What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Sacko
Byond Username: Sacko

Re: What are you fucks playing?

Post by Sacko » #609302

Bottom post of the previous page:

I have reconnected with a true gamers gamer by the name of Tenneb Mcintosh over Synthetik. It is crazy sweet also sick to boot. play it with us, Hokay? Also play hand simulator with gupta.
From the Great State of Wisconsin. Visit Madison, WI this summer!!! Go to the capitol, and Olbrich Gardens, and the arboretum, and the Chazen art museum, and historical camp Randall stadium. For nice.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #609336

I just played a bit of Pokemon Emerald. So much nostalgia, great game (also doing the nuzlocke challenge).
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #610683

sinfulbliss wrote:I just played a bit of Pokemon Emerald. So much nostalgia, great game (also doing the nuzlocke challenge).
Tried getting into this again on my phone a while back and just couldn't. Really feels like I've played enough Pokemon for a lifetime, everything is just so samey.

I just recently finished GRIME, a very Hollow Knight-y game that runs a bit shorter and has much less of a story presence. It was pretty good. Not a perfect game for sure, a lot of it was kind of forgettable, but the boss fights and the platforming were pretty fun and it kept me coming back until I had finished it.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #611188

City of Heroes Private Server :)

https://thunderspygaming.net/
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #612524

I cannot escape Yu-Gi-Oh the trading card game.

It grabs me. It pulls me. It reels me.
I hate when my oponent floodgates me. I hate when Dragon Link survives another format. And, above all else, I hate, hate hate that a card called "Chamber Dragonmaid", of the Dragonmaid archetype, is a meta-relevant card. I am going to OBLITERATE Konami HQ with my rage.

And I come back. Well, not really, because I never leave to begin with.

I've been playing this game for 3 fucking years. LITERALLY everyday I have EDOPro out, deckbuilding whatever janky stupid idea I came up with. I may metaphorically scream and have my soul forcedly removed from my body when Konami reveals the v-tuber archetype, but sometimes you just gotta appreciate the creativity - by day they're v-tubers, by night they're extravagant thieves. And then Konami reveals Train support and my soul comes back to my body in an ecstasy like no other.
Konami literally printed a card called Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Juggernaut Liebe that has 4000 ATK points, can boost itself to 6000 ATK points and can attack thrice. Also - your starting lifepoints is 8000. This mf can literally kill you twice over and still have 2000 ATK to spare. Also, you use a card called Number 81: Superdreadnaught Rail Cannon Super Dora to summon it.

It literally is 4 trains with a large platform connecting them, filled with guns, with an even BIGGER gun on top.

Shit like this brings me life.

Also, there's a new deck recently released. It's called Suships, and it's about ships, that are made out of sushi. Literal suships. Their main mechanic? You have a central card - of course, rice - that can then combine with the other cards of the deck - that is, the sushi toppings - to create the battleships, wich, of course, are made out of rice and kelp with their respective topping. This is alarmingly high levels of creativity. Heartstone may be more popular and Magic may have better lore, but DAMMIT I want stupid ass shit like this in my veins.
I remade the beach away mission
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #612540

Project Zomboid. Basically it's like The Sims 1 except you can roleplay the NEET lifestyle with greater accuracy.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #612601

cacogen wrote:Project Zomboid. Basically it's like The Sims 1 except you can roleplay the NEET lifestyle with greater accuracy.
ive heard good things about that game, I think ill check it out right now
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #612605

this tutorial was fucking written by 17 year old me
Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #612612

houses have alarms

fuck
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #613779

Opposing Force. Enemies are bullet sponges on Hard. All your guns (bar explosives) feel incredibly weak. Not very satisfying to play.
NSFW:

iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #616298

i can't recommend echoes of the eye enough if you haven't played it yet

i can't recommend outer wilds enough if you haven't played it yet
actually one of the best games i've ever played and the expansion is just as good as the base, although i recommend not engaging with the expansion content 'til you beat the basegame at least once
cacogen wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:06 am Opposing Force. Enemies are bullet sponges on Hard. All your guns (bar explosives) feel incredibly weak. Not very satisfying to play.
every half life game feels like this on hard, opfor is great
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #616613

I read a bit about it and it turns out Opposing Force has the difficulty ramped up compared to the base game. Certainly compared to Half-Life 2, which on Hard is much easier (and a lot more pleasurable to play in general). In Half-Life 2 you're showered in health and ammo and particularly things like grenades which come in ever-replenishing chests. In Opposing Force I was constantly out of bullets in my good guns and low on health and having to figure out the optimal play between quicksaves to maximise the two. Not the worst way to play a game but it felt more like doing a tool-assisted speedrun than playing an FPS. In the end I got to the final boss and just sort of said fuck it. Same is true of the original Half-Life, actually.

