implanted into their faces. They all have that same undercut hairstyle from Peaky Blinders that was already looked like The Sims 4 in Fallout 4. After coming from Pathologic 2, with its obviously reused face models/skins/outfits and duplicate people where nonetheless all the face types are unique to their ages and genders it's jarring how shitty it is. The UI and gameplay mechanics are shockingly similar to the Bethesda Fallouts, with an aesthetic similar to Bioshock, their own New Vegas (the western influences) and Prey. Judgement to the plaintiff for the amount of 1000 copies of Skyrim.
I didn't really take issue with Outer Worlds, except that it got boring so I never finished it. I forget how far I got but I put maybe 5 or 10 hours into it.

Side note, I'm playing Bug Fables, a game that shamelessly takes the gameplay from Paper Mario (the first two Paper Mario games, not the last three) and does a really good job with it. Relatively engaging story and the combat is a really cool mix of Paper Mario 64 and TTYD mechanics. Really happy I bought it, it does scratch the Paper Mario itch in a way that the past three Paper Mario games didn't.
Spoiler:
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #530181

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

The Witcher 3
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #530186

Spoiler:
thoughts
- uncharted 4 gets repetitive with the endless jumping, braindead puzzles and uninspired repartee between brothers
- detroit is not as bad as it could be, cage reminds me of kojima with all this money and talent gathered around his bad writing
- ctr is not as different from the original as i expected, so it feels more like an obligation to experience the new levels than genuinely enjoyable
- i have not tried the rest yet
NSFW:

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #531464

Play spiderman above poster.

With my good boy nintendo points that nintendo gives you for buying games.

I got castle crashers remastered, which was on sale for 8.99 dollars

Score.
► Show Spoiler
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #531485

Played Encased, an alternate universe sci-fi RPG inspired by A Roadside Picnic. It reminds me of SS13 in some ways as the organisation you're a part of has 5 departments that are Command, Engineering, Security, Science and Assistants under different names.

Also read A Roadside Picnic if you haven't, it's a great book.
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #531722

Anyone else play Paladins? It's like Overwatch, except it stays fun after you learn the meta and the characters. I main supports and float in between Diamond and Master in ranked if anyone wants to party. Controller queue, most of the time, I like the way the gyro controls feel with my dualshock.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #534030

I got rocksmith

my guitar is actually my brother's and it's like 5 years old, the action is too high, it detunes some strings at random if I'm playing in a weird key (fuck you queens of the stone age holy shit), i can't use a pick to save my life, and my fingers hurt, but I can pay $4 cad and actually learn how to play a song with useful lessons and Gameplay

i just wish i had my bass, guitar is stupit
Limey wrote:its too late.
Cade_Connelly_13
Byond Username: Gardenvoir

Post by Cade_Connelly_13 » #534677

Phantom Doctrine. A spy-thriller with gameplay reminiscent of XCOM.

I'm seeing my playthrough to the end but to be painfully honest it was light on spycraft, heavy on tactical action and had far too few random events for the setting portrayed.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #534679

Caves of Qud
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: