Star Citizen: Chrissu Robertsu's Moon Money Generator

Talk about video games here
Bolien
Byond Username: Bolien

Star Citizen: Chrissu Robertsu's Moon Money Generator

Post by Bolien » #247038

I'm a mega-fag for Star Citizen and since the latest patch actually made it a playable multiplayer game, I've had some fun with a friend of mine killing pirates, crashing into people trying to take off, and EVA-ing in space like a nugget.

Who else has invested into this pyramid scheme other than myself? I have a Constellation Andromeda (six person freighter, think Millennium Falcon but not round) who needs some crew if you duders wanna derp around.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Star Citizen: Chrissu Robertsu's Moon Money Generator

Post by Timbrewolf » #247046

I bought in at the cheapest bracket at the time, have my mercenary card around here somewhere.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #247049

Do you know want to know the DEEP LORE or like gameplay?

Let's play sometime then Anon, tho I will need an invite to the discord because I wasn't around during the holiday discord memes.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #247058

I'm gonna wait until this shit gets finished, if ever.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #247089

Its current state, while still rough and definitely still pre-alpha (not even close to feature complete), is still super fun and extremely promising.
They current have a minor economy system in, a crime system, questing, quantum travel, docking, FPS combat in and out of EVA, and ship racing/combat.

They just made a switch from CryEngine to Amazon's Lumberyard engine and holy hell did things take a huge leap forward in quality.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #247193

Got the Sq42 thing, one of the civ hornets, a sabre and a freelancer for space panel van adventures
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #247260

Couple questions about the current state of the game:

Multiplayer, how? Arena, single server, how big etc.
Multicrew, how? One guy pilots, the others are passengers, or do they actively operate ship systems (engines weapons shields etc)?
Bording actions?
Trade?
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #247319

What is Star Citizen you ask?
Well this explains/shows what Star Citizen is currently and what it wants to be once finished:
[youtube]HaJx4TdshFA[/youtube]

The fluff for this game is insanely deep, when you're on Discord sometime I can explain some of it via VoIP, I'm too lazy to type it but the TL:DR is there is a massive human empire called the UEE that is like Space Rome, which is slowly crumbling. There are pirate factions, lost colonies, like 3-4 alien species, and xenophobia galore!
Multiplayer, how? Arena, single server, how big etc.
See video. At the moment there is arena stuff like dog fighting, racing, and FPS combat but these are all test beds for the persistent universe, which just launched in a pre-alpha state. Basically its going to a space realm bigger than Eve where you are able to do anything you want organically with hundreds, if not thousands of people joining you.

There will be only one mega server (powered by Amazon Web Services) which will have dynamic instancing based on your organization (clan), location, friends list, and activities.
Multicrew, how? One guy pilots, the others are passengers, or do they actively operate ship systems (engines weapons shields etc)?
Absolutely. There are multicrew ships as small as two and capital ships with crews upwards of 50 I believe. Now there will be hireable AI to fill these posts but of course humans are preferable assuming they are competent.
I have a freighter called the Constellation Andromeda (See: which can hold a crew of six people. Me and a friend have been dicking around in it and its great.

I pilot and he either guns one of the two turrets or co-pilots. There are two co-pilot seats, one is a radar and weapons officer, another is like an engineering officer who directs power flow to different systems depending on necessity.
Also there is a small snub parasite fighter attached which, once the functionality is added, he can launch to fight off attackers and then reattach to continue our spess journey.
Bording actions?
Yup, damage is modular so you will be able to disable a ship so you can EVA over, breach charge in, and kill the occupants.
I kind of had something like this happen to me yesterday. I was sitting on the platform at a space station and someone jumped on board via my cargo hold and I didn't notice them.
Once I quantum jumped somewhere else, he shot me in the back of my head and stole my ship. GGNORE.
Trade?
There is going to be a full economy system, kind of like Eve's. They have hired economists to design a fully function system with mining, trading, supply and demand, hauling cargo, salvage, etc.
Currently you can complete missions to earn credits which allows you to buy weapons, firearms, ship mods, clothing, and EVA suits.

Thanatos
PM me your steam url, I'll add you and we can spess sometime.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #247336

Thank you, I already knew some of these final features, I was actually asking about the current state. Last time I checked they only had arena dogfights, now you're saying they moved to pre-alpha persistent universe, how large is that?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #247468

I use my thinger via just the straight launcher. I use the handle steelgriffin ingame.

Also I k inda wish I had a drake caterpillar personally. I hope we get paint job customization in the future.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #247482

you know what other game had a hype list of features like this? spore

also i guess no mans sky
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #247545

While I understand the worry that this is all hype, they've been piecemeal releasing portions of the game in a pre-alpha state.
It first started with the dogfight module, then planet side module (which allowed people to just walk around a station), and now they have released the first playable build of the persistent universe and first person shooter.

Currently in the persistent universe you spawn on Crusader Station or in Grim Hex (criminal station) and are able to buy minor in game items as previously described and pull out any ship you have in your hangar(s).
You are able to do a select number of quests that involve going to places, fighting pirates, and interacting with electronics of some sorts. While there is nothing that deep or overtly unique about the quests, its a fantastic proof of concept that blends ship combat, exploration, EVA shooting, and minor tid bits of story.
The persistent universe is split into 24 man instances at the moment and you can kill, ram, griff as much as you want but the more you do it, the more your crime state increases. This can be removed via a security outpost which has to be hacked into, telling everyone in the instance that you're doing it and leaving you as bait to get shot till its completed.

A lot of the worlds are pretty empty right now, thats not just the demo footage. The game is not close to feature complete and they are focusing on that before flushing the worlds out.
As someone who backed the kickstarter and has dabbled in the modules since the initial release, the current build is light years of progress especially consider its early mismanaged development and completely re-writing CryEngine before switching to Lumberyard. (See: http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2016/09/23/insi ... ar-citizen **Disclaimer I work for Future PLC who publishes Kotaku UK, not shilling just think that's a really good investigative piece.**)

While I understand what you mean by them hiring a PR firm, the INSANE amount of content and transparency provided to the community via blog posts, forum discussions with devs, and numerous weekly livestreams/programs has been beyond successful in terms of garnering community support and continuing to drive the moon money generator. Again since this game is still in an early phase of its development, seeing executed as proof of concepts is huge. For example them just showing off the FPS boarding action in zero G garnered a standing ovation from the Gamescom crowd, so take it in context of them talking to the community they know so well not necessary Joe Schmo.

Besides, PR spin is what got games like NMS and such in trouble, Star Citizen usually shows off pretty blunt and often times buggy demos of their latest builds. The whole sand dune planet scene was part of an two hour livestream from their own convention, none of it pre-recorded:

That all said, if you wanna wait I encourage you to do so. I'm just really enjoying myself in the persistent universe with the little content there currently is and wanted to have some peeps join me if they had backed the game too. :)
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #247930

>not able to slap branding on the side of your freighter for sweet spacebux
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #248047

No I watched it live Cosmic and then re-watched it before sending it to you, seems the same to me. /shrug

Well the issue with NMS is that it was a bunch of indie devs who didn't know how to do anything in terms of appropriate PR/marketing so when Sony put them on a massive pedestal they just kind accepted it.
I actually don't blame them for the misleading PR they got, I blame Sony completely. Like Hello Games does not have a PR team, they are a tiny studio. In fact most devs don't have PR teams.

As someone who worked PR for a developer, usually its a one or two person team with most of the work being outsourced to an agency, and its highly unlikely Hello Games had the funds to pay for PR.
I'm sure their deal with Sony included PR and advertising via Sony because it sure seemed like it.

I mean Chris Roberts, the guy in the video, isn't just the project lead but the founder and CEO of the whole company. Its his baby and its his vision that the fans have rallied around so while he may come off as a bit awkward, he is the literal heart behind the game.
However, Chris does present and speak and stream like all the fucking time, you just get used to that way he talks cus it is a bit strange. Interestingly enough his wife Sandy is the head of marketing for all of CGI.

Dunno if you can slap custom branding but I know like decals and paint for ships and firearms are in the dev pipeline.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #248084

So how does ship loss currently work?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #248131

On a timer for respawn, or pay to get it back faster.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #248140

Yeah what Thanatos said.

Though that is only till the persistent universe is completed and launched into beta, which could be at least a year.
Once in beta though, perma loss of ships will be implemented, which can be negated via insurance. The insurance cost is supposed to be negligible, according to the devs.

Insurance only covers the basic ship model, so if you purchased and implemented upgrades to your weapons, radar, engine, etc you will not be reimbursed for that.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #248146

Player-run insurance agencies and insurance fraud when?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #248429

I could see Eve doing that shit.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #248669

The premise is insanely cool but I don't trust the developers for the minute. Not paying a cent until the full release.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays

Post by ThanatosRa » #248694

I just want to be a dickhead in a big ship flying around in space.

I guess I can do that with my Gunmetal Panel Space-van.
Seriously, I look at the freelancer and wonder if I've got a rape dungeon in the back end, it's like a damn box truck in space.

u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #248743

I wanna be a dickhead in a small ship.

Tell me we can go space submarining.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #250060

Nah there isn't.
How would space submarining even work?
Like water wouldn't have a form in space.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #250082

Space submarining works like planetary submarining, only in space.
You sneak up on merchant ships that the guys who sign your paycheck don't like, bomb them to bits, then run like hell because you can't do shit in a stand-up fight.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #258759

Bolien wrote:I was sitting on the platform at a space station and someone jumped on board via my cargo hold and I didn't notice them.
Once I quantum jumped somewhere else, he shot me in the back of my head and stole my ship. GGNORE.
Shit, you can do that?

I may want to play the game JUST for that.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #286838

MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #286857

Seriously, if you dumped any money into this, cut your losses and just get out now. Sunk cost fallacy, my friends. This project's continued revenue stream relies upon it.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286912

Luke Cox wrote:Seriously, if you dumped any money into this, cut your losses and just get out now. Sunk cost fallacy, my friends. This project's continued revenue stream relies upon it.
Nah, it's gonna be great.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #286924

DemonFiren wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Seriously, if you dumped any money into this, cut your losses and just get out now. Sunk cost fallacy, my friends. This project's continued revenue stream relies upon it.
In that case, I have some snake oil you may be interested in
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #286928

Luke Cox wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
In that case, I have some snake oil you may be interested in
I'm gonna buy it like I bought Star Citizen: not at all.
It's still gonna be great, though.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #286996

Sell him snake oil, he's a damn lizard.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #287007

I'm waiting for "release" to judge this

It's a win win for me - if it dies or turns out shit I lose nothing and can play video games

If it turns out to be the fucking ridiculous universe simulator they promise then it's a win because >jesus christ they did it
Limey wrote:its too late.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #287035

CosmicScientist wrote:Nuh uh. Be as pessimistic as possible and lambast the people who pay towards it. Only things I like are good.
>there are people who unironically believe things like this

i know you're joking but it hurts
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #287043

The more money they get the less likely the game is going to get completed.

It's suffering from feature creep hardcore.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #287076

I can't tell you guys what to do with your money, but don't expect anything good to come of this. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised, but I doubt it.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #287102

lntigracy wrote:The more money they get the less likely the game is going to get completed.

see: broken age/most kickstarters that get past their goal

it's unfortunate, some people manage to retain the spirit of their origina pitch and use the money well, but others feel the need to increase the scope thanks to the new funding and it often falls apart
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #287338

Qbopper wrote:
lntigracy wrote:The more money they get the less likely the game is going to get completed.

see: broken age/most kickstarters that get past their goal

it's unfortunate, some people manage to retain the spirit of their origina pitch and use the money well, but others feel the need to increase the scope thanks to the new funding and it often falls apart
This, I don't know how many of them were scams from the get go, but most of the failed crowdfunding projects always show the same excuse/cause, they accepted stretch goals that grew way beyond what they were capable of doing, and the project escaped any real chance of being completed.

About SC... It's a dangerous mixture of heavy feature creep and the team getting way more money by never finishing it than being done with it. This will never come out, and when it happens, a lot of stuff will be broken and unfinished.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #287362

Its like all those hentai games on patron that make lame updates whilst raking in thousands a month because some people are dumb enough to fork out the price of a game every month, its not in the developer's best interests to ever finish that game because then people would stop donating.
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #287464

Breeding Season.
you are mom is gay
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #287478

People love ideas and potential, and often don't really give a shit about the final product
This goes double for anything pornographic- The concept will always be better before it gets made
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #366546

Basically they want to use a new engine, and with that they've stopped putting cryengine on their pictures and promotional material and instead just put "Star Citizen".

What they should've done is as soon as their plan changed from making an entire game and instead making modules that add up to a game is renegotiated their contract with crytek...

they didn't and thought it was cool to just stop using it and use their own engine. it isn't.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Bolien

Post by Bolien » #366577

Here is PC Gamer's explanation of the lawsuit: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-crytek-lawsuit/
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #366621

Basically Crytek as a company is up shit creek and running out of money, so they're doing a gambit to get some money.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #366631

you're saying they're having a crysis?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lntigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by lntigracy » #366633

>We didn't license you to use our engine for two games
>OMG WHY AREN'T YOU USING OUR ENGINE LIKE WE AGREED

both of these statements are in the same lawsuit
you are mom is gay
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #366660

DemonFiren wrote:you're saying they're having a crysis?
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #366728

DemonFiren wrote:you're saying they're having a crysis?
DELETE THIS IMMEDIATELY
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #366824

lntigracy wrote:>We didn't license you to use our engine for two games

Presuming this hasn't gone past pleadings that's entirely 1) expected 2) reasonable 3) contemplated in American law.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #366867

cedarbridge wrote:
lntigracy wrote:>We didn't license you to use our engine for two games

Presuming this hasn't gone past pleadings that's entirely 1) expected 2) reasonable 3) contemplated in American law.
yeah i must be misunderstanding his post because i fail to see how "we licensed the engine to you for one game and you used it for more than that" is in any way unreasonable