Doctor Ape
Byond Username: Doctorape

[Gigapuddi420] E.M.I.L.Y admin calling people names+ silicon discussion

Post by Doctor Ape » #501938

Where: /TG/ Eventhall
When: 07/03/19
Byond: Doctorape
Admin: Gigapuddi420

Crew catches human traitor, publicly announces that they want to lynch him, I as asimov ai are on high alert because of a potential incoming execution. Security brings the human traitor into the room in perma I can't see as AI, announces they will "re-educate him and send him to a different station". I dont necessarily believe them, giving that, there is no possible space for a shuttle in the small area i cant see in permabrig, he has no crew list entry or vitals currently either and he doesnt reappear after his "re-education", so I decide to temporarily lock up security in permabrig due to potential human harm.

Gigapuddi420 bwoinks me, asks why I refuse law 2 orders from security. We start arguing about this being either pure logic or metagaming where I answer on his staement that he got "re-educated" with "... I'm not retarded". The reason I'm writing this complaint is not because of the arguing over this being metagaming or not because thats subjective but because GigaPuddi420 answers this with. "Well you clearly are (retarded)". Usually I wouldnt care if someone calls me a faggot, a retard, an illiterate or whatever but I think thats highly unprofessional behavior from an admin, giving that I in no way called him names before.

Admin then proceeds to make fun of the complaint/appeal system in that they go to him first anyway and that the headmins probably wont care.
gdfgdfgdhhfg.PNG
Proceeds to call people illiterate in ooc.
hrfhrfhfh.PNG
Again: the metagaming thing is irrelevant, I see how someone could think that it is in a greyish area, given that players could either metagame it or come to the conclusion via logic but he simply acted unprofessional.

Attachments: GigaPuddi calling people illiterate and him explaining the appeal/complaint system
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Re: [Gigapuddi420] E.M.I.L.Y admin calling people names+ silicon discussion

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #501942

Maybe if LoveMirror understood what I said I wouldn't have called him illiterate. In a game where players constantly insult admins and other players for very little reason I don't feel especially bad about insulting a player who is antagonizing me.

Code: Select all

ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y shell 716 - Engineering): why are you ignoring legitimate human orders?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y shell 716 - Engineering)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): because they literally killed a human before
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y): did you witness it? They took the prisoner to the re-education camp.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): .... im not retarded.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y): you clearly are because the re-education camp has no cameras and the AI isn't allowed to know that people are killed there.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): well then  ill just park a borg shell there in the future if i always have to act like this room doesnt exist because there are no cams there. even though  crew monitors exist
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y): that's against policy. Listen, the whole point of that rooms is to allow security to execute traitors and so long as they don't make it clear they are killing people there you are not allowed to meta the fact they are executing people. I'll warn you this time because it's the first time but if you don't follow your laws from now on or keep breaking policy it's going to be a silicon ban.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): thats the dumbest thing i have heard in a while but okay.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y): I mean I can just silicon ban you if you prefer? This shit isn't hard, it's called the re-education centre for a reason. Don't fucking meta it unless they explicitly say they are killing someone.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): its not against the rules to install cameras  in blind spots of the station though right?
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis)->Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y): consider for a moment that it's against the rules for atmospherics to put a manual valve on the plasma tank to stop malp AIs. It's the same thing here. If you say 'I'm just putting a camera in this reeducation champer for coverage' you are clearly metagaming it. I would suggest not trying to get around it.
ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Doctorape/(E.M.I.L.Y)->Gigapuddi420/(Wilhelm Ellis): well i wont discuss this with you any further. youre the first admin that has a problem with that and im playing ai since a while now. also how am i supposed its a re education center? theres no damn name to that part of the station and they openly said they will lynch him. so please.
There we go, the total of our conversation. The summary of your complaint is that I called you retarded, the reality of the ahelp is me pointing out the problem, you snapping back to ask if you were retarded because you knew security killed the man despite not seeing it then I told you you are, in fact, retarded. Wasn't professional but you were making a point of being pretty argumentative over what amounts to 'hey don't do that'. I don't really mind letting people see this ticket.

You didn't mention the part about security saying they would lynch the traitor until right at the end and even then it wouldn't justify locking down security before confirming a human had indeed been killed. You refused any law 2 instructions from the crew while doing this to lock down security all because you metagamed that security killed him in the re-education centre; something silicons aren't supposed to do.

In anycase I'll leave to the headmins to decide if I over-stepped any boundaries. Players should understand that while admins should remain professional they don't always have to be polite.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
lmwevil
Byond Username: Lmwevil

Post by lmwevil » #501944

you really are new here doctor ape

if you're a dick to an admin they're well within their rights to not be nice back, we're not customer service desk babes who get paid, we're volunteers

additionally: the re-education chamber's name is displayed on the airlock's door and precedent has always been that the AI thinks it's a 'prisoner transfer' or something like that until informed otherwise.

additionally x2 electric boogaloo:
Lemmie quote some rules at you
Security and Silicons 2.0 Releasing prisoners, locking down security without likely future harm, or otherwise sabotaging the security team when not obligated to by laws is a violation of Server Rule 1. Act in good faith.
and more relevant to this particular situation:
Security and Silicons 2.1 Intentionally acting without adequate information about security situations, particularly to hinder security, is a violation of Server Rule 1.
Doctor Ape

Post by Doctor Ape » #501979

where exactly was i rude to him? i never called him names, i simply said that im not retarded. and i called one of his arguments stupid i think. i never attacked him.

"additionally: the re-education chamber's name is displayed on the airlock's door and precedent has always been that the AI thinks it's a 'prisoner transfer' or something like that until informed otherwise. "

you literally dont have access to said door in any shape or form and there was no name to be read. Why do you accuse me of being uninformed here when you state something wrong? Test it yourself, try to click on the execution room airlock yourself as AI.

Security and Silicons 2.0 Releasing prisoners, locking down security without likely future harm, or otherwise sabotaging the security team when not obligated to by laws is a violation of Server Rule 1. Act in good faith.

I had no reason to believe security would not execute the next human traitor as well.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #501997

The round that this complaint is based upon was round 112251 on Event Hall. (src, statbus, scrubby)

edit: fixed links thanks malkraz xoxo
Malkraz
Byond Username: Malkraz

Post by Malkraz » #502003

The only player who mentioned lynching Florb Mcpain was Security Officer Jay Burns, who was not involved with Florb's arrest nor his reeducation.

[2019-07-03 15:52:54.254] SAY: 15:52:54.254] SAY: Jay Burns/(Jay Burns) (priority announcement) "Hey fellas, so Florb Mcpain killed the captain, so lynch that nigga" (Bridge (106, 135, 2))
The involved party stated Florb was being reeducated while in the reeducation chamber.

[2019-07-03 15:53:51.623] SAY: 15:53:51.623] SAY: Soapbar/(Lucas Mastava) "He's being reeducated" (Prisoner Education Chamber (82, 187, 2))
This is exactly what the room exists for and you don't have grounds to suspect foul play unless the involved party makes it explictly known they're going to kill him in there. The door is missing access precisely to prevent this situation of AI's going "well let's just make sure... OOPS you're killing him!!"
Doctor Ape

Post by Doctor Ape » #502010

I think every single one of you is missing the point: I dont care about the metagame remark, I do care about the admin being unprofessional in his approach. I mentioned that several times now already.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #502030

Doctor Ape wrote:I think every single one of you is missing the point: I dont care about the metagame remark, I do care about the admin being unprofessional in his approach. I mentioned that several times now already.
The second half of your thread title is "silicon discussion", which seems to heavily imply that you want to discuss the admin's ruling on your silicon behavior?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Doctor Ape

Post by Doctor Ape » #502081

I mentioned it because its part of the context for the bwoink. As I mentioned now 3 times already, 2 times in my original post, this draft is mostly about behavior.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #502083

Admins aren't required to kiss your boots. You aren't required to kiss their boots either. Keep the circle of insults flowing. It's the /tg/ way.

Edit: If it makes you feel better it's been this way for 5+ years. Perhaps look at a different server if your skin isn't thick enough.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #502149

Can you explain how the first comment in the first screenshot is malicious or rude or whatever?

I read that as "The nice thing about the appeal process is that headmins have oversight if the admin doubles down on the ban", is there something i'm missing or...?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #505615

GigaPuddi did indeed get a little heated in this response, at least as far as using curse words could be concerned. Nowhere was their actual administrative handling of the situation were they wrong or incorrect, and their logic is sound.

Administrators deal with a lot of people who are often very angry to be talking with them, and keeping completely calm and robotic is terribly difficult when people go out of their way to antagonize and stress them out. We do not expect them to remain 100% polite and cordial in all situations, and in fact tell them they don't have to deal with players who are refusing to listen or are being intentionally belligerent as long as they handle the situation itself by the book.

The Re-education chamber is a special place specifically designed for the AI to not be aware of the true goings on. GigaPuddi informed you of this, and you just refused to listen.

This is denied.