Talk about video games here
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Re: Rimworld

Post by capi duffman » #244288

Bottom post of the previous page:

Things that I've learnt for now:

-Heatwaves are real issues
-That cooler must be put on a wall for it to work.
-Those marble ruins must be left alone
-A wooden base is a bad idea
-Building only solar panels is a bad idea
-Ignoring addictions doesn't work.

Wish I could make pumps and flood the world with magma...
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #244296

Do heatwaves happen only once per season? I managed through mine pretty well. I've put passive cooler in everyone's bedroom.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #244302

Heat waves are random, but they can occur once every 30 days. I know in a15 certain biomes and map seeds had very high chances of heat waves but aside from that it's more or less random. And yeah, passive coolers are the way to go during heat waves if you have the wood to spare, cooling your rooms to 60F/15C given they aren't too big. Not needing components or power is what really makes passive coolers amazing, you can toss them down anywhere in your base and expect reasonable temps for 5 days, in heavily forested biomes I don't even bother with coolers outside of my food storage.

Blended leather is also found in the Vegetable Garden mod I linked above, build a loom and set a task to blend the leather, it will grab 10 leathers from your stocks and convert them into the multicolored blended leather, you can fine tune the task to only pick certain kinds of leather if you prefer.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #244381

I tried the crashlanding mod's hard scenario. It threw nothing but raw food and half-dead colonists at me to scavenge on the first few days. It then spawned an infestation hive next to an ancient room and broke it open, unleashing 2 scythers and a centipede who immediately ran for the colony shit-shack. All the colonists had to defend themselves with was some logs.

Logs are surprisingly effective at beating down mechanoids when you swarm them with 6 people. They'll sit downed outside the shit-shack while the colonists scavenge the surrounding ruins as a sign not to fuck with us or they'll get the log.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #244924

Spoiler:
Kitty needs to forget the pain. Also he later developed carcinoma over his unrestrained alcohol consumption.

Later some stupid pirates came with a sapper... who instead of breaching my defences, opened the ominous ruins with a centipede, three scythers and six chryocaskets.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #246271

I made a silly scenario based around the ss13 related mods for rimworld. Add any comments on it as you see fit.

Heres someone wearing the clown mask proudly :^)
Spoiler:
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #246669

Thank you digg.
Spoiler:
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #248361

What are you doing Pookie stop eating his head noooo....

Anyway. I just learned that you can have multiple bases? How does that work? How does it relate to that "option" in options? I kinda ran out of components in my area.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #248368

Lumbermancer wrote: Anyway. I just learned that you can have multiple bases? How does that work? How does it relate to that "option" in options? I kinda ran out of components in my area.
It's an option in settings, max of 5. Running multiple bases is just essentially running multiple maps at once with whatever colonies you don't have selected at the moment running in the background.

I probably wouldn't suggest it unless your colony is mostly self-sufficient and you don't have issues with performance on Late-Game saves. Being able to drop pod supplies between a main colony and farm/mining outposts is pretty fun, though.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #248736

I've got a mod that lets you start off as a pirate settlement, and another that adds more organs. My colony makes money by harvesting the organs of prisoners.
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #248770

Brutal
Make sure that they don't get all bad moods from harvesting organs
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #249042

Most of them are psychopaths, and the ones that aren't are drugged up with joywires
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #249067

Someone was working on a WH40K total conversion mod for this game, which looked pretty damn fun. Would be amazing if vehicles were also added. The mods for this game are really something.

The only thing i dislike about this game is that the AI invaders seem so damn simple and easy to abuse.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #249079

I've seen a Call of Cthulhu conversion mod on the workshop. Has anyone tried it out?
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #249080

Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #249328

I'm listening
tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #249330

Can anyone recommend a good conversion mod? I'm interested in the cult one tbh
Game Admin
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #249525

Luke Cox wrote:I'm listening
Got nothing to say. I've seen the screenshot in rwg, people play it there.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #249690

tedward1337 wrote:Can anyone recommend a good conversion mod? I'm interested in the cult one tbh
Ive seen it in a few modpacks so i dont think its a total conversion mod. The closest thing ive seen to total conversion is the SK Hardcore one, and thats more just making things crazy hard than "converting" anything.

The Warhammer 40K mod if anyone cares: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28422.0
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #299709

I know how to set up basic stuff but I'm scared of setting up electronics.

Any advice or general know how before I start doing that shit?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #299711

Don't put machines outside or the rain will make them explode.

Geothermal is the best energy because it doesn't require batteries (which just explode at random)

Don't bother with sun lamps + trays for indoor farming, it takes way too much energy. Better to just stock up during the growing seasons and refrigerate it.
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #299714

You can farm by putting down sun lamps in rooms with dirt floors all year round if you keep the room heated

Hydroponics are good for devilstrand because that plant likes to die to events all the fucking time
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299744

D&B wrote:I know how to set up basic stuff but I'm scared of setting up electronics.

Any advice or general know how before I start doing that shit?
Avoiding the battery problem is simple, build battery houses that you keep detached from you settlement. Keep them far enough away so when they explode violently you can pretty much just let them burn. Or download the fuses mod which can absorb short-circuits to a point.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #299749

Electronics not wires require a roof.
Batteries are only good when you don't have geothermal yet. Once you got a few geothermals remove batteries to ignore the bzzzt event.
Keep animal cents from crops with zoning rules. They will eat them and you will want to slaughter the entire map.
Mods are fun.
A good hospital will significantly help your colony even if it's just 1 bed.
Best tip of all. Play how you like and enjoy playing. Thats what matters.
Oh it's repukan? Nevermind just power game with kill boxes and minx/max those butchers with asceticism.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299755

Alipheese wrote: A good hospital will significantly help your colony even if it's just 1 bed.
This is the realest fucking shit in this thread.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #299760

Kor wrote:Don't bother with sun lamps + trays for indoor farming, it takes way too much energy. Better to just stock up during the growing seasons and refrigerate it.
Sun lamps and trays are actually good for medical herbs, because if you get sick when it's not growing season and you don't have supplies, gg you
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #299763

Ive rarely needed to make a dedicated hospital room early on. Usually just having an extra bedroom and converting it as needed is enough. Also one of the best mods ive used is the one that adds floor mats. No more dragging endless amounts of dirt through your rooms. Helps immensely for hospitals. The mod that adds Hauler/Cleaner bots is also amazing.

As for farming, id say it depends on your base location. If you have pretty bad temperatures then id say having an indoor setup is worth the crazy Sun Lamp power costs.
D&B

Post by D&B » #299784

How do I shear alpacas.

I rescued this guy from a crashed pod and he's pretty good at handling (got two turkeys and boomrats first try) and the alpaca but I don't know how to shear it for warm clothing.

Also is it worth rushing healing plants when my best grower is level 5? I'm low on medicine because two of my peeps have muscle mtatine or something and one has mental mentanite or something.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299861

When it grows enough the handler will shear it automatically.
D&B

Post by D&B » #299926

Oh shit nice.

Is it even worth it trying to recruit raiders after beating the shit out of them?
How do I manage eggs? I think my turkey is on 89% fertilization
Is it possible to use mods in a pirated version?
Spoiler:
fuck you
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #299927

Depends on their skills.

Have a separate stockpile for fertilized eggs in a heated area, remove fertilized eggs from cooking menu. Make sure your animals don't eat them either.

Fuck if I know.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299931

D&B wrote:Oh shit nice.

Is it even worth it trying to recruit raiders after beating the shit out of them?
How do I manage eggs? I think my turkey is on 89% fertilization
Is it possible to use mods in a pirated version?
Depends on the raider and depends on how high your highest social skills is. Otherwise you end up with an eternal mouth to feed who doesn't pull any weight.

Also yes, I think so if you install the mods manually. But really if you can come up with the cash it's worth it imo.
D&B

Post by D&B » #299935

I see. If they're captured would executing them cause combat that can damage the warden?

I have no moni
Spoiler:
fuck you
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #299941

D&B wrote:I see. If they're captured would executing them cause combat that can damage the warden?

I have no moni
Executing a prisoner has no potential retaliation from the prisoner, but you're in for a hefty mood debuff to the entire colony if they're not considered guilty (within 24 hours of capture).

Executing prisoners is low-tier, anyway. Send a message by releasing them after replacing their legs with peg-legs, maybe take an organ or two. Your doctor gets bonus practice, no major colony debuff, and they get put back into rotation for potential raiding pawns. Bonus points if you get them addicted to a drug before letting them leave, so they come back with said drug if they're picked for a raid.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #299950

I thought you did get a colony wide debuff for removing organs?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #299964

Wyzack wrote:I thought you did get a colony wide debuff for removing organs?
I thought so, but I thought it was just for the harvester. Maybe it changed for a17? I know they have mods for it in a16.

Protip: Strip wounded prisoners/raiders before killing them and you won't get the debuff for your crew wearing "dead man's clothes".
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #299965

I typically only take prisoners if either the stats are good or if I'm feeling especially sadistic. For the latter, I replace all their limbs with the lowest tier prosthetics, strip them and then release them. That way if they ever do come back, they'll be worse than useless to the raiders... and it's fucking funny
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #300298

D&B wrote:I see. If they're captured would executing them cause combat that can damage the warden?

I have no moni
As said before. You have to manually install but besides that it works perfect on pirated versions.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
D&B

Post by D&B » #300469

>Raider alert
>Jump to location
>They passed out from go juice overdose

In other news, I got a new prisoner
Spoiler:
fuck you
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301046

You need money and have smokeleaf or you don't care about mood? Start harvesting organs, it has many advantages.
Organs do not rot and they're worth a lot.
They're obviously useful if your colonists develop some bad illnesses.
Your doctor gets the needed practice.

Also, don't outright kill them, either harvest one vital organ or euthanize them to get practice.

Even after harvesting one lung and one kidney you can sell them as slaves, and they're worth a good chunk of silver, so, if you can ignore the thought penalty, they're worth the trouble.

And last, but not least, human meat is expensive, and it doesn't give penalties for making kibble with it.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301057

Wait, why not harvest every organ?
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301092

They die once you remove any vital organ.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #301094

So? Every single organ, carcass is free food... I mean this is some serious value if you're making the most out of your captures
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301098

You cannot harvest once they die, so you cannot extract one of those, if we're talking about money, they're worth more alive than as chow.

Then again, you cannot eat silver...
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #301100

capi duffman wrote:You cannot harvest once they die
who made this retarded mechanic
capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #301102

Is particularly bitchy with the scythers and the other silicons. If you nail one alive you can extract their blades, and they're worth a fuckton, but good luck only leaving them unconscious, and without breaking the blades.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #301103

are you able to put blades on your guys and make then like preying mantis people or something

please i need it
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #301113

Yes you can.
Also yeah, not being able to remove organs from corpses was always dumb -if they've only just recently expired then why the fuck not?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #301139

A good way to deal with shitty pawns is to have them arrested and leave the door to their cell open. You're rid of a shitty colonist and without any mood penalties to boot
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #301252

I am absolutely shitfucked that you still can't reclaim bionics from dead people

They should be even easier to recover from the dead than normal organs, they aren't gonna rot
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #301339

+1 on the organ harvesting bit. Especially later on in the game when you can procure Joywires to negate the mood debuff.