MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Rimworld

Post by MMMiracles » #495620

Bottom post of the previous page:

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Bawhoppennn wrote:The multiplayer mod works so well (and is so fun) that it's scary.

https://github.com/Zetrith/Multiplayer/releases
Heard vaguely of this, is there a server browser or do I need friends? Doesn't look like there's one at a glance
There's direct connect and I believe a very basic server list, it uses the framework steam gives for hosting/connecting I believe. It has almost no sync issues with the vanilla game (caravan events/faction calling via comms console are disabled due to sync issues) and supports XML mods fully. Some DLL mods work too as long as the gameplay element they add have no external UI for players to interact with. The guy who made the mod went MIA but it was opensource so people already picked it up again and there's an unofficial API for making your mods multiplayer compatible.

It honestly feels like a vanilla feature with how well its done, I've had 3-4 hour sessions with 3 other friends with zero desync issues and we were able to come back to the save on a later date. Really fuckin' good mod.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #495681

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Davidchan wrote:Been playing this again, wish the guy who did the Syndicate Weapons/Classic mods would update to 1.0, I miss being able to hose down tribals with L6s and running in with eswords to finish off the survivors.
it's been updated for a while, it's just changed ownership
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1497039037
Literally not though. NT Armory is strictly crew/station weapons, Syndi gear isn't included. The Syndicate mod hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #495737

Davidchan wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
Davidchan wrote:Been playing this again, wish the guy who did the Syndicate Weapons/Classic mods would update to 1.0, I miss being able to hose down tribals with L6s and running in with eswords to finish off the survivors.
it's been updated for a while, it's just changed ownership
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1497039037
Literally not though. NT Armory is strictly crew/station weapons, Syndi gear isn't included. The Syndicate mod hasn't been updated in over 2 years.
Looking into it, looks really salvagable except maybe the energy shield/minibombs. Could rework those into a grenade reskin and the shields as part of this mod. Already got energy swords working for the most part.

Also wow this mod is not balanced at all, eswords are stronk as fuck
Also not planning on finishing this, at least not for a while
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #495775

PKPenguin321 wrote: Heard vaguely of this, is there a server browser or do I need friends? Doesn't look like there's one at a glance
Yeah, I think you're gonna want to have actual friends to play it. But seriously though, when I played it with one other person, it was such a comfy experience managing our colony together. Alternatively still, if you want to play with several other people, you could try to enable the multiple colonies setting, and then all play as separate settlements simultaneously. I think it would probably work really well.

Also about mods, just to note, there's quite a few compatible mods already. Here's a collection for a bunch of them: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1616620901
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #495804

I'll stick with phi client for the time being and trade human hats for healroots.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #615558

Apparently Swept is one of the goobers behind the multiplayer mod: https://rimworldmultiplayer.com/about/
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #616066

PKPenguin321 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:33 am Apparently Swept is one of the goobers behind the multiplayer mod: https://rimworldmultiplayer.com/about/
Huh. That's neat!
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #637739

Why does Swept's signature say DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14 and will it eventually say DON'T PLAY RIMWORLD MULTIPLAYER?

Does Rimworld being multiplayer save it from being the boring, hundred-hour tedium that singleplayer is?
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #639279

cacogen wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:47 am Why does Swept's signature say DON'T PLAY SPACE STATION 14 and will it eventually say DON'T PLAY RIMWORLD MULTIPLAYER?

Does Rimworld being multiplayer save it from being the boring, hundred-hour tedium that singleplayer is?
multiplayer is pretty fun, try it out with a friend sometime.
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #639285

I started playing this again recently with the intention of finally building the ship and finishing it, but it's boring.

Here is my colon btw

https://i.imgur.com/TQYdEGO.jpeg
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #645546

People will say df is better but rimworld has modding support

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1981411590