What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Takeguru » #131257

Bottom post of the previous page:

I bought Afterbirth to play while Vermintide downloads.

HELP
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #131273

1000000 BC. I mean ARK. Already a cannibal within the first day.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #131330

Streaming Afterbirth if any of you abortions want to watch.

http://www.hitbox.tv/endgamerazari

EDIT: IT'S OVER
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #131350

Phantom Ruse and Halo 5.

Scored a 17 kill-streak in FFA, haven't done that since high school when I had no life, now I have little life.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #131399

i decided to LEGALLY PURCHASE pillars of eternity, and its pretty fun. muh baldur's gate nostalgia

also been playing some aardwolf, MUDs seem pretty fuckin neato i suppose
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #131403

been playing a ton of FFXIV lately now that i have some free time
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #131424

Beat Bloodboune with my buddy the other day. Got the sooper sekret ending by eating an eldritch umbilical cord and
Spoiler:
killing the Moon Presence and becoming a god in the form of a gross squiddily slug monster
Fuck that game was absolutely amazing. I think i like it as much as Dark Souls, and hold fuck is that saying something because DS is one of my all time favorites. Shout out to the bad dude who co-oped with me to beat the final boss. Probably gonna start a second playthrough soon. Maybe with less drinking. Pretty sure i lost a grand total of 250,000 blood echos due to stupid deaths when i was drunk, including a whopping 100k lost after a bossfight when i fell off a ledge and then got killed by a stupid mook
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #131486

And last night was viscera cleanup detail. Which was in sale and out of early access.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #131570

ThanatosRa wrote:And last night was viscera cleanup detail. Which was in sale and out of early access.
yooo we should play that together sometime, its abso-fuckin-lutely perfect for someone with literal irl OCD like me

in other news, league of lesbians is getting a massive patch soon (TM)

-loot to make getting new champs/skins easier (free)
-better matchmaking (pick 2 preferred roles you want to play before you join the queue, etc)
-NEW CLIENT

i might check it out, thoughts?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131589

Tad of bloodborne, tis okay seems to rely on more cheap shots than souls vanilla eh.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #131844

What is this?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131849

Paint the town red a bar fight sim. Not a very deep game tho.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #132017

[youtube]mhdlLlRMH_c[/youtube]
Drat good.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #132103

Been playing C:DDA, willing lab mutant challenge and the only reason I've died 4 times in a row are FUCKING TURRETS AAAAAHHHH. I really need to start leaving ! mode on because I keep fucking myself by accientally walking into room with a turret and not spotting it and getting shot to shreds. my 4 guy I had survived for like 2 hours and had tons of sick lab loot and evolved into High Night vision and I had like 100 kills but fucking died because I slipped my hand on the numpad and moved twice into a fucking room with a turret, I was so fucking pissed and still AM fuck.

now I'm currently doing the Student - Prepper jr start and I'm living pretty good as it is, I've even survived walking into a minefield accidentally and blowing up like three of them.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #132135

I started trying to make my way through the Metal Gear Solid series. Yay for emus
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #132140

Drynwyn wrote:I started trying to make my way through the Metal Gear Solid series. Yay for emus
The worst part about that? Its easier to emulate MGS2 than it is to actually run the PC version of the game.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #132141

WOOP NEW DCSS SERSION RELEASED
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #132785

2 hours into the original System Shock. System Shock 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. but I've never had the chance to play the original until now.

The controls were easy to pick up, and I actually became immersed into the game fairly quickly despite the very obvious age, clunky controls, and cheesy as hell and repetitive music.

And holy hell, SS13's AI is basically lifted off of SHODAN in so many more ways than I thought. How SHODAN needs cameras to control the station, the human-to-cyborg converters (Not in original design I know but it's still applicable), how she whispers traitorous orders to her robots, how she goes insane after the comdom station commander alters her, and how she keeps fucking locking down doors on me and cockblocking me from the armory.

System Shock 1 is basically Malfunction, except actually fun.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #132813

Space Station 13 is essentially System Shock Online. Those two games have had such an enormous impact on our game. The AI's default sprite is based on SHODAN's display before she malfunctioned, and back in the day if you were a malfunctioning AI your sprite would default itself to SHODAN's malfunctioning face instead.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #132815

I think AI default looks more like XERXES.

So, yeah, if we found a way to turn Malf into actual System Shock...
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #132823

I made a XERXES sprite for the AI core like 2 years ago or so

but under our current copyright guidelines I can't PR it, so it's admin varedit only
Spoiler:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #132893

Everyone should play the System Shocks. Every time System Shock 2 on deep sale on Steam, I purchase 10-15 gift copies to ram down the throats of people I know/meet at some point in the future who haven't played it yet.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #133205

i have never played system shock 2 and frankly never heard of system shocks before the above post, though i keep meaning to try the former some time

in other news, i picked up banner saga since they're having that mini-sale on steam right now for the steam systems. heard good things about it, so my hopes are up. the animations look like a disney thing.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #133759

Well I know what I won't be playing.
[youtube]ACYotzqFfd0[/youtube]
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #133763

Incomptinence wrote:Well I know what I won't be playing.
Spoiler:
[youtube]ACYotzqFfd0[/youtube]
"Solitaire on a screen? Really? Really? You can play this with cards. Really? Solitaire. Really?".

This above statement is actually more reasonable since solitaire is a single-player game in physical card form too, whereas hangman is a single-player game which requires a second player to think up a word, something a computer can obviously do in order to make it a fully single-player game. Not to mention the fact that there are lots of hangman games around.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't make a hangman game and provide it... I mean sure, this game's graphics look incredibly dumb, but I really see nothing wrong with a video game version of hangman on Steam...
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #133773

what are some good mindless f2p multiplayer shooters? been bored recently since i cant come shit up the server so im looking for something to pass two weeks. i played tf2 since launch but quit recently, so that's out of the picture; thinking of booting planetside 2 back up; trying to get into tribes but cant seem to gitgud. just something not really competitive or anything, just a nice frag em up, preferably without overly blatant p2w shit like combat arms. any ideas?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133783

Deitus wrote:what are some good mindless f2p multiplayer shooters?
I dunno Dirty Bomb was alright for when I played it. You can tell it wants to be competitive but nobody really cares.
You can buy loadout "cards" for cash and mercenaries but not particularly necessary. First few ranks in the game nets you enough in-game currency to buy at least 2-3 mercs of your choice. And they rotate out 3 of them for free weekly. Plus you get like the best defensive medic, and the second best ammo support class in the game for free to start with.

I've been looking for a decent shooter to fill the void that Tribes left when it died.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #133791

Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus wrote:what are some good mindless f2p multiplayer shooters?
I dunno Dirty Bomb was alright for when I played it. You can tell it wants to be competitive but nobody really cares.
You can buy loadout "cards" for cash and mercenaries but not particularly necessary. First few ranks in the game nets you enough in-game currency to buy at least 2-3 mercs of your choice. And they rotate out 3 of them for free weekly. Plus you get like the best defensive medic, and the second best ammo support class in the game for free to start with.

I've been looking for a decent shooter to fill the void that Tribes left when it died.
they restarted development on it though :O

ive heard good things about dirty bomb and i was wary of it because nexon but i guess i'll give it a try. also thinking of trying neotokyo again, though i dunno if the playerbase is still there
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #133792

Deitus wrote:also thinking of trying neotokyo again, though i dunno if the playerbase is still there
"NeoTokyo Friday" still happens I think, can usually get one or two full servers during the weekend. Haven't checked in like two months though.
Most of the community is probably gonna jump over to that Ghost in the Shell shooter whenever it happens.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #133808

Saegrimr wrote:
Deitus wrote:also thinking of trying neotokyo again, though i dunno if the playerbase is still there
"NeoTokyo Friday" still happens I think, can usually get one or two full servers during the weekend. Haven't checked in like two months though.
Most of the community is probably gonna jump over to that Ghost in the Shell shooter whenever it happens.
i signed up for that, hoping to get in. never really got into ghost in a shell since im way more of a manga person than an anime person but it still looks decent.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #134194

Playing Kero Blaster now that it's out on Steam.

Made by the Cave Story dev. I don't expect it to be as good as Cave Story, especially seeing as this was originally made for Mobile. It's still pretty fun on its own. If only I didn't suck at the game so much.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #134677

Kero Blaster was pretty tough. I don't know if I have it in me to play hard mode. The President is pretty cute, though.

Playing Sunless Sea now. The game is an non-linear exploration adventure, sailing the seas of a world plunged into something Cthulhu-esque. Atmosphere is top notch, and there has been no shortage of novelty yet. Gets pretty tense when supplies are short, but is pretty chill otherwise.

I already had my first Captain die because I sailed too far north and ended up getting lost on the other side of the map. Got rammed by a giant iceberg monster be cause I didn't have enough crew to run at full speed. Good fun.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #135398

Oh a starsector update introducing limited sensor range and ship captains with varied behavior sets for front line ships and support missile boats and stuff neat.

Edit: Well looks like the way it is currently balanced getting started is a piss bucket and the starting combat ship is woefully outclassed in combat the smuggler ship is too slow to actually avoid patrols guess it is time for babby settings.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #135868

I have completed my playthrough of Metal Gear Solids 1-4. I am now worthy to play The Phantom Pain
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #135872

Pmuch figure just go easy difficulty in starsector. To actually progress and not slowly bleed to death on his multiple upkeep systems normal just doesn't cut it for anything short of me upclassing the ship next year unless I get lucky and exploit one of the trade imbalances (that he cracked down on) while juggling faction attitudes so I never become friends with anyone since every single faction in the game will then hold a tribunal on me having too many friends and randomly decide to be my enemy.

So I need to keep everyone in a mildly pissed off state forever. And play in easy mode because fuck that grind your literally start with triple the funds compared to the one other mode. Made some progress found a little bombarded moon station that shits machine parts half the price of anywhere else while pirates disrupt trade in neighbouring systems leading to triple price or better. Oh and every enemy fleet that wants to catch anything emergency burns all the fucking time like the AI isn't supply limited to it just fucking outclasses your in speed even in some of the fastest ships in the game. Upgraded to a mule and now I ship big and just need to save up for lackeys to deal with raiders so my slow ass doesn't have to savescum all the time (fuck this guys grind fetish fuck his typing DELETE to remove saves pansy grot nonsense and screw playing this legit this game is basically abuse or die slowly frustrated)
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135879

Incomptinence wrote:Pmuch figure just go easy difficulty in starsector. To actually progress and not slowly bleed to death on his multiple upkeep systems normal just doesn't cut it for anything short of me upclassing the ship next year unless I get lucky and exploit one of the trade imbalances (that he cracked down on) while juggling faction attitudes so I never become friends with anyone since every single faction in the game will then hold a tribunal on me having too many friends and randomly decide to be my enemy.

So I need to keep everyone in a mildly pissed off state forever. And play in easy mode because fuck that grind your literally start with triple the funds compared to the one other mode. Made some progress found a little bombarded moon station that shits machine parts half the price of anywhere else while pirates disrupt trade in neighbouring systems leading to triple price or better. Oh and every enemy fleet that wants to catch anything emergency burns all the fucking time like the AI isn't supply limited to it just fucking outclasses your in speed even in some of the fastest ships in the game. Upgraded to a mule and now I ship big and just need to save up for lackeys to deal with raiders so my slow ass doesn't have to savescum all the time (fuck this guys grind fetish fuck his typing DELETE to remove saves pansy grot nonsense and screw playing this legit this game is basically abuse or die slowly frustrated)
I was interested in game but after reading this I don't even want to bother lol
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #135939

There is meant to be a mission system to lead you about and encourage you and give ya money but it seems to run out of missions I dunno. I miss the days of blasting pirate buffalo II freighters to make a living really guy is obsessed with plugging up the progression to be slow. He plans to put in production shit you can set up yourself to sustain you but basically time constantly drains you of supplies even at a dead stop.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #135941

What game are you playing Incom?
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #135951

Zilenan91 wrote:What game are you playing Incom?
Incomptinence wrote:Oh a starsector update introducing limited sensor range and ship captains with varied behavior sets for front line ships and support missile boats and stuff neat.

Edit: Well looks like the way it is currently balanced getting started is a piss bucket and the starting combat ship is woefully outclassed in combat the smuggler ship is too slow to actually avoid patrols guess it is time for babby settings.
empty quoting ; game is called starsector
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #136625

I like to go cuss with people. The group I play with does have slots though so if anyone from Europe wants to play with us, let me know. We play daily in the European time evenings and into the night. We're nova 3/nova 4 tier.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #136778

Well started getting into starsector again. Key to legit trading is to just flat out leave the starting system ASAP that place is a backwater. The Valhala system barren moonlet upon trade disrupt offers upon trade disruption prices on heavy machinery so ridiculously low that your can easily do better than triple buying price after tariffs (tariffs are 30% fucking percent) this gains your positive attitude when sold on another world which is the only real reason to legit trade and not dodge tarrifs. You want to build up reputation with independents this loose confederation of traders has a foothold in most systems and befriending them puts no ones panties in a twist, if you butter them up enough with trading and trade missions they basically have a more limited range of hegemony equipment including the top of the line capital ship the onslaught and some lighter combat craft for earlier escorts. For freighters don't waste time on unarmed or crippled ones the tri-techion homeworld can have ventures on the civilian market which while not the top of the line hauler in the game are cheap to run and a pretty heavy missile boat with 2 fixed infinitely recharging missile launchers and 2 medium missile mounts. They also have a flight deck allowing your the branch into fighters later. To find good trades press E on the map or a store to bring up info and look at prices, green icons indicate usually good prices (best you need to read the infor for huge diferences) Red is need, use trade missions also generated by need to set a fixed sales point not ruined by other traders that makes you popular if you can. 2 Ventures cruisers with tugs, a gemini freighter, a lasher frigate and my personal boat is an enforcer destroyer. The weapons need a re choosing but a burn drive is pretty handy and the small missile slots help chip into the macross levels of missiles everywhere when the time is right.

You might want to smuggle a little bit to get started I personally am now building up rep for an enormous tariff dodges when my fleet is huge to gain mad money.

Edit:
Current trade fleet after ambushing some pirates. Sadly poorly equipped to chase em down (might change to fighter/ frigate escorts) but anyone who stops to fight back in a frigate pack dies. There are much bigger pirate fleets out there that can beat this but the dollars slowly build up.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137193

Trying Project Nimbus, because it's /m/ and on sale.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #137290

Started Star Trek Online again, winter event hasn't started yet but I don't intend on missing this one.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #137301

Played through Life is Strange, aka The Butterfly Effect: The Movie: The Game, except actually good!

I was put off first by the cringy dialogue, characters, and stupid high school level drama, but thankfully that's set aside (the bad parts at least) for quality Hardy Boys + Timey Wimey powers

Unlike Telltale, who stagnated and fell in a lot of ways, Dontnod actually knows how to make these kinds of games. Never before had I had so much fun feeling like shit over the decisions I made.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137353

Been getting back into modded minecraft again, this time playing on a server that runs FTB Infinity Expert Mode.

What expert mode means is that all the recipes are stupidly more complicated, but it also tries to link mods together so there are only 2 primary progression paths, rather than a separate one for every single mod. FIrst there's the Tech Tree, which has you start out with Immersive Engineering for steel and power transfer, and a few machines from Industrialcraft to make special parts, but that's not so impressive. I'm having rather more fun with the Magic Tree, which has you start out with Botania to make even basic items for Thaumcraft, which you then need to make more advanced items for Botania but also start on Witchery and Blood Magic, both of which have a few of their items get involved into critical recipes for the other mods. It's all connected, if you want to progress in any of the four magic mods, you'll need to also progress in the other three.

And Applied Energistics is completely end-game. The ME Controller and Energy Acceptor blocks have INCREDIBLY expensive recipes that involve nether stars and galgadorian metal. It's a real bummer because I got so used to AE's handy storage systems that I completely lost the skill to not spread my items thinly over a dozen chests or so. I need to teach myself how Logistics Pipes works soon, when set up properly you can use that mod as a lite version of AE.
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137367

Ricotez wrote:Been getting back into modded minecraft
are you playin on a private server? Arty hasn't hosted a server for a while and I kinda feel like modded mc again. I've heard about expert mode from a a video; does it really take two hours to craft a bucket??
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137379

Ricotez wrote:Been getting back into modded minecraft again, this time playing on a server that runs FTB Infinity Expert Mode.

What expert mode means is that all the recipes are stupidly more complicated, but it also tries to link mods together so there are only 2 primary progression paths, rather than a separate one for every single mod. FIrst there's the Tech Tree, which has you start out with Immersive Engineering for steel and power transfer, and a few machines from Industrialcraft to make special parts, but that's not so impressive. I'm having rather more fun with the Magic Tree, which has you start out with Botania to make even basic items for Thaumcraft, which you then need to make more advanced items for Botania but also start on Witchery and Blood Magic, both of which have a few of their items get involved into critical recipes for the other mods. It's all connected, if you want to progress in any of the four magic mods, you'll need to also progress in the other three.

And Applied Energistics is completely end-game. The ME Controller and Energy Acceptor blocks have INCREDIBLY expensive recipes that involve nether stars and galgadorian metal. It's a real bummer because I got so used to AE's handy storage systems that I completely lost the skill to not spread my items thinly over a dozen chests or so. I need to teach myself how Logistics Pipes works soon, when set up properly you can use that mod as a lite version of AE.
i bought minecraft years and years and years ago but never was able to figure out multiplayer. what're some good, fun servers to try? looking for a good variety of game modes to get my feet wet with.

semi-related, /v/ has been running privatte servers of ace of spades (the old one before it got bought out). had some good times on that game, should look into it
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #137380

Ricotez wrote:Been getting back into modded minecraft again
i bought minecraft years and years and years ago but never was able to figure out multiplayer. what're some good, fun servers to try? looking for a good variety of game modes to get my feet wet with.

semi-related, /v/ has been running private servers of ace of spades (the old one before it got bought out). had some good times on that game, should look into it
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #137381

Deitus wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Been getting back into modded minecraft again

semi-related, /v/ has been running private servers of ace of spades (the old one before it got bought out). had some good times on that game, should look into it
oh fuck I remember old ace of spades. that game just has a certain feel to it you know? It's really fun. I remember downloading some skins for the guns and sights. I think the smg was the best gun overall if you could learn to headshot with it, I prefer the shoutgun though cause I mostly just stuck around defending the flag/base and building defenses.

I think the launcher for that game is called buildandshoot or something similar? I have it in my games folder still
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #137383

Old AoS was fun as fuck.
SMG a shit, though,it's literally "spray in the general direction of your opponent's head and if they're as much as scratched you get a one-hit-kill".
Shotgun also a shit, but an actually shit shit, because damage and spread were improperly adjusted.
Rifle was, of course, ruined in 0.75 because >lel it no longer aims where you shoot

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #137389

TheWiznard wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Been getting back into modded minecraft
are you playin on a private server? Arty hasn't hosted a server for a while and I kinda feel like modded mc again. I've heard about expert mode from a a video; does it really take two hours to craft a bucket??
For a bucket you need 3 metal plates, which requires the Industrialcraft hammer, which requires impregnated sticks, which require creosote oil, which requires a coke oven. The Immersive Engineering version of the coke oven needs clay and sand so if you work hard you could have a bucket in maybe half an hour or so? The problem is that vanilla tools are extremely fragile so you also need to get the basic Tinker's Construct tables for better tools if you don't want to waste a ton of time replacing them.

Also I play on a whitelisted public server, if you want to join you have to write an application on their forum but they're not super strict and as long as you show some common sense you're fine. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise them on this forum but I can PM you the link to their website if you want to.
Spoiler: