What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by DemonFiren » #275022

Bottom post of the previous page:

Meanwhile I'm busy creaming my pants from how beautiful this ancient game looks.

I mean, even Stairfax Temperatures looks better in places than some modern shit, because apparently nobody can do fur right, but those Chozo ruins in Prime have A E S T H E T I C.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275113

If it wasn't for some of the textures rendering MP1 at 1080p would look better than quite a few games today, and even then it still does imo
Limey wrote:its too late.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275167

Be it also noted that I intensely despise morph ball double jumps.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275204

DemonFiren wrote:Be it also noted that I intensely despise morph ball double jumps.
the trilogy rerelease was so much nicer for having the spring ball in all 3 games, my god

it just controls better overall IMO
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275230

Yeah, but isn't Wii emulation still fuck?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275232

DemonFiren wrote:Yeah, but isn't Wii emulation still fuck?
no

the only reason I didn't hit 60fps emulating the trilogy was because I was doing 1080p + antialiasing, it runs just fine

there's very few games in dolphin that are notably poor performance wise anymore
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275234

So I guess it's time to download the trilogy ROM, setup the Wii emu somehow, and delete Prime/2.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275235

DemonFiren wrote:So I guess it's time to download the trilogy ROM, setup the Wii emu somehow, and delete Prime/2.
if you have a bluetooth adapter the experimental builds also have proper wiimote support, no more bluetooth stack horseshit

you'll need a sensor bar/two candles/something that has 2 ir lights for the wiimote to use, but yeah it just works (tm)
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275237

Oh, right, wiimotes.
Fuck no.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275242

DemonFiren wrote:Oh, right, wiimotes.
Fuck no.
>being 2 kool for kiddie games

EDIT: I downloaded that starcraft 1 PTR build to give it a shot

I had an APM of 60 in my first game

man I suck at RTSes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #275304

I don't have a wiimote and I won't buy one for playing pirated emulated games.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275306

lol nerd
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #275314

Dolphin is for high quality gamecube emulation you cretins, wii has no good games
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275315

Wyzack wrote:Dolphin is for high quality gamecube emulation you cretins, wii has no good games
do you want to fucking fight me you scumfuck human trash

though I will admit the gamecube library is probably more solid overall
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #275318

Name a few, i did not play the wii much but all i can really think of off the top of my head was smash and mariocart and both of those were worse than the wiiu and gamecuber offerings of the same franchise
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275320

metroid prime 3/the trilogy

super mario galaxy

I would disagree on DD being better than mk wii

super paper mario

those are my favs but you could go full normie and say stuff like zelda games
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #275322

Paladins for some nice competitive shooting time.

Titanfall for some nice fuck-around shooting time, with my brand new Northstar Prime.

XCOM 2, because RNG is fun. /s
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #275335

I heard metroid 3 was weaker than one and two though.

I will admit i thought DD was better than the wii one but i think that is just in part because i am sad they ditched the double rider mechanic and i fucking hated the unresponsive motion control steering. Never played mario galaxy but you got me there that game looked pretty cool. Ditto for paper mario
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275459

Prime 3 wasn't "weaker" but it wasn't the same type of game as Prime 1, had more of a focus on story, even if people feel it isn't as good it's still a damn fine game
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #275620

Qbopper wrote:I would disagree on DD being better than mk wii

super paper mario
WRONG
DD best mario kart
ttyd (maybe) best paper mario (definitely better than super though)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #275834

dd was bad because it didn't have coconut mall
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #275849

Qbopper wrote:dd was bad because it didn't have coconut mall
This is the only fair criticism of the game i have ever seen
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #276927

Persona 5.

Three hours after starting free time isn't available yet, I only had a couple of scripted combats, but I'm already loving every bit of it, the attention to detail and the aesthetics are superb.
Unlike other rpg that came out a bit ago, I was overcomed by hype with this one, but the results are worthy.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #276950

persona more like keksona
Spoiler:
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #276966

I always feel bad about this but I unironically am turned off of games like Persona because of the weeb aesthetic and fanbases

It could be the literal best game ever made but if a game has an anime-esque artstyle I'm probably not going to try it out without convincing

it's fucking stupid
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277006

What I feel is stupid

Like, I played 999 off of a recommendation on the game via text, but if I had just seen a screenshot I would probably have never touched it because of that

Doesn't help that VLR had someone literally covering her boobs with a necklace
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #277013

Shovel Knight: Spectre of Torment is out today
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #277062

Minecraft is comfy once you bloat it up with mods gonna start another 1.7 pack and hopefully not burn out
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277065

I never liked minecraft mods, dunno why

They just never feel right to me, even if you ignore the absurd bloat that most modpacks have
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #277071

Qbopper wrote:I always feel bad about this but I unironically am turned off of games like Persona because of the weeb aesthetic and fanbases

It could be the literal best game ever made but if a game has an anime-esque artstyle I'm probably not going to try it out without convincing

it's fucking stupid
How about something easier to get first? Try SMT nocturne, with an emulator, PS3, PS4, whatever you like. It's tough as nails, no animu aesthetics and you'll get the core fun of the franchise.
If you liked it, you can continue either with core Shin megami Tensei games (no animu aesthetics, but the latest ones are for NDS or 3DS, so shitty graphics) or, if you think you can endure it, Persona 3, 4 and 5.
The persona games after 2 are animeish, but on the other hand are awesome, better balanced, and the plot is always worth it.

from what I could tell:
-SMT: Nocturne- One of the hardest and bleakest in the franchise, no waifus nor kawaii shit in here, unless you take a shine to your first pixie, other than that, violence, betrayal, loneliness and kicking everyone in the balls, since everyone are assholes to you, you won't care.
SMT Strange journey: Violence, betrayal, assholish angels, assholish demons, you're alone and the world is going to die unless you decide to be neutral and do something about it, zero animu, zero kawaii, the only gal I remember was a complete bitch
SMT IV: Violence, assholish angels, assholish demons, assholish humans, good luck staying neutral and saving the day, starts nightmarishly hard, suddenly turns into trivially easy, only one woman to really mention, chances are you'll kill her.
SMT IV Apocalypse: Depending on what you choose either this is a shitty shonen "the power of friendship" show where you save everyone and actually more or less solve the series, or it's a super rad killfest where everyone dies by your hand, you get to keep your waifu if you wish to and everyone regrets crossing your path, also, assholes everywhere (get the pattern in core SMT?)

-Persona 1, 2 IS and 2 ET: they had a lot of influence from the oldie SMT, includes rad stuff like sunglasses Hitler or Nyarlathotep
Spoiler:
-Persona 3: You could consider it the prototype of the persona system, people REALLY liked it when it was out, you gotta keep your suspension of disbelief a number of times, and IMO is the most animuish of the lot (secret student club, the all powerful council president who can perfectly outdo the director, the kids openly getting weaponry from the cops without anyone stopping them...) the AI made things harder than it should.
-Persona 4: Opinions and tastes aside, Persona 4, if only by side material, dethroned Persona 3 very fast, less animuish, more realistic (you're a kid, when a cop watches your buddy with two daggers you get sent immediately to the police station to get an earful, you gotta watch out to go out at night, no one takes you seriously, and your way of getting weaponry is by buying artistic stuff in the blacksmith's store) For the most part, most new people in the franchise started because of P3 or this one. the Golden Version is amazing, but the difficulty got toned down a lot, so it's actually the only game in the entire series I'd recommend to tackle at hard.

-Digital Devil saga 1&2: very hard, a bit more reliant in the plot, also it's an interesting duo because they step away from judeo-christian mythology and into Hindu mythos, it had some songs, but other than that, it's a story about gang violence, the end of the world and how shitty some people can be.
-Devil survivor Raidou Kuzunoha: Not my favourite, Focused on pre WW2 Japan, so it's an interesting setting, it's not turn based and you only control the MC.

Devil survivor 1: animuish survival pokeman deconstruction, starts tame, then everything goes to shit, had tons of routes and endings.
Devil survivor 2: animuish survival pokeman deconstruction 2: ELECTRIC BOGALOO. Starts dire and then everything bar none goes to nothingness, more animu, with fujobait, including a 15 YO brat who's the superboss of an ancient conspiracy who really, REALLY wants your pooper.

Core SMT is a good choice always, Persona 3, 4 and 5 should be given a chance, the spin offs should depend on your mood and how you like the other games, also, every single one of them is tough as nails, have multiple endings, and every so often you kill God.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277083

I have little money or time so my ability to try new games is limited but that seems like a neat list, will come back to this in the future
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #277089

Mods is the only way to play for me. Gotta love turning vanilla into a big automationfest
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #277090

The MC 1.10 mod packs are all kinda unstable, server I play on currently runs FTB Beyond and it keeps crashing because of broken objects.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #277091

Ricotez wrote:The MC 1.10 mod packs are all kinda unstable, server I play on currently runs FTB Beyond and it keeps crashing because of broken objects.
I was playing on a 1.10 server that died from refined storage lagging up everything.

Shame since 1.10 has a lot of good features

And also Agricraft got ported but doesn't work at all in beyond
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #277173

Qbopper wrote:I have little money or time so my ability to try new games is limited but that seems like a neat list, will come back to this in the future
Most of them are for PS2, so emulate them, not like you have many other options.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #277327

I got into Quake closed beta but you have to install Bethesda launcher, and i'm not sure if I want to do that. Anyone used it before? Is it botnet?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277414

Lumbermancer wrote:I got into Quake closed beta but you have to install Bethesda launcher, and i'm not sure if I want to do that. Anyone used it before? Is it botnet?
if you use any form of windows it's too late

I got in too, really excited because I like quake even though I'm not very good, here's hoping champions gets popular
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #277448

Still playing Tittyfail's campaign, also fuck you qbopper for stealing all my time.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #277455

DemonFiren wrote:Still playing Tittyfail's campaign, also fuck you qbopper for stealing all my time.
respawn where's my fucking check for shilling your game
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #277672

Got dragged back into helldivers of all things
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #277851

Trying to four start the final level in Germany in Breach and Clear. I almost had it. Circles around the snippets, killed everyone in the outpost, one minor injury. Then it turns out there was an enemy back near the A entry I had missed which cost me several turns and I ended it with two stars. Fuck.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #278200

The new Spectre Knight campaign is really awesome. It feels a bit easier than the other two, and there isn't as much customization that Plague Knight's gave, but it was still really enjoyable to wreck everyone's shit with midair attacks.

Now to wait another year until King Knight comes out
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #278404

I got into top 3 in Battlegrounds. I thought it's gonna be shit, but it's pretty fun.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #278421

I'm the best at battlegrounds. The best!
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #278422

Lumbermancer wrote:I got into top 3 in Battlegrounds. I thought it's gonna be shit, but it's pretty fun.
Git Gud. Duos are more fun
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #278424

Yeah duo is much more fun than the other two, you just need to have someone not a moron to play with.

Never pubby a duo.
you are mom is gay
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #278425

We should get a group together and play that ALL CAPITAL LETTERS game sometime
I am terrible at it but I learned tactics for it from a friend that is great

>Pub duo

What's the point? You may as well solo it
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #278429

Why do some vehicles have 5 seats when you can only play with 4 people?
you are mom is gay
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #278518

I'm not allowed to talk about the quake champions beta

but holy fuck this game is great it's like quake if you were able to play without being brutally murdered by someone who has 40 years experience
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #278526

lntigracy wrote:Why do some vehicles have 5 seats when you can only play with 4 people?
Because it is possible to switch seats to seat 5 for different cover from different angles

Also because you can technically talk to people with proximity voice and convince them to get in your car
Cobraman202
Byond Username: Cobraman

Post by Cobraman202 » #278575

HOI IV is pretty good
Player of Aden Mcclymonds, Liliana Murphy, and Darrel Williams.