[NecromancerAnne] Isy232 - Highly Unprofessional Conduct

Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

[NecromancerAnne] Isy232 - Highly Unprofessional Conduct

Post by Isy232 » #535349

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Forums
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Isy232
Admin: NecromancerAnne
NecromancerAnne wrote:Since neither of these have occurred, you can quite frankly get bent. We have two other servers in which you can tide into the armory rather happily with no consequence other than that you'll die the moment anyone works out it was you, and in those circumstances if you really DID try and defend yourself for breaking into the armory using any show of lethal force and someone ended up getting killed for it, I'll happily send you packing for self-antagging.
Source: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 47#p535347

This bit feels more like a personal attack rather than an argument. Especially with the addition of: "You can quite frankly get bent." and "If you really DID try and defend yourself for breaking into the armory using any show of lethal force and someone ended up getting killed for it, I'll happily send you packing for self-antagging."

The first bit is just an insult. There is no other reason that you would need to say that.

The second bit is a threat. There is no reason for you to bring this situation up, much less mentioning that you will happily ban me if it does come up other than to flaunt your power over others.
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Re: [NecromancerAnne] Isy232 - Highly Unprofessional Conduct

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #535352

Did you just file an admin complaint about a comment made in your open ban appeal?

For real, dude?
Isy232
Byond Username: Isy232

Post by Isy232 » #535355

capn_monkeypaw wrote:Did you just file an admin complaint about a comment made in your open ban appeal?

For real, dude?
Well, yes. I fail to see what is so wrong about this action as them insulting me and threatening me in my appeal makes me question their impartiality and this is where we argue issues of admin misconduct.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #535366

Admin Complaints Forum Rules (READ BEFORE POSTING) wrote: THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INSTANCES OF MODERATION OR ADMINISTRATIVE POWER ABUSE.
6. This is not a place for complaints about forum/discord behaviour. You should use this board to report instances of abuse regarding moderation privileges on the forums and discord.
Rules and template have been adjusted to allow for instances of forum/discord power abuse as well. This gives players a more open outlet to speak about these instances that the old rules did not take into account. The new rules are not an excuse for players to complain about how an admin acts in these mediums, but to give them a place to report abuse of administrator and moderator privileges which previously had no open route to do so.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #535382

RaveRadbury wrote:
Admin Complaints Forum Rules (READ BEFORE POSTING) wrote: THIS BOARD IS FOR SPECIFIC INSTANCES OF MODERATION OR ADMINISTRATIVE POWER ABUSE.
6. This is not a place for complaints about forum/discord behaviour. You should use this board to report instances of abuse regarding moderation privileges on the forums and discord.
Rules and template have been adjusted to allow for instances of forum/discord power abuse as well. This gives players a more open outlet to speak about these instances that the old rules did not take into account. The new rules are not an excuse for players to complain about how an admin acts in these mediums, but to give them a place to report abuse of administrator and moderator privileges which previously had no open route to do so.
This is only really meaningful if an admin insulting someone in their ban appeal is an abuse of moderation priveleges or not, which depends on if the headadmins see it as the case because only admins can post in FNR without getting peanut policied, as will probably ultimately this post.
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #535398

This complaint is entirely about a single post made in a ban appeal. If the administrator is acting outside the means that they should be within the ban appeal, we will address it there.

As it stands, nothing about this singular comment indicates anything to me beyond that you might leave a salty post in their feedback thread, which is a more appropriate place. The post the admin made was part of a much larger response, it was not some random individual post only made to insult you. It was also followed up by you telling them to "Shut the fuck up" which tells me that you're not exactly above slinging strong words around either.

Not being upheld, we'll see you in your ban appeal.