Played Echoes of the Eye and then Return of the Obra Dinn. Found Echoes way more tedious and repetitive than the base game. Want to go back through and beat the base game again to see the new ending but don't know if I can be bothered. Had to cheat a bit on Obra Dinn. Got impatient and frustrated with my lack of progress after a certain point. The fates started out easy to medium in difficulty and satisfying to figure out and then beyond a certain point I was left with a shitload of unknowns and no idea how to progress. It wouldn't have occurred to me to check the hammocks for crew numbers in the sickness scene or match the Chinese Topmen to their bunks based on their socks and shoes sticking out. The filter over everything made it particularly hard for me to make out small details in the characters' appearances (or the tags on the hammocks). The only thing I'd want to change about the game (other than the filter) would be making it so you could could enter memories through the book instead of having to revisit the corpses throughout the ship, which always made it a pain to go back through chapters chronologically. I also felt that the game did its story a disservice too. It would've been better as a show like The Terror, or even just as a book. Best part of the game was easily the music.
NSFW:

IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #616824

im doing hcgim in osrs and im having a grand old time
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #616832

like a lot of people i've wasted many hours of my life to runescape over the years, especially as a kid (first got into it in 2004 and was there for the RS2 beta) but like a lot of things i never really got very far with it and can't imagine subjecting myself to it nowadays

why do people do it to themselves? it can take literal days clicking the same few things to gain a level
NSFW:

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #616848

i have it run in the background while i do other stuff like work, coding or reading
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #616930

played FF3 (the PSP port of the DS remake), enjoyed it a lot, simple and not nearly as difficult as the original but still good
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #616939

IkeTG wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:11 pm i have it run in the background while i do other stuff like work, coding or reading
you bot?
NSFW:

IkeTG

Post by IkeTG » #616954

oh lord no lol it's just easy to tab back into the game to queue up another action, esp since runelite tells you when you're idling
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #617321

If you've ever played and enjoyed VVVVVV, you should try ElecHead: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1456880/ElecHead/
I played through it a few days ago and it was great in a lot of the same ways as VVVVVV in terms of being a fun platforming game with a very unique and clever central mechanic.
Spoiler:
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #617740

Darkest Dungeon 2. Like the first one I want to enjoy it but I find it to be a boring, repetitive slog.
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #618945

I bought that Foreskin Horizon thing so I'm gonna get bored of that now too I think
NSFW:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #619125

► Show Spoiler
I got a X rated Lamborghini which somehow made every AI driver also have a car rated 999 so I came third
NSFW:

Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #619141

BACK TO OXYGEN NOT INCLUDED ITS MY SAME GAME FROM 6 MONTHS AGO AND I DONT REMEMBER WHAT THE FUCK I WAS DOOOINNGGG
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #619189

when i'm not playing shaft miner in ss13, i'm playing deep rock galactic.
ironic.
ROCK AND STONE, EVERYONE!
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #621515

sh
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

terbs
Byond Username: yolo4202beardromenmugen

Post by terbs » #621556

currently running through the master chief collection right now if anyone wants to co-op it with me, on Halo 2

ill be playing infinite for probably a few weeks after that as well if anyone would like to join me
"You cannot create fun, only take it from other players." - 2beard
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #621561

Acquired Atelier Lulua and it's pretty chill and cute so far
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #621598

sh
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #621602

Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #628557

DYING LIGHT 2 IS COMING OUT TOMORROW LETS GOOOO
GAME OF THE YEAR
(It's probably gonna end up censored in Germany but it's getting a release this time, big step!!)
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #628570

I liked Dying Light. Can't wait to pirate that flick. Oh, they added Denuvo. Guess I'm gonna have to waste money on it instead.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #628660

cacogen wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:08 am I liked Dying Light. Can't wait to pirate that flick. Oh, they added Denuvo. Guess I'm gonna have to waste money on it instead.
Denuvo is already cracked + it being cracked increases performance
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #628717

Wtf Germans can only play coop with other Germans and you can't dismember human enemies or kill neutral npcs
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #628785

Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:20 am Wtf Germans can only play coop with other Germans and you can't dismember human enemies or kill neutral npcs
f get a vpn
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #628812

Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:45 am
Timonk wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:20 am Wtf Germans can only play coop with other Germans and you can't dismember human enemies or kill neutral npcs
f get a vpn
Doesn't work on steam, your account is country locked. You can only change it if you move countries
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #628852

Timonk wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:28 am
Jonathan Gupta wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:45 am
f get a vpn
Doesn't work on steam, your account is country locked. You can only change it if you move countries
:oops:
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #628930

Think I'm gonna wait until the Denuvo gets cracked to pirate it it seems kind of mediocre
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #628972

cacogen wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm Think I'm gonna wait until the Denuvo gets cracked to pirate it it seems kind of mediocre
Teichland is one of the studios you should avoid pirating from, if you can. They're gamers, and healthy for the industry since they do pro consumer policies
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #629046

Timonk wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:05 pm
cacogen wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:54 pm Think I'm gonna wait until the Denuvo gets cracked to pirate it it seems kind of mediocre
Teichland is one of the studios you should avoid pirating from, if you can. They're gamers, and healthy for the industry since they do pro consumer policies
Minor autocorrect failture/spelling mistake, laugh at this user
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #629048

using denuvo is not pro consumer

also i've been playing sifu all day, it's pretty/good
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #629070

I bought the last one on sale after giving it a pirate knowing very little about it, actually enjoying it and finishing it but I got kind of sick of it during the second playthrough and never went back and I get the feeling this will be more of the same
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #629087

terranaut wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:48 pm
using denuvo is not pro consumer
Everyone makes mistakes...
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #637659

So I got banned for 1 day today for making Lukas Judge do blackface and then after getting in trouble writing "Blackface by proxy is not racist" on the floor.
► Show Spoiler
So now I'm going to catch up on a couple of flicks I've been meaning to play:

And they still haven't cracked the Denuvo on Dying Light 2 and Techland still wants $99 for the base version.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #638401

They added a no-building mode to Fortnite and it's unironically fantastic. A couple of my friends tried it with me and we've been on it for maybe a week or two. The last time I played the game was way, waaay back before it became a big meme, and the game has improved a ton since then in ways besides just the removal of building: The movement has been thoroughly upgraded (sprinting/sliding/ziplines/jetpacks/mantling/these wacky spider web bounce pads that I think are left over from a spider man crossover thing?) and there are these cars that you can drive now, and let me tell you, the cars are FUN to drive. You can have your buddies ride shotgun and poke their head out the window so you can get into car chases or do drivebys and shit like that, and there are vehicles like the tank with a gunner seat and all this really cool stuff. I've been playing it via the Legendary Games Launcher (easier to use than it looks: Get the exe, from the command line run `legendary auth`, log in to Epic, install/update with `legendary install fortnite`, then launch with `legendary fortnite`) so as to avoid the Epic launcher and have marginally less spyware (though Fortnite itself needs Easy Anticheat which is a bummer but that ship has long sailed for me) and I'd thoroughly recommend anyone reading this to give it a shot.
Spoiler:
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #638422

Sacko wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:50 pm I have reconnected with a true gamers gamer by the name of Tenneb Mcintosh over Synthetik. It is crazy sweet also sick to boot. play it with us, Hokay? Also play hand simulator with gupta.
I miss you sacko.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639241

Vampire the masquerade: bloodhunt
Rogue lineage 2
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #639288

I'm cautiously looking forward to Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong. Although Tim seems to have stolen it, so that sours things a little. Hopefully it won't have Denuvo, so I can just pirate it.
Timonk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:37 pm Vampire the masquerade: bloodhunt
Rogue lineage 2
I had no idea what Rogue Lineage was so I looked it up and found this
A cringe Roblox game which only 20 year olds living in their mom's basement play so they can virtually murder new players with their vind ultra spy so that they can get free internet points.
Is this true
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639321

cacogen wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:47 pm I'm cautiously looking forward to Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong. Although Tim seems to have stolen it, so that sours things a little. Hopefully it won't have Denuvo, so I can just pirate it.
Timonk wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:37 pm Vampire the masquerade: bloodhunt
Rogue lineage 2
I had no idea what Rogue Lineage was so I looked it up and found this
A cringe Roblox game which only 20 year olds living in their mom's basement play so they can virtually murder new players with their vind ultra spy so that they can get free internet points.
Is this true
Fuck shit cring i meant rogue legacy 2
I always confuse rogue legacy with lineage
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #639322

Timonk wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:54 pm Fuck shit cring i meant rogue legacy 2
I always confuse rogue legacy with lineage
Rogue legacy 2 is good I have it

Rogue Lineage is an evil version of ss13's game design where you progress and gain more power by wiping out other peoples save-data. They get 3 lives and if your evil you snap their necks, taking 1. Or if you're good you throw an evil person in prison which kills them by starvation, wiping out a life. If you run out of lives your data gets deleted and you have to start all over.

It's honestly ingenious at how they create an "endless" game with a toxic atmosphere..But its the equivalent of trying to build a sand-castle right next to the waves at the beach. Utterly pointless!

I bought xenoverse 2 on switch when it was on sale for 4 dollars. Definitely worth it.
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #639329

Shadowflame909 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 7:59 pm It's honestly ingenious at how they create an "endless" game with a toxic atmosphere..But its the equivalent of trying to build a sand-castle right next to the waves at the beach. Utterly pointless!
Kinda sounds like Rust, which seemed to turn out as a salt generator for Australian teenagers to abuse each other in.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #639459

Shotgun King the final checkmate
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: