Rimworld

Talk about video games here
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Rimworld

Post by Lumbermancer » #242220

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ludodevelopement.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #242226

God do I hate mood.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #242227

Build sculptures
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #242230

My colony is literally held together by smokeleaf right now, whenever someone gets to being dazed, reeling and about to break I just have them spark up a spliff.

On an unrelated note, one of our guys who's almost constantly on the verge of a breakdown mysteriously got a carcinoma in their lungs, not sure where the cancer came from...
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #242231

Also carpet and furniture. Booze is good too, and lots of mod add extra pleasure objects and more food recipies/sources that go a long way in keeping people in a decent mood. Otherwise you can always beg/buy/steal for a joywire and forget mood exists.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #242233

The god damn wires keep exploding the moment I lay them down, can I turn this shit off somehow?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #242236

There's a mod that adds fuses. Makes things far less annoying on that front.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #242255

Or you can just make a custom scenario with the event disabled.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #242284

It's always zzt. I put 3 batteries.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #242297

Wyzack wrote:I mean smokeleaf is pretty much a "get out of bad mood free" card and i have yet to see any drawbacks manifest
I've got a colony that's been going on for a pretty long while now, I've added a few mods along the way, however, the drugs have remained unchanged.
Spoiler:
This is what 3 years of heavy smokeleaf inhalation gets you
Mind you I wouldn't call this a downfall, just something to note about smokeleaf

Edit: Holy shit this just happened a few moments after I took the first screenshot bloody hell hahaha
Spoiler:
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #242308

If I had to recommend some mods, it'd be the following. Take note, these are mostly quality of life or content mods, some of them can imbalance the game and make things harder or easier than the dev probably intends.

Prepare Carefully, allows you to fully customize your colonist, save them for later use and even create entire embark loadouts so you can custom tool everything you take down to the last log. Has point-buy mode and a more open cheater mode should you feel that your embark deserves more resources to meet the challenge.

Allow Tool Adds a global 'unforbid' command as well as a allow/forbid highlighter for designations.

Colonist Bar Update to the Colonist bar, allowing you to customize, resize and organize your bar to better suit your preference, and add a few other features and information to it.

Psychology Adds a bunch of new colonists traits and thoughts they can have related to those traits and new interactions with others based upon them. Helps diversify moods a bit too.

More Trade Ships More money more problems. Increases the number of trade ships you see and their variety a bit.

The entire Rimsenal Pack more or less, adds several new factions, weapons and armor of varying degrees of usefulness and gives you a bit more specialization if you seek it.

Hand me that Brick a somewhat more sane method of building, Dwarf Fortress style. Any hauler can supply building sites with materials, rather then just the designated builder, meaning your workers can prepare entire rooms for construction rather than your builder making 50 trips back and forth building 5 tiles at a time.

Enhanced Hauling Forces you haulers to carry as much as they can rather than grabbing 1-2 tiles worth of stuff and wasting most of the day jogging back and forth between your stockpiles and a supply pod landing sites.

Storage Search Adds a search bar to your inventory screens so you can quickly and easily find the items you want.

RT Fuse as mentioned above, adds Fuses and Breaker Boxes to help prevent shorts and other bad events from electricity, though more batteries (or just bigger ones) require more fuses/boxes on that line to help mitigate the damage.

Vegetable garden adds a metric fuckton of new plants to grow, new recipies they function in and new kitchen workbenches to prepare the food. Be warned that the unpowered food prep table will cause food poisoning if you try to make meals at it that normally should be cooked (anything with meat).

Synthmeat! Adds a new plant, Synthmeat, that can be grown to give you a renewable supply of meat for your cooking.

RimFridge Adds powered storage containers that lets you store a stack of food or other perishable items in rooms where you might want them (like prepared meals in the dining room) in exchange for power. Definitely a plus if your colonists think your freezer/cold room is too cold to spend too much time in.

Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering Adds a new tier of prosthetic/bionic limbs, allows the creation of synthetic organs and lets you upgraded existing bionic items into more advanced versions. Also has nifty Rib Replacements that grant buffs to who ever they are implanted into.

Combined Ribs An OP endgame addon to the above, allows you to combine the three rib types into one super rib, create your super bionic soldier with 12 advanced ribs in them that grants insane pain tolerance, speed boost and blood filtration.

Syndicate Weapons Adds E-Swords, C20rs and other Syndicate weaponry to the game. Sadly no S balloons yet.

Advanced Hydroponics Adds a higher tier hydroponics tray that grows plants faster and has it's own light built into it to save space.

Misc Training Adds shooting targets and martial arts dummies for a rather slow but safe method to train up your combat skills. Also provides a bit of joy.

More Furniture Adds more furniture;tables, couches, chairs and even utility items like dressers and filing cabinets that offer small mood bonuses or skill boosts when placed near specific other objects.

Mending adds a new work bench that lets you repair degraded or damaged items rather than just being forced to sell or destroy them.

Feed the Colonists Adds the options to make 4 meals at a time rather than do it one by one, takes a bit more work but saves time on walking around your base.

Post Edit:

Misc Robots adds in Roombas, drones and other worker bots that you can build or purchase to help with some of the more mundane tasks like gathering wood, cutting down trees or harvesting plants. Hostiles still attack and treat them like colonists, so if they get destroyed you get sad thoughts.

Misc Bees'n'Honey Adds beehives, honey production and mead. Sadly bees don't give growth bonuses to plants, but can supplement your food sources nicely.

Waiting on Misc MAI to update MISC MAI as it allows building of Borgs/Androids to create artificial colonists.
Last edited by Davidchan on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #242428

Davidchan wrote:snip
Helpful post. Thanks for the recommendations.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #242659

Davidchan wrote:snip
Just started a nodded run for the first time...i cri so hard

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #242662

Combat realism is awesome other than the fact that it is incompatible with any other mod that adds weapons
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #242705

Yeah the main reason I don't use CR is because it doesn't play nice with anything fun. I just wish Zombie Apoc would update but both the original creator and the team that picked up apparently hate working on it as a14 and a15 modules are both confirmed as never going to be updated.

EDIT: Added Misc Robots as I wasn't aware it updated too.Whats a scifi rimworld outposts without some roombas to do your bitch work?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #242962

Trying to make semi-balanced laser guns to compete with the syndicate weapon set already on the workshop.
Spoiler:
Poor damage, but they're accurate and the damage they cause is burns, which is only effectively protected by power armor. Energy gun shoots disabler beams which cause fatigue for non-lethal takedowns. I've tried to balance this by making it so spamming it too much on a target can cause permanent muscle fatigue and essentially debuff the pawn's manipulation/moving stats.

Probably gonna downsize the graphics for the retro/energy gun before publishing it to the workshop.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
don't go for another.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #243176

MMMiracles wrote:Trying to make semi-balanced laser guns to compete with the syndicate weapon set already on the workshop.
Spoiler:
Poor damage, but they're accurate and the damage they cause is burns, which is only effectively protected by power armor. Energy gun shoots disabler beams which cause fatigue for non-lethal takedowns. I've tried to balance this by making it so spamming it too much on a target can cause permanent muscle fatigue and essentially debuff the pawn's manipulation/moving stats.

Probably gonna downsize the graphics for the retro/energy gun before publishing it to the workshop.
gooc
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #243278

Yeah the retro is supposed to be a star trek phaser so it should be little bigger than a pistol, E-gun is somewhere between a pistol and smg as a PDW, at least to me. Looks good otherwise, wondering if the Syndicate mod makers are going to re-add greytide/greytribe faction and items or if someone else will put something out. Was rather cathartic to mow down dozens of gas mask wearing loonies.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #243333

>boomalope self tamed
>came to my town
>wire zzt
>double explosion

is this game a meme?
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #243419

Man, heat sure is serious business, I had a heatwave, and three of my colonists fell ill due to heatstroke, so I simply sent them to bed with my last colonist left (I wasn't even out of the first spring, mind you) all of them died like dogs.

