What are you nerds playing?

Talk about video games here
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Re: What are you faggots playing?

Post by Incomptinence » #167875

Bottom post of the previous page:

Area protector covenents like rat and bell bros existed in DS1 and while they weren't sun bros or dickwraiths they still saw a fair bit of use.
Also a lot of the perception of DS2 protecting newbies was because both the invasion covenants were gravy lord level broken depending on cracked orb rewards from their arenas. Rats and bell bros if in the right memory range could still griff the shit out of people

Oh and stupid shit like brotherhood of blood needing 500 more wins than loses to reach top rank.

Then the dragon covenant just needed like 30 scales, that you could just get as drops with a bit of ascetic use (fuck that despawn mechanic too).

Blood borne and DS2 were just so sparse on interaction it was ridiculous I would much rather be occasionally killed than have a broken hug box.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #167878

It was worse before SotFS

You had to go through Belfry Luna if you wanted to make the Sinner fight easier, to get the key to unlock the doors to light up the arena

Bellfags had a field day griffing the shit out of newbies because there's like, a 10 second delay on new grey phantom spawns so it was almost always a gank on the guy trying to get through
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167916

I think that SOULS POLICE NOBODY MOVE is a really cool idea but thier net code really needs some work to make it viable. Even in bloodborne finding matches takes so goddamn long that being matched with an invader is a goddamn miracle, but then being matched with another player to stop them in the time between the invader spawning and the invader killing you is nigh impossible
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #167936

[this isn't the fucking water cooler, maybe i really do need glasses]
Last edited by Malkevin on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #167940

Ah the old prison-issue specials. Nice choice.
Incomptinence wrote:Area protector covenents like rat and bell bros existed in DS1 and while they weren't sun bros or dickwraiths they still saw a fair bit of use.

I assume you're talking about gravelords? I've never gotten a secondhand report from anybody that they ever worked with any kind of frequency. They were my out-of-the-box first choice for covenant because Nito was the coolest. I don't know that I ever actually spawned phantoms in anyone else's worlds, and talking to other people who also tried to use it, I don't know that anyone ever actually made their invasion mechanic fire.

ANYWHO

In terms of Covenants for DS3 I really like DAT PURPLE Mound-Maker for flavor, but their actual gameplay and rewards aren't all that interesting. I wish that their summon sign would stay the color of the stone they used to place it down, so they would be a lot sneakier (YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SUMMONING A PHANTOM, BUT IT WAS ME DIO) instead of just giving the host the option of ignoring the giant purple flag on the ground.

There's also no incentive for them to actually help out, so they end up being just a weird gimped Dark Wraith. They only get covenant rewards for killing the host and his accompanying players.

Will probably wind up going Dick Wraith again.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #167978

the more I play Enter the Gungeon the more I start to think it's no a roguelite at all. it's a fucking masochism simulator because you get fucked by literally everything in this fucking shithole. Like the game doesn't even give you a fucking break. In Isaac you know your run isn't gonna turn out good if you're on like depths 1/2 before mom and you're doing shit damage; in fucking enter the gungeon if you don't find a good gun in your first chest you're pretty much fucked to begin with. Not to mention that bythe time you even possibly FIND your first chest you'd already have beaten mom in isassc; don't even talk about if both of your god damn fucking first floor chests are both mimics (SPOILER IT HAPPENED TO ME9. I want to love this game but damn it's a sinkhole of time, not like I use my time very well to fucking begin with but it's really pissing me off that you invest 20-30 minutes in this game to barely beat the first floor and as far as I've seen there isn't a way to pause your run and come back to it later other than leaving it running.

I keep playing it for some unfathomable reason to me
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #167989

An0n3 wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Area protector covenents like rat and bell bros existed in DS1 and while they weren't sun bros or dickwraiths they still saw a fair bit of use.

I assume you're talking about gravelords?
Darkmoon had a ring for free access to the dark anor londo mosh pit and forest warriors who served a cat and were basically old bell bros.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167991

An0n3 wrote:Ah the old prison-issue specials. Nice choice.

I assume you're talking about gravelords? I've never gotten a secondhand report from anybody that they ever worked with any kind of frequency. They were my out-of-the-box first choice for covenant because Nito was the coolest. I don't know that I ever actually spawned phantoms in anyone else's worlds, and talking to other people who also tried to use it, I don't know that anyone ever actually made their invasion mechanic fire.

ANYWHO

In terms of Covenants for DS3 I really like DAT PURPLE Mound-Maker for flavor, but their actual gameplay and rewards aren't all that interesting. I wish that their summon sign would stay the color of the stone they used to place it down, so they would be a lot sneakier (YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE SUMMONING A PHANTOM, BUT IT WAS ME DIO) instead of just giving the host the option of ignoring the giant purple flag on the ground.

There's also no incentive for them to actually help out, so they end up being just a weird gimped Dark Wraith. They only get covenant rewards for killing the host and his accompanying players.

Will probably wind up going Dick Wraith again.
I think he was talking about the forest covenant, which was one of the best spots for PvP action
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #168006

Ah right, it's been so long I forgot about the Forest Dicks. I made the mistake of not knowing what the fuck the cat wanted from me the first time I played, said no, and then never got access to that covenant again.

Still grinding though DS2. I stomped through the whole Sunken King DLC. Made decent time. Neat area layout. Lots of random shit I'm not going to bother platforming to get. 3v1 asshole grudge match at the end of the Grave are wasn't cool but I cheesed it out with a ton of backstabs. Sinh was also kind of a huge piece of shit as well. Suddenly making one enemy in the game that breaks your weapons for hitting him...when you need to hit him with weapons to kill him. 10/10 design good fucking job guys. I just cheesed him out as well, hired a bunch of dumbass NPC phantoms and let my pokemon kick his ass in a retard vs retard grudge match.

Back to Brume and the Iron King DLC. Fuck me I hope whoever designed all these DLC's got shitcanned. These are all so terrible.

Like, I went and backtracked to the Gulch to do something and I was admiring how much better it was.
Even the Gulch is better than this shit.

EDIT: Double-checked. Tanimura is on the team for DS3, but not in a directorial capacity.

THANK FUCKING GOD

DOUBLE EDIT: There are people who consider the DS2 DLC's the high-point of the franchise holy shit. Fucking kill yourselves.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168023

I played through the DLC's (except for INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS King, which I hated) with a couple of buds in a Skype call and we summoned each other, that was pretty fun so I enjoyed them. Personally I thought the level design was really interesting and a nice break from the usual DS2 design
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #168064

Iron King is a shitfest but I at least have to give it some credit for the verticality of it. Progressing downwards through a tower level by level is neat.

I've unfortunately leveled into the range of the MLG PRO ZONE and am now constantly getting invaded while trying to finish up the last bit of INTERNAL DISCUSSIONS King. My build is really, really shit for PVP (goofing off with Flynn's Ring, wearing the LLerwyn set for fashion) and I've been getting my ass punted all over the place by weirdos in midriffs casting giant swords, or havels two-fisting giant clubs.

Nobody even waves or says hi, it's just straight to the murders.

The few times I've tried to invade during this playthrough have been disconnects.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #168070

I like using multiplayer connect mods and then setting myself to a channel that no one goes to. of course I could go offline but that's too easy
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #168071

I was completely hollowed and still getting invaded. Fuck.

Probably wont play DS2 again with DS3 so close. Oh well. Almost got there.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168229

Been cranking through the Bloodbourne DLC before i get DS3 and i finally made it to the first boss. Massive spoilers ahead
Spoiler:
I have been playing this game more or less blind, and this boss really fucking blindsided me. All throughout the game you read item descriptions and other stuff about how Ludwig was a badass hunter dude who founded the healing church, made cool weapons out of silver and was all around a swell dude. I even used the Ludwig Holy Blade for the entirety of the game. Never hear much more about him, just imagined that he faded into legend or something.

