Talk about video games here
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Post games only you played itt

Post by MrStonedOne » #195887

Bottom post of the previous page:

Jumping backwards is nub material. Now it's all about that strafe jump. Gotta have them moves.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #195896

[youtube]CnJjRbu34vg[/youtube]

Hogs of War on the playstation
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #195903

oranges wrote:Hogs of War on the playstation
I could probably beat that with Future Cop LAPD on the PC, but eh.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #195907

always been deeply interested in ns2.

shame my connection is so shit
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #195909

Its so unknown and old even I forgot the name and cant find it anymore. Its like 12 years old or even more. Only name i remember of it was the icon i had on the desktop that was something like station login pad or login station pad or something.

All of these were topdown.
Was like a hub with games with like a marine vs alien 2.5d game.
A 2.5d marine va marine game with like minerals and turrets and pulse guns that bounced.
Then had a 2d spaceship game you could mine asteroids and build up your teams base.
Then a 2d spaceman on bike soccer game.

Loved the fuck outta it. Never heard anyone talk about it ever since.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #196064

Alipheese wrote:Its so unknown and old even I forgot the name and cant find it anymore. Its like 12 years old or even more. Only name i remember of it was the icon i had on the desktop that was something like station login pad or login station pad or something.

All of these were topdown.
Was like a hub with games with like a marine vs alien 2.5d game.
A 2.5d marine va marine game with like minerals and turrets and pulse guns that bounced.
Then had a 2d spaceship game you could mine asteroids and build up your teams base.
Then a 2d spaceman on bike soccer game.

Loved the fuck outta it. Never heard anyone talk about it ever since.

I remember playing that too. It was part of the Sony Station of online games and it was called Infantry.

Now you can play it standalone I think.

http://www.freeinfantry.com/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #196070

I'm looking for this old Gameboy game where you drove a tank with eyes around and shot at other tanks with eyes. It was for the really old Gameboy, the one that could only display gray tones. I can't remember the name and it has driven me insane for years.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #196071

Anyone else ever play Metal Walker on the Gameboy? It had a weird sorta Pokemon style thing going on where you could upgrade/mutate your little tank-robot partner, and the combat was like a sort of pinball game where you bounced your Walker around the arena trying to smash the other. The translation was kinda ass, but man if that game wasn't innovative and weird.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #196073

Wyzack wrote:I think you can play Blood on doom 2 source ports like ZDoom
There's one but since Blood runs on the build engine there's all sorts of shit in it that the Doom engine can't handle so there's a lot of shit missing. IIRC it was before DECORATE weapons were really a thing too so it relies on dehacked a lot too.

Also anyone else played 7.62? It's kind of a shit game but holy fuck the amount of depth in inventory management is amazing. For example, you don't just have magazines full of ammo. You've got empty magazines that need to be loaded with ammo. But wait, those individual rounds take up so much space in your inventory! That's where ammo boxes come in. They're more compact and don't take up as much space. You start the game with nothing but regular clothes so naturally, you can't hold much gear. You can fit a small pistol in one pocket, sling an extra long gun over your shoulder, and maybe put a box of ammo or some mags in your other pocket. If you want to carry more than that though you need to buy shit like belts with ammo pouches, backpacks, vests, and some sort of vehicle to store extra gear in. You can't just drive that truck around forever though. Whens the last time you ever saw a truck that has infinite fuel? You actually need to fuel up your truck as well.

I really want to see more games with this ridiculous level of detail when it comes to inventories
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196085

Ricotez wrote:I'm looking for this old Gameboy game where you drove a tank with eyes around and shot at other tanks with eyes. It was for the really old Gameboy, the one that could only display gray tones. I can't remember the name and it has driven me insane for years.
Trax or Go go Tank.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196086

Jacough wrote:
Wyzack wrote:I think you can play Blood on doom 2 source ports like ZDoom
snip

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has that level of inventory management. There's a thread about it on the forums.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #196168

An0n3 wrote:
Alipheese wrote:snip.

I remember playing that too. It was part of the Sony Station of online games and it was called Infantry.

Now you can play it standalone I think.

http://www.freeinfantry.com/
Holy shit. Havent been able to find it for a good 3 years, wow. The Nostalgia right now. Thanks.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #196173

I used to play it quite a bit as infiltrator in high school. Being able to cloak, run up on people, and then either unload on them with my energy SMG or slash them apart with the sword was rad. Didn't get many caps that way (turret spam on points meant it was impossible to sneak that shit). I had a really in-depth energy setup for balancing my cloak, sensor package, and health regen depending on the situation I was in. I remember it was really cool having to constantly manage these sub systems to keep my energy stable while trying to infiltrate enemy territory without getting shanked by other cloaked dudes or stepping on mines or getting spotted, sniped, run over by a dude on a surfboard, etc.

Fun game.

I made my player icon a little katana with two shuriken on it and people were constantly asking me where I got it and how to download it, but it was just some pixel art I drew.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196191

Seems like I'll be getting this shit now.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
churchgrimm
Byond Username: ChurchGrimm

Post by churchgrimm » #197021

Noctis.
henk hornk
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #197052

Aaaand you're wrong.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #197140

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.