The survivor is an insane drunkard pissed off due to the lack of booze.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #243434

>tfw you manage to rescue an escape pod survivor and hold him captive for almost an entire year as he goes cold turkey from his psychoid addiction
>tfw said survivor nearly dies from the temperature extremes several times and has at least 5 separate psychotic breaks
It's amazing how he's now one of my most productive colonists.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #243449

Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #243459

capi duffman wrote:Man, heat sure is serious business, I had a heatwave, and three of my colonists fell ill due to heatstroke, so I simply sent them to bed with my last colonist left (I wasn't even out of the first spring, mind you) all of them died like dogs.

The survivor is an insane drunkard pissed off due to the lack of booze.
Dusters and hats help I think.

If anyone wants a meme scenario: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
K-64
Byond Username: K-64

Post by K-64 » #243460

For a single person, power armour also helps a ton. I think it lets you walk around at 150, positive and negative or something nuts like that
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #243522

If you think heat is bad try Cold. Unless you're in the desert (and even then) there is usually some trees you can make into passive coolers. But cold biomes have even less trees and can be lethal in less than a day if its -20c below. Had a band of feral pirate that would never convert so I just started full stripping them and waiting for them to bleed out/freeze and/or a polar bear to come eat them.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #243535

Davidchan wrote:If you think heat is bad try Cold. Unless you're in the desert (and even then) there is usually some trees you can make into passive coolers. But cold biomes have even less trees and can be lethal in less than a day if its -20c below. Had a band of feral pirate that would never convert so I just started full stripping them and waiting for them to bleed out/freeze and/or a polar bear to come eat them.
Oh man cold is fucking brutal. Especially because until you CAN get your hands on some wood you're entirely dependant on hunting and with Combat Realism your bullets are also a resource. If you're in the mountains you may as well forget it all together in a cold ass biome.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #243575

hit random

sea ice

bingo zingo dead in a day
delaron
Byond Username: Delaron

Post by delaron » #243583

My hard mode was a Ice Mountain tile with a sole survivor. Hot dog I made it to end game but it took about 10 tries and tears along the way... You end up eating a lot of dead people...
-------
I'm not smart enough to meme.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #243621

Finished the laser weapons, link here.

If people interested enough I might also look into adding security-based apparel and other shit from the armory, i.e barricades.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #243625

Are those replacements or brand new items? Could you add taser to subjugate suckas?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #243629

Lumbermancer wrote:Are those replacements or brand new items? Could you add taser to subjugate suckas?
New items. Stun combat in this game is probably more overpowered than it is in SS13, so having a taser might be pretty unfair. I'll see what I can do, though.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #243630

Maybe disabler then, it would reduce speed at first and then stun.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #243633

Autorifles and beanbag shotguns would be kinda cool, aside from that I don't know how much else can be added from ss13 without getting super niche. Can't imagine it would possible to make lings or holoparasites possible without really getting into the code of rimworld.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #243635

Buildable plasma canisters that could be blown up to burn stuff.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #243636

Got a little bored with my combat realism run, so i have decided to make the trek to the AI who said he had a ship we could use. Starting the journey off with a bunch of max fueled drop pods to get as far as we can. Not sure if we will try to build more drop pods once we get there or just stock up on food and travel the old fashioned way, we will see what resources look like. It would probably take three sets of drop pods to get us all the way there, and i have four colonists plus a treasured dog that is gonna come with. RIP all my self tamed animals, you were delicious
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #243638

Lumbermancer wrote:Maybe disabler then, it would reduce speed at first and then stun.
The energy gun currently fires disabler beams, which is a non-lethal way to down people. I have it so it can fuck up a pawn's manipulation/movement stats if you use it too much on them, though.
Davidchan wrote:Autorifles and beanbag shotguns would be kinda cool, aside from that I don't know how much else can be added from ss13 without getting super niche. Can't imagine it would possible to make lings or holoparasites possible without really getting into the code of rimworld.
Making holoparasites/lings wouldn't actually be that hard considering there's a framework mod for custom species/races that handles the .dll work, but right now I just want to add more weapons/maybe apparel.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #243642

Wouldn't lings be more like a threat to the colony? Like something that attacks and tries to kill with no alerts but behaves like a normal colonist otherwise. Like a vampire in Dorf Fort.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #243645

That was exactly the idea, a colonist, trader or random pawn that might stick around and attack the colony with some super human abilities.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #243646

lings is one thing I've thought of for modding rimworld, but digging through piles of computer-decompiled shitcode got very grating so I haven't done much besides a flamethrower and a beartrap.
And yeah, It's completely feasible, you're allowed to decompile rimworld source and use it for your mods, meaning you effectively have access to all of C# (well, the non platform-specific parts) and all of Unity to do what you want with, even writing an entirely new game on top of rimworld, if you're so inclined.
私は完璧
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #243770

Sunglasses making colonists bald is a vanilla issue, you'll have to grab the Facial Stuff mod to fix it.

Probably gonna do riot gear and HoS uniform too. Maybe add the deathsquad as a hidden faction that can attack with super-overpowered pulse-rifles? This would go quicker if I didn't have to make a set of graphics for each body type.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #243775

looks amazing my friendo
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #244016

Aight I'm doing better this time.

I got 6 colonists. I got labrador couple with newborn pups. I have self tamed Grizzly bear. I have self tamed boomrat...again. I had only one bzzt so far, and the fire was quickly extinguished. I'm building huge hydroponics complex for first winter.

Only problem is people's mediocre mood. I built joy things, I gave everyone marble floors. I planted some weed but it grows really really slowly. Is beer any good, or more troubles than its worth?

Also I don't have a real cook so I can't cook better meals and people get food poisoning all the time.

Also I have tons of different animal leathers, can I maybe combine them all into generic one?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #244020

Lumbermancer wrote: Also I have tons of different animal leathers, can I maybe combine them all into generic one?
no.
they're all different deliberately, it's so that when you find someone wearing a "Yorkshire terrier parka", you realise that a little dog died to make that coat.
It's a parka, so the person was cold, were they surviving alone with their canine companion? did they have to turn them into a coat to survive?

atleast that's why Tynan says he did it, since rimworld is a game about stories.
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #244023

I think it would take at least 3 or 4 terriers to make one parka
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer

Post by MMMiracles » #244033

I'm almost done with the riot armor set, which is essentially the melee version of power armor. They're also wearing jackboots, which give a slight movement boost. My artistic skill is limited but good thing this game has a simple art style.

Thoughts? I'm actually having fun with this so I'll probably keep adding things.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------

don't go for another.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #244037

make pirates raid in syndicate armor, OH EM GE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but really, what you're doing is fantastic, thank you.
Last edited by Armhulen on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #244063

Remie Richards wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote: Also I have tons of different animal leathers, can I maybe combine them all into generic one?
no.
they're all different deliberately, it's so that when you find someone wearing a "Yorkshire terrier parka", you realise that a little dog died to make that coat.
It's a parka, so the person was cold, were they surviving alone with their canine companion? did they have to turn them into a coat to survive?

atleast that's why Tynan says he did it, since rimworld is a game about stories.
One terrier isnt enough material. It would have to be a few. Maybe they just farm terriers so that they and their fellow colonists can wear pretty yellow parkas. Really makes you think.

Also if you get the mod "Vegetable Garden" you can use a tailor's loom to take all your spare hide and make a blended leather.
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #244233

Remie Richards wrote:something about terriers
I understand that, but I have 20 leathers of 9 different animals cluttering my storage and I can't do anything with them. Not only I can't make anything, because lowest costing item is 25, but there's no bins like in DF so every leather type takes a square.

I don't think a Terrier-Ostrich leather cowboy hat would be a transgression against ideals of the game.
Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #244234

Jackboots movement buff? Wut?

The old syndicate mod (a14/15) had blood red suits that were OP as shit and could have strike teams come after you if your story teller was evil. The mod maker removed tghem cause ss13 sprites are shit on the different body types.

And there is a few mods that add blended leather if you feel it should be there, though yeah it detracts from story telling a bit.

I've also been playing with rimfukashima mod (on mobile, link later) and fuck I wish ss13 engine maintenance was this in depth.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #244252

>in-depth engine maintenance
>ss13
>nah, let's set up solars
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #244288

Things that I've learnt for now:

-Heatwaves are real issues
-That cooler must be put on a wall for it to work.
-Those marble ruins must be left alone
-A wooden base is a bad idea
-Building only solar panels is a bad idea
-Ignoring addictions doesn't work.

Wish I could make pumps and flood the world with magma...