Cue the old hunters DLC. Imagine my fucking surprise when the hero of old i had been emulating had apparently turned into a fucking gigantic human/horse hybrid monstrosity that fires white hot magical cosmos jizz out of its horse head. About halfway through the fight he seems to regain a little bit of his sanity, enough that he starts trying to kill you with his fucking evil cosmos sword and talks a little. After the fight (which was fucking impossible by the way, mad props to ogrespike and DarkNight99) you can talk to his dismembered horse head which kind of explains that in a moment of duress he took the cosmos sword and went crazy/beasty from having a chat with cosmic moon entities. I think. Then it just starts half whinny half screaming until you finally end its misery and get the sword for yourself.

This was one of the saddest/grossest part of the game so far for me. Pretty much the epitome of never meet your heroes, they might puke cosmic horse semen at you. Literally everything in Yarnam has turned to shit, including the myths and legends. Rest in peace sweet horse, we will remember you for the man you were, not the horse that you became.

Seriously though this game is fucking fantastic, it is hard to elicit that kind of emotion from a story told primarily through item descriptions. Cant wait to play DS3
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #168283

>evil cosmos sword

Bro come on. The Moonlight Greatsword is fucking awesome. I was cutting enemy robots in half with that shit back in Armored Core on the PSX. It had a special move where you could dash while slashing with it and it would fire the beam slash at things. Still going strong after all these years.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168287

I'm not saying it's not good, in fact I am probably going to start using it. I am just saying that if the horrid cosmic eldritch knowledge and power it contains was able to turn the holiest badass hunter in all the land into a disgusting face-jizzing horse monster that sleeps on a pile of mostly-but-not-quite-dead blended together people it might just be a tiny bit evil
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #168382

It makes total sense that it drives people fucking crazy in Bloodborne. It's a sword made out of crystalized moonlight. In BloodBorne, the moon is where all the crazy shit comes from.

It's got a lot of really cool lore and history stuff behind it. There's not a lot of fluff for it in the Armored Core games, but if you follow it's history down through King's Field, into DeS, and then DaS, it's pretty cool.

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168383

I am just stoked because it has the heavier hitting power of Ludwigs holy blade transformed, but i can still use my torch or gun. Also i just found IRON PUNCH FIST left handed weapon and am excited to knock some people the fuck out
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168841

Abandoned moonlight greatsword because it scales mainly off arcane and as such is not capable of the same ass kicking as my Ludwigs baller swag sword. I am now in what seems to be YET ANOTHER nightmarish alteranate reality of the Bergynwerth academy research hall, only this one is massively verticle and full of these horrible tortured experiments that have bloated heads and attack in a frenzied rush. This area is a real motherfucker to battle through since there is so damn many of them, and i have yet to unlock a shortcut here. Really atmospheric and spooky though, especially since there are a bunch of experiment dudes who are not hostile and kinda just whine on about some lady named Maria. Hell, one of them is just a bloated head.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #168880

Taking a look at Machinecraft because it's a Jap game that lets you build robots, so this can only be good.

Initially overwhelmed, I am going to work on conquering these curious complexities. If only there were any English tutorial videos.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #168911

DemonFiren wrote:Taking a look at Machinecraft because it's a Jap game that lets you build robots, so this can only be good.

Initially overwhelmed, I am going to work on conquering these curious complexities. If only there were any English tutorial videos.
saw "machinecraft"
watched this video
[youtube]ur2ANNDLoMQ[/youtube]

instantly downloaded
am playing it right now

english manual here

http://hrpbk2.wix.com/machinecraft-e++

edit:
Spoiler:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #168919

Just played a bit of the Doom multi beta...

The consolification is strong with this turd nugget.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #168920

2 hours later

only built a shitty looking pixel art of napstablook that can't even turn left or right
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #169006

TheWiznard wrote:2 hours later

only built a shitty looking pixel art of napstablook that can't even turn left or right
It probably can turn.
It's just really not feeling up to it right now, sorry.

That link of yours looks busted, by the way.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #169061

Wot wot factorio is a best seller in the strategy category on steam? It has a 98% approval rating? Man I knew it was innovative and good and pretty much the crystal meth of sperg but that's glowing.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #169093

Finally got around to playing Xenonauts. Currently in month 2. I was on a roll for a bit with 5 consecutive successful missions with no x-com or civilian casualties but then
> doing a mission in the middle east
> find some towel head with an AK in a fight with an alien. Start moving a couple of guys up to assist the dude.
> alien's turn.
> my shotgunner gets a snap shot off at the alien
> ... While the guy is standing right between him and the alien
> guy takes the shot full force, every pellet nails him perfectly, killing him instantly
> Get cocky while stacking up to breach UFO
> Alien's turn, UFO's door swings open, three aliens with plasma rifles standing side by side start unloading on my guys
> lose three guys trying to take the fucking thing

Should probably just have my assault guys carry C4 in the future for breaching UFOs I guess.

also
Spoiler:
The pulse lasers for tanks are a lot better than I thought they'd be.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #169629

replaying halo 2 when
[youtube]2O9K7E3lDRU[/youtube]
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169631

I literally just replayed it like 2 weeks ago. The Arbiter is a far more compelling character than master chief, and that brute massacre revenge level is a masterpiece. White elite with the mangled face gets an honorable mention for being hard as fuck too. What a good game. I was so sad when the multiplayer servers went down
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #169875

Holy fucking shit, Finally beat the goddamn Living Failures boss in the Bloodborne DLC. Ended up sinking nearly 30 insight worth of bolt papers over my many attempts. I co-oped with 3 people to help them beat it, but then when it is time for me to beat the fuckers in my world i can not get a single summon even after a collective 40 minutes of waiting between frustrated solo attempts. God damn though was it gratifying when i finally won
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #170808

Spoiler:
Is there anything more satisfying in an X-Com style game than starting a ground mission and immediately being greeted by this?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #170876

Can you roadkill that filthy xenoscum?

Anyway, Deadbolt for me. Hoo boy.
Still can't get 5-star ratings on everything - don't know how it calculates those - and I refuse to progress to the next mission till I've aced the current one.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #170939

Jacough wrote:Is there anything more satisfying in an X-Com style game than starting a ground mission and immediately being greeted by this?
Having a soldier actually hit the target for once?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #170948

Xenonauts have better aim than a storm trooper.

But so do the aliens...
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #170957

Sent in refund requests for old shitty games I bought years ago so I'm probably gonna buy Enter the Gungeon with the money from that assuming they're granted.
Still probably gonna buy it anyways even if they aren't, but I have to admit that Steam is a much better platform now that refunds are a thing.

How long does it usually take for these things to get processed anyways

Edit : Also in other news the hype is real for when Starbound finally releases. Holding off until then, hope it'll be worth it.

Edit 2 : rip none of my refunds went through, guess I'm stuck with a bunch of shitty games I literally can't play
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170983

So after some minor sadness at being unable to get refunds I've decided to install FTL : Captain's Edition
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #170986

Holy fuck captain's edition is so cool
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Jacough

Post by Jacough » #171045

K-64 wrote:
Jacough wrote:Is there anything more satisfying in an X-Com style game than starting a ground mission and immediately being greeted by this?
Having a soldier actually hit the target for once?
Yep
Spoiler:
And hard too. Vehicles in Xenonauts are a lot more useful than in the original X-Com, though when they miss it can sometimes be horrible.

> Got four soldiers lined up against a wall in front of my tank firing at a xeno on the second floor of a nearby building
> Order my tank to fire up at the alien
> Shot hits the ground, two tiles right in front of my soldiers
> Two soldiers instagibbed, one killed
> Last guy seriously wounded and bleeding, drops his rifle and runs away
> Tank itself is down to 45/100 hp

This was after I had reloaded the mission like a save scumming faggot after my tank had fired a shot that missed an alien completely, gone through a window, and hit a civilian right in the fucking face, gibbing him. My jaw dropped both times it happened.
Can you roadkill that filthy xenoscum?
I wish
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #171053

Wait is xenonaughts like original xcom but less garbage ui? I gotta check this out
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #171057

Wyzack wrote:Wait is xenonaughts like original xcom but less garbage ui? I gotta check this out
So far it feels like an improved version of X-Com. Only problems I've had with it are kind of minor like weapon magazines being too small (LMGs can only fire three bursts before they need to be reloaded and non ballistic rifles only hold 12 rounds). I'm guessing its to balance out burst fire since burst fire has a high chance of suppressing enemies but still, kind of annoying. Also I don't know why but they kind of threw a bit of XCom EU/EW's hit/miss system in which seems kind of tacky paired with the standard X-Com combat formula

Also
Spoiler:
Map gen fucked me over by putting a rock right in front of my ship's ramp so the tank can't get out
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #171059

Xenonauts is really fun. I should start playing it again once I finish with XCOM 2. Highly recommend it.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #171106

LMGs are a bit useless anyway, by the time you've got them in position and they've got enough TCs to actually fire you're probably already advancing your line.
Atleast rocketmen can open up doors.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171112

Azari, SAC, and myself played a bit of Payday 2 again last night. Good times. Hauling goats and jumping out of airplanes while talking about diarrhea in the workplace.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #171195

EndgamerAzari wrote:Xenonauts is really fun. I should start playing it again once I finish with XCOM 2. Highly recommend it.
I'm actually planning on grabbing XCOM 2 once my tax returns come in. The wait is fucking killing me.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #171244

Gungeon is cucking me hard, and yet I keep coming back. Also my Teleglitch experience did transfer over some, I've managed to get to the end of the fourth floor before the Kill Pillars atomized me.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171285

Downloaded the Station Job mod for FTL, you're basically in a space station and sell stuff and kill ships who try and pick fights with you. It's not very balanced, the only stations that are good are the Federation 1 and some of the rebel ones, the rest suck shit. Especially the Asteroid Base and the Federation Pirate Station, even though they have interesting shit to them they just aren't up to scratch.

I also managed to beat the flagship as Federation C in FTL : Captain's Edition. At the end I had a Vulcan and a bunch of super op fire beam things that pierce all shields like missiles so the Vulcan mulched the missiles while the fire beams killed the Medbay and Oxygen. My crew also killed the two cut-off side guns in the 1st and second stages, and the 2nd stage in particular was fucking rough. I was at about 5 hull points when I killed the flagship but there was a few repair bases around me so it worked out.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #171296

Finally got that fucking Artillery Barrage achievement thank fuck.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #171314

Bit of sots on max map size as hivers. Yeah I get bored after a while and start again.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #171316

Been playing a lot of GTA:V recently. Finely completed all the heists with a bunch of friends. So I guess my reason to play as kinda dropped (I absolutely SUCK at races).

I wish I had more time for ARMA, but it saps away what little freetime I have away, specially when most people I played that with are up late on US times and I just can't stay up that late with my new job.

Back to basil it is then!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #171333

Endgamer "Dreamy meme machine" Azari has struck again, and given me his spare key for xenonaughts. I had no idea it was going to be this similar to Xcom UFO defence, but i am really loving it so far. No idea what i am doing though, I am afraid everyone is gonna get pissed and drop funding because i only have one operation base is europe. Making a second in North America but it takes time. Finally researched some better armor so hopefully i will stop getting GGNORE oneshotted by aliums. I also have one Canadian lady who got promoted to lieutenant by running right up to aliens (usually the noncombatant ones) and blowing them to pieces with her shotgun
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #171402

Spoiler:
Starsector is pretty cool.

I dunno if its $15 cool yet, apparently its been in development for a few years now and its still pretty bare as far as vanilla goes.
Luckily its got a fairly active mod community, and its Java so that makes it really easy.

It's like Asteroids, except with a hell of a lot more gun. Also feels sort of Mount & Blade what with building up a large fleet to send into battle with other large faction fleets. Once you get to big ass battlecruisers and capital ships, a lot of shit dies before it even makes it onto your screen if you load yourself up with point defense turrets and lasers.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #171432

The thing that I really enjoy about Starsector is that the AI is actually smart rather than getting bullshit buffs to stats or whatever. About the whole capital ship thing, at least back when I played a year or so ago, I found it far easier to get a Medusa or a few and go about that way, blinking about the fucks and slamming their faces with antimatter.