Undertale

Talk about video games here
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Undertale

Post by Ricotez » #131631

Bottom post of the previous page:

Screemonster wrote:Nah, the creator used the term genocide run in a tweet before that guy even published his video
you sure about this? I can't find anything
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #131645

Ricotez wrote:
Screemonster wrote:Nah, the creator used the term genocide run in a tweet before that guy even published his video
you sure about this? I can't find anything
Ironically, all of the posts I'm finding are people claiming the opposite (without citing Toby anywhere, of course.) These same people wander about dumbfounded that the majority of people still use such a title when this mysterious unsubstantiated post ~somewhere~ shows Toby's approval and/or disapproval of the name. This is one of those ruses where both sides try to claim creator support for a thing and don't bother ever actually proving the creator supported it. Naturally its over something so minor even the creator doesn't care enough to give an opinion, so the factions invent one for him.

I've already said my piece. The name is apt to the conditions of the route (that there are survivors does not invalidate the definition one bit) so people will keep using it. No number of tasteless "lel hitler ammirite" youtube vids will modify that for most people.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #131646

I figured he just adopted the popular fan name at the time and doesn't want to be any further involved in such a stupid argument if he hasn't actually said anything about it since.

You guys are thinking too hard about this. Skip
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #131647

look, I'm sick of this damn discussion too, it's been done to death in plenty of places and we could just find one of them and copypaste the arguments into this thread and it would be the same thing as if we actually wrote the posts from scratch because that's how fucking fandom drama tends to go: in endless circles.

I won't refer to the route as "genocide run" any more, but I don't care if other people do and I think it's stupid to judge anyone for that if their reason is "it's a good description of what the run involves". the only people I do have a problem with are those that try to defend holocaust jokes, but there hasn't been any of that in this thread yet fortunately.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #131664

Why so much rage about a word?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #131668

Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #131699

Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #131722

I just call it "kill em all".
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #131740

1 word > more than 1 word

Though I guess "merciless" would work? But then again, that could just refer to a standard clueless RPG neutral run.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #131744

new page already, huh
BLUNDER
FAIL!!!!!!
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #131755

To be honest I think it's best to refer to it as "The Playthrough Wherein You Kill as Many People as the Game Allows."
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #131777

"Destroyer."

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #131785

There is more than one genocide in history the definition is actually pretty loose and basically any mass murder deliberately directed at a particular group works. It doesn't even require total annihilation that is extinction and would be different.

A deliberate mass killing directed a group it is what you do in that version of the game precisely and is the entire point. Undertale is actually a poor genocide simulator and many 4X games do it better letting you say explode inhabited planets instead of personally hunting people down for your massacre.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #131800

Did anyone else enjoy the genoicde route ? I did it twice.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #131804

guys we were going to let the discussion drop

also what the hell is so enjoyable about doing it a second time, the game becomes so boring
Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #131806

oranges wrote:Did anyone else enjoy the genoicde route ? I did it twice.
it was fun and cool and i unironically got really into it but i can't see myself doing it a second time. maybe if there's ever a complete hard mode i will tho
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #131820

[youtube]fU3jfk-O7L0[/youtube]
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131829

>even doing genocide once

Disgusting.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
LA MAYONESA
Byond Username: LA MAYONESA

Post by LA MAYONESA » #131839

capi duffman wrote:Why so much rage about a word?
communists
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131851

Goatface goatmom is so fucking scary.
Spoiler:

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #131854

Goats have really cool eyes
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #131859

Oh, right, there's also more Genosans.
Spoiler:
Like, something's off but holy shit.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #131861

PKPenguin321 wrote:[youtube]SPICETALE[youtube]
hOLY SHIT I've never laughed harder this whole weeke jesus
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #131863

TheWiznard wrote:
you must have had a pretty dull week
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #131864

DemonFiren wrote:Oh, right, there's also more Genosans.
Spoiler:
Like, something's off but holy shit.
it's the angry look in his eyes that looks off, part of what makes Sans so creepy is that he never stops smiling like a madman
Spoiler:
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #131925

Jacquerel wrote:"No Mercy" even more accurately describes the requirements of the route, IMO.
PRETTY BELATED but I think a No Mercy run is more like a failed Geno run, where you don't mercy anything but you also don't do the specifically-Geno things like clearing shit out and the like. I watched someone bad at the game do this. On a digressive, but related note, Undyne's non-genocide death is really really fucking cool.

As a Geno run alternative name, I like the 'Piece of shit' run slowbeef came up with.

Also that Alphys is too cute, she needs to be fat and dumpy to be bestgirl Alphys for real.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #131926

captain sawrge wrote:
TheWiznard wrote:
you must have had a pretty dull week
yeah okay it I made this post after I had just woken up at like 5am, and it seemed extremely funny at the time
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #131967

Aaron kind of reminds me of ARquius. Creepy floaty horse thing with chiselled abs and sweating?
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #131970

Daily dose of feels:

SPOILERS ETC
Apparently I was an director or something.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #131973

WJohnston wrote:Daily dose of feels:

SPOILERS ETC
I didn't want to have a bad time.
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #131992

Muffet's table has eight legs.

Apparently the taskbar icon during Mettaton's play says 'Undertale: The Musical'.

Bratty and Catty are (v)alley girls.

Fffuuccckcckckkkkkk
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #131994

Balut wrote:Muffet's table has eight legs.

Apparently the taskbar icon during Mettaton's play says 'Undertale: The Musical'.

Bratty and Catty are (v)alley girls.

Fffuuccckcckckkkkkk
Welcome to Pundertale.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #132052

Reminder that that is nothing:

If you die during the pacifist final battle, your soul will not die, instead the game says "But it refused" and it comes back together in one piece.
That is, it re-fused.
Which means you just witnessed your own de-termination.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #132082

>sans
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #132084

Are our puns that awful, or are you having a bad time right now?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #132086

i am having the bad time i deserve
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #132087

No, you're having the bad time you need right now.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #132099

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #132101

Frisk confirmed for Korean girl.

That said, allegedly Chara is a Greek name...

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #132155

/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #132197

I play Boris Pepper.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #132221

ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #132334

Well if they ever do more of Hardmode beyond the ruins...

Temmie Raining blood? Skip to like 30 seconds if you want to avoid this guys hilarious accent.
Last edited by ThanatosRa on Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #132335

ThanatosRa wrote: hilarious italian accent.
ThanatosRa wrote:italian
>Joel
>Kermit the Frog
>Italian

are you high.
私は完璧
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #132336

Remie Richards wrote:
ThanatosRa wrote: hilarious italian accent.
ThanatosRa wrote:italian
>Joel
>Kermit the Frog
>Italian

are you high.
I'm half asleep. I can't fucking tell. Blow me.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #132387

[youtube]7QwRs_elUfI[/youtube]

I really should have killed you when I had the chance.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #132399

ShadowDimentio wrote:youtube video

I really should have killed you when I had the chance.
alphys never actually had the chance though tbh she's a pusy bich 8-)
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #132980

look at this animation holy fuck
http://i.imgur.com/feRB3Sl.gifv
Spoiler:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #133011

So, someone made a Papyrus SFM model...

Dayum, DAYUUUUUUM.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #133128

Wow. That's actually one of the best models I've ever seen, holy shit.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #133207

[youtube]23KLGzsIBuY[/youtube]

[youtube]cU2JEZSrY3Q[/youtube]

These are so great
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz