EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: EDF! EDF! EDF! EDF!

Post by Timbrewolf » #198550

Bottom post of the previous page:

Yeah it's actually pretty difficult. Those ants will fuck you up if they can grab you and the game doesn't shy away from throwing more guys than you think you'll ever be able to handle at once.

The game is not just effortlessly mowing down hordes of bugs like cookie clicker or some shit.

You gotta WORK.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #198556

Managed to get the giant mecha which is... actually complete shit. The punches are useless against most insects since its too tall to reach them and the stomp takes forever to wind up. Also its slow as fuck. Slow to turn, slow to move, even slow to deploy
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #198557

Yeah the Balam is actually really bad outside of missions designed around it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #198763

Just unlocked the fire BM03 mech. So far it's easily my favorite mech so far. Speed's pretty damn good for a mech and the flame throwers cut throw ants like swiss cheese and is perfect for fire puns like
"HEY EVERYONE EDF IS HAVING A FIRE SALE! ALL ALIENS MUST GO!"
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199285

We're playing tonight! Get on that discord for voice communication. The in-game voice is kinda shit.

https://discord.gg/P7Djn

EDIT: Oh shiz that happened quickly. Wyzack, Galv, and myself need one more for BUGS
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #199299

An0n3 wrote:We're playing tonight! Get on that discord for voice communication. The in-game voice is kinda shit.

https://discord.gg/P7Djn

EDIT: Oh shiz that happened quickly. Wyzack, Galv, and myself need one more for BUGS
Now you're making me wish I had a legit copy of the game.
Also
> mission where you fight hundreds of red ants on a beach
> rolling air raider with BMO3 FW
> charge up to meet giant horde of ants, canister cannons blazing
> unleash the fires of hell upon them
> ants dropping by the dozens before my flamethrowers
> barely even scratched as I wade through the corpses roasting bugs left and right

It's official, fire BM is the best mech
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199300

Might be closer to 8 30 or 9 lads
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199308

Cheridan is our fourth bug stomper.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #199371

no, don't, he's going to steal all your fun!
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #199403

Got to the level where I have to take down the mothership (after inferno mission). Am I actually supposed to kill it? Once I destroy that vent shit it just starts spewing out a trillion green lasers and then unleashes instakill laser cannons. How the fuck do they expect you to kill it?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199485

Check out this swag

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #199486

God damn i cannot believe we beat that fucking ambush level last night. Also the apartment building sized mech was amazingly badass, even if it did kinda just bully the sheildgen around and then explode
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #199489

There is so much gameplay variety here it's pretty ridiculous. The hive missions end up like Space Hulk-esque corridor shooters where you need to mass a ton of firepower into chokepoints. Cheridan and I played on a gigantic map where you were hunting down Hexers, so we both called in attack helicopter drops and now we're flying around Strike style just blowing shit up.

...and then you find ridiculous weapons like a fistful of firecrackers or a motorcycle with a sidecar that can't stop turning to the left. A grenade launcher that just fires 20 grenades out in random directions at once and then everyone has to run away before they go off.

This game is nuts, in the best way.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Jacough

Post by Jacough » #199584

An0n3 wrote:There is so much gameplay variety here it's pretty ridiculous. The hive missions end up like Space Hulk-esque corridor shooters where you need to mass a ton of firepower into chokepoints. Cheridan and I played on a gigantic map where you were hunting down Hexers, so we both called in attack helicopter drops and now we're flying around Strike style just blowing shit up.

...and then you find ridiculous weapons like a fistful of firecrackers or a motorcycle with a sidecar that can't stop turning to the left. A grenade launcher that just fires 20 grenades out in random directions at once and then everyone has to run away before they go off.

This game is nuts, in the best way.
Hive missions are the best mission for the Limpet Splendors. For one thing they bounce around a lot more in the tight corridors so you don't have a shit ton of fragments flying uselessly into the air. It also looks like a fireworks show which is cool as hell. In the second stage of the queen hive missions I was using the splendor that has 30 rounds and just barely managed to avoid getting utterly raped by the hundreds of ants after being tossed around a couple of times and managed to kill off most of them by making my way into a small tunnel and firing 15 rounds down one way then 15 down the other and detonating them again and again. It was beautiful.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #199585

I should get this. I just need to budget drive space for it. You'll have to forgive the xcom slang however.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #204362

Got this game a week ago. If I join one more lobby with three wing divers in it imma gonna chase them around with flame throwers.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #208994

Acquired the game. I've been using the Wing Diver. I've got 415 armor on her, and have been using the Laser Lance X and the Mirage 15S. Other favorites are the Eclat 30, EX plasma launcher, and Idunn series (though I have yet to get a high-end Idunn weapon). A shame that all the magical girl superweapons are pretty crap.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #209014

There's one grenade you get that you hurl, that then hovers in midair over an area and just showers a fuckton of lasers down at everything below it. Actually pretty decent.

Granted just having one of your fuck huge plasma AOE weapons is probably more efficient but the grenade thing is fun.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #209202

An0n3 wrote:There's one grenade you get that you hurl, that then hovers in midair over an area and just showers a fuckton of lasers down at everything below it. Actually pretty decent.

Granted just having one of your fuck huge plasma AOE weapons is probably more efficient but the grenade thing is fun.
The Psi Cluster Alpha and Pandora Alpha both work mostly like that.

The plasma weapons are cool, but energy-inefficient and potentially devastating to teammates.

Found a Mirage 15S and it kicks ass.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #209213

An0n3 wrote:There's one grenade you get that you hurl, that then hovers in midair over an area and just showers a fuckton of lasers down at everything below it. Actually pretty decent.

Okay. So a Fractal Grenade. SHould I start juggybombing again too?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #209639

Well I didn't go in expecting much but the ending is hilarously abrupt with the final 15-2 missions being angst over the radio of the impossible situation as you keep fucking up the aliums and bugs.

That said the final beach mission was fucking amazing with the Argo being a giant robot and bombing the shore as it and a couple dozen Hectors approach.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #209709

Found an easy level to farm split screen. #69 iirc, if you have 2 people with good sniper weapons (me and a friend did it with the stringer j2 and the green lsr) you can easily take out all the roys. One of them doesn't move until it gets hit, so you then just run around grabbing boxes