Post by Copybass » #237261

>jazz opening theme remix
>slick visuals
>futuristic setting
>female protagonist, still the old ahoge
>raiden-esque ultimate robot
>new Ultimate Detective partner
>new gameplay

I dunno if there are that many people here who play truth bullet game, but this opening's got me real ready for 2017.

[youtube]Pp0H-5TVA7o[/youtube]
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Re: Danganronpa V3

Post by Ricotez » #237262

I'm going to get so fucking spoiled for this because if there is one game series where everything is a spoiler it's Dangan Ronpa, and if there is one fandom that has never heard of spoiler tagging it's this fandom.

Like you can bet your ass it'll take a week after the Japanese release before people have avatars of the mastermind in their mastermind outfit, or a picture of one of the murder scenes or culprit executions, or something like that.
Last edited by Ricotez on Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #237263

I played the first game in this series a bit and holy shit i have not in all my days played such an exposition heavy game with such fucking horrid storytelling

The intro is obscenely long, the main character and many other characters regularly repeat blatantly obvious shit or say things that mean absolutely nothing/have no bearing on the story, and the game's idea of how to introduce you to each of the fifteen or so relatively complex character is to literally have them all stand in a fucking line and force you to listen to a horrible forced dialogue from each one rather that make even a cursory attempt to flesh them out through storytelling. The actual gameplay starts after like an hour of stupid bullshit, and it was not bad but after having to choke down the intro i just could not give a shit.

Did the second one/the anime do anything differently?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #237264

If you don't like the first one, you don't have to bother with anything else.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #237266

Ricotez wrote:Snip
I somehow managed to avoid spoilers for both DR1 and DR2 before playing them, I feel like I was just lucky because I played them only once they came out on PC so the initial spoiler burst from the Vita was already done and gone.
Wyzack wrote:Snip
I feel like DR is an acquired taste, if you weren't a fan of how the first one did things then you won't like the second or the anime, though I feel like the anime (3 that is, DR3 Despair+Hope) went to a much different place then the games did. The anime version of the first game was a fucking mess.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #237268

the DR3 anime was a bit of a mess imo
Spoiler:
Future arc had a less interesting watered down version of a Mutual Killing and most of the new interesting characters went tragically underused, and Despair arc managed to single-handedly destroy the main villain by reducing them from an evil master manipulator to a gibbering despair fetishist who depended more on coincidental encounters, the talents of others and cheats than on their own skills. Hope arc at least gave a bit of closure to the series.
it was still miles better than the anime adaption of the first game though, now that was a real disaster
Spoiler:
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #237514

Watching DR3 is like watching one of those gloriously bad movies, like plan 9 from outer space.
If you watch it alone, it's an unfunny mess, but with friends, or following /a/ it was a hilarious fount of memes, that gave a lot of fun and laughter.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #341987

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is out in English now, on PS4, PSV and Steam. I've only finished Chapter 1 so far.
Spoiler:
Fuck god damn it shit I was not expecting that twist, and ESPECIALLY not in the first trial. Kodaka actually did it, the one twist I thought he'd never pull, the absolute madman.
Spoiler: