Minecraft server (with mods)

Talk about video games here
Arty
Byond Username: Cheremenin

Minecraft server (with mods)

Post by Arty » #18932

Our Discord group - most updated required information is here, also, contains the download link

Our Skype group

(No account or application needed for either, both can be joined as a guest from your browser)

IP: noframerate.com

Administrators:
Thunder11
TankNut
Hawtcrab

Standard Curse client installation instructions:
1. Download the Curse launcher if you don't have it https://www.feed-the-beast.com - click Download Now
2. Grab the latest pack's zip using the link found on the channel topic on our Discord server linked above - it's small and only contains instructions for the client, not the mods themselves
3. Open your Curse client, navigate to the Minecraft tab on the left
4. Click CREATE CUSTOM PROFILE
5. Click "Import" right under "Create Profile"
6. Select the zip you've downloaded
7. Wait for it to download and settle everything, play
Last edited by Arty on Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:15 pm, edited 107 times in total.
Arty

Re: My Minecraft server with mods.

Post by Arty » #91344

HERE WE GO AGAIN

bump
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Re: My Minecraft server with mods

Post by TheWiznard » #91355

+rep quality server host much host very game
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #91361

I think this counts as advertising...

Where's Jeb? I'll let him lock this if he wants.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Arty

Post by Arty » #91369

Uh
Well on the previous tgstation forum everyone was okay with me keeping up a private community server

I wouldn't call this advertising, personally.
Also, I've never made ANY monetary profit from hosting my servers, they're kept purely for fun and for people to enjoy. Thus again, wasn't meant as a form of advertisement.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91372

No one's got a problem with you having a server, I just don't know if this falls under advertising or not.

Anyway, when I get up in a bit I might log in and check your server out.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

Arty

Post by Arty » #91377

Alright, thanks.
I hope we can resolve this, I'm willing to modify anything that this forum's current moderators are not okay with.
Again, no gains for me here, not a public server.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91400

how is this any different from us having a server for starbound or space engineers?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91409

I don't see anything wrong with this. Its advertising for players to play a different game and interact with the community outside SS13. Its no different than a space engineer or starbound server in anyway, you have nothing to worry about Arty.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #91414

The rule for "no advertising" has really only ever been enforced for other SS13 servers, servers for other games (Especially ones hosted FOR US!!) are excluded, and fine.
私は完璧
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #91418

Do you have a list of mods?
Arty

Post by Arty » #91420

Sorry I was in a hurry.
It's 2:10 AM right now in my timezone, I'll be sure to update the OP with clearer info and a mod list tomorrow.
It's mostly the things you'd typically see in any other large modpack - TiCo, TC4, IC2, BC, RC, Ender IO, MFR, Forestry, etc, and a lot of minor mods on top of that.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #91421

if you have computercraft make sure it's the most up to date version, also enable html on it because then I can hopefully set up a thingy to browse singulo.io from inside the minecraft server

also enabling HTML lets it grab pastebins of programs so that you don't have to manually type it in
Arty

Post by Arty » #91422

Yeah CC with immibis' addons. Should be the latest version. Will check tomorrow.
So it has HTML support now?
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #91424

Arty wrote:Yeah CC with immibis' addons. Should be the latest version. Will check tomorrow.
So it has HTML support now?
I think so, I haven't dabbled with everyone's favorite strip miner robots for awhile. Pretty sure they did though. I know there's an HTML mode you can enable to allow it to pull info from websites, such as the mentioned pastebin reading for code.

ps. are there any banned items or is everything except for game crashers A-OK
Arty

Post by Arty » #91425

Well it's a private server based on trust so we don't usually use any plugins especially the banning ones; anything is okay as long as it is reasonable, won't cause too much damage or break other players' games/crash the server.

tl;dr - no
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #91470

jesus christ

I had to crank the maximum memory usage to 5gb to get it to even fucking make it past the loading screen

just on the main menu alone it uses 3.5gb of memory

you need to optimize your shit or axe some mods

PS. first launch took >40 minutes
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #91472

Vekter wrote:Where's Jeb? I'll let him lock this if he wants.

thread iz okay, pass jeb approval
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Arty

Post by Arty » #91491

iamgoofball wrote:jesus christ

I had to crank the maximum memory usage to 5gb to get it to even fucking make it past the loading screen

just on the main menu alone it uses 3.5gb of memory

you need to optimize your shit or axe some mods

PS. first launch took >40 minutes
Uh
Well first of all
Max amount of memory that can be used by java is 4 gbs
And tbh it loads quickly for me, even on the first launch
3.5 gbs out of 8 isn't too bad, but I guess not everyone invests in RAM
Well, I'll see if I can do anything to make it better
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Re: My Minecraft server (with mods)

Post by Thunder11 » #91502

Material prizes still on offer for the first person to find me an ignis node close to the base
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91532

If you want a lot of aura nodes, hunt the Deep Dark for them. Not only do a ton spawn down there, they're also easier to see because of the pitch darkness.

Getting a dangerous super node
  1. Build yourself a (higher tier) jetpack from Simply Jetpacks. They let you escape hungry nodes.
  2. Find a hungry node.
  3. Encapsulate it in obsidian.
  4. If you made any progress in Blood Magic, or know anyone who did, use a teleposer (of at least 3x3x3) to move your node instead of jars. This does not only prevent damage but also a lot of fucking around that comes standard with capturing hungry nodes.
  5. Else, place wooden slabs on top and Equal Trade the obsidian for glass and convert into a jar before the hungry node eats the glass. (Worst case scenario quickly Equal Trade the glass back for obsidian.)
  6. Build an assembly that mass-produces crafting tables and drops them into the hungry node. (Crafting tables contain all primal aspects once you break down their compound aspects.)
  7. Once the hungry node is up to 200-300 in every primal aspect (don't let it grow too big or it'll crash the server), move it to a safe location and put a tainted node near it. (Take precautions for the taint that will spread.)
  8. The hungry node will get converted to a tainted node. From this point on forward you will need to contain the taint it will generate, but if you are careful that's not so hard.
  9. Now the node won't eat them, put a node stabilizer under it and a transducer over it.
  10. Enjoy having all the centivis you'll ever need, and your own private patch of tainted land.
  11. Realize the huge mistake you made when the taint escapes its containment and consumes your base.
ALWAYS USE THE BLOOD MAGIC TELEPOSER TO MOVE YOUR NODES INSTEAD OF JARS IF YOU CAN

If you did well, your node should now look something like this:

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91533

What the fuck are you people even playing the fuck this is like what the what.

I cut tree to make pickaxe to bash rock to make sword not good enough for you people anymore?
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91541

Stickymayhem wrote:I cut tree to make pickaxe to bash rock to make sword not good enough for you people anymore?
of course it is, but I cut down trees made from pure magic to build pickaxes made from metal infused with eldritch power to bash rocks that hold shards of sinful magic to make swords forged from the blood of the gods
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91544

What do you even need nodes for
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #91546

To collect vis for your wand, mainly. The whole of Thaumcraft depends on finding nodes to charge your wand, basically.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91548

if you build a setup like I did in that screenshot, you can harvest energy directly from them to power certain magical machines
Spoiler:
Arty

Post by Arty » #91571

Stickymayhem wrote:What the fuck are you people even playing the fuck this is like what the what.

I cut tree to make pickaxe to bash rock to make sword not good enough for you people anymore?
LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE WORLD OF MINECRAFT MODDING

It's 5% autism, 5% drama, and 90% FUN

Seriously though modded Minecraft is an insanely deep experience, it's nothing like the never-going-to-be-finished-anyway vanilla bullshit (that I despise greatly).
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91634

Minecraft, per se, is a deep experience. You dig, man!
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Arty

Post by Arty » #91639

Then you hit bedrock

RotaryCraft actually allowed you to legitimately destroy bedrock and happily die in the void
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91793

RotaryCraft doesn't allow you to dig through the bottom layer of bedrock though.

However, the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe does.
Spoiler:
it just turns it into a portal to a dimension that's all bedrock with massive patches of ore here and there. But the Awakened Ichorium Pickaxe is so hard to make that by the time you have one you probably don't need the dimension.
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #91915

Fucking new AE2 channels a shit

Spoiler:
modded minecraft is my greatest guilty pleasure
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91916

Does it have buildcraft
Spoiler:

Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91925

who even gives a shit about buildcraft anymore
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #91926

I'm pretty sure it doesn't but even if it did you don't really need it in this pack, there are tons of better quarry options w/ computercraft or even forgoing quarries completely and using projectE
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91964

let's take a look at why'd you want to use buildcraft

Transport Pipes
The ducts from Thermal Expansion and the conduits from Ender IO are a lot easier to use. Also, the conduits have the advantage that you can put 1 of each type in a single block space.

Power Generation
Other mods add so many different types of power generation (with renewable or virtually infinite sources of fuel) that going through all the effort to pump up oil and refine it into fuel is only something you do nowadays just because you want to do it.

Pump
Ender IO adds the Ender-Thermic Pump, which is better than the Buildcraft pump in almost every situation where you'd actually need a pump. The only case I can think of where the BC pump is better is an oil well. The Ender-Thermic Pump might not be able to pump water, but there are a lot more alternatives for that (the Liquid Transfer Nodes from Extra Utilities is just one example).

Quarry
Ender IO also adds the Ender Quarry, which is better than the Buildcraft quarry in every way (just more expensive to build).

Floodgate
A machine that lets you flood its surroundings with the liquid you pump into it. For some time, this was the only Buildcraft machine I still used (and even then the number of situations in which you need liquid source blocks directly in the world is limited), since the only available alternative was automating buckets to be filled with a liquid and released in a specific place. But now Thaumcraft has the Arcane Spa, which fills a 5x5 area above it with whatever liquid you pump into it.

Filler/Builder
Two of the few machines for which I don't know an alternative off the top of my head. I'll admit Buildcraft is useful for this.
Spoiler:
Jazaen
Byond Username: Jazaen

Post by Jazaen » #91975

In the end, buildcraft is mostly a legacy mod that's nice to have around for nostalgia. Also, mining wells can be used in some mining machine designs.
I play:
SMAI-Reactivation (SybilAI)
SMAI-Revolutions (BagilAI)
: Endorsed by Poly, the Parrot! https://twitter.com/Poly_the_Parrot/sta ... 7588301825
Shannah Rader (Sybil geneticist)
Janette Hall (Bagil geneticist)
Also, I'm a Game Admin or something right now. You can tell me how I'm doing here
I seriously hope you don't make the same mistakes I have
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91977

oh right, I forgot about the mining wells. those are really useful to build world eaters
Spoiler:
Arty

Post by Arty » #91978

meanwhile

Also I'll put up a list of mods soon. I'll try to keep it updated

And yes, we do have Buildcraft and some addons to go with it such as Buildcraft Additions which is a really nice one actually

@Ricotez
Just in case - Extra Utilities adds an Ender Quarry and the Ender-Thermic Pump, not Ender IO
Reyouka
Byond Username: Reyouka

Post by Reyouka » #92037

Do you use any Universal Electricity mods? I like a few of the ones that use that as a base. Also, power-suits?
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561197966737024.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561197966737024]Image[/url]
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #92054

I was the only one on for a couple hours and I'm 98% sure I just crashed the server. Don't put 6 energy condenser mk2's around a dark matter pedestal w/ a time watch turned on. If you try to access the chest it crashes the server, I tried it on single player and it crashed too.

edit:
Reyouka wrote:Do you use any Universal Electricity mods? I like a few of the ones that use that as a base. Also, power-suits?
I'm not sure about UE because I've only been dicking around with ProjectE, but as far as power suits go I don't think you need them, once you get red matter/gem armor from projectE you're pretty much invincible anyway.
Arty

Post by Arty » #92081

Both UE and MPS were (for some reason) removed from the RR3 optional list at some point. They indeed can be added externally, but I'm not sure if this will compromise the pack's stability or not
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92084

Draconic Evolution is so hilariously overpowered once you make awakened draconium

the awakened draconium pickaxe is actually in most ways inferior to the awakened ichorium pickaxe, because you can't enchant it and it runs on power. but the armour makes you literally immortal. not even admins or the void can kill you if you wear a full set of awakened draconium armour.
Spoiler:
Arty

Post by Arty » #92105

TheWiznard wrote:I was the only one on for a couple hours and I'm 98% sure I just crashed the server. Don't put 6 energy condenser mk2's around a dark matter pedestal w/ a time watch turned on. If you try to access the chest it crashes the server, I tried it on single player and it crashed too.

edit:
Reyouka wrote:Do you use any Universal Electricity mods? I like a few of the ones that use that as a base. Also, power-suits?
I'm not sure about UE because I've only been dicking around with ProjectE, but as far as power suits go I don't think you need them, once you get red matter/gem armor from projectE you're pretty much invincible anyway.
Now every time you log in it crashes the server, gg

Again

Nice luck
Arty

Post by Arty » #92725

Important:

The worst thing that can happen to a running Minecraft server happened while I was in college - it was a sudden power outage
The map has been recovered with little to no chunk corruption, however all TC research is now gone (this happens every time during a write error for some reason, even if it did not affect TC files)
Some inventories were also reset, but we used a dumb duct tape method of restoring them from the last graves. Works for now.

Tell me if you were affected by the crash
Arty

Re: Minecraft server (lots of mods)

Post by Arty » #143120

Yo Ricotez and anyone else around who plays Minecraft

We're open again.

Now my PC is powered differently so the risk of blackouts that kill the entire map and render it unrecoverable is extremely low!

(Also, Ricotez, sorry for being such assholes and constantly changing packs, I think we'll most definitely stay on FTB w/ extras now. You're as always welcome in the group, you've left some time ago along with certain other people and it's been really lonely ever since)
Arty

Re: Minecraft server (with mods)

Post by Arty » #173516

So as you may know, for years straight I've hosted some stuff for you guys in my very own home

Namely it was modded Starbound, which was a LOT of fun, and modded Minecraft, which is also quite entertaining

With the latter however it caused quite a lot of trouble which made me lose players over time

It was mainly brownouts and blackouts due to insane amounts of electricity my 24/7 Minecraft servers were consuming, a lot of stuff was lost over the years and some people just kinda quit

But now thanks to one of my good friends I actually have an access to a relatively powerful machine in France which runs my dedicated servers (I may run something else and not just MC at some point)

So yeah, years after, my servers are no longer affected by shit like annoyingly frequent world resets, and will actually have stable ping and won't crash as often

I'm currently hosting a heavily modded Minecraft server on that machine, hop on if you're still interested, still looking for new players to join us, there's currently about 5-10 people playing on average

TL;DR - SERVER REVIVED, BUT NOW RUNS ON VERY GOOD CRASH-PROOF HARDWARE
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #174273

rock monsters are cancer and monster girls are a menace to society.

also what are these random event announcements that don't seem to do anything?

otherwise breddy gud server would die in hell spawn again
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Arty

Post by Arty » #174506

Blame Hawtcrab for accidentally turning half of the overworld into nether
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #174592

Kinda sucks that thaumcraft research is already completed beforehand, that was the most fun of the mod IMO.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
TheWiznard
Github User

Post by TheWiznard » #174628

yeah, a lot of people who play on arty's server have played w/ thaumcraft like hundreds of times already so when we set up the server we were all like screw that noise