Byond Username: Kelenius

Dwarf Fortress

Post by Kelenius » #18263

IT UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Re: Dwarf Fortress

Post by ColonicAcid » #18275

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
adventure mode is cool.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #18279

Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #18286

I-I've lost too much of my life already...
I-I can't go back...
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18290

̧̢̡̭͓͙̦̙͖͖̞͇̤̤̹̖͓̙̜̞̲̅̃̑͋̀ͩͯ̃ͧ͌̂̒̄͋ͨ͞i̡̛̬̳̰͉͙͎̦̘̦̮͕̜̭̹ͦ̄̍̎̌͐̈́ͯ̕͢͢t̯͓͉̤̳̻͍̠̖̱͇̞͚ͧ̂̽͑͜͠ ̷̛̖̳͓̖̼̦̜ͯ̔͗ͣͤ̿́͐̕͢ ̷̓͊ͭ̒ͫ̾̿ͬ͑͗̏̋̈҉̨̧͚̻͚̣̝̬̩͇̬̯͎̤̖̦ì̸̸̶̫͇̺͔̤̫̤̠͇̞̆ͮ̽ͩ͝s̸̯̩̫̩̞̫̝̦̜̝͓̻̘̭̬͎̠͚̝̍͆ͬ͊̊̓̊͜ ̂ͧͫ̉̀͢҉̭͇̘̜̠̭͍͕̳͓̫̹̖͓̺̟̩͕ ̨͎̮̞̦̫͈ͭͩ̽͛̅̓ͩͥ̽̚̚͢͟t̛͌̋ͤͤͮ͐͏̀͏̮̯͈̣̠̲̙̙͙̼ȩ̶̦̠͙͎̫͇̬͚̜̟̳̄̈́̐͑̆̐̀͊͜͝r̸͖̬̜̫̘͇̰͎͕̳̘̮̣̖̲̺̣̫̐̒̾͋̆̀ͦͩͩ̑͆̓ͮ̋̂̎͂ͩ̀̕͝r̊̀̄̔͌̈ͩ̈͗͊̂ͥ̆ͭ̎̎͢͏̬̰̮̳̘̥̠i̵̥̺͔̖̞͉̼͊̾ͬ̓ͫ̀̓̂̑̀͑̊ͬ̂ͦ̒̽͞f̵̶̶̡̘̥͎̬̪͎̦̤̅͋̈́̓ͪ̑ͩ͟y̴̞̻͎̬͙̿ͫ̿ͥ͐̂͛̊̾ͫ̈́̑ͥ͋͛ͯͯ̽͋į̩̥̘̭͖̞̱̝͓̗̼͍̲̱͕͖͓̞̊̃̈́ͦ̿ͯ͢n̷̝͔̳̜̪͓̙̹̹̺̮̯̟͆ͨ̄̓͛͋̈ͭͬ̃̈͒ͧ̿̉ͩͪ̀̚͜͜͞ͅg̢ͨ͋͑̄̃ͯ̋̔̚҉̴͈̣̺͎̞͕̲̮͕͍̯͙͙̳͖̮̼́̀
Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #18365

DWARF THERAPIST SOON FELLOW FORTRESS OVERSEERS
feedback appreciated here <3
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #18374

I'm waiting for DFHACK/Stonesense to update.

The isometric realtime stonesense view looks really cool, and since I have to update and lose everything anyway I may as well wait for it and do that.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18395

DYNAMITE
Higgin
In-Game Admin

Post by Higgin » #18424

srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18426

Kraso wrote:Image

DYNAMITE
[youtube]po77bJk1DdI[/youtube]
An0n3 wrote:I'm waiting for DFHACK/Stonesense to update.

The isometric realtime stonesense view looks really cool, and since I have to update and lose everything anyway I may as well wait for it and do that.
Also when shall this update be a coming?
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #18427

I like Dwarf Fortress a lot, can't really play the new update since it keeps crashing every 5 minutes so I'll wait for the game to stabilise.

Also fuck Giant Cave Spiders, the damn things walks into my lower part of the fort, kills several Dorfs, tangles about 20 more in webs, strikes down my Militia Commander before sending the fort on a Tantrum Spiral.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18433

I

I think I'm going to make a new character

and just kick/punch/wrassle everything into gore
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18435

http://i.imgur.com/GMbWO9Z.png

picture is 2 big for this ;_;
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #18441

I like hearing about the bugs like flying beings exploding into pulp and bloody mist when running into the new trees and the secret children.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18451

RULES OF NATURE
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #18467

Used glitched stealth to bite goblin's eyes off from behind her with impunity. They yield and I ask them about their troubles apparently they were in a fight. Ask them where I am, say they don't know. Damn right you don't.

Then I climb a tree and bite a and thrash four ravens one by one as others perch there patiently.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18472

I killed a vampire after searching for him in a village for a long while.
Literally had to keep asking villagers where his cottage his, reach his cottage, it has fucking like 20 people inside it, cue me asking each and every single one what their name is.
I find him, denounce him, unsheathe my Longsword and miss completely.
Like 3-4 villagers in the house begin attacking me. Like holy fuck why are you doing this this vampire has killed over three thousand people and you shits are trying to kill me with sickles? I fucking kill the Vampire with one heavy strike that was a solid hit to his upper chest and leave him to suffocate to death since I ruptured both his lungs and then turn my attention to the two shits who were punching and stabbing me in the back.
Slice the hands off the two of them and knock them unconscious before walking away from that shithole.
I later on died trying to vie control of a town but not before I kill the lady, grab a childs corpse, throw it at a lasher because "lol whips op" and he gets thrown on his ass and I slice off his head which in turn causes it to fly in an arc towards my follower which hits him in the neck and destroys the spine.
The lashers head killed my axeman... fuck.

Gotta try a wrassler next game, this is addicting as fuck.
o fuk
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18714

wrestling is the most fun and OP thing after ranged attacks and throwing

especially when you can become Mike Tyson: Dwarf Version

srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18715

Fucking awesome stories.

Welp after I got hyped out I started getting my feet wet and finally got to the point where I can play DF to a degree of some difficulty. (With out the help of tilesets of course!) So I got a few questions.

1. How would you go about getting drinks? While adventuring I got hungry and eat my sardines in my backpack. But soon afterwards had nothing to drink. In a fit of rage I went into a house and beat the two farmers in there to death with my bare hands.

2. This is going to be tricky to ask but, how would one "pin point" a targets location in his Quest log to his map/surroundings?

3. How can one get currency to buy and not murder people for drinks?

4. How are you making hands and heads explode by punching them? I went the Kenshiro route and put everything into STR/AGI along with Adept Dodger and (I forgot the name) but 12 into Strike and Kicking and novice armor user. Remember those helpless farmers I beat? They didn't explode </3

5. Also in regards to actual evasion, I noticed that due to my high dodge stat I had the option to "dodge", is this just for running away or will the enemy always hit me unless I select this option? I'm quick and good at dodging so I'd assume to a degree any normal retard would miss. Boogiemans on the other hand apperently do not.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18725

with default options on you'll defend according to enemy attacks.
if it's set to your own dodging then well, you have to do it.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18729

srifenbyxp wrote:4. How are you making niggers hands and heads explode by punching them? I went the Kenshiro route and put every thing into STR/AGI along with Adept Dodger and (I forgot the name) but 12 into Strike and Kicking and novice armor user. Remember those helpless women I beat? They didn't explode </3
your heads don't explode because you didn't pick the proper fighting skill to go along with it
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18741

Wrestling is all you need tbh.
Get the weapon hand into a lock, break it and bam you just won every 1 versus 1 fight.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18744

[youtube]YBf-XiEhTBw[/youtube]
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #18804

What's the flow of gameplay for adventure mode? I'm kinda lost here.

I started adventure mans, recruited two nearby dudes into my adventure crew, and then...

...I've run out of shit to do. People keep talking about how there is some dragon or some shit off menacing some people but like yo dude I just fucking got here. That Dragon is a bit outta my league.

Also why does everyone keep fucking saying "It is terrifying"?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #18815

An0n3 wrote:What's the flow of gameplay for adventure mode? I'm kinda lost here.

I started adventure mans, recruited two nearby dudes into my adventure crew, and then...

...I've run out of shit to do. People keep talking about how there is some dragon or some shit off menacing some people but like yo dude I just fucking got here. That Dragon is a bit outta my league.

It's that fucking terrifying.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18827

An0n3 wrote:What's the flow of gameplay for adventure mode? I'm kinda lost here.

̧̨̝̣͔̖̳̞̟̖̘̝̻̖͇́̑́ͫ̒͒͋ͬ̀̎̐̐ͨͯ͘͜I̵̵̧̨̯̜̱͎̮͗̎̉ͯͦ͐̑̈ͭ̈̃͘t̨͈̖̤̱͓̼͙̹̪͚̙͇̮͖͕̽ͧ̆͐͛ͬ̐̓̀͟͟ ̨̛̘̮͎̻̹̠̬͕̱͌͊̆ͣ̌̈̏͡ ̧̡̇ͣ̔̎ͫͩ̍̀̄ͫ̆ͮ̒ͬ̓̾ͭ͡҉̙̝͚̮̻̮͔̪̼̬͈̯̻i̸̞̙͈͓̩̠̣̫̘̗͓̬͉͚̭̭̅ͦ̑̅̃̀̕͜ͅs̷̵̛̳̘̝̬̮͚̰̩̟̜̽̅͂́̽ͨͥ͠ ̛͔̼̳̬͚͍͇̮̮̪̻̰̫̇ͦͨ̔̏ͪͦ̾̑ͤ̚͘ ̶̺͈̹̮̭̪̏͗ͨ̑̔̔̏ͨ̆́͂̃́̚͟t̷̸ͬ̍ͧ͆̇͌͌ͤ̾ͦͩ͋ͩ̃ͧͪͨ̾͡͏̫̭̦̭̹͕̫̤̙̪͚͎̙̀e̛͉̙̮̘̟͓̘ͥ̈ͯ͋̉͌́͂̂̑ͯ͗ͬ̂ͦ́̎́͜͡r̶͍̮͎̘͈͍͉͛ͣ̄ͭ̆͞r̵̭̱͓̙̰͎̱͆̏̉͆̀͡i̸̶̧̯̖̖͉̰̖̣̮̯̗̾̅ͥ̒̔̒̈ͮ̈́͛̑̂ͫ̚̚͡f̵̥͍̦̬͔̤̦͐̔̓̈̒ͦ͑̈ͯͧͨ̅͆ͥ͢͜͜͞y̷̸̛͑ͥͥ̃̃ͩ͌̒̚҉̣̝̯̻̞͢i̒̐̏͒͛ͧ̓͆ͮ̀̊̓ͫ͋̋͞҉̲͍̪̞̝̟͍͖̭͍͓̲̰ͅn̵̥̘̪̳̺͍̤̫̗̣̰̺̭̰͐ͯͩ͊̈͝ͅģ̱̪͍̼͓͉̭̥̮͚̮̮͔̭ͩ̇̍̊̈ͪͫ̅́̂ͭͥͬ̊͛ͨ́͟͝.̷͉̲̝̰̱͔̠̦̫̘̳ͫͭ̇̋͐̏̀͋̆͆̀̍͆̇͗͑͡͞ͅ
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18830

go ask where bandits are.
go around the hamlets/towns and go into the meadhalls/castle respectively and take armour that you need, looting shit from castles isn't stealing apparantly.
Go to where the bandits are, press capital Q to get your quest log (mind you if you don't know the bandit/groups name you're going to have a bad time since that shit logs everything you do, even when you get looked funny by a stray animal.) The bandit camps have a special icon, I'm currently using Pheobes tileset so it'll look different for me. GO there, kill everyone, either on your own sneaking (probably the easiest way) or an all out assault on the camp.
If it's a goblin camp there's a big boss guy who punches shit, if it's a human bandit camp then there's a bandit.
Once you're reasonably enough skilled from doing this shit go kill collosi and titans and shit, they live in shrines, ask someone where the shrine is and if you go around the general area you should find "YOU DISCOVER A SHRINE" if the NPC didn't tell you to begin with.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18832

Kraso wrote:
srifenbyxp wrote:4. How are you making niggers hands and heads explode by punching them? I went the Kenshiro route and put every thing into STR/AGI along with Adept Dodger and (I forgot the name) but 12 into Strike and Kicking and novice armor user. Remember those helpless women I beat? They didn't explode </3
your heads don't explode because you didn't pick the proper fighting skill to go along with it
and what skill would that be
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18833

fighter
you need fighter
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #18859

Kraso wrote:

̧̨̝̣͔̖̳̞̟̖̘̝̻̖͇́̑́ͫ̒͒͋ͬ̀̎̐̐ͨͯ͘͜I̵̵̧̨̯̜̱͎̮͗̎̉ͯͦ͐̑̈ͭ̈̃͘t̨͈̖̤̱͓̼͙̹̪͚̙͇̮͖͕̽ͧ̆͐͛ͬ̐̓̀͟͟ ̨̛̘̮͎̻̹̠̬͕̱͌͊̆ͣ̌̈̏͡ ̧̡̇ͣ̔̎ͫͩ̍̀̄ͫ̆ͮ̒ͬ̓̾ͭ͡҉̙̝͚̮̻̮͔̪̼̬͈̯̻i̸̞̙͈͓̩̠̣̫̘̗͓̬͉͚̭̭̅ͦ̑̅̃̀̕͜ͅs̷̵̛̳̘̝̬̮͚̰̩̟̜̽̅͂́̽ͨͥ͠ ̛͔̼̳̬͚͍͇̮̮̪̻̰̫̇ͦͨ̔̏ͪͦ̾̑ͤ̚͘ ̶̺͈̹̮̭̪̏͗ͨ̑̔̔̏ͨ̆́͂̃́̚͟t̷̸ͬ̍ͧ͆̇͌͌ͤ̾ͦͩ͋ͩ̃ͧͪͨ̾͡͏̫̭̦̭̹͕̫̤̙̪͚͎̙̀e̛͉̙̮̘̟͓̘ͥ̈ͯ͋̉͌́͂̂̑ͯ͗ͬ̂ͦ́̎́͜͡r̶͍̮͎̘͈͍͉͛ͣ̄ͭ̆͞r̵̭̱͓̙̰͎̱͆̏̉͆̀͡i̸̶̧̯̖̖͉̰̖̣̮̯̗̾̅ͥ̒̔̒̈ͮ̈́͛̑̂ͫ̚̚͡f̵̥͍̦̬͔̤̦͐̔̓̈̒ͦ͑̈ͯͧͨ̅͆ͥ͢͜͜͞y̷̸̛͑ͥͥ̃̃ͩ͌̒̚҉̣̝̯̻̞͢i̒̐̏͒͛ͧ̓͆ͮ̀̊̓ͫ͋̋͞҉̲͍̪̞̝̟͍͖̭͍͓̲̰ͅn̵̥̘̪̳̺͍̤̫̗̣̰̺̭̰͐ͯͩ͊̈͝ͅģ̱̪͍̼͓͉̭̥̮͚̮̮͔̭ͩ̇̍̊̈ͪͫ̅́̂ͭͥͬ̊͛ͨ́͟͝.̷͉̲̝̰̱͔̠̦̫̘̳ͫͭ̇̋͐̏̀͋̆͆̀̍͆̇͗͑͡͞ͅ
Not but seriously nobody will even say what it is.

Everyone just keeps mumbling "It is terrifying."

It's starting to get really fucking creepy.

Like I walk into a town and greet a farmer and have a conversation, and then one of my followers mutters "It is terrifying" and soon everyone around is just kinda milling about mumbling "It is terrifying." to eachother.

I'm beginning to panic.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Higgin
In-Game Admin

Post by Higgin » #18866

it is terrifying.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #18870

Seriously is this happening in other people's games?

I went into the conversation tree and found the option to "remark on current situation" or something.
Now I'm saying it too. Wherever I go it's the same thing.

Tell me this is a bug and not my entire world is terrifying.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #18873

Itisterrifying.png
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18876

An0n3 wrote:Seriously is this happening in other people's games?

I went into the conversation tree and found the option to "remark on current situation" or something.
Now I'm saying it too. Wherever I go it's the same thing.

Tell me this is a bug and not my entire world is terrifying.

It seems you live in a terrifying world. My save got corrupted so BACK TO SQUARE ONE
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18877

there's been an update to version 40.
it fixed the corrupt saves and shizzle

It was inevitable.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18891

Well before I go to bed, my latest achievement!
Spoiler:

As I was walking towards the den of theives night fell, a longs way from a place of dwelling I steel myself for the series of onslaught to come.
The dreaded boogieman appears! Clumsy figuring out the combat system I defeat the monster with moderated wounds, I had figured the worst of it was over but I was mistaken.

THREE MORE BOOGIEMANS APPEAR, surrounded I run to engage the enemy in a single file line. It worked to some extent I was dodging two enemies at once instead of three. Tapping into my honed combat skills of punching defenseless wildlife I begun a mighty battle with the fiends! A right, a left, another left! ATTACK IMMINENT I gracefully dodge the attack. It was until I wounded the foul demons that my true power springed forth! Striking vital pressure points on the demons they fell before me in lumps of gibs, but not before they moan cries of anguish and grabbing onto their already morphing heads. Walking away with the crackling vanishing I utter into the darkness. "Run while you still can."

Also this game chugs alot for some reason, is it because I have a large map with many civs about?
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #18892

srifenbyxp wrote:Also this game chugs alot for some reason, is it because I have a large map with many civs about?
That'd probably be at least part of the problem.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18908

An0n3 wrote:
Itisterrifying.png
It was inevitable.

srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18909

At the moment i'm trying to do a quest to hunt down a pack of mobsters, im assuming *** means in in the general area but ain't seeing shit captain. It's in the city so im guessing its underground?

Im restarting due to the clusterfuck chugs im getting because of my map size and the amount of shit thats moving at once but i'd like to know if the Green letter in my compass box means to go in that direction.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18910

warning: fuckhuge image of a map
Spoiler:
the whole fucking land is swimming in elves literally left and right

srifen, usually criminals are underground, so yes a *** means you're in the area and green means you're nearby
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18913

neat thanks, also how would one go about putting water into their flask? I know it's shift+i and im by/IN the brook but cant store water, let alone melt a protion of the ice river for it.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18914

>All these large maps.
lmao enjoy your lag and your 2 hour long 2 weeks each time you start a new game.
Mine is small, small history, high number of beasts, high number of savagery and I have captured all of the hamlets in the south while eradicating all the shitty necro towers and bandits around the villages.
I am stronk. I have like 3 masterwork items, my iron breastplate and my two high iron boots. I have a superior quality 2h handed sword so usually I can decap someone in one swing if it's anything above barely graze.
srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #18915

Derp water from snow.

get snow > p put it in yer bag and shift+i near camp fire.

And my map is medium instead of large.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #18916

On the topic of maps, I prefer maps in Fortress Mode that are very early on in its history. Not only does that give a more "frontier" feel but it means more megabeasts.

One day in the year 2019, I hope we can start a Fortress, build it up, then retire it by sending out a new "expeditionary" group to allow the player to start their own in game empre!
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18918

ColonicAcid wrote:>All these large maps.
lmao enjoy your lag and your 2 hour long 2 weeks each time you start a new game.
Mine is small, small history, high number of beasts, high number of savagery and I have captured all of the hamlets in the south while eradicating all the shitty necro towers and bandits around the villages.
I am stronk. I have like 3 masterwork items, my iron breastplate and my two high iron boots. I have a superior quality 2h handed sword so usually I can decap someone in one swing if it's anything above barely graze.
only takes me like 30 minutes to get past the calendar
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18920

srifenbyxp wrote:neat thanks, also how would one go about putting water into their flask? I know it's shift+i and im by/IN the brook but cant store water, let alone melt a protion of the ice river for it.
press p
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #18924

If your water freezes while you're carrying it, make a campfire anywhere and shift+I the ice to the campfire to melt it.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #18925

Kraso wrote:
srifenbyxp wrote:neat thanks, also how would one go about putting water into their flask? I know it's shift+i and im by/IN the brook but cant store water, let alone melt a protion of the ice river for it.
press p
nah to fill up a flask its I (capital i) and then use the flask and you should get an option to fill it up.
emptying your flask on the ground creates an infinite puddle which you can repeatedly drink and fill up.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #18946

It is for the best.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #18990

How do you get your adventure window to be bigger like that?

Mine is fucking teeny tiny and it abbreviates everything poorly.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: