Undertale

Talk about video games here
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Undertale

Post by DemonFiren » #140858

Bottom post of the previous page:

He should just chill and enjoy the buttspie.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #140883

If I streamed a Genocide run Thursday, would anyone want to watch?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #140891

Depends on the time.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140898

>watching genocide

Nope, doing myself.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #140900

the hardest party of no mercy is betraying Papyrus

after that you're dead on the inside anyway
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140918

On Genocide, I have no problem with Toriel.
Papyrus is a nuisance.
Muffet is a meme.
Mettaton is a failure.
Sans is a slightly bigger nuisance than Papyrus.
Asgore is beyond my control.

But Undyne, I cannot handle Undyne's feels.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
THE MIGHTY GALVATRON
Byond Username: The Mighty Galvatron

Post by THE MIGHTY GALVATRON » #140943

Pre-ordered that fangamer pack, choose that $1.00 discount.

Received this:

Spoiler:
Flowey I trusted you!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #140947

>trust
>flowey

Y O U I D I O T

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #141105

https://www.digg.com/r/Undertale/comm ... bute_game/

Holy shit this is incredibly well done.

Last edited by WJohnston on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apparently I was an director or something.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #141121

Man fuck those red sentinels
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141173

>Come to thread to post about the fan battle
>Fucking WJ has already posted it

You cunt
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #141264

ExplosiveCrate wrote:Man fuck those red sentinels
I have not figured out how to do the part where there's two at the same time without getting hit. I can do the rest fine but that bit trips me up
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #141410

[youtube]GIuBpl7k_eU[/youtube]
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #141764

ThanatosRa wrote:[youtube]GIuBpl7k_eU[/youtube]
I should have posted that, dammit! (I've been subscribed to his channel for about a year but I did not think to post it here. Blast!)
Spoiler:
Anyway, I had a friend who continuously nagged me to play Undertale since the 3nd week of November. He asked me if I'd bought it almost every day, and I responded I had not. About 70% of the time I just forgot about it and the other 30% I shrugged it off. Eventually, he told me it was voted, "The Best Game Ever," to which I immediately rebutted as being asinine. A few days ago, I saw in my YouTube subscriptions that there was an Undertale stream 'Pacifist Run' planned that night, so I though, "What the heck, why not, I guess I'll finally see what this is all about." God were my expectations met, exceeded, and then went where no expectations have gone before with lesser dog's head. Temie Village had me howling with laughter. Flowey had me howling with rage. I've never played Earthbound, so I cannot draw from that, but the saying the story was well-done is selling it short. Severely. The soundtrack is in and of itself spectacular, and upon close inspection, MANY leitmotifs appear; some obvious, some not so much.
Part of me feels guilty for not experiencing the game first hand by myself, however, I have this sense of partial completeness dwelling within me, so I do not doubt that I must buy the game now and go forth myself, to see what is the same, what is different, and what is absolutely hilarious.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141765

>watching a pacifist run after it wins the pissing contest
>not playing it yourself
>not experiencing the terror of OF firsthand

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141816

Back to not-shitposting,have a listen to Waterfall at x3 speed.
Spoiler:
[youtube]HaseQGGZ07A[/youtube]
In case you have a few bricks stuck in your ass.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #141876

It kinda makes sense if you see Undyne as the area boss of Waterfall. Mettaton's music is also another variation of the Hotlands/CORE melody

But yeah, Toby a best. I really liked how he described his melodies as characters of their own that get developed throughout the game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #142393

first official fanalbum is out

https://determination-ut.bandcamp.com/releases

first half is those metal covers that everyone already knows, but the second half consists of electronic covers that are also very nice
Spoiler:
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #142520

Ikarrus wrote:It kinda makes sense if you see Undyne as the area boss of Waterfall. Mettaton's music is also another variation of the Hotlands/CORE melody

But yeah, Toby a best. I really liked how he described his melodies as characters of their own that get developed throughout the game.
What's better, speed up "An Ending" and you'll realise that both the Ruins and Don't Give Up also show up in Undyne's theme.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #142700

[youtube]2Egf_CyycfI[/youtube]

[youtube]1JbKOeeGRAM[/youtube]
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #143978

[youtube]HG-RWA1kbk0[/youtube]

Jesus christ how horrifying

[youtube]KRPkoCg_84w[/youtube]

Jesus christ how fabulous
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #146101

I'm glad I bought it on sale

It was an okay game, but I wouldn't have been able to justify full price for it.

Music is pretty top tier, tho.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146106

Did you finish it, at least?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #146192

Takeguru wrote:I wouldn't have been able to justify full price for it
>10 bucks
>was on sale for 8
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #146193

SICK DEEEEALS

Also PaS has joined the Undertale avatar club. Our influence grows!
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #146809

I gave the fuck up and joined the club.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #146825

NOW WE WILL ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #146949

You'll know that I like Doggo. Fantastic.

[youtube]wOHV4UQNaTM[/youtube]

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #147059

Finally beat it (normal and pacifist mode) last night. A very charming and enjoyable experience.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #147067

Goatdad was harder than Flowey.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #147075

not sure what i should think about the 3d undertale some people are making, doesnt seem like it would fit well
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #147086

Takeguru wrote:Goatdad was harder than Flowey.
but was he harder than mettaton?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #147102

DemonFiren wrote:
Takeguru wrote:Goatdad was harder than Flowey.
but was he harder than mettaton?
Mettaton was annoying, but I only lost twice.

Goatdad was 3 times. Flowey was technically only once.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #147195

I don't understand what's hard about the Mettaton fight- I beat him on my first try.

Then again, I play Ikaruga and Gradius, and Mettaton was mostly a classic bullet-hell.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #147599

I don't get why the game is so popular. Feels like exploitation to be honest.

I liked the whole dog-petting deal and Muffet was nice and there were some nice jokes, I guess.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #147601

Go ask /utg/, you'll get an answer there.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #147628

Please don't.

If it was exploitative there would be merchandising up the ass. Toby's resisted most efforts though, and sticks mostly with what his friends make.

It's just a game he made that would appeal to people like himself. It's built with a niche audience in mind as opposed to wide-appeal AAA games.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #147641

Ikarrus wrote:It's just a game he made that would appeal to people like himself. It's built with a niche audience in mind as opposed to wide-appeal AAA games.
Pretty much this, so naturally the people in that niche are freaking the fuck out because someone actually made something that appeals to them.

It's like celiacs freaked the fuck out when someone made food they could eat and not die (amplified by the hipster dicks who latch onto anything niche) and suddenly there's a very loud "gluten free" group around annoying people with something that 90% of people don't give a fuck about because they're not gluten intolerant.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #147987

so did you guys catch that 100~MB update the other day? apparently a lot of ARG stuff got changed, like the messages in the audio files/sprite sheets telling people not to leak them online. burgerpants got new lines, temmie got new Check text, lots of fun stuff. apparently not everything has been uncovered quite yet.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #147990

OH GOD DAMN IT TOBY YOU JUST WON'T LET THE DATAMINERS REST
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #147997

full(?) album of the changes i mentioned
warning: hella spoilers
http://imgur.com/a/LFjJs

this album is missing:
potentially undiscovered ARG things
modified "Toby's warning" sound file (pre update) (post update)
two minor typo fixes (muffet saying "alo" instead of also, description of figure on alphys' desk changed from "it's beaten up figure" to "it's a beaten up figure")
possibly more stuff i dont know about
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #148019

Started genocide.

Not really feeling anything because the inbetween grinding is tedious as fuck and kills my immersion
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #148026

It's really tedious and shitty, probably to drive home the point that you're doing it just because you have to see the ending. You know, it's deep.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #148028

You did this to yourself.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #148037

Oh also my avatar is a blundertale now I can bandwagon too
Zellion
Byond Username: Zellion

Post by Zellion » #148058

I haven't changed my avatar in 5 years and you won't see me start now, not even to join a meme bandwagon.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #148072

>grinding genocide

>not just starting to walk in one direction, then alt-tabbing out while holding the d-key down

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #148124

Something something I'm having a bad time something something
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #148136

Ikarrus wrote:It's built with a niche audience in mind as opposed to wide-appeal AAA games.
Can you elaborate? Because from where I'm standing it looks exactly opposite. It's easy to get in, lacks gameplay depth and has quirky emotional story, that's meant to appeal to the most wide audience. Normies if you will.

If it was niche it wouldn't win game of the year awards up the wazoo. Yandere Simulator is niche, not Undertale.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #148143

There's not much to elaborate on, Undertale is far from a traditional RPG, made to appeal to people like Toby. I'm not interested in arguing semantics around the word "niche".
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #148155

Toby Fox literally said he just tried to make a game that would appeal to him and - he hoped - to fans of Mother, which is a community he's been a part of for years. he even made an Earthbound romhack that incorporates many of the ideas you also see in undertale. he wasn't expecting the game to take off like this at all.
Spoiler: