Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Undertale (97 Metacritic Score)

Post by Steelpoint » #122694

Well that was definitely amusing.
Spoiler:
I enjoyed how it broke the meta, addressing the fact (to a extent) that I have the ability to reset and control the game, and taking that power away from me.
It seems the 'Knight' became the new ruler, seems to still dislike Humans ever after I helped her.
Spoiler:
I decided to spare the Flower, simply because I thought showing some kindness to a creature so filled with hate might show it mercy it has never, or never, given or received. I like how that's turned around and the Flower demands I replay my entire adventure without killing anyone. Unless the game becomes significantly harder I guess I can get away with that considering I did it in the first place.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #122695

Considering the ending is entirely different yeah do it. The game is designed for multiple playthroughs: It is impossible get the true ending the first time around.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #122703

Well this second time I'm going to be more careful in exploration, I think I may have missed a few friendinging opportunities and what not.

Just hope the game does not ask me to backtrack forever.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #122734

If you accidentally hit attack just let it go all the way though the eye without pressing again and it will miss. It is a bad idea to hit monsters as a pacifist because some of the silly blighters have low hp or negative defense.
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #122786

Ikarrus wrote:Considering the ending is entirely different yeah do it. The game is designed for multiple playthroughs: It is impossible get the true ending the first time around.
really? what is the true ending?

...i've only played the game once through
Ikarrus

Re: Undertale

Post by Ikarrus » #122792

You'll know you got the true ending when you get the SPECIAL THANKS credits.
Spoiler:
The true ending is locked until you have defeated ASGORE at least once.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #122799

Yes hello I am late to this party

All the characters and all the writing is sogood. I've been trying hard to avoid spoilers but I like to read youtube comments so I'm not as spoilerfree as I would like to be.

The music is so fucking good too. Dogsong is great, and I thought Bonetrousle would be my favorite song of the game until I slapped up against fucking Metal Crusher. The way Bonetrousle picks the fuck up after the big thing in that fight is just like 'oh shit' but the animation and the talky-sounds for the two characters in the initial fight Metal Crusher plays in is just like so fucking good.

I don't know what the fuck it is about them but I reeeally like the talky-sound-shit Mettatron and Dr. Alphys have. I also like the Temmie's, it makes me smile like an idiot, even though it's just dumb dialogue noise.

Unless something happens later on, I'm really sad I'm not getting any more of Goatmom. Her theme and the atmosphere of her battle are really fucking good, and I inexplicably felt myself tearing up when I was watching some LP just because of Toriel's super saccharine dialogue + dat theme.

Also Temmie village is fucking amazing.

I'm dealing with a certain spider right now, but I was watching -some other- LP and realized that 1) Undyne has a house and 2) Papyrus was actually fucking serious about going to visit, so I guess I'm backtracking to do that instead.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #122817

Well I finished my second run through.

Difference here is that while I did technically get the..
Spoiler:
..pacifist ending, as acknowledged by our friend the Flower, its just that I still ended up fighting and defeating the King, except he commits suicide.

Upon examination, mainly from the Flower, it seems I only befriended Papyrus and Undyne, yet I did not befriend Alphys. I must have missed that opportunity as it was never presented to me, perhaps I need to be on a better look out.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122818

To get the actual pacifist ending in a pacifist run rather than just the neutral ending modified for no killing, this has to happen:
Spoiler:
You need to get a call from Undyne in which she asks you to come to Papyrus' house. That starts the sidequest that lets you befriend Alphys. After that there's a second sidequest that starts after you get a call from Papyrus (which he should give you almost as soon as you finish the first sidequest), you have to finish that too to get the true pacifist ending.

Now I'm not entirely 100% about how to trigger Undyne's call. When I went to confront Asgore in my pacifist playthrough and got to the golden corridor, I did the obscure shit that lets you get the key to Sans' room, and then I started backtracking to Snowdin without seeing Asgore. As soon as I left the core, I got Undyne's call, without ever confronting Asgore in that particular playthrough. But I had defeated him and Flowey in my first playthrough, which was neutral. So I assume you just have to have defeated him in a past playthrough.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #122823

Hmmm.

I never did get any calls from either of them after the fact, I did personally return to the village and said hello to them but nothing of interest occurred.

Once I got past the robot stage I simply went straight up the core to the end.
Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #122826

Steelpoint wrote:Hmmm.

I never did get any calls from either of them after the fact, I did personally return to the village and said hello to them but nothing of interest occurred.

Once I got past the robot stage I simply went straight up the core to the end.
Yeah, you have to backtrack to the hotel once you get up to Asgore to trigger it. It kind of forces you to do that fight at least once because of that, but it's understandable considering the amount of work put into it.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #122831

Ah, I reloaded my save (I did not yet reset) and indeed a call was triggered when I backtracked to the hotel.

Not very intuitive, but nonetheless at least I can continue this path without having to replay the game all over again.
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #122844

The call triggers in that direction because it will only trigger if you have already beaten the game once, but expects you to simply reload your save from right at the end of the game and walk back towards where all the NPCs are, I think.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #122846

I know it's possible to get it on your very first playthrough IF you passed all the conditions for pacifist and you reload your save after getting the neutral ending, yeah.

But if you killed even a single monster you'll need to restart. And I killed a few here and there on my first playthrough.
Spoiler:
Mostly (not-so-)random encounter monsters, but also Toriel and Undyne.
Anyway I think I'll start a No Mercy playthrough soon, now that fuzzy warm feeling I got after the pacifist ending starts to subside. The pacifist route solves a few mysteries that the neutral ending leaves, but it also introduces a few new ones, and I have a strong feeling those will get solved in the No Mercy route.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #122860

Ikarrus wrote:You'll know you got the true ending when you get the SPECIAL THANKS credits.
Spoiler:
The true ending is locked until you have defeated ASGORE at least once.
oh. then i got the true ending

that fakeout though
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122900

just in case you guys haven't seen this yet: http://www.terribleideas.org/gettemmoney/
i love this game
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #122971

so i just beat the game...
Spoiler:
...on a pacifist run, got both the standard and pacifist endings on the same save
now i want to restart so i can do genocide so i can fight sans and stuff but the flower guy pops up and begs me not to do it and now i'm heartbroken and can't bring myself to hit restart but i also really want to
this game is too hard i wanna go home
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #123113

PKPenguin321 wrote:so i just beat the game...
Spoiler:
...on a pacifist run, got both the standard and pacifist endings on the same save
now i want to restart so i can do genocide so i can fight sans and stuff but the flower guy pops up and begs me not to do it and now i'm heartbroken and can't bring myself to hit restart but i also really want to
Spoiler:
There's the completionist in me that wants to try and go for the genocide run.

And then, there's my conscience. I don't want to this. And I can't. I'll probably break getting past Toriel. And if not that, Pap'

...We'll leave this one as a happy ending.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #123118

Just watch a vid on youtube
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #123708

Laharl Monthy wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:so i just beat the game...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
There's the completionist in me that wants to try and go for the genocide run.

And then, there's my conscience. I don't want to this. And I can't. I'll probably break getting past Toriel. And if not that, Pap'

...We'll leave this one as a happy ending.
I just went ahead and restarted without a second thought....
Well, I kinda want to get praised by Sans again, learn to cook again with Undyne, or see the true ending once more.
Killing? Who would in their right mind kill Papyrus?
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #123711

I reset after the golden ending just for the Undyne/Sans fight.

Sans was MUCH MUCH easier than I thought he'd be. Undyne was a lot harder than I thought she'd be.

Both the fights were really great.
lol
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #123798

I converted Hopes and Dreams to an actual MIDI. Download for the MIDI is in the Youtube description.

[youtube]gpUncb-e5dU[/youtube]

I also used an Earthbound soundfont on it and got this.

[youtube]gJwKVonAKls[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #123803

I just can't beat
Spoiler:
Sans
I know exactly how to do the fight I just keep executing it wrong.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #123814

An0n3 your waifu got defiled.

[youtube]vLu3OPY69Zg[/youtube]
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #123870

[youtube]nsv4MUWYumM[/youtube]
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #123905

Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #124007

Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #124080

Ah, this is actually incredibly fitting.
Spoiler:
AND THEN FUCKING FLOWEY HAPPENED
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #124088

I'm doing a genocide run after doing the true pacifist run and it's fucking hilarious. Is there something wrong with me?
Aloraydrel wrote:I just can't beat
Spoiler:
Sans
I know exactly how to do the fight I just keep executing it wrong.
Did you not listen to the warning? You're gonna have a bad time.
Spoiler:
It's not just you, he cheats. Attacking mid-dialogue, while you're using the menu, no invincibility frames after you get hit, etc.
Last edited by Luke Cox on Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #124098

For me, the two moments I remember more fondly are the start of the boss fight against Undyne (Pacifist) because the moment she yelled "SCREW IT" I couldn't take it anymore and bought the game, and the second part of the true final boss, they did good in that part.

But it's amazing how the same game can change from something you could expect in a Disney film, to another where you are a terrible demon giving a bleak ending to creatures that deserved little to end like that (Other than not being humans, of course)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #124102

DrPillzRedux wrote:An0n3 your waifu got defiled.

[youtube]vLu3OPY69Zg[/youtube]
HAHAHAHAHAHAAA
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #124133

[youtube]xyBOGXSiRg8[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #124175

[youtube]atYKV0ad34U[/youtube]
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124273

Well made, shame of the grammatical errors.
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #124431

[youtube]IMNLy67ihY4[/youtube]

a correct post by pillz
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124441

Spoiler:
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #124464

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #124543

Laharl Monthy wrote:Image
YOU DID THIS TO ME.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #124547

ya'll are turning into one of those fanbases that i feel bad for being in
anyways

Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #124553

It was contaminated from the get-go since Toby Fox already had a following from Homestuck.

And Homestuck ruins everything.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124559

I don't really understand what happened to make homestuck so awful but it makes me sad because problem sleuth is one of the great masterpieces of our time
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Danowar

Post by Danowar » #124562

To be honest, I really enjoyed Homestuck when it first debuted. Once Hussie stopped taking suggestions from his audience and introduced the Trolls was when it all went downhill. And yeah, Problem Sleuth was incredible. It's a damn shame your average Homestuck fan doesn't even know it exists.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #124567

Wait they stopped taking suggestions? Isn't that the whole point? After problem sleuth ended I read the first little bit of homestuck, got bored and stopped
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Danowar

Post by Danowar » #124570

Yeah. After that happened, narration took a nose dive and it was mostly replaced with miles and miles of chatlogs instead. Shifting through that garbage, especially the Troll ones, was just painful.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #124588

But that's, like, your opinion maaaaan
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #124601

I think he said he stopped taking suggestions because at that point there were so many per update it was unrealistic to read them all and generally he could just pick the person who said what he wanted to do anyway
Still a shame though
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124644

I am doing my best to stay the fuck out of the Undertale fandom, I have seen enough fandoms to know it's going to turn into pure shit soon enough
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #124650

[youtube]JgslxvkRsGA[/youtube]
Laharl Monthy

Post by Laharl Monthy » #124655

Ricotez wrote:I am doing my best to stay the fuck out of the Undertale fandom, I have seen enough fandoms to know it's going to turn into pure shit soon enough
I hope it doesn't.

Sadly it probably will.
Last edited by Laharl Monthy on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124657

It will. It always does. I have seen it countless times before, fandoms always turn into pure shit.

I just sit back and enjoy the good fan creations while they last.
Spoiler: