yobihodazine2
Byond Username: Yobihodazine

[thunder12345] Yobihodazine - copypasting

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686482

When and where this incident occured (Game Server, forums, Discord): Server
Byond account and character name OR Discord name: Yobihdazine - Chiron Reynolds
Admin: Thunder12345
ROUND ID HERE IF APPLICABLE: 206529
Detailed summary: Apparently I can't use WGW for my voice analyzers. How am I supposed ot set all my voice analyzers to the same trigger WITHOUT spamming? I said the first paragraph of Woody's got wood five times in total, to myself, not even over the radio, and this admin is breathing down my neck. Is WGW against the rules now?
Admin PM from-Thunder12345: Hey, can you stop reciting WGW repeatedly, please
Click on the administrator's name to reply.
PM to-Admins: yeah it was for my voice analyzers, sorry
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Thunder12345: That implies you're intending to do it again at some point to trigger them, so please set them to something different
PM to-Admins: i'm sorry is there a cutoff for number of times i can say the first part of WGW
PM to-Admins: i'll make sure to stay under the legal limit next time
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Thunder12345: The number of times you should be dumping copypastas IC is zero
PM to-Admins: and i'm sure you enforce that just fine and not selectively at all
Error: Admin-PM-Message: No message input.
PM to-Admins: go get em tiger
PM to-Admins: ill get rid of my analyzers
Your ticket has been resolved by an admin. The Adminhelp verb will be returned to you shortly.
yobihodazine2

Re: [thunder12345] Yobihodazine - copypasting

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686484

better work on your communication skills bucko because the only rule I can see that keeps my from saying WGW ONCE and not NEVER is that it could be construed as fetish content and for some reason you didn't include that detail in your admin PMs. Instead you come at me with your fake niceness(which by the way saying please does nothing for me considering if I ignore you you'll punish me anyway) and try to tell me what I can and can't do without giving a specific reasoning.
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Sat May 20, 2023 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #686485

yobihodazine2 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:56 am Is WGW against the rules now?
Yes. viewtopic.php?p=620056#p620056
yobihodazine2 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 10:56 am How am I supposed ot set all my voice analyzers to the same trigger WITHOUT spamming?
Don't set them to a copypasta.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686486

Okay maybe I just can't read but there's nothing in the rules about copypasta. Only about spamming. They are two very different things. Spamming is repeating the same message over and over. Copy pasta is reciting a script. Don't you think the rules should actually reflect this?
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686487

Exactly how long of a message can I set my voice analyzers to before it becomes spam to repeat it in private?
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686488

You don't think you should explain these things before resolving the PM?
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686489

Thunderspeak translation:
Hey, can you stop reciting WGW repeatedly, please(never say woody's got wood)

That implies you're intending to do it again at some point to trigger them, so please set them to something different(what I actually meant when I said stop doing it repeatedly was stop doing it entirely)

The number of times you should be dumping copypastas IC is zero(i realized I misspoke the first time but still want to act like I have authority)
Last edited by yobihodazine2 on Sat May 20, 2023 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686490

the understanding of the rules and your ability to clearly communicate this understanding is one of the most important parts of being an admin but instead it's "please don't do this" and imposing one liners.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686494

Phone posting...

The ticket for sake of things.

Thunder clearly stated that copypastas are not allowed IN GENERAL here. Which is accurate.

Is there a lack of understanding on this that we can aim to resolve here?

Does there (really) need to be a policy thread about adding copypasta specifically to the spam section of the rules?
Hugs
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686685

I guess he got around to it eventually?? Repeatedly apparently means "in general" to you. Who are you asking? I came here to dissect this guy and now I'm done.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #686713

yobihodazine2 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:58 am the understanding of the rules and your ability to clearly communicate this understanding is one of the most important parts of being an admin but instead it's "please don't do this" and imposing one liners.
It's as much our jobs to understand the rules as it is yours. You broke a rule and were asked not to do it again. We don't need to sit down and quote a specific bylaw or ruling every time we respond to a ticket.

For the record, the exact number of times you're allowed to say any part of WGW without getting bonked is zero. Don't do it.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686736

Sure, stopping was never an issue.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #686744

yobihodazine2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:26 am Sure, stopping was never an issue.
Thunder told you that in the adminhelp, if that wasn't the point then why make the complaint to begin with?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
yobihodazine2

Post by yobihodazine2 » #686751

Because that's not what he said at first. I"ll say it again. He said "please stop doing it repeatedly". "Repeatedly" implies that it might be okay to do it just once, and I'd appreciate it if I got less niceties and more concrete answers. I don't like getting bwoinked and I don't like how he started the PM so vaguely. I wouldn't have had any room to be sarcastic if his communication was clearer.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #686799

We are considering this complaint resolved. As you've said yourself 'I'm done'.

The frustrations on what was being conveyed are obviously understandable but...

We do not believe there is much merit to this as an actual complaint and will not be going forwards with it.

This in many ways may have been off as a feedback post for Thunder regarding your concerns of clarity and directness of drawing the line.
Hugs