Pokemon GO

Talk about video games here
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Re: Pokemon GO

Post by srifenbyxp » #197134

Bottom post of the previous page:

[youtube]nvCZNEsld54[/youtube]
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #197238

my new phone arrived so naturally i went ahead and installed this video game
i was introduced by Professor Daddy and then i caught a squirtle because i super don't give a shit
the tutorial then told me to go to a pokestop
i looked around and found exactly no pokestops
i looked on an Online Map and the nearest one is five miles away
the app is now uninstalled
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #197329

I thought this game was targeted at kids, but kids don't drive and sure as hell I hope that their parents aren't supposed to drive them off to a pokestop or pokegym or whatever 20 miles away. Yes, kids do ride bikes but even then, I tried that online map too and the nearest pokemon was still too far to be reached inside the 10-minute countdown even if you were riding a bike at top biking speed in a straight line.

I'm afraid that this app will end up making millenials use their car even more and contribute to pollution and energy waste, so much for the "green generation"
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #197335

Green?

Conceived by whale eaters, developed in a country where half the population thinks a late winter means things are still cold and played on phones made in the world's industrial septic tank.

All that added up I am surprised it doesn't require you to use cut in reality.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #197340

what kind of fucking backwater towns do you hicks all live in that you don't have pokestops nearby

there are several in my nowheresville, and one of them is right outside my house
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #197362

I live on a military base in the middle of the Mojave
Inb4 Nuclear Winter

There is a single pokestop on post

Also, it took a fucking digg thread to tell me, but wild pokemon don't appear on military bases
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197371

Can't catch more cos your bunker's on lockdown, Hardin?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #197689

I had the most brilliant marketing idea for this game and i am amazed it has not been done yet.

Make certain pokemon Safari Zone only, just like in the games. Then make it so that businesses with a large enough sized property can pay Nintendo money to rent a safari zone license. Nintendo makes cash, businesses get to capitalize further on the pokemans hype train, and they readd a nostalgic feature from the original games. Nintendo you can mail m gigantic royalty cheques directly to my house please
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197764

BRB, stealing your idea and mailing Ninty now.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #197768

Closest pokestop&gym is 30/35min walk from my house. Then the next is another 30mins. I live in buttfuck nowhere